OK... I give up on the 1000 cars trophy.

  • Thread starter Thread starter hot_cheese
  • 74 comments
  • 7,556 views
I can't wait till the regret hit OP.
 
There should e something like eBay motors instead of the used car dealership but make it online.
 
There should e something like eBay motors instead of the used car dealership but make it online.



All the good stuff would instantly get a 20,000,000 cr bid
 
Don't give up just yet. Get 2.5 million credits, go to Dealerships, Gran Turismo, PDI Kart, choose a color, and purchase. Keep doing this until you have 1,000 cars in your garage.
 
I also have about 760 (different) cars, and I have about 16 million credits. My best asset(s) however: 150 copies of the Ferrari F-40, each worth 135,000 credits. Instant 20 million whenever I need it, just back-up my save, sell all F-40's, buy car worth 20 million credits or less, dupe it to my other account, and restore save with F-40's still unsold.

Wouldn't it be easier just to keep the 20million credits in the account? It would save the step of having to sell all the cars
 
Why would you get rid of them? You just say it's stupid that only 100 can be favourites and next you say is you only need about 110... see where this is going?

And the you can sort them by manufacturer, country and and and...
 
Has anyone thought at 1 minute (or whatever) how long it would take to buy 8 or 900 karts. Think I'll spend the time with the 430 on the 'Ring instead thanks!! :)
 
If it's that bad, then just buy a LOT of karts.

This. just buy the 500 or whatever number of karts you need. The cars don't have to be unique.
 
How about instead of deleting those cars you gift them to you friends? No need to just waste them.

Because it would take him over a year at ONE CAR PER DAY to get rid of them down to the ~100 or so he wants to keep.
 
Don't give up just yet. Get 2.5 million credits, go to Dealerships, Gran Turismo, PDI Kart, choose a color, and purchase. Keep doing this until you have 1,000 cars in your garage.

While you would get the trophy doing this, much more fun to try and collect 1,000 different individual cars I think.
 
I'm trying to keep two versions of the same car, one with mods and one without. That should make things a bit more motivating.
 
844 cars, all bought or won. I'm going for the trophy, so everytime I've done 5 days, I'll go to the ucd and buy every car up to 100000 cr... And special cars offcourse.
 
750 of those cars are basically useless when it comes to racing anyway. I know people will give me crap for that, but it's true.

But that's the point, this is not a racer it's a driving game so it doesnt matter how many cars are useless for racing.
 
I don't want all the cars in the game really, to much work for just putting them in the garage and never look at 80% again. Do want the 1000 car trophy so....

I just keep the enter button pressed on my keyboard with a piece of cardboard and let it automaticly buy acura nsx's at 80.000 a piece. Come back after a hour and 20million spend. So some more A-Spec auto grind and repeat ! Trophy earned sell all the crap cars and focus on cars and races you enjoy.
 
I've finally accumulated every vehicle in the game.


IMG_0052.jpg



IMG_0051.jpg
 
The loading screens and stupid car delivery screen are keeping me from doing it so far. I've got just under 300 cars right now with all cars over 6mil CR already bought. Last night I started just buying cheap cars I didn't have to fill my garage and after seeing how much time it takes to complete the buying proceedure for each I was like, "F%*$ this S%#$!".
 
I'm trying to keep two versions of the same car, one with mods and one without. That should make things a bit more motivating.

Wow, this is a great idea. Thanks :)
 
I'm currently at around the 830 mark. I have to admit that the standard cars are really hard to collect them all. Originally I thought Skyline GT-R's or RX-7's were already occupying too many of the car counts, I can't believe there're 3 variations (Eunos Roadster/MX-5/MX-5 Miata) among each version of Mazda Roadster! They are basically the same car but with different car name in the file. Not to mention those Mitsubishi 3000GT's/GTO's! Who said collecting them all is easy? :lol:
 
Sound like a mega hasle, wouldn't it just be easier to trade for the 20m cars?

I think this would be better indeed... I have at least all the Cr.10-20 million premium cars and only ever had 2 F-40s...
the.true.samiam should get an award for collecting more than 100 of the same car though, it is some sort of achievement.

I hate trading, the more I only have to rely on myself, the better. I do it when I have to, but I avoid it when I can. Having to sync up my schedule with a trader's open trade slots is much more of a hassle imo. It took me two weeks of duping the F40 from my 13 dupe accounts to my main one to get to 150. After that two weeks of hassle I never have to worry about being short of money when a car comes up again.
Currently I am actually trading with a guy for the X2010 colours. I buy ten and he buys ten, and we dupe them to each other, so that we both get all the colours in ten days instead of twenty. It's a great time saver, but it has the unfortunate consequence that I must buy a 20 million credit car every single day for ten days. Without these F40's this would mean I could not buy anything (much) from the UCD. With them, I can buy whatever I need.

Did you buy those Ferraris yourself?

Well, that depends on what you mean lol. I bought the first one, and duped the rest from that one. Since they are all duplicates of the one I did buy, then yes? 450,000 per car divided by 150 cars means each one cost me 3000 bucks lol.

Wouldn't it be easier just to keep the 20million credits in the account? It would save the step of having to sell all the cars

This would not be possible in my main account, which is the only one of a high enough level (lvl 40) for twenty million to mean anything. I am always buying cars in the UCD, the online dealership and the new car dealership, and sometimes I will not have enough for a car that pops up in the UCD, and not enough time to win more before it disappears.
 
Last edited:
Well, that depends on what you mean lol. I bought the first one, and duped the rest from that one. Since they are all duplicates of the one I did buy, then yes? 450,000 per car divided by 150 cars means each one cost me 3000 bucks lol.

Wow!
How long did that take?
150 days :scared:
 
Wow!
How long did that take?
150 days :scared:

No lol, about two weeks, think about it for a second. I bought one F40, then duped it to dupeaccount#1, then on the same day, dupeaccount#1 duped it to dupeaccount#2, dupeaccount#2 duped it to dupeaccount#3, etc. When it got to dupeaccount#13, that account duped it to my main account. I now have two F40's in my main account and one in each of my thirteen dupe accounts, all in one day. The next day, each dupe account dupes it's copy of the F40 back to my main account, so that there is now 13 +2=15 F40's in my main account, and one in each of dupe accounts. I repeated this for about two weeks and my main account now has 150 F40's.
 
Dude.. gift the cars that just make space to a secondary account, then gift it back,.. its a lot of work but you will get the trophy..
 
I've finally accumulated every vehicle in the game.


IMG_0052.jpg



IMG_0051.jpg

There's 1047 cars to collect.

No lol, about two weeks, think about it for a second. I bought one F40, then duped it to dupeaccount#1, then on the same day, dupeaccount#1 duped it to dupeaccount#2, dupeaccount#2 duped it to dupeaccount#3, etc. When it got to dupeaccount#13, that account duped it to my main account. I now have two F40's in my main account and one in each of my thirteen dupe accounts, all in one day. The next day, each dupe account dupes it's copy of the F40 back to my main account, so that there is now 13 +2=15 F40's in my main account, and one in each of dupe accounts. I repeated this for about two weeks and my main account now has 150 F40's.

Why not just dupe to 100 accounts :D
 
Dude.. gift the cars that just make space to a secondary account, then gift it back,.. its a lot of work but you will get the trophy..

I know that I have hijacked this thread a bit, but I didn't dupe all those Ferraris to fill space for the trophy. I use them as an instant 20 million credit infusion when I need it for a car, no matter how much money I (don't) currently have. Sorry for the confusion and the hijack.
 
There's 1047 cars to collect.

There's actually only 1031, I think. The list on mygranturismo.net includes all the stealth and chromeline cars as well.

Why not just dupe to 100 accounts :D

You can only have 16 accounts total on your Playstation at a time, and two of mine are used as back-ups to my back-up (yeah, I'm paranoid).
 
I bought 750 go karts for this trophy, one car per minute i did this for two nights :yuck: But you would not believe how fast you can sell them, it's way faster then buying. I did suffer a little bit but Now i can enjoy my Platinum and replace those go karts with some useful cars
 
I know that I have hijacked this thread a bit, but I didn't dupe all those Ferraris to fill space for the trophy. I use them as an instant 20 million credit infusion when I need it for a car, no matter how much money I (don't) currently have. Sorry for the confusion and the hijack.

I still think it would have been easier to just rack up 20 million worth of credits and then buy whatever you want for a car, dupe it back to yourself and be done with it. You're still at 20M credits and you have the car you want.

Getting to 20M isn't that hard when you knock out all of the seasonal events, the S. Vettel Challenges, etc.
 
I know that I have hijacked this thread a bit, but I didn't dupe all those Ferraris to fill space for the trophy. I use them as an instant 20 million credit infusion when I need it for a car, no matter how much money I (don't) currently have. Sorry for the confusion and the hijack.

ThreadHijackOnecopy.jpg


You can only have 16 accounts total on your Playstation at a time, and two of mine are used as back-ups to my back-up (yeah, I'm paranoid).

Why not just backup to a USB?
I personally back up to two USBs and my laptop, which I have also backed up :D
 
I plan to get at least one off each car.

For the cars I like the most. I will have at least two. One I can tune, and one that I keep completely stock.

I only have maybe around 350 so far, but im not in a hurry, as I plan to play GT 5 for a long time.

Also it would be great if there was some sort of indicator in the dealership, if we already owned a car.

Anyhow its not that hard, I just use a printed out paper with a list off all the cars in the game, and then scratch them from the list, when I buy them.
 
I plan to get at least one off each car.

For the cars I like the most. I will have at least two. One I can tune, and one that I keep completely stock.

I only have maybe around 350 so far, but im not in a hurry, as I plan to play GT 5 for a long time.

Also it would be great if there was some sort of indicator in the dealership, if we already owned a car.

Anyhow its not that hard, I just use a printed out paper with a list off all the cars in the game, and then scratch them from the list, when I buy them.

I use mygranturismo.net
 
Back