Ok, now it’s my turn to whine.

im furious. I absolutely cannot believe the heathens allowed to play this game. Ungrateful, talentless, piles of (insert the foulest smelling thing possible). I, at one point, was soaring at B.B., and have since been relegated to CE
Well the problem is right there. Dr B Sr B. You start at DR E and SR B. If you've gone to DR B it means you've played a bit and if you're as clean as you've indicated you should have been DR B and SR S. Heck I was DR C and SR S. It's pretty difficult to not reach SR S if your DR has been getting higher.

Look I know this comes off as a bit harsh but I've been where you are but take some time out and analyse you're own mistakes. Watch replays because trust me in most cases no matter how small there's always something you could have done to avoid an negative SR.

Take it from a guy that has had a roller coaster of an SR journey. And while I rage and rant about how everyone else was to blame, at the back of my mind I'm raging about how stupid I was to not avoid the situation.

Stop raging, take a break of a day or two. Then fire up the game. Qualify high, avoid all sorts of contact as far as possible, don't take extremely optimistic risks. I'll see you at SR S.

Ever noticed it's the guys at the back of the pack, or in the lower ranks, who complain the most about bad driving?

Funny thing, last night I was racing with a guy who had a name that implied he was clean and everyone else was terrible and dirty. Interestingly enough, I watched him drive another racer off the road on the long straight at Nurburgring to prevent a pass.

I can't seem to drop SR without a concerted effort, so for someone to drop to "E" ...gah...

I think @Ian Fairbanks owes it to this community to come clean about his OP. People are offering up genuine advice based on the OP being an honest representation of his feelings but in the past Mr. Fairbanks has stated that the forums should be flooded with complaint threads just like this because he complained to the mod staff that there were too many of these threads and that they should be shut down. He didn't get his way.

So is this a genuine complaint and expression of frustration or just the first of many facetious and misleading posts designed to clutter the forum with disingenuous banter?

"Ok, now it's my turn to whine."
No it isn't. :^)

In all seriousness, though...**** happens. I've had something similar happen to me on my first race at Monza, where a backmarker who just sat in the first turn chicane did nothing but grief me on the final lap, only to spin out after Variante Ascari. He then proceeded to lash out in the text chat with a somewhat racist remark, which I will not repeat.
I had considered DMing him to let him know of what his shenanigans achieved, but I just uploaded my last lap happenings with the Share function onto Facebook. Dude wasn't gonna listen anyway, and nothing would come of it.

At least I got back to C/C in the end from C/D...it's seldom ever fun to be in the lower SR ranks.

He made a joke whining thread before, so...
P7jXDjD.jpg

The fact that he hasn't been back to the thread once says it all. Just like your typical immature GameFAQs whiners.

Maybe you should try getting into SR S. Things are a bit different there. You still get the odd rammer. But I'm still having fun. I can't stop playing GTS.
As long as you aren't racing on Monza or Interlagos, that is.

I haven't tried Monza yet, not enough practice. But I've had many decent races in Interlagos at SR S.
Well, I can speak only from seeing one race, but turn 1 was pretty hectic with people not knowing how to brake when behind someone, and then the second chicane was like the 2012 Belgian GP. Some stupid Brazilian behind me didn't brake and punted me off, along with 2 others. This was in an A/S DR rating lobby too.

…….XsnipX……... Qualify high, avoid all sorts of contact as far as possible, don't take extremely optimistic risks.

Sounds like good advice; especially for real-life racing drivers. 👍

That should keep them alive long enough to actually win a race one day.

Back