Okay.. let's think for a minute.. WHY does it take PD so long to create a GT game?

  • Thread starter Thread starter BrainGow=Bairn
  • 104 comments
  • 7,621 views
Ardius, your the programming dude, whats your take on this...
 
@RedOak: So how does what you just said relate to your statement that programmers have nothing to do with the physics? Like you said, the programmers make the tools (physics engine), and the car designers use the tools (inputting specifications/data). If the car designer screws up, one car is screwed up. If the programmer screws up, all of the cars are screwed up.

I'd say they have a pretty important role to play in the way the cars handle.
 
@RedOak: So how does what you just said relate to your statement that programmers have nothing to do with the physics? Like you said, the programmers make the tools (physics engine), and the car designers use the tools (inputting specifications/data). If the car designer screws up, one car is screwed up. If the programmer screws up, all of the cars are screwed up.

I'd say they have a pretty important role to play in the way the cars handle.

Of course. If the programmers didn't already have a degree in physics than they will probably be able to ace a physics test by now.
 
@RedOak: So how does what you just said relate to your statement that programmers have nothing to do with the physics? Like you said, the programmers make the tools (physics engine), and the car designers use the tools (inputting specifications/data). If the car designer screws up, one car is screwed up. If the programmer screws up, all of the cars are screwed up.

I'd say they have a pretty important role to play in the way the cars handle.

Ok i see where i mislead you. I corrected it.

To be clear, what it should've read is: The programmers have nothing to do with the car's physics' settings.

in the sense that Programmers do the mechanics and "rules. of physics, but do not go car per car and set the car's physic values. That's the Designer's job.

In other words, if a game's physics suck, its the programmers fault, if a car doesn't behave like it should, its the Designer's fault. If the game sucks, everyone's fault. ;)

Sorry for the confusion.
 
Ok i see where i mislead you. I corrected it.

To be clear, what it should've read is: The programmers have nothing to do with the car's physics' settings.

in the sense that Programmers do the mechanics and "rules. of physics, but do not go car per car and set the car's physic values. That's the Designer's job.

In other words, if a game's physics suck, its the programmers fault, if a car doesn't behave like it should, its the Designer's fault. If the game sucks, everyone's fault. ;)

Sorry for the confusion.
Thats better, I was about to disagree with you. I still sorta do. I think programmers not only set up the physics for the game, but they set up all the parameters of car physics, like how a suspension reacts. etc. It would be the specific car developer which would have to imput things like weight distribution, curb weight, engine power, and the actually suspension settings and rates. The programmers probably create the parameters in which all the cars run on. The specific car creator sets all the things which makes the car different from others. Maybe we do agree after all...lol guess I just wanted to explain how I see it more.
 
like everybody said, you wouldn't want gran turismo 5 to be rushed now wouldn't you, because i remember when PD had to rush gran turismo 2 into the stores there was a bug in the game and it would corrupt your saved data, so you wouldn't want to rush them, I mean think about it, you bought every car in the game, you did the licence lessons for you to get a licence, you probably got 100% completion in the game, then that bug will corrupt all that hard work you did and you have to do it all over again
 
Last edited:
like everybody said, you wouldn't want gran turismo 5 to be rushed now wouldn't you, because i remember when PD had to rush gran turismo 2 into the stores there was a bug in the game and it would corrupt your saved data

I think PD are taking there time with GT5, so they get it as perfect as they can. I just wish they would sort out some of the major issues in the game at the moment.
 
I think PD are taking there time with GT5, so they get it as perfect as they can. I just wish they would sort out some of the major issues in the game at the moment.

I think they'll take care of whatever issue there is, besides PD had never let us down before ;)
 
maybe PD dudes are too busy with Tourist Trophy 2...aw come on , a brother can dream right ;)
 
I really hope PD will make another Tourist Trophy since I never got the first game :nervous:
 
I really hope PD will make another Tourist Trophy since I never got the first game :nervous:
yeah the first TT was prety good considering it was there first attempt at making a Bike Simulator. Tourist Trophy was pretty much a 2-wheeled version of GT, so you feel right at home playing TT if youv'e played GT before. I really really liked the trouble that the PD Team went to in obtaining all the detailed information on the Bikes, this was greatly appreciated by me.👍 They even included the real life Lap times that some of the Suzuka Endurance rider's had pulled. I tested them out and they were great lap times, this was a demonstration of how accurate the PD Team have got there track modelling. It's impressive to get a real life lap time and try to beat it in GT or TT, and really notice just how accurate GT is!!;)
OnlineGT
 
I really hope PD will make another Tourist Trophy since I never got the first game :nervous:



I was just riding a Yamaha YZF-R1 on Nurburgring last night, if you think fast cars is challenging and scary on Nurb..... get on a bike :crazy:
 
I was just riding a Yamaha YZF-R1 on Nurburgring last night, if you think fast cars is challenging and scary on Nurb..... get on a bike :crazy:
Yeah the bumps on the Ring are noticed alot mroe on a bike than in a car.
It's very difficult to get a 100% Clean and fast lap of Nurburgring on a bike!
But if you do its really rewarding to sit back and watch the replay.👍
 
Back