Old Fart Racing garage and tune- TPRA Special for 05-18-09 Mazda Atenza 550pp HSR

• Thread starter kart racer
  • 111 comments
Impreza WRX STI type RA '05 Daytona Road Course 600pp

This was tuned with a DFGT

64 hp
85%
S3 / S3 tires
-30 / -30 ride ht
6 / 7 springs
3 / 6 damper
-0.09 / +0.11 toe
2.3 / 2.2 camber
5 / 7 brakes
45 / 55 diff spilt
46 turn angle
0 TCS
1 ABS
Gearing:

1st 3.259
2nd 2.277
3rd 1.706
4th 1.352
5th 1.109
6th 0.930
Final 3.944

I have been running 1' 54's with this and in the draft you can hit a 1'52.xxx
Feed back is greatly taken. Enjoy.

From another old prairie fart, this is a nicely done tune! 👍

I don't use a wheel regularly, so my experience with this tune is through use of a DS3. The car handles the infield brilliantly (as long as I hit the braking points :crazy:), and tends to pull away from the non-Subie competition on the straights.

Again, very nicely done!

From another old prairie fart, this is a nicely done tune! 👍

I don't use a wheel regularly, so my experience with this tune is through use of a DS3. The car handles the infield brilliantly (as long as I hit the braking points :crazy:), and tends to pull away from the non-Subie competition on the straights.

Again, very nicely done!

Thank you. :)

Reviewing KARTRACER's Daytona Road 600pp Impreza WRX STI RA 05:

I've been testing this car for a while and I must say it is an excellent car to drive at Daytona.

The handling is very neutral, the car is very forgiving, allowing lift off oversteer for small corrections and has tons of grip so you can floor the throttle when exiting curves that it will go like crazy.

The gearing is also beautifully tuned, providing excellent acceleration. You may have a problem hitting the redline while drafting, to correct that, allow a little more speed at 6th gear (tip given by KARTRACER himself), but be advised that is may decrease your laptime on free air, so think about the trade offs if you're gonna change that.

The only tricky part of this circuit with this car is turn 1. The car has a tendency to oversteer there, if that happens, easy off a little bit on the brakes and the car will actually correct itself (it's that easy to drive! :)). The bus stop is a piece of cake with this car, put on 4th gear, brake early and you can do both chicanes accelerating (remember that lift off is your friend if the car starts to understeer towards the grass or the wall).

I was clocking 1'53's on free run within 10 laps.
Excellent job with this car, and thanks for sharing your tune with us! 👍👍👍

KARTRACER, just dropping in to give my thanks for a great Impreza tune for Daytona, in which i was undefeated today over 5 races and consistently ran deep into the mid 1'52's...

In terms of thoughts regarding the tune i can't really add much more than has already been said, i just wanted to give my appreciation.👍:)

Steve.

osg
KARTRACER, just dropping in to give my thanks for a great Impreza tune for Daytona, in which i was undefeated today over 5 races and consistently ran deep into the mid 1'52's...

In terms of thoughts regarding the tune i can't really add much more than has already been said, i just wanted to give my appreciation.👍:)

Steve.

you are welcome and thank you for the feed back.It's good to hear when someone likes one of my tunes.:cheers:

And thanks for the reveiw Zig. Your opinion is highly regarded.

Ford Mustang 550pp Suzuka

0 hp
100% wht
R1 / R1 tires
-22 / -22 ride ht
5 / 6 springs
5 / 6 damper
-0.04 / +0.01 toe
2.0 / 1.7 camber
6 / 8 brakes
43 turn angle
0 TCS
1 ABS
Gearing:
1st 3.018
2nd 1.994
3rd 1.456
4th 1.062
5th 0.826
Final 3.430

This was tuned for a Mustang only event next week being held at another forum.It's so much fun to drive I thought I would share it with you.Take it out and you will be surprised.Let me know what you think.:)

Kart Racer,

Thanks for the amazing setup for the 'stang. I've been wanting to run the Mustang at Suzuka 550 for a while. I even tried to tune it myself, but I just couldn't shake the midcorner understeer (except by punching the throttle of course:))

But your tune rocks:
The car is neutral with a nice liftoff oversteer for mid-corner corrections, and you gotta love that V8 exhaust note! I was lapping in the low 2' 21" range, but I'm sure there is more left in the car.

Awesome job, and thanks again for posting this!

The Mustang has been a pet project for a while and I'm very happy with it.If I find anything new that makes it faster, it will br put up ASAP.
Now to get the Jag into the 20's.:)

Mazda Atenza Sport 550pp Fuji FWD
+56 hp
85%
R1 / S1 tires
-20 / -20 ride ht
3 / 5 springs
3 / 3 damper
+0.01 / 0.00 toe
1.4 / 1.5 camber
8 / 8 brakes
40 turn angle
0 TCS
1 ABS
gearing:
1st 2.809
2nd 1.728
3rd 1.365
4th 1.067
5th 0.843
6th 0.708
Final 4.680

Ford Mustang 550pp Suzuka

I had the pleasure to drive KARTRACER's Mustang yesterday around Suzuka. In fact we kind of had a Great Mustang Extravaganza, with 6 (or more) Mustangs around the track at one point. It was the most fun I had driving online for a loooong time.

OK, back to the review. First laps around Suzuka, and you cannot believe you're in a Mustang (except for incredible grunt coming out of the engine, but I digress), no understeering while cornering, no oversteer when you put the power down, the car is as neutral as a Mustang can be. Lift off oversteer is there for small corrections.

The tire choice is the R1's, so you should break later, and accelerate earlier than the other cars on the field (most of them are using S3's). It may lack a bit of power on the straights, which makes it hard to overtake, but one good and long draft is all you need, since you'll be able to outbrake in the next turn.

One possible improvement (though untested) is on the gear ratios. Maybe making the lower gears a bit longer and the higher gears a bit shorter could improve acceleration in the long straights. It'll be the next thing to try.

Yesterday I managed high 2'20's in free air after a few laps, and the best was a 2'20.3xx (with a little draft in the back straight). I think a 2'19 is possible.

As always, thanks for sharing your tunes. 👍

With the draft you can run 2'19's. I ran a 2'19.095 last night.Thanks for the review ZeeStig, I'm glad you liked the car.

Yeah, with draft you can gain a lot. I meant 2'19 is possible in free air. While racing with you guys two days ago, there were some places where you were clearly faster than me (Spoon, for example). So I was not pushing hard enough... I'll try to run some hot laps on free run to see if I can reach 2'19.

I love that Mustang tune, i tried it for a few rounds and it's great!
I hated to drive the Mustang in the GT4 days, so I was a bit "reserved" to try this, but now, with this tune, it's one of the most enjoyable cars I have driven in GT5P!

Great work!

:) I'm glad you like it.It is a real blast when you have about 4 or 5 of them racing at the same time.👍

So I was racing with the Mustang at Suzuka yesterday, and I've done a small modification to KARTRACER's setup:
3rd gear: 1341
My rationale was this: the 3rd gear is more powerful than the 4th, so we can afford to make it longer, and the end result should be more acceleration.
I was running consistent low 2'20's, and managed a 2'19.8, (all in free air -- no draft whatsoever).

But of course, I'm not sure if the fastest laps were due to my modification, or better racing on my part as the night went on... :)

I have invited clacksman to post tunes here. He has been helping with some and has a good grip on the art. Welcome to "Old Fart Racing"

I have invited clacksman to post tunes here. He has been helping with some and has a good grip on the art. Welcome to "Old Fart Racing"

Thank you, sir. Next time a GTP_driver asks for a tune, I'll post it here...had to direct R1600Turbo to the 'official' (or whatever) site so he could get the 600pp Evo X tune I did for him. Happy to get a new and strange project car randomly, keeps the game interesting for me.

Amuse 350Z RS concept by GT
650pp (@Fuji F)
by request

-1 power
92% weight
R3 / R3 tires
- / 5 aero
-14 / -11 height
7 / 7 spring
7 / 5 damper
-0.02 / -0.01 toe
1.0 / 1.0 camber
4 / 8 brake
TCS off
ABS 1

3.205 1g
2.045 2g
1.610 3g
1.290 4g
1.050 5g
0.876 6g
4.100 final drive

This runs 1:43.6 with me driving in free run. There are lots of setups for this car around. You can brake quite late, and be early on the throttle as you should expect from an R3 equipped car. Feedback appreciated through posting or PM. Enjoy.

Last edited:
Clacksman, i will take anything that will make me as fast as you are.
Right now i will check your tune out! But i will be waiting for that anything!:sly:

Audi TT 600pp AWD

+18 hp
85% wht
R1 / R1 tires
-20 / -22 ride ht
3 / 3 springs
1 / 1 damper
+0.01 / -0.10 toe
2.1 / 1.6 camber
8 / 7 brakes
41 turn angle
0 TCS
1 ABS
Gearing:
1st 3.094
2nd 1.948
3rd 1.397
4th 1.090
5th 1.110
6th 0.954
Final cannot be set.

This will run 2'14's and will be in the 13's soon. ( by ZeeStig ) Loves to be pushed and is very forgiving. Enjoy!:)

Last edited:
Audi TT 600pp AWD

Yesterday I had the pleasure to test kartracer's Audi TT. To my shame, I believe it was the first time I drove this car in the game. To be honest I was quite skeptical of its potential, given the bad fame that the Audi TT has had in the past (wobbly, soft, numb, the list goes on and on...).

My worries proved to be nonsense in my very first lap around Suzuka. The car is very responsive on every turn, and with racing tires, this car has endless amounts of grip. My surprise was comparable with kartracer's Mustang for the previous RWD 550pp Suzuka event. In fact, this car drives reminds me a lot of that Mustang. Every lap is a surprise in the sense that you can just keep pushing, and pushing, and this car just keeps on giving.

Handling-wise, it's quite neutral and forgiving, lift-off oversteer is present for small in turn corrections. I had no problems with the gearing (but I'll pay more attention next time I race it).

I've raced twice at Suzuka with this car, started at 2'15's, and at the end of the first race posted a 2'14.7. In the second race, posted a 2'14.0. I'm positive that 2'13's are possible (there are many more skilled drivers out there).

Another great job by kartracer, this car is a pleasure to drive. 👍

Audi TT 600pp AWD

+18 hp
85% wht
R1 / R1 tires
-20 / -22 ride ht
3 / 3 springs
1 / 1 damper
+0.01 / -0.10 toe
2.1 / 1.6 camber
8 / 7 brakes
41 turn angle
0 TCS
1 ABS
Gearing:
1st 3.094
2nd 1.948
3rd 1.397
4th 1.090
5th 1.110
6th 0.954
Final cannot be set.

This will run 2'14's and will be in the 13's soon. ( by ZeeStig ) Loves to be pushed and is very forgiving. Enjoy!:)

Hi!
I run S3/S2 tires;) R8
But not this setup
2'11.9 in race
No slip

Last edited:
Back