Old Guys on GT5

  • Thread starter Thread starter IndyRacer
  • 47 comments
  • 3,245 views
My 70 year old father took a turn at the wheel today since the parents are visiting for xmas, he is faster then my wife who is 30 years younger. So props to the old guys.

JMII, I'm in Parkland. Also an old guy 57 but my skills lack a little.

Need another cup of coffee before my brain kicks in.








Ken

kenzoomanflorida
 
43..PSN ID IDrinkTheFifth :-) Have had every GT game since inception and have been addicted to them all. I'm not a great driver as far as racing goes but I do enjoy a clean race. I also am a FPS gamer with Black Ops as well as previous versions of Americas Army and COD4.

PC ID is {TX}WildTurkey

http://www.texasclan.com
 
Last edited:
I'm 50. The only two video games I own are Forza and GT5. Gamertag on both systems is markprince. Love to race with clean racers.

Wish they had a PI system of some kind.
 
44 old gamer here, also looking for some clean racers to hang with. on the east coast and am on around 7pm to 9 pm. manta40
 
46, Aussie here. ID: Duke999R
Always up for some clean racing.
 
Sweet, an old guy thread. Love it.
I turn 41 in Jan.
Been a gamer forever.
Have also been an AMA pro road racer, and messed around with some SCCA, and autocrossing once I retired.

Would love to participate in some good clean fun races online with y'all.
My id is Lou_Dude, easy peasy to find.

Don't even care if some kids join in, long as they know old age and treachery always prevails over youthful exuberance... :sly:

I just recently picked up a DFP wheel on the cheap and have been attempting to make the transition from my standard dual shock controller. Good grief! I'd read that it wasn't easy, but figured I'd pick it up quick. WOW, what an eye opener.
I'm within a couple tenths of my fastest laps with the wheel, but the consistency isn't there yet. Getting there but a ways off, like hold your arms straight out to your sides.... Maybe a quarter of that :)

Could be the ironing board its mounted to however. At least that's the excuse I'm using.
 
Hey you bunch of old farts. Back 7 years ago I was the oldest guy on the planet. Now I'm 56 and still my elbow hurts from braking and accelarating so hard. I would luv to have a OLD GUYS(GALS) race. 👍. My logon is bighitter2. holla when you setup the race, and I would be more than glad to join. I've been struggling finding good online race events. HELP!!!! Can't wait.
 
hello all you guyz, never tought or met "old guys" still playing GT 👍

several posts said they met old playes and yet they're still tough :D
may I ask a question.. How's your impression playing against much younger guys?
 
Hey guys, Im a little younger at 27 but enjoy racing with older/mature people rather than these wrecking nut bars lol
My ID is G-R-A-G add me up, please state you are from GTP
 
Hi I am 55 started racing games on the green and amber PC screens.
Hooked on online racing, hope I can also race till 80. AMGDTM.
 
Hi All, Nice Thread! I'm 42...about to turn 43 in January and live in Scotland. I've been playing GT since it first came out and got a PS3 for my 40th birthday as GT5 was supposed to be coming out then! Anyhow please feel free to add me. I would rate myself as a competent, clean racer who enjoys driving. I own a classic low mileage VW Golf MkII GTI in real life...it's a 1989 which was the same year I passed my driving test. Some of the guys we are racing against weren't even born then!

Any of you guys own classics?

my psn: GTP_Ecosse
 
53, I am glad to see that am not the only kid on the block!
 
This is great. I'm only 25 but I've questioned more than a few times how long I'd stick with video games. God only knows what kind of crazy virtual reality will be out in 25 years when I'm 50 but none the less it's good to see some of the older folks enjoying this game and others as well. Props to all of you, gives me hope that I can keep up with the times.
 
I'm a young 59!!!. I keep telling my wife I will grow up some day. She says I HOPE NOT!!!! 👍
 
Heck, I'm 54. Remember the Atari biplanes? In formations of three abreast? I spent a lot of time with Grand Prix Legends on a PC with a Thomas wheel and pedals.
 
I'm a young 59!!!. I keep telling my wife I will grow up some day. She says I HOPE NOT!!!! 👍

My Ex used to tell me she wished I would grow up. I'd tell her I don't want to.
 
Really like this thread I am 39 and often wonder if I should continue gaming when I get to my more senior years.
You chaps have give me faith and I now know I can continue with this great past time.

Great job at organizing yourselves I started a group to get a few online drivers together so I could race and it is the best thing I have done.


Jason 👍
 
Back