****Old Muscle Car Madness Championship****

• Thread starter reefer
  • 431 comments
Well that's quick match, which are pretty much entirely populated by dirty drivers/people who ran out of credits, that's normal there.

Also I wish Legends were in PCARS, that would be amazing (they are in iRacing though). Funny you say you love the sound, my parents and especially my mom gets an instant headache as soon as they come on track, and the high pitched whine sticks in my ears for hours later. I used to find Legends racing boring but I've come to appreciate it more. It's just funny how a car designed to run on 1/4-1/2 mile ovals is running on some of the famous road courses of the world. And with mostly the same basic rules also.

Speaking of Legends here's a video of Legends in their natural habitat from a few years ago at my local track. Don't know why there's so few cars though, usually there's at least 20.

Thanks for the video Blue. My first time seeing the Legends on an oval track. There was no catching that winner - great pace, and good patient technique; quality video too. Great.

I'll look out the short video I took at Knock Hill RT a couple of years ago; it really catches the sound well, getting the approaching sound, and the backfire as they slow and brake for the next corner - worth playing it through your sound system, it's in stereo. Knock Hill is a tight and tricky wee track, and I would sure like to see it featured in the virtual world too; very different from the ovals, yet the Legends are right at home on it.

Oh dear, I've only joined in for one race and there's discord in the thread! :dopey:

"The Rule" - Treat other drivers the way you'd want to be treated yourself.
The other rule should be I think - if you know you've accidentally knocked someone off the track and that it could have been avoided then you give them the place back at some point if the chance arises. Sometimes if you end up loitering around waiting for the unfortunate driver to get back on track you can end up causing more accidents. At times it might be best to wait until the end of the race, apologise and report yourself to Joe for review.

Racing knocks and bumps go on all the time, I find it's best just to shrug them off. I myself don't hold grudges, there's always another race. And there's more to life than GT6 anyway.
I, like Blue, also try to avoid the contact whenever I can. There's more fun in racing than winning, although winning is good too I expect! :)

Yes it was good following you @bloodyboyblue in race two, your pace made me faster.👍 Although trying to keep ahead of you if I knew you'd got a grudge against me would make me faster still. :sly:

Oh that's a shame. I'm sure Joe would have let you off. The wing was probably making you understeer more anyway!

I did seem to being doing a lot of that. :boggled:

Yes I did, they are all very good. 👍

Behind a "toy" wheel playing a racing game on his PlayStation? ;)[/QUOTE

"Behind the toy wheel" - had a good laugh at that Paul - men will be boys - lol. Prevents wars.

20160815_130536.jpg

My lunchtime view. Tried to upload it earlier but all the tourists were hogging the 4g

I like the contrast in your video between the high revving, fast moving cars, and the big dramatic guitar tones - s'nice.
Thanks Tom, I found that song about a year ago and can't get it out of my head.
I have listened to it many times and felt like including it in the video as well.

It's healed now, still scabbing in the picture.
Looks good, Colin. Shows your commitment.

tattoo.jpg

Thanks Tom, I found that song about a year ago and can't get it out of my head.
I have listened to it many times and felt like including it in the video as well.

Looks good, Colin. Shows your commitment.

View attachment 576535

Your song sounds like 70's Prog-Rock Jocke - is it? The name Oak, does sound familiar.

I'll test it out. Do you, jocke or the others have a suggestion?
I think Zolon had the penalties set on high but this in itself can cause problems in a busy room since PD's car contact system is a bit flawed. Best try it out yourself and see what you think.

Please Note: CrazyJohn has been asked to leave the GT6 Classic Car Club and the Muscle Car Madness series. He'll take no further part in related races/events.

Last edited:
Please Note: CrazyJohn has been asked to leave the GT6 Classic Car Club and the Muscle Car Madness series. He'll take no further part in related races/events.

I don't "like" that it happened, but not really anything else you could do to keep the peace, and keep the joy in the racing.

Tom, my recent adamancy regarding on-track behaviour and 'understanding the room vibe,' of which there cannot be too much, led me astray for a moment. I think it all comes back to certain blocks people have.

I know in my own life, especially in my youth, I blocked things out, very much, to protect myself from pain – but the problem with this siege-mentality strategy is that one also blocks out awareness of good things! When the lights go out, everything is in the dark! I think there can be no selective myopia. And often the resultant pain of 'head in the sand' is greater than the pain one was trying to avoid! Most people in this world are not sentient enough even to realize that they are repressing much. They 'make inward bedlam and will not come out'. And there will be many who will employ all manner of artifice to minimise and dismiss this.

I think it's a mistake to assume that, even within the GT6 community, the concept of a club with a hard but relaxed style of racing will be clearly understood by all. A paradoxical comment was made in private which I think is apt: "He's not taking this fun seriously enough".

Now I know why you ended up in Japan, the focus on philosophy was magnetic.

I'll test it out. Do you, jocke or the others have a suggestion?

Maybe we'll try in practice room and see what it looks like but I agre with the idea that some time penalties are wrong in the game. 🤬

Now I know why you ended up in Japan, the focus on philosophy was magnetic.

I've had a few private messages asking what happened re John. So I thought I'd best post here so everyone could see.. never a trust a philosopher to remain quiet:P

I've basically had enough. Eventually all it took was one straw. I've come across the “we’re the smartest people in the room and we should rule over the rabble!” too many times before. It never works. I'm not offended by a contrary view. I disagreed with almost everything he said but I disagree with lots people say so I guess I'm not so 'user friendly'.

“Sit, be still, and listen,
because you're drunk
and we're at
the edge of the roof.”

- Rumi

I'm not so much contributing to the crazyjohn discussion anymore as I am dropping out. As Colin says, onwards and upwards. Cheers for all the private messages.

mgo
Maybe we'll try in practice room and see what it looks like but I agre with the idea that some time penalties are wrong in the game. 🤬

Yes, Tom_Ascar, it's often the case that the wrong car gets penalised. I don't believe anyone in our group would deliberately try to gain an advantage by grass cutting jocke's wonderful Esses. And I'm not bothered if it happens unintentionally. Let's test it out though.

Last edited:
Can't see any of the remaining racers trying to gain an advantage by shorting the track on purpose but is worth trying out. Need to look not only at the esses but what effect it had throughout the rest of the lap. Thing is, if you go into it it full chat, get ghosted with a 3 sec penalty you've not actually lost any time!

@fadmad:

I tried your tune at Motoyama for a 1:20.5ish, I think.
Tried your suspension, my power, tranny and dif settings and got a 1.19.5.
My tune returns 2:19.3ish
My tune with jona's gearbox returns a 2:19.0 (I just changed the final to 3000, much faster and safer under throttle than 3350.)

..all just numbers tho..:crazy:

Anyway, good tune mate, just feels a bit soft for me and was easier to lose than mine.
Of the many tranny permutations I've tried a simple reset to default, 5000, 112, and final gear to around 3200 is safe and solid enough under accels. Having a short, long or flipped gearbox is still fast but much easier to lose. (A long gearbox was actually the fastest under test conditions at the one-mile drag strip. It didn't translate onto the track though)

Loved your brakes too:cheers:

Tom, my recent adamancy regarding on-track behaviour and 'understanding the room vibe,' of which there cannot be too much, led me astray for a moment. I think it all comes back to certain blocks people have.

I know in my own life, especially in my youth, I blocked things out, very much, to protect myself from pain – but the problem with this siege-mentality strategy is that one also blocks out awareness of good things! When the lights go out, everything is in the dark! I think there can be no selective myopia. And often the resultant pain of 'head in the sand' is greater than the pain one was trying to avoid! Most people in this world are not sentient enough even to realize that they are repressing much. They 'make inward bedlam and will not come out'. And there will be many who will employ all manner of artifice to minimise and dismiss this.

I think it's a mistake to assume that, even within the GT6 community, the concept of a club with a hard but relaxed style of racing will be clearly understood by all. A paradoxical comment was made in private which I think is apt: "He's not taking this fun seriously enough".

We have ways of making you enjoy yourself - lol.

Had another run at motoyama last night and it wasn't pretty! Love the track, and it's great to race at, but I just can't do the times. Normal laps are in the early 20's.

I haven't tried any other tunes yet, but took the car to apricot hill and it was doing exactly what I wanted and expected, so I think the tune is decent enough, clearly just my skill level that needs to improve.

Not got any time to do any more testing until Saturday night, but will jump in early if there's a room open and get some mileage in.

The replays from here are awesome too by the way.

Don't think I've explained that well. Early 20 being 21,22, 23 full seconds lol.
There's time to find though. Looking forward to it

When you know someone else's braking points it's SO much fun. How does that song go, "I'm in love with a beautiful track.." ..unlike my knock offs

Latest Posts

Back