****Old Muscle Car Madness Championship****

• Thread starter reefer
  • 431 comments
Well that's quick match, which are pretty much entirely populated by dirty drivers/people who ran out of credits, that's normal there.

Also I wish Legends were in PCARS, that would be amazing (they are in iRacing though). Funny you say you love the sound, my parents and especially my mom gets an instant headache as soon as they come on track, and the high pitched whine sticks in my ears for hours later. I used to find Legends racing boring but I've come to appreciate it more. It's just funny how a car designed to run on 1/4-1/2 mile ovals is running on some of the famous road courses of the world. And with mostly the same basic rules also.

Speaking of Legends here's a video of Legends in their natural habitat from a few years ago at my local track. Don't know why there's so few cars though, usually there's at least 20.

try to have a look here lol

who we do it lol

Look what happens when you allow wings. :)
Eifel_6.jpg

Eifel_10.jpg

Last edited:
Meet 6

Mach 1
Mustang Mach 1 '71

*Cleanest Driver of the Day: IfAndOr & iamtooma - 6 points each (added to the championship scores). I couldn't decide between the two experienced Old Timers and think it best to split the points this week. Well done lads.

Race 1 Results

1st - joe__kerr_________25
2nd - jam_my21_______20
3rd - bloodyboyblue_____18
4th - Tom_Ascar_______16
5th - autope10_________14
6th - IfAndOr__________12
7th - Fadmad_gt5______10
8th - sutsagrd__________9
9th -JockeP22__________8
10th - iamtooma________7

DNS -
buybon355
flaviousbutterus
guitar3rich

Race 2 Results (Reverse Grid Start)

1st - jam_my21________25
2nd - joe__kerr________20
3rd - bloodyboyblue_____18
4th - autope10_________16
5th - Tom_Ascar________14
6th - IfAndOr__________12
7th - sutsagrd__________10
8rd - Fadmad_gt5_______9
9th - iamtooma_________8
10th -JockeP22_________7

DNS -
buybon355
flaviousbutterus
guitar3rich

Championship Standings after six meets (12 races)

1st - Joe_kerr__________222
2nd - jam_my21________188
3rd - bloodyboyblue_____165*
4th - autope10_________154
5th - Tom_Ascar________154*
6th - sutsagrd__________133*
7th - buybon355________109
8th - Fadmad_gt5_______109*
9th - JockeP22__________101
10th - iamtooma_________93
11th - guitar3rich________68
12th - IfAndOr__________58
13th - flaviousbutterus____41

All race results and championship standings can always be found in Posts 2 & 3 on the first page.

The best 14 results from 16 races (8 week championship/2 races per meet minus the two lowest scoring races) will count towards the driver's total points score. This means anyone who misses a week won't be penalised.

*Cleanest driver of the Day +12 points

Great video showing us Old Timers. ;)

This Old Timer would like to give my 6 points to Joe. :mischievous:
(666! Two 6th places and 6 points)

I think I may have tapped Al (autope) at the end of the straight when the slipstreaming messed up my braking. He carried on and I slid off, so that was OK.

Great fun in the Mustang around Mach 1. I had quite a bit of action in both races. Shame I was zapped by a lag spike in race 1 while battling with Blue, but hey ho never mind.

Good clean racing by everyone I thought. 👍

Onwards to next week's desert dashing.

This Old Timer would like to give my 6 points to Joe. :mischievous:
(666! Two 6th places and 6 points)

Tell you what, let's toss a coin for the six points. Heads you win and keep the points, tails I get plums. Okay, drum roll.. here we go....... oh! no! .., you'll never guess, it was a head! Ach, I really wanted those points too. It just wasn't meant to be so I guess you'll just have to keep them Paul:mischievous::mischievous:

Joe tells me you fine peeps are experiencing mega lag on my track, Desert Highway Dash, that the right name? Anywho, I suggest a remedy of sorts.

We change the venue to the track which should follow mine, and I’ll make another track to try for the following week.

What you reckon?

Only just listened to the sound. Now we old timers really are showing our age with "The Banana Splits" and the Tra la la song!!!:lol:

Great video. You could just about catch my and Tom_A mid air collision!! Apart from my first lap bad landing I had a great time. Love the mustang.
:cheers:

I'll be missing this week anyway, was considering bringing my PS3 to my in-laws with me but not worth it since I'm not as close in the championship as I thought.

Remember I've still got points to drop, and a good result for you and a bad one for me would make it a last race shootout.
So what's my chances of winning the championship then?

If nobody else can make it to the last two races except for me that's four wins and since I'd also be the cleanest driver... I'm in with a chance! :P

2.41's without any setup, good fun sliding it around though.

The network seems to be a bit flaky this week, there's been a couple of races with problems. Could be causing the extra lag. Let's hope it clears up.

Early this morning we didn't get room to stay in up (WRS series). It's last about few minutes and then some/all were DC's with custom made track. Normal track room was ok.
The network seems to be a bit flaky this week, there's been a couple of races with problems. Could be causing the extra lag. Let's hope it clears up.

Remember I've still got points to drop, and a good result for you and a bad one for me would make it a last race shootout.

I'm still like 40 points back. I've got bigger fish to fry that night anyway like taking the early-80's Dodge 600 convertible that's been confined to my in-laws garage for like the last 13 years, but has just this summer emerged onto the road for the first time, for a spin.

So what's my chances of winning the championship then?

If you get into the 2:37s, I'll give you the championship. And the coveted trophy. Or any prize of your choice. (It can be done!) Seems like its got your name written all over it Paul.

Blue, take some pics, they would be great to see.

FYI: If the network is poor, we'll abort to Spa and instead do a TT at Tom's (Tooma's) Desert Dash.

Last edited:
This is my setup. I think the gearbox could be better.
Cougar XR-7 ´67
105/108
7.03/4.88
3/4
4/6
3/4
0.4/0
-0.08/0.08
4/3
9/6/17
1190 Kg 470 Hp
+29 Kg ballast 0%
F.4500
180 Km/h
1ª 2.864
2ª 2.004
3ª 1.484
4ª 1.155
5ª 0.928
F.2.610

Hi guys
I'm not sure I could join the race this Saturday :bowdown:
I'll make barbecue sunny weekend :cheers:

I wish you good fun race :lol:

mgo
I wish you good fun race :lol:

Thanks Tom.

That's blue, Tom Ascar and fad not managing for the race. If we have one more call off then I'll reschedule it for next week.

Meanwhile, I've set up a TT in the Club Events. This will be for points and will count towards your championship scores. Any suggestions on how many points to dish out?

Edit: fad can make it now!
Double Edit: Oh, and you can have as many tries as you want.

Last edited:
Thanks Tom.

That's blue, Tom Ascar and fad not managing for the race. If we have one more call off then I'll reschedule it for next week.

Meanwhile, I've set up a TT in the Club Events. This will be for points and will count towards your championship scores. Any suggestions on how many points to dish out?

Edit: fad can make it now!

Do it like the wagon one, one point per position, and the number of points equal to how many people do it, like 10 points to the winner if 10 people do it, down to 1 for last.

Back