On GT7, TAKE OUT EITHER VAUXHALL OR OPEL!

• Thread starter Logoncal21
  • 195 comments
Logoncal21
Ok, does any of you agree of PD still putting both Vauxhall and Opel? Their car list are exactly the same.

The only thing that changes is the brand. That's it. Same specs, same version, same everything.

I see alot of people complaining that PD puts like 40 skylines and 30 miatas, but i never see people complaining that they put 2 dealerships that have the exact same cars

Ok, does any of you agree of PD still putting both Vauxhall and Opel? Their car list are exactly the same.

The only thing that changes is the brand. That's it. Same specs, same version, same everything.

No. They are different drive (LHD, RHD) and it wouldn't make sense to market the game with a manufacturer not featured in one local in another.

I say keep them. Opel has access to german event while Vauxhall cars can't. (Mainly because the Opel Speedster is my favourite car so I can access British and German events :P).

Also the Vauxhall Calibra is better than the Opel Calibra.

However, I to be realistic here. How about both manufacturers stay but each have different cars, Opel has the Speedsters and DTM cars. While Vauxhall has the others and the Vauxhall Calibra.

Logoncal21, I´m sorry but I think you have not informed yourself about the relationship Vauxhall/Opel and the local differences between them, nor about the history which would explain to you why there are different badges.

And they are not 100% the same IRL, even in the game they are not.

Example: check the gearboxes on the Vectras. They should have different suspensions aswell, I believe in GT5 they where different, PD didn´t make it right this time.

I also believe you do not know about the size of the fanbase Opel has in Europe, and Vauxhall in the UK.

If anything, PD should make more of the newer Models available, aswell as the older, pre- 1985 cars of both brands. At that time they where completely different cars, only sharing parts just like Holden, Chevrolet and Opel do now.

Last edited:

I see alot of people complaining that PD puts like 40 skylines and 30 miatas, but i never see people complaining that they put 2 dealerships that have the exact same cars
All your base are belong to us. Argument won, victory is mine.

All your base are belong to us. Argument won, victory is mine.
c3d0981ae770f926eedf4eda7505b006.jpeg

Easiest way to differ between which is which would be if PD checked where the cars were designed and built. Like not all of the current generations were designed by Opel, but at Vauxhall in England. The Speedsters are actually more Vauxhalls work. Current gen Astra is built in Luton, although I´d love the OPC I would be equally happy with a VXR in the game.

Easiest way to differ between which is which would be if PD checked where the cars were designed and built. Like not all of the current generations were designed by Opel, but at Vauxhall in England. The Speedsters are actually more Vauxhalls work. Current gen Astra is built in Luton, although I´d love the OPC I would be equally happy with a VXR in the game.
That confuses PD's system. Just wherever the brand is based, keep it that way.

That confuses PD's system. Just wherever the brand is based, keep it that way.
Sure, I believe they have a lack of understanding about local car culture in other regions, namely Europe and Australia.

Pretending PD would actually want to model the old GT, I could see them model them as Vauxhalls, too. Exactly what they did to the non-existent Vaux Touringcars. In all honesty, as a big fan of the Opel brand, I´d rather PD left them out completly before they model a ´70s "Vauxhall GT".

Last edited:
I don't know why that twists your panties. It's not like they're premium cars or anything.

I mean, it's not like PD wastes time modelling these cars, they're simple imports from GT4. I'd get my jimmies rustled if PD decided to include fully premium '12 '14 Huayras alongside the '11 and '13 ones already there when we don't quite need them.

There's nothing wrong with Vauxhall and Opel, to be honest I think they should keep Opel because that is where Vauxhall get there cars from. If they keep Vauxhall and Opel that would be great :-) but even in granturismo 2 when they had the mk4 astra sri, vectra b gsi, corsa B sri and the tigra, I would prefer that list of vauxhalls and opels. The vauxhalls and Opel's on GT6 and GT5 are really good. But when there is 2 set garages with the same cars it does seem abit much but I like it 👍 :) I also am a fan of Vauxhall/Opel because I have grown up with them and currently own 5 with my dad and they are all rareish ones,

If they got rid of Vauxhall and Opel I will be gutted :boggled:

Last edited:
Why would someone think to get rid of Vauxhall or Opel. It's like saying "I don't want any duplicate cars in Gran Turismo". But Vauxhall is what the British players are used to and Opel is what the Europeans and the rest of the world are used to. But some times Vauxhall/Opel make a good car like the current Astra VXR/OPC, Monaro, VXR8 (estate,saloon,ute) and many more. So I see no reason to get rid of either brand.

There's nothing wrong with Vauxhall and Opel, to be honest I think they should keep Opel because that is where Vauxhall get there cars from. If they keep Vauxhall and Opel that would be great :-) but even in granturismo 2 when they had the mk4 astra sri, vectra b gsi, corsa B sri and the tigra, I would prefer that list of vauxhalls and opels. The vauxhalls and Opel's on GT6 and GT5 are really good. But when there is 2 set garages with the same cars it does seem abit much but I like it 👍 :) I also am a fan of Vauxhall/Opel because I have grown up with them and currently own 5 with my dad and they are all rareish ones,

If they got rid of Vauxhall and Opel I will be gutted :boggled:
In GT5 they were not very competitive, though. The Corsa could be tuned to around 200hp and 415 or so PP, but now I have some very fast 450PP Corsa and Tigra that made quite a few surprised Civic drivers drop their jaws in online races on the Ring.

I thank PD for this, and for the much better looking Calibra DTM.

But I never really understood the selection. I mean there is the much faster Vectra VXR; and instead of that 1.4 "Comfort" they could have made a Corsa C GSi, with a 1.8 16v and 125hp, would have been a better basis for a great hot hatch tune.

Last edited:
The Vauxhall DTM cars needs to go at least, they're fictional cars purely for padding.

Referring to the Calibra and Astra? I do think adding them was a bit odd, as the cars didn;t exist in real life (in Vauxhall form).

Referring to the Calibra and Astra? I do think adding them was a bit odd, as the cars didn;t exist in real life (in Vauxhall form).
That's what I meant, yeah. They're a carry over from the UK version of GT4, once all the regional varients were merged into one for GT5. Same reason we have 3 x each Mazda MX-5/Eunos/Roadster and quite a few others.

Why would someone think to get rid of Vauxhall or Opel. It's like saying "I don't want any duplicate cars in Gran Turismo". But Vauxhall is what the British players are used to and Opel is what the Europeans and the rest of the world are used to. But some times Vauxhall/Opel make a good car like the current Astra VXR/OPC, Monaro, VXR8 (estate,saloon,ute) and many more. So I see no reason to get rid of either brand.
The Monaro and VXR8 are not Vauxhalls, they are just rebranded Holdens, same as various Chevys and pontiacs are also rebranded holdens.
I would love to see a lot more Holden and HSV vehicles on the game, instead of them only being known by their export names.

Back