On GT7, TAKE OUT EITHER VAUXHALL OR OPEL!

• Thread starter Logoncal21
  • 195 comments
@BigBadWolf007: That doesn't matter if they are rebadged Holdens, Chevys or Pontiacs.

If it wears a Vaxuhall badge it's a Vaxuhall. Look at the VX220, great car but made by Lotus and it's the same with the Vauxhall Lotus Carlton where that was tuned by Lotus. I will admit Vauxhall have had some bad cars like the original Vectra and the leathal Vectra VXR (bad chassis for the power, see Top Gear's review.) But the Insigna VXR was the car I think helped Vauxhall to make good 'hot' versions of their normal cars, the current Astra VXR is also good as well. Even Jeremy Clarkson likes it and he gave the original Vectra a right grilling.

Referring to the Calibra and Astra? I do think adding them was a bit odd, as the cars didn;t exist in real life (in Vauxhall form).
I believe, as I was explaining to @Scaniabebe, that Vauxhall had a large brand presence at ITC Silverstone in 1996. I believe some of the Joest cars were rebadged.

In GT5 they were not very competitive, though. The Corsa could be tuned to around 200hp and 415 or so PP, but now I have some very fast 450PP Corsa and Tigra that made quite a few surprised Civic drivers drop their jaws in online races on the Ring.

I thank PD for this, and for the much better looking Calibra DTM.

But I never really understood the selection. I mean there is the much faster Vectra VXR; and instead of that 1.4 "Comfort" they could have made a Corsa C GSi, with a 1.8 16v and 125hp, would have been a better basis for a great hot hatch tune.

Yeah I'll agree the power was abit short on GT5, only if the corsa C GSI was real there's a corsa B GSI,

Yeah I'll agree the power was abit short on GT5, only if the corsa C GSI was real there's a corsa B GSI,

Mate, we had C GSi in Europe ;)

http://www.ultimatespecs.com/car-specs/Opel/3350/Opel-Corsa-C-18-16v-GSI.html

Opel%20GSI%20%28corsa%202003%29%203.jpg

I drive a D GSi 5-door. They are both definitely real.

Attachments

• DSC00257.JPG
    DSC00257.JPG
    46.6 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Why would someone think to get rid of Vauxhall or Opel. It's like saying "I don't want any duplicate cars in Gran Turismo".
I think you'll find quite a few people have been saying exactly that for a good amount of time. Ever since PD decided that making up car variations to push up the car count was a suitable alternative to actually including new cars.

Last edited:
What the hell why do u have them :( that must be the sri to us then because that looks like a sri, I want one of them now :grumpy:

What the hell why do u have them :( that must be the sri to us then because that looks like a sri, I want one of them now :grumpy:
I´m not 100% sure but maybe you could find Opel Corsa C GSi in Ireland, would be RHD :D . But like I said, not too sure they sold them there as GSi´s.

Or you mean in the game? The above is more likely! :(

I know, right? If PD gets rid of the Opels (or Vauxhalls) then maybe they can focus on getting rid of all the extra Miatas and SKylines. :crazy:

I know, right? If PD gets rid of the Opels (or Vauxhalls) then maybe they can focus on getting rid of all the extra Miatas and SKylines. :crazy:
Why do the Opels and Vauxhalls need to go? They are different brands. I, for example, would rather buy a Vauxhall than an Opel in GT6, but someone in Europe may rather buy the Opel equivalent. I wish people would stop getting the stupid idea into their heads that these kinds of things are "distracting PD" or "holding them up". It's illogical in every way.

I'll be honest: I'm less concerned about having the Opel/Vauxhall in the game than having 46 skylines in the Nissan Dealership. (I counted it when i got bored and i think i counted the GTRs aswell...) I'm not sure if i'm right about the numbers, because i forgot the exact ammount

Or keep both. Why not have both Vauxhall and Opel when the cars are more or less the same? It's an easy thing to do.
The more cars the better, even if the differences are minimal.

I'd have more versions of every car, if I were to decide. Engine options, body options, drivetrain options, left-hand drive, right-hand drive...

What?

There's a prize waiting if your answer makes less sense than this.
:lol: 👍 👍

Nope, I like that idea. Assuming it fits the real life car, i.e pick a V6 or V8 for the Camaro.
Might start a thread on it in the suggestions section. It'd be a really good realistic feature to add in a future title.

Might start a thread on it in the suggestions section. It'd be a really good realistic feature to add in a future title.
I think thats a great idea, we would be able to create racing series with Touring Carish restrictions like for example, 2000ccm 4door ...hp ...kg naturally aspirated (or w/ Turbo) fwd and/or rwd etc. Most manufacturers offer 2Liter Engines in their Sedans, this would make for an evenly matched grid but with many different makes. As the game is right now, it´s very difficult to do that.

Ok, does any of you agree of PD still putting both Vauxhall and Opel? Their car list are exactly the same.

The only thing that changes is the brand. That's it. Same specs, same version, same everything.

I see alot of people complaining that PD puts like 40 skylines and 30 miatas, but i never see people complaining that they put 2 dealerships that have the exact same cars
Why? Why not have Opel with cars like the Ascona, Manta 400, Kadett, GT etc. Vauxhall and Opel need updated on the car list. We've had the same cars since GT3. GT2 even had a better Vauxhall range. I wouldn't say remove but I would say make them have different cars. I've said it for years, even checking the car list before release for any hints in change. I hope they do something about it :/

Why? Why not have Opel with cars like the Ascona, Manta 400, Kadett, GT etc. Vauxhall and Opel need updated on the car list. We've had the same cars since GT3. GT2 even had a better Vauxhall range. I wouldn't say remove but I would say make them have different cars. I've said it for years, even checking the car list before release for any hints in change. I hope they do something about it :/
Could say the same thing the Vauxhall/Opel list does need a little refresh

Where's that meme with the little Mexican girl asking why they can't just get rid of both?

Referring to the Calibra and Astra? I do think adding them was a bit odd, as the cars didn;t exist in real life (in Vauxhall form).

Didn't they run with Vauxhall badging when the DTM visited Donington?

Didn't they run with Vauxhall badging when the DTM visited Donington?
No, because in 1994 when the series was still called DTM they ran Opel badges. They ran the Vauxhall liveries and badges in the 1995 ITC race at Donington (maybe in 1996 aswell). However, the Vauxhall badged Calibras in the races in Britain have nothing to do with the "Vauxhall Calibra Super Touring Car ´94", this car from the game is fictional. They didn´t put Vauxhall badges on the Astras in the later again-called DTM, so those from the game are also fictional.

Last edited:
No, because in 1994 when the series was still called DTM they ran Opel badges. They ran the Vauxhall liveries and badges in the 1995 ITC race at Donington (maybe in 1996 aswell). However, the Vauxhall badged Calibras in the Donington races have nothing to do with the "Vauxhall Calibra Super Touring Car ´94", this car from the game is fictious. They didn´t put Vauxhall badges on the Astras in the later again-called DTM, so those from the game are also fictious.
ITC ran at Silverstone in '96, and the Vauxhall in game is labeled as '94 but is configured in '96 spec.

Instead of getting rid of one of them, we should get some that haven't been around since last decade! :dopey:

ITC ran at Silverstone in '96, and the Vauxhall in game is labeled as '94 but is configured in '96 spec.
It also has a 1994 body. None of this makes it any less fictional, unfortunately. Only thing PD needed to do is model a ´96 body. Or a ´95 one with ´95 specs.

Attachments

• 01_Manuel_Reuter_in_Donington_1995.JPG
    01_Manuel_Reuter_in_Donington_1995.JPG
    81.2 KB · Views: 27
It's really weird what they've done, so weird that I think the power hike was just to make the cars seem different (notice also the track width difference between them), and the the Vauxhall is half '96 by accident.

Why not remove both brands? I know some like Opels and Vauxhall, but more relevant cars IMO would be better.
Then again I'm from the USA. But at the very most 1 car from each brand would be good.

Ok, does any of you agree of PD still putting both Vauxhall and Opel? Their car list are exactly the same.

The only thing that changes is the brand. That's it. Same specs, same version, same everything.

I see alot of people complaining that PD puts like 40 skylines and 30 miatas, but i never see people complaining that they put 2 dealerships that have the exact same cars

There was an entire thread that talked about Opel cars on GT6 where I complained about this...read around and you'll find alot of things you may not think are there.

No, they are not the same vehicles. Opel Speedster is badged as Vauxhall VX220, Opel Corsa has been badged as Vauxhall Nova, so Vauxhall cars SHOULD STAY ON GT!

Back