On Tuning Suspension & LSD, Should you start at top or bottom, I have heard both ways, kind of new at tuning!

• Thread starter Vt 500
  • 2 comments
I like to try the car stock first, well, stock after you buy the fully adjustable parts.
You will know instantly how bad or good the car is.
Put camber and toe to zero for now.
First tackle under or oversteer.
Usually set the ride height to the middle to start.
Then try basic settings for lsd.
On MR and FR for example, I usually START at 10/15/15.
It never stays there, but starting there you can bump up and down according to how it handles testing.
Then AFTER you have a decent LSD set, then I play with the rest of the suspension.

So to answer your question, I kind of jump back and forth. But priority in the beginning is to find the roundabout LSD. You might still change it a little later, but need to find that base the "car wants".

Hope that helps.
There is no wrong answer. Everyone tackles things differently, usually ends up pretty close in the end though.

I like to try the car stock first, well, stock after you buy the fully adjustable parts.
You will know instantly how bad or good the car is.
Put camber and toe to zero for now.
First tackle under or oversteer.
Usually set the ride height to the middle to start.
Then try basic settings for lsd.
On MR and FR for example, I usually START at 10/15/15.
It never stays there, but starting there you can bump up and down according to how it handles testing.
Then AFTER you have a decent LSD set, then I play with the rest of the suspension.

So to answer your question, I kind of jump back and forth. But priority in the beginning is to find the roundabout LSD. You might still change it a little later, but need to find that base the "car wants".

Hope that helps.
There is no wrong answer. Everyone tackles things differently, usually ends up pretty close in the end though.
Thanks for feedback, Yes the LSD is very Important to get a happy medium than after suspension is good, then tweek LSD to the person's driving style, being on a controller is more of a challenge, but it has it's rewards as well- :gtpflag:

Back