Once again, cars that you don't want in GTHD

1. No trucks/SUVs, except the "sport trucks" like the Xtreme and Lightning. Trucks are never seen in any racing league other than Baja racing and Craftsman Truck Series, and even then they're heavily modified. Whoever said that Gran Turismo is a "driving game" has it totally wrong. It is a racing game that uses everyday cars, rather than just racecars. There is no known origin as to the "Driving Simulator" part. If you want a "driving game", buy Midtown Madness.

2. No vans at all, except the Renault Espace F1. No stock vans like the Odyssey. Ridiculous.

3. No antiques, and by that I mean horseless carriages. Cars that cannot even attain sixty miles per hour should not be in a racing game. Also, "antique" is not a bad term for something. Antique does not equal antiquated. I just don't want cars that will do one lap per hour, thank you. I will allow early twentieth century racecars, as well as 20s-30s cars, but no Model T or Motorwagen.

4. Tuner cars limited to one per vehicle. Having different tuners means nothing to me. They all look and perform the same in my opinon.

5. No replicas. Why bother? These are just digital reproductions anyway. Why have a digital reproduction of a reproduction?

6. Hot rods are allowed only if the stock versions are provided. They basically will be a substitute for the lack of a tuner edition.

^ Um, I have a question to that: :confused:

1. No trucks/SUVs, except the "sport trucks" like the Xtreme and Lightning. Trucks are never seen in any racing league other than Baja racing and Craftsman Truck Series, and even then they're heavily modified. Whoever said that Gran Turismo is a "driving game" has it totally wrong. It is a racing game that uses everyday cars, rather than just racecars. There is no known origin as to the "Driving Simulator" part. If you want a "driving game", buy Midtown Madness.

-> You're a little too late for that, look at GT2 first. :dunce:

2. No vans at all. Never have any vans been raced. I won't even allow the Renault Espace F1. Vans look ridiculous on a racetrack. They're too big.

-> Is that the only reason why you don't like vans? :odd:

3. No antiques, and by that I mean horseless carriages. Cars that cannot even attain sixty miles per hour should not be in a racing game. Also, "antique" is not a bad term for something. Antique does not equal antiquated. I just don't want cars that will do one lap per hour, thank you.

-> They're just there just to commemorate the history of cars as Yamauchi-san insists. :)

4. Tuner cars limited to one per vehicle. Having different tuners means nothing to me. They all look and perform the same in my opinon.

-> Um, you don't think the Amuse S2000 R1 Titan, and the Amuse S2000 GT-1 performs the same, do you? :dopey:

5. No replicas. Why bother? These are just digital reproductions anyway. Why have a digital reproduction of a reproduction?

-> So the Superformance Cobra Replicas are digital reproductions? :lol:

6. No hot rods, unless you are planning on having the stock version as well.

-> Is there a stock version of this beauty? :boggled:

Foose Stallion
img_5954_std.jpg

-> If you don't like the variety of cars that made Gran Turismo a Gran Turismo. Then look elsewhere (like PGR, NFS, etc.). :indiff:

I wouldn't say any car has no place in gran turismo. Frankly I think it's rediculous to wish them not to include a certain car. Sure I might prefer sometihng else but someone else would prefer something else to what I'd prefer and so on and so on. Gran Turismo is a racing game, but it's catch is that it let's you race (in theory at least) as diverse a selection of automobiles as possible. I'd love the Espace F1 to return, I'd like the Supervan to be included too, I don't mind seeing trucks in GT:HD, they arn't my fave type of car by a long shot but I appreciate the fact some people will enjoy them a lot.

What a counter-producent thread.

Man. If no vans have ever raced, let WE make the necessary racing modifications and race with them.

Online.

Fun enough for me. Honda STEP League with little squared monsters reaching 216cv.

ClassicAnycar should look into a game other then Gran Turismo because everything he doesnt like will still find its way into the game. Oh, and if you dont like vans racing because "they're too big"? Then what the people that race semi trucks? They could be considered ridiculous on the track and are a lot bigger than any van.

2. No vans at all. Never have any vans been raced. I won't even allow the Renault Espace F1. Vans look ridiculous on a racetrack. They're too big.

Well I can blow that one straight out of the water.

Top Gear held a people carrier race (with Espace's included), so its quite clear they have raced.

It may have only been once, but as the drivers were mainly drivers from the British Touring Car Championship it certainly was interesting to least.

Have you ever seen footage of the Espace F1 running on a track? I can most certainly tell you it looks far from ridiculous, it actually looks bloody great and sounds amazing as well.

Whoever said that Gran Turismo is a "driving game" has it totally wrong. It is a racing game that uses everyday cars, rather than just racecars. There is no known origin as to the "Driving Simulator" part.
That would make PD and Kaz totally wrong then, given that the (well known) origin of the 'Driving Simulator' part is the tag line on the packaging of every GT game released.

I also have to ask exactly what qualifies you to not 'allow' any specific car or group of cars to be included?

For every car you dislike and don't want to see in any racing game, you will find hundreds of people who want them included.

If you don't like a certain car then don't drive it, or better still ditch the prejudice and actually try a few, you never know you might be pleasantly surprised. In the worst case, you will simply dislike the drive and not use the car again, but to say that a car(s) should be excluded from a game simply based on your personal taste is quite frankly just a little bit selfish.

Regards

Scaff

GTP Members that make me glad that they don't work for Polyphony Digital:

1. Classic Anycar

So very wrong, you are.

Gran Turismo features these "pointless" vehicles because these vehicles are what make the slogan, "The Ultimate Driving Simulator."

Ultimate refers to sheer amount of vehicles with incredible diversity that you may have never heard of. The Nissan Skyline has a lot to thank to Gran Turismo as it was what made it so very famous in the U.S.

Racing IS Driving. You're driving a race car or you're driving a car in a race. Racing is a category under driving. Racing is only in the game to serve as a plot or point of the game. No one (well, most folks), wants to just select a car and then drive it on a track somewhere. It needs racing as a plot so that you feel you have an objective with whatever vehicle.
In short terms, you are driving with a purpose.

Simulator...well, let's just say it just mimics the basics of simulators.

You like many others are confused by how the slogan goes, and what it means. However, you just choose to misunderstand it in a completely, and strangely, different form.

Not racing?...take a midget and "race" in a 200 point A-spec race and tell me that its not real racing. It teaches you everything about the perfect line through a corner. Breaking, corner speed...ya know...things you wouldn't think about if you made a mistake with a race car that would allow you to get back in the game.

Alright, I'll accept any vehicle with a car chassis for asphalt tracks.

However, there should be a limit on trucks. Trucks can be restrcted to dirt tracks, where they belong, except sport trucks which can drive on asphalt.

I don't know about fullsize vans just yet.

As for multiple tuners, here's my idea:

1. Buy the stock version, completely unmodified.
2. Either A) modify it yourself or B) go to the tuner yard and have them perform "the worx" on your car, choosing from a large selection of tuners. Basically, tuners would be an aftermarket upgrade instead of a ready-for-purchase car.

Finally, I've come up with yet another idea you'll like.

The return of the racing modification, and this time it's for real. You get a real racing version from a real league, not just ready-to-race, but upgraded to an actual racecar used in professional leagues.

Oh, this should be easy... VERY easy. Don't want the given car? Don't buy it. Simple as that. You're not forced to buy all the cars just so you can complete your collection. And just because you don't want to see it in the game doesn't mean everyone else should follow suit. People have what intereests them in regards to this (let's face it) GT5 Prologue. And if you want a variety of cars in which games can still be fun, play Enthusia. This is your chance to build the GT you want to build until the next big GT game is made. Take full advantage of this opportunity. This thread isn't going to last much longer if everyone else agrees with me.

And as far as cars I don't want to see in GTHD, I'm not PD. I don't work for PD. I don't know what official list of GTHD cars will be featured. So I cannot comment. Plus, did I mention that this thread may not last very long?

Alright, I'll accept any vehicle with a car chassis for asphalt tracks.

However, there should be a limit on trucks. Trucks can be restrcted to dirt tracks, where they belong, except sport trucks which can drive on asphalt.
And why exactly should the location a truck is to be driven be determined in this manner by you?

If you can drive it on a track you should be able to, you can take any road legal car you want to the Nurburgring and drive around it, so why should any truck be restricted from the track?

You seem to be arguing that your own wants and desires be imposed on other people.

A game already exists in which vehicles are limited to certain tracks, its TRD3, and while it is a fun game, the fact that it goes not allow me to run a Caterham (or anything I want) around my local track (Castle Combe) is very frustrating. What you are demanding is simply a version of this kind of limitation, and I see no reason for it.

I don't know about fullsize vans just yet.
What don't you know about them?

As for multiple tuners, here's my idea:

1. Buy the stock version, completely unmodified.
2. Either A) modify it yourself or B) go to the tuner yard and have them perform "the worx" on your car, choosing from a large selection of tuners. Basically, tuners would be an aftermarket upgrade instead of a ready-for-purchase car.
As tuners do sell complete ready-for-purchase vehicles in the real world then why should I not be able to do the same. The Mines Skyline and Evo were 'off the shelf' cars, you cold by them directly from Mines.

Regards

Scaff

i don't want 100 models of the same car in gt5, like the Skyline in gt4

Classic Anycar

i don't see a problem with utes, they're good fun to drive, and it is a "Driving game"

Classic Anycar

no bigger than a drag racing car, infact some are no bigger than an average Station Wagon

Classic Anycar
3. No antiques, and by that I mean horseless carriages. Cars that cannot even attain sixty miles per hour should not be in a racing game. Also, "antique" is not a bad term for something. Antique does not equal antiquated. I just don't want cars that will do one lap per hour, thank you.

i love slow cars, they're heaps fun to drive, the Subaru 360 can't reach 60mph (it might if you extend the gears) but it's still fun to drive, and it's good to have slow races here and there

Classic Anycar

yes, that's true, but i don't see a problem with it

Yes, Classic Anycar, you certainly got a flaming, didn't you!

I think that maybe you were only trying to express an opinion, which is OK by me. But I don't agree with you.

Especially about the older cars. Let's have some "blower" Bentleys, or some of those supercharged Auburns and Deusenburgs from the 1930's. I like Nissan GTRs (for example), but I'd prefer fewer of them, and more of the historical aspect to the game. I'd even like to get my hands on the model T!

Vans look ridiculous on a racetrack. They're too big.

Yes, Bernie. You'd certainly never see anything that size, or, heaven forfend, bigger, on a race track - and absolutely not in any kind of international organised series, fully accredited by the FIA.

Nosiree.

willkommen_logo.jpg

b5.jpg

Personally i think wishing for cars/vehicles not to be in a game like this is just ... stupid (sorry). If you don't want a big variety of cars like there are in GT, then buy another game. Its as simple as that.

GT makes use of most of the cars other developers leave out - thats what makes it such a great series.

Also, i'm a Skylineoholic and there are still HEAPS of Skylines not in Gran Turismo which i want to see (like a four door, automatic R32 GTS-4 without a rear spoiler - and with a working front spoiler like mine also has).

I am one of the bigger existing fans of the game... I just have to say that the only reason i have bought PS2 and the only reason i will buy PS3 is for playing the SO amazing-fabulus-beautyful-awesome-extraordinary GT series games.
So , the most important reason I like the game so much is ,apart of the unique driving realism, the variety of vehicles that appear in it.It is the uniqueness of the game , it is the point in it!
I love to be able to drive (yes,drive!!-why only race?) every car i can think of , from trying to compete in a 200 points race with a 60 hp car to trying to drive a 6-meter muscle car at the narrow pavement alleys of citta di aria.I would like the game to have as many cars as possible.. I would also like to see more antiques-i love antiques- from the best car in the world (Citroen DS-how would the hydropneumatic suspension feel in the game??) to the noble Rolls Royce Silver Shadow and the rare Panhard cars and the powerful Jaguar antiques
as well as the beautyful morgan classic cars.....the list has no end!
It is simple : if you want a game that focuses on racing ONLY and not in overall driving experience then this is not your game .You can play toca race driver (in it , you will see why vans and trucks DO actually race) or the so many stupid "racing" games like project gotham racing or the nfs series where a ford sedan cop car chases you with 300km/h while you are in your Murcielago , or a tuned 106 goes side to side with the tuned skyline's and 350 Z's (how ridiculus like a hollywood movie!!!) - no thanks! this is gran turismo world!(I apologise for the word stupid 'cause these games may actually be pretty fun to play!)
As for the tuners , you have a point cause if you buy a stock car and tune it up in HKS it has no difference than if you had tuned it in BLitz. But the different tuned versions of the same car are fabulus!It would also be nice if you could go and set-up your car on a dyno an re-map the ECU yourself but this would be extremely difficult..nyways
Trying to drive a truck in a racing cicuit would be fun too!!
I am glad that the polyphony digital team and mr. Yamauchi are not going to take your want's into account.
And this is not a personal offence , it is only that if they built their next game like you wanted, they would let their fans down , including me!
P.S. The sign reads "Gran Turismo , the real driving simulator" (driving , not racing)

I make it short:
Less cars with 100 hp or less.

I have no use for them, you cant really race them and they only use space for the real racing cars.

what is the point in not including a car. it would be like saying you would rather not have a certain type of cereal available at a supermarket. what is the point?:dunce:

OT-> I thinks that this thread will be going in circles. :indiff:

offtopichurrithread7pd.jpg

BT-> As what that the majority here on this thread goes, you just can't say "I don't want this car and this car" , it's completely pointless! Here's a simple answer, don't like it, then don't drive/race/buy it. :dunce:

seriously. even if you hate a certain type of car for some reason, then you just dont have to drive it. you arent forced to eat count chocolate just because it is in the isle. by the cheerios if it pleases you.

TRUCKS

Trucks can be limited to either off road racing or trucks only racing, unless they are a sport truck. Then they can go in any asphalt race. I don't want to see cars and trucks in an asphalt race at the same time. No Durango vs Skyline.

VANS

I have no opinion on fullsize vans just yet.

TUNERS

What I mean is you can exchange the stock version for a tuned version or a racing version. For example, you can exchange the Mustang for either a Foose Mustang or a Grand Am Mustang.

I make it short:
Less cars with 100 hp or less.

I have no use for them, you cant really race them and they only use space for the real racing cars.
You may not, but others WILL. Just don't buy them. 👍

TRUCKS

Trucks can be limited to either off road racing or trucks only racing, unless they are a sport truck. Then they can go in any asphalt race. I don't want to see cars and trucks in an asphalt race at the same time. No Durango vs Skyline.
Besides the fact that 'sports' "trucks" aren't the only ones to go on racetracks, WHY only have them on dirt tracks? One of the (very small mind you) bad points of the GT series is that not every car can be driven on every surface. In GT4 i actually liked competing against a huge great big "truck" in my S2000 or Skyline.

In real life, if you want to drive your TVR on the gravel road - you'd just do it! Having cars restricted to a certain type of surface is just as bad/unrealistic as wishing for vehicles to not appear in a GT game. Okay, it is just your opinion but i very strongly oppose it and can't make sense of it. :dunce:

And yes, this topic is going around in circles, people know how i feel about it now so thats it for me.

Just like Gabkicks says, why would you not want cars in the game? Do you think you are going to be forced to use them? Just get used to the fact that there will be cars in the game you don't want and move on to another topic to complain about.

Back