Once again, cars that you don't want in GTHD

Alright, I'll accept any vehicle with a car chassis for asphalt tracks.

However, there should be a limit on trucks. Trucks can be restrcted to dirt tracks, where they belong, except sport trucks which can drive on asphalt.

You do realize those trucks that run on the Baja and the likes are much faster on flat roads than bumpy dirt roads.

I should point out the SCCA used to run a sport truck racing series in conjunction with IMSA Camel GT races, racing on modified street courses and road courses, and using light pickups like the Dodge Ram 50, Mitsubishi Mighty Max, Nissan Hardbody, Chevy S10, Ford Ranger, and Mazda B-Series.

It obviously didn't last very long nor was it hugely popular, but it was something fun to watch, and just as good a racing as any other SCCA stock-modified series.

TRUCKS

Trucks can be limited to either off road racing or trucks only racing, unless they are a sport truck. Then they can go in any asphalt race. I don't want to see cars and trucks in an asphalt race at the same time. No Durango vs Skyline.
And once again I ask why?

Aside from your own personal opinion on what should or should not be included/allowed, I don't see a constructive point being made by you as to why you hold this opinion.

How about rather than just stating what you want to happen you explain why.

VANS

I have no opinion on fullsize vans just yet.
So you posted to tell us that you have no opinion on a subject, in which case why tell us?

Form an opinion and explain it, don't simply tell us you have nothing to say.

TUNERS

What I mean is you can exchange the stock version for a tuned version or a racing version. For example, you can exchange the Mustang for either a Foose Mustang or a Grand Am Mustang.
No problem with that, but it still does not explain why you think we should not be able to just buy a ready made tuners car. After all if you have the money in the real world you can do just that, so why should we not be able to in GTHD?

So far all you have posted is statements of desire (and ones that most people do not agree with), simply re-posting the same, or very similar, points repeatedly is not going to sway anyone's opinion. Rather its going to result in the thread being locked as pointless.

You obviously hold these opinions for a reason, so let us know them. Either that or you can continue in the same way and I will lock the thread.

Regards

Scaff

I want to drive everything, There were several cars in GT4 worth driving just to hear there distinctive engine sounds and to see how they handle, I don't want to lessen the amount of cars ever! Since GT1 I didn't want PD to ever take away any cars, I think just adding to the car list would move more towards satisfying everyone...

what is the point in not including a car. it would be like saying you would rather not have a certain type of cereal available at a supermarket. what is the point?:dunce:

Cars you dont want take a lot of space.....space that would be better filled cars you want.💡

So this thread makes sense to me.

BTW less flaming, more constructive posts.:scared:

Cars you dont want take a lot of space.....space that would be better filled cars you want.💡

You've made a feeble attempt to validate the exclusion of certain cars, here, but failed just as horribly, because it still comes down to personal opinion -- notice you said "better filled with cars you want"...

Unless GT5 has every single car and truck and other type of vehicle ever produced in the history of mankind, not everyone is going to be happy, so there's no point in arguing over whether or not any cars should be excluded. By all means, every single one of us should be hoping for as many cars as possible, because that makes it more likely that more of our favorites will be included.

To argue otherwise is pointless.

So this thread makes sense to me.

BTW less flaming, more constructive posts.:scared:
A car is only 1KB Fully modified, Theres a lot of hidden cars in the game we never see, Well! Some of you never see,-) So if it was a space issue this would not be, Cars you don't want makes absolutely no sense.......... And how about a real reason you don't want them?

Unless GT5 has every single car and truck and other type of vehicle ever produced in the history of mankind
no[/b] point in arguing over whether or not any cars should be excluded. By all means, every single one of us should be hoping for as many cars as possible, because that makes it more likely that more of our favorites will be included.

To argue otherwise is pointless.

Words....👍

This is a dumb deal because just because you don't want them doesn't mean everyone else should follow suit. Think about it like this. You're in a music store. You love a certain style of music regardless of whomever produces the music of your favorite genre. Let's say you want to purchase as many CDs as possible featuring music from your favorite genre of music. If somehow you see a CD from an artist/group you don't like, don't you want to get as many of everyone else and leave that other artist/group behind? The constant is that you love music and went into a music store to get music. The variable is whatever content you like or don't like. Where I'm getting at is that this broad collection of vehicles only gets better rather than worse. See, this isn't a classical case of "addition by subtraction." This is "addition by addition." This is NOT... repeating... NOT the next GT. It's basically an incomplete GT made complete with cars and tracks you want to use. Want to take up all the Ferraris and pick up only interesting race tracks? You can do that. Dislike "econoboxes" and want an all-muscle car game? You can do that too. But who is to say that there are cars PD should completely avoid putting in (granted they aren't commercial vehicles, vehicles used by the government, or military craft)? This is a GT that will be constantly updated with new material for you to check out. You don't need to have every last car. It would cost too much to take in everything, and you probably will only use 20 to 25 percent of the machines involved. Save yourself money an effort by only picking out stuff you want to use. We don't care what kind of vehicles you want to use or what tracks you want to race on. What matters is that you have all the tracks you need until more material becomes available. It's an evolving GT for those who have the hardware to make it happen. Cars have been most important to the GT series, and eliminating them only kills the game for what it is.

Personally, I liked the variety of cars in Gran Turismo 4. The slow cars were also fun to drive and each had their own unique character too. I would like to see the Toyota Estima on the series though, especially the older ones. They were truly fabulous vans.

I want to drive everything, There were several cars in GT4 worth driving just to hear there distinctive engine sounds and to see how they handle, I don't want to lessen the amount of cars ever! Since GT1 I didn't want PD to ever take away any cars, I think just adding to the car list would move more towards satisfying everyone...

-> I do strongly agree with you with that, but unfortunately, PD made its deduction of its cars since GT2. I really do miss Vector; Venturi; Some past-gen Mustang GT's; Mazda's Demio, Mazdaspeed's RX-7 GTC, Miata A, B, and C-spec; BMW 318ti, 740i, and 540i; and the old-Mini 1.3 S and its Monte Carlo Rallycar, etc. :(

Personally, I liked the variety of cars in Gran Turismo 4. The slow cars were also fun to drive and each had their own unique character too. I would like to see the Toyota Estima on the series though, especially the older ones. They were truly fabulous vans.

^ I agree I can't wait to see these vans in GT5/GTHD:

2163.jpg

2169.jpg

-> And I really do like to see this minivan back from GT2:

renault-espacef101.jpg

(:

Just like Gabkicks says, why would you not want cars in the game? Do you think you are going to be forced to use them? Just get used to the fact that there will be cars in the game you don't want and move on to another topic to complain about.

Yes we are forced to use a lot of slow cars, less then 300 hp in the manufactor races and some others. That is if you want 100 percent completion in Sim Mode. To me though I would much rather have as many cars as possible. 100% completion is not my main objective and really does not mean much to me. What they do need to try to achieve in any GT game is to maximize the use of the cars. What I mean is provide race event at all different levels that say at least more then 75% of the vehicles can be used. HP limits to me makes the most practible sence, please remove the country limit restrictions. Family Cup mode is okay, but for heavens sake they should of gave us ability to set no. or laps or have say quick race 2 - 5 laps, average 5 - 15, medium 15-25, long 25-50 laps.
Either way you look at it the race experience in GT4 revamp for PS3 will be totaly differnt since you will be up against as many as 20 plus cars. My main point is they need to optimize the race events and go to great efforts to have races established to make use of just about each and every car that is included in the game.

-> I do strongly agree with you with that, but unfortunately, PD made its deduction of its cars since GT2. I really do miss Vector; Venturi; Some past-gen Mustang GT's; Mazda's Demio, Mazdaspeed's RX-7 GTC, Miata A, B, and C-spec; BMW 318ti, 740i, and 540i; and the old-Mini 1.3 S and its Monte Carlo Rallycar, etc. :(

To continue; R32 Skyline GTS-4, other RUF's, other TVR's, other Aston Martin's, Tommy Kaira's and heaps more.

What the piont in starting a thread like this because whatever pd puts in gt5 it will be there. You can't do anything about it. Oh and another thing in gt4 there is a honda odessy(sorry if its wrong spelling) and its not ever a racer. So the Escape F-1 being in any gt games is fine.

I am one of the bigger existing fans of the game... I just have to say that the only reason i have bought PS2 and the only reason i will buy PS3 is for playing the SO amazing-fabulus-beautyful-awesome-extraordinary GT series games.
So , the most important reason I like the game so much is ,apart of the unique driving realism, the variety of vehicles that appear in it.It is the uniqueness of the game , it is the point in it!
I love to be able to drive (yes,drive!!-why only race?) every car i can think of , from trying to compete in a 200 points race with a 60 hp car to trying to drive a 6-meter muscle car at the narrow pavement alleys of citta di aria.I would like the game to have as many cars as possible.. I would also like to see more antiques-i love antiques- from the best car in the world (Citroen DS-how would the hydropneumatic suspension feel in the game??) to the noble Rolls Royce Silver Shadow and the rare Panhard cars and the powerful Jaguar antiques
as well as the beautyful morgan classic cars.....the list has no end!
It is simple : if you want a game that focuses on racing ONLY and not in overall driving experience then this is not your game .You can play toca race driver (in it , you will see why vans and trucks DO actually race) or the so many stupid "racing" games like project gotham racing or the nfs series where a ford sedan cop car chases you with 300km/h while you are in your Murcielago , or a tuned 106 goes side to side with the tuned skyline's and 350 Z's (how ridiculus like a hollywood movie!!!) - no thanks! this is gran turismo world!(I apologise for the word stupid 'cause these games may actually be pretty fun to play!)
As for the tuners , you have a point cause if you buy a stock car and tune it up in HKS it has no difference than if you had tuned it in BLitz. But the different tuned versions of the same car are fabulus!It would also be nice if you could go and set-up your car on a dyno an re-map the ECU yourself but this would be extremely difficult..nyways
Trying to drive a truck in a racing cicuit would be fun too!!
I am glad that the polyphony digital team and mr. Yamauchi are not going to take your want's into account.
And this is not a personal offence , it is only that if they built their next game like you wanted, they would let their fans down , including me!
I would like GTHD to have as many cars as possible (5000 would be nice) and be richer and bigger than ever with more gt-developed circuits and even more real one's,more tuning options (no neon lights or ICE - gipsy stuff) with original stock and racing bodykits,more rim designs (you have to be able to choose the diameter!) more brake types, and a lot of real aftermarket parts with different race-truck behaviour f.e. : fitting bigger calipers should make the wheels block easier but reduce brake distance - so you would have to be more careful when braking or it should have real part names from the big tuner's like HKS hyper single clutch f.e. and , some details should become more realistic - i don't think that an E-type had ASM and TCS system fitted as a standard? lol or that a 90's Honda CRX could reach a speed of 350 km/h without flying in the air...
The game should also include drag races , not with drag cars - because they are no-name - but with tuned , real cars drag modified - who has forgotten the 450km/h-boasting , non-turning HKS drag 180SX??

I will never end my wishlist so i stop here!!
All you GT lovers keep up the community!!
Thank you,
Anyone with me raise their hand...

P.S.1 The sign reads "Gran Turismo , the real driving simulator" (driving , not racing)
P.S.2 Ferrari in GT!!!!YESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!:dopey: :dopey: :dopey: :dopey: :dopey: :dopey: :dopey: :dopey:
More RUF's please , mr Yamauchi , if you can't include the original Porsche's -just think of an original 911 RS-(have you seen the brand new RUF RK coupe?👍 )
And why did u leave out the vector (how ugly) and the venturi's ? what about the Espace F1? We wan'em back!

I know I'm not adding much to this thread, but not including anything is riduclous. If it's available, toss it in. I don't care if it's a base-level SsangYong Rodius or a Daewoo Matiz. Scan it, record it, and put it on the disc. Let me be the judge of what's worthy of my time or not.

The only thing don't want are the same dozen-or-so R34 Skylines, and then PD says they couldn't include old Mustangs (or Venturi, or whatever) because "they ran out of time".

The only thing don't want are the same dozen-or-so R34 Skylines, and then PD says they couldn't include old Mustangs (or Venturi, or whatever) because "they ran out of time".

It is likely pretty safe to say that similar looking versions of any car in the game may just be a copy and paste affair with a couple of changes - not all that time consuming.

It is likely pretty safe to say that similar looking versions of any car in the game may just be a copy and paste affair with a couple of changes - not all that time consuming.

Yeah. Really, the only valid complaint when it comes to those copy-and-paste cars is that it was only done to boost the number of cars that PD could brag about on the back of the box. The real number should have been closer to 450-500.

-> Mulitiple Skyline's, Impreza's, Lancer's, Mustang's, Camaro's, Corvette's, Commodore's, Falcon's, 3-Series, 911's, etc. bring 'em all on, I don't care if they have 100 versions of each of these cars. Vans, trucks, and pickups join the party too! As long as my dream of 10,000 cars/trucks/vans/SUV in a GT game has been fullfilled. (:

Why do I even bring up these things?

I guess I'll resort once again to my compromise: customized games.

You chose what you want in your game. If you want trucks, have at it. If not, don't get them.

10,000 is a lot of cars, Did you actually mean that many?

^ In total, yes. Call me stupid, but thats the way I would like PD to do. Thats why I'm at the wishlist thread all the time! In fact, German Muscle's wishlist ver. 3 peaked at 6100+ cars (even with all Ferrari's, LamPorMas, Skyline's, Mustang's, etc.), I bet that the ver. 4 (in progress) will reach 7K. And still its not enough in my opinion (I've contributed more than 1500 cars [4000 in total since GT3/GT4/GT5 wishlists combined]on that thread). (:

No, I'm not calling names, I just wanted to be sure! I'd like to see plenty of old porches, Mazda's, Lotus, Ferrari etc.... I mis the old muscle cars and there screaming engine sounds, Back then most of them sported Mikuni or Webber Dual to Triple Side and Top draft carbuerators, They were real screamers and I'd like to here some of that!-)

^ I'm just make fun on myself, so no need to worry. (:

-> I'm with you, PD has to refine the engine sounds on GTHD/GT5. I'm kinda tired of the same old sound since GT1. :indiff:

You've made a feeble attempt to validate the exclusion of certain cars, here, but failed just as horribly, because it still comes down to personal opinion -- notice you said "better filled with cars you want"...

But the thread says ''cars that you don't want in GTHD''. :sly:

Back