Once again, cars that you don't want in GTHD

Why do I even bring up these things?

I guess I'll resort once again to my compromise: customized games.

You chose what you want in your game. If you want trucks, have at it. If not, don't get them.

Which, of course, is exactly what PD are doing with GTHD.

^ Um, you mean these?

ev1_cruising4.jpg

bombardier.jpg

^ For larger tracks, I agree. But on future GT? No, EV's deserve to be on GT, but only limited to small to medium sized tracks.

-> Why do we have to continue this, there is no point to keep this thread going. :indiff:

I say any car pd can think of is welcome as long as you can race them and not just drive them around and take photos of them.
^
I completely agree with you!

I want every single car PD can put in GT!! I want to race them all with huge turbos!!! :dopey:

I'm not going to post any cars I don't want in this thread. I just wanted to touch up on what Famine said earlier. This is the concept of building your own GT. All the media types and such are just outraged about having to pay lots of money just to have every available car in GTHD. Therein lies the problem- YOU DON'T HAVE TO GET THAT CAR IF YOU DON'T WANT IT! This has been the solution to all of this. So if you see a car that PD made that you don't want- don't buy it. Do you go to a music store and purchase all the CDs in the store considering that there are some songs and artists you may not like? Don't people normally go to a music store and purchase only the music they want to own? Cars in GTHD can range from a Fiat 500L (have you all seen the newer Fiat Nuova 500?) all the way to a Ferrari Enzo. It can be cars you love and cars you hate. For example, I hate the DeLorean DMC-12 (as with most of the '80s fandom). Go ahead and hate me because I hate a car 60% (generalization) of the world loves. But I'd have no problem if it was included in GTHD. At least lovers of a certain car can get it to go onto their shiny PS3 consoles to go OWN the kid down the street.

And yes. Even I said there was really no point in this thread going on long ago. But as long as people will bump up discussions no one cares about or thinks is stupid, then we're force fed this stuff like giving a baby some Gerber food he/she hates.

Whoever said that Gran Turismo is a "driving game" has it totally wrong. It is a racing game that uses everyday cars, rather than just racecars.

Kazunori Yamauchi is wrong about the game he developed the concept for and has complete control over? Wow...well hopefully he'll consult you before he goes and makes another crazy game that he calls a "driving game"!

There is no known origin as to the "Driving Simulator" part.

It's right on the front of the box.
Gran_Turismo_4.jpg

Right below where it says "Gran Turismo 4", if you'll look closely there's some sort of marking. Now, over here in Americaland, we actually have the ability to decipher these markings, and believe it or not, they are roughly translated as "The real driving simulator", which is eerily similar to the phrase "Driving Simulator" for which you claim there are no origins. You really should warn Kaz before he makes the same mistake again.

As for my opinions, as long as the graphics, physics, and track count are up to par (I don't really care much about the AI, but that would be a plus), they can put whatever cars in it they want. If they want to put an amphibious vehicle in, or even a battleship that just sits on the starting line the entire race, I don't care. They designed it, they put in the effort, they paid for it (until I pay for it), and they have the right to put in whatever cars they want. What I care about is what cars ARE in it. As long as the cars I want are in it, I don't care what else is there. I've driven less than half the cars in GT4, but I've driven more than half of the "strange" cars that you don't want in there. Why? Because there are plenty of normal cars that I don't care about, but very few "strange" cars that I don't care about, so I'll drive the strange ones first.

If you decide a Skyline doesn't belong in GT:HD because it's overweight, shares the same driveline concept with "off-road" vehicles, and is too large for a 2-door, does that mean it shouldn't be in the game? I wouldn't miss it, but a lot of people would. I don't even understand the point of this thread.

The only possible logic i see to this thread is if PD can only deliver a much small selection of cars for GTHD, if so what "Types" cars should they make their priority and which cars really should be left till later say GT5 perhaps.

Given that PD are spending any where in the region of 6 months to make one GTHD premium car, i think its a pretty reasonable assumtion that the number of cars on offer will be less than we a currently used to with previous GT games.

So what types of cars should PD put at the top of their "to do" list ??? , and which types of cars should PD avoid ???

Again given that it take 6 months or so to build the cars for GTHD, i would personally much rather PD build a Bugatti veyron than spend 6 months on a Mazda Demio ;)

lets hyperthetically imagine there are only going to be 100 cars in GTHD, I would rather see a more diverse selection of populare vehicles on offer out of that 100 vehicles, than say 5% - 10% being skylines or frikkin nissan almeras, mazda Demios, or Ford KA's. :yuck:

So i would say leave out the shopping cars, and spend the time makeing populare performance cars.

As quite fankly i would rather have this 👍 >>>
ferrari-575-gtc-1598.jpg

.....than this 👎 >>>
smart_car.png

How's this for a thought? Car preferences could be looked at differently now that we will have on-line races. How much fun would it be to take a 30 hp midget with 12 other nuts bumping and fighting to keep every single bit of momentum? This would make the art if the "draft" much more prominent. The pure entertainment of that might make these slow seaming useless cars much more worthy. Would this idea affect how you think of low hp cars?

.....than this 👎 >>>
smart_car.png

^ What!? I'd really like to drive any Smart cars especially the Brabus Version. I like to see how the regular Smart Fortwo {54hp} stacks up against those Japanese (ie. Suzuki Wagon R), European (ie. Fiat Panda), and Korean (ie. Daewoo Matiz) K-Cars. (:

i figure its easier just to make all the cars possible available to the players....if you dont want it dont buy it...if you win it..(god forbid)....sell the damn thing its really that simple...i mean its plausible that he is saying If you dont have these certain cars in which he dislikes...there may be a little more room for cars of higher quality, performance, or visually attractive...but still thats no reason to assume that PD dont already realise this...d'uh:dopey:

I really do think if they do put in minivans, then they should be limited to their own class of racing, whereas in GT4, you can race a minivan in a race versus normal cars, sometimes beating them. I think shouldn't get rid of any other cars becuase then it doesn't go through the history and evolution of cars through the actual history. They should add a few types of cars like Crossovers. Also there should be more tuner cars, not just the ones they included.

I am not really bothered if there are a load of weird or annoying cars. I choose not to buy them or drive them. It is annoying when I am forced to buy them to complete certain events but at the end of the day it helps prolong the life span of the game. I would certainly like to less skylines not because i dislike them but because they really clog up the used car lot with 50 different types of what is fundamentally the same car when it would be time better spent making more European and American cars.

Back