One Make Races - Japan

• Thread starter daan
  • 148 comments
OA, the problem you mention is common and important, but it doesn't apply here. The Copen refuses to wear because the peak of its powerband is so far off of the redline. jbrennen, you will probably need to buy a new Copen, and you should set the gears so that the car stays at approximmately 500 RPM below the start of the redline. That should work, and please tell me if it doesn't. 👍

Austin, thank you for my correction there. Being a PAL user does have it's benefit's sometimes :) and sometimes it doesn't.
This must be one of those times, as I don't really recall having a problem wearing out the Copen.

Yeah, it seems like perhaps it's more important to run the engine near max power output rather than near redline? (On a lot of cars, those are pretty close to each other, but on the Copen, not even close.) In any case, there are numerous complaints of folks who just can't get the Copen to fully wear out on the NTSC version -- and I'm now one of them. :)

Solved my Copen problems with wearing it down. I found a transmission setting that had the car right on 6000 RPM (power peak) at top speed with B-Spec Bob driving. It was easiest to do this by actually having the car run in 4th gear at top speed rather than 5th; that way you can easily get enough separation between 3rd and 4th gears that Bob will stay in 4th gear, while still having enough power to push past redline in 3rd (so that he actually does get to 4th during the initial acceleration run).

With the car totally worn down, and using the settings I posted on page 1 of this thread, I took all 3 Copen races -- Tsukuba and Autumn Ring Mini on the first attempt, and Motorland on the second attempt.

I think that short-shifting is a big key to the Copen races. If you don't short shift, you're giving up too much horsepower. In fact, even though Motorland is such a tight course, I was in 4th and 5th gear most of the time.

Recently, I decided to go back through all of the maximum-point manufacturers' races (not just the hardest ones) to see how cleanly I could complete them, and with how few modifications. In each race, I will start with the car completely stock aside from ballast and tires, and if that isn't winnable, I will retry with modifications, particularly transmission, clutch, flywheel, and VCD (where applicable). If the race still isn't winnable, then I will remove all of those modifications and add nitrous, and if I still can't win, then I will add those modifications back while retaining the nitrous. I will denote the level of cleanliness as follows: dirty (shortcuts, AI riding/ramming, wallriding), somewhat clean (only unintentional AI contacts, and no wall contact or off-track moments), OLR clean (two wheels on track, no wall or AI contact), and "immaculate" (no wall or AI contact, no grass or sand touches). Often, I will complete a race multiple times: somewhat cleanly with fewer modifications, and immaculately with more.

I started with the Honda Type R series, which I thought would be better completed in an NSX, if possible, rather than in a Civic or an Integra (I like the Accords, though). And it just so happened that the used '92 NSX Type R could be offered 200 points on N1 tires with maximum ballast and without an oil change. Not wanting to try my luck against the NSXes, I found that I could still be offered 200 points against certain all-FF lineups. Any without an Accord were automatically worth 200, and some that contained it still were. If you're considering doing this series yourself, please don't be frightened of the N1 tires, because they really have quite a lot of grip on this car.

Motegi: I was able to run an immaculate race with drivetrain modifications and nitrous, and was definitely capable of an OLR clean race without the nitrous, but twice missed my braking point for the pass of the leader, at the downhill right turn at the end of the last lap, and was too frustrated to try a third time because these races last ten minutes each.
Autumn Ring: With quite a bit of practice to avoid the AI cars, which sometimes brake late and sometimes skew across the track after visits to the dirt, I was able to complete the race immaculately with drivetrain modifications and without nitrous.
Suzuka: I was able to complete this race immaculately with drivetrain modifications and nitrous, and OLR cleanly with the nitrous removed.
Motorland: I could have done this race "somewhat cleanly," but preferring to make contact when passing AI only when absolutely necessary (as turned out to be the case with the leading Accord on the final lap), I suffered a bash into the wall just before the start/finish line when I couldn't avoid an AI car that had skewed across the track after visiting the sand. I knew that an OLR clean race was hopeless because of the unpredictability of the opponents at that point on the track.
Tsukuba: Both with and without nitrous, and with the drivetrain modifications, the best that I could do here was a somewhat clean race. The difference was that with it, the only contact was a single, tiny bump from behind, whereas without it, the lack of passing opportunities brought about by the long stopping distances of this car on N1 tires meant that I hit almost every AI car that I passed. Also, in each race, I ran wide into the grass once.

I also did March Brothers in a stock March G# on S2 tires without an oil change.

Autumn Ring Mini: I was able to do the race immaculately with nitrous, but only somewhat cleanly without it, as the AI cars made themselves quite difficult to pass on a track with few overtaking opportunities.
Suzuka East: The only difference between an immaculate race with nitrous and a somewhat clean race without it was that I received one big shove from behind on the straight in the latter case.
Grand Valley East: As usual, I was able to do this race immaculately with nitrous, but it was unwinnable without it.

I've already done what I can for the Copen, Midget, Subaru 360, and Suzuki Concepts series. All needed nitrous (and I think that I kept full nonpoint modifications on all four), and their cleanliness is as follows: Autumn Ring Mini and Tsukuba were easy to do immaculately in the Copen, while necessary AI riding made Motorland dirty; the Midget race was OLR clean (not immaculate due to the tight confines of the track); the Subaru 360 race was immaculate; and Seattle and Motegi West were immaculate wins in the Suzuki while Tsukuba was doable in "somewhat clean" fashion.

I will edit this post as I complete more series, each of which actually takes a fair amount of time because of the practice necessary to know when the AI cars will make maneuvers that threaten to make the race dirty.

Last edited:
Not entirely "on topic" for this forum, but something that might interest some of you as something NOT to try...

Take the "stock" Mazda BP FALKEN RX-7 (D1GP) '03. Outfit it with N3 tires front and back. Turn off ASM and TCS. Other settings as you wish, although there's not much to play with. Now go run the Club "RE" event at Opera Paris.

You'll probably be offered around 18 A-spec points, depending on the lineup. The race will be a lot more difficult than that. I've had 200 A-spec point races go down easier.

So, don't bother trying that RX-7 as an A-spec point racer... :yuck:

I'm over the moon with happiness at finishing off my last Suzuki Concept event at Tsukuba.

Just thought I'd mention that Dotini's setup in the quoted message works perfectly for the Concept race at Seattle as well, even with the same gearbox settings. I just scored a 200 pointer at Seattle which did require me to T-bone the lead car going into the hairpin at the start of the second lap, but was otherwise fairly clean.

For some reason, I had to run 166 ballast instead of 162 though; maybe my Concept-S2 isn't fully worn out.

Nissan Club Z at NY

I had all the other races maxed out using the Fairlady 2000, but this didn´t work for me at NY. So I used the 240 ZG with 165 hp, 200 ballast, Nos at 45, S1/S3 and basically used Fumes suspension settings:

http://www.gtvault.com/gt4/setup-view/s_sid::3152/Nissan-240ZG-(HS30)/

I tried many combinations of tires, hp and weight. First I thought, more power would be better, because the competition is strong and fast. But N-tires turned out not to work for me, not enough grip. I tried to find a lineup against which I could use S-tires. There has to be the 350Z in it to bring up the points. At the same time I had to avoid the slower cars like the 240ZG and the Fairlady 2000. I found such a lineup with a 350Z starting 3rd. What a difference the tires make! With N´s I had to wallride a lot to keep up, with S-tires you are so much faster in the corners. Great race, MOV 2 sec.

Last edited:
A bit more information on the Altezza race's since information is sparse on this one. Not wanting to wear the car down I gave this a shot on N1/N2 tires and came up trumps. I used a setup from GTvault http://gtvault.com/gt4/setup-view/s_sid::3763/Lexus-IS200-(J)/ which is actually for the IS200 (J) but worked quite well for the standard model.

As far as lineup's go, #3 & #7 are the easiest. With lineup #3 you can use N1/N2 & 164 ballast weight and #7 you can use N1/N2 and 132 ballast weight due to the presence of 3 Cross Sports in the lineup.

Apricot Hill was the toughest race, I had to make a suicide run on the lead car @ turn 7 on both laps, got away with it both times as although I went off my car was facing the right direction both times. After that it's just a case of blocking and using any remaining NOS if needed.

My car had all the usual non power mods, N1/N2, NOS @ 60-80 depending on the track, Aids @ 0, 0, 5, Ballast I have mentioned above depends on lineup and I used Auto Tranny @ 3 for all races.

Last edited:
I'm trying to do the Club Z series:
Which lineup number is recommended to get 200 pts? I'm using the Fairlady Z 280Z-L seater '78. did anyone was able to get 200 pts in NY and Tokyo?

I'm trying to do the Club Z series:
Which lineup number is recommended to get 200 pts? I'm using the Fairlady Z 280Z-L seater '78. did anyone was able to get 200 pts in NY and Tokyo?

I've done the races with both a Nissan 240ZG '71 and the Nissan Fairlady 2000 '68 primarily against the following lineup (not in this order):

Nissan 350Z
Nissan 300ZX '98
Nissan 300ZX '89
Nissan 280Z '78
Nissan 240ZG '71

I don't remember the lineup number, and its best if the 350Z is not in first or second place at the start.

I found New York to be easier with the Nissan 240ZG.

Good luck with the 280Z!

GTsail

Last edited:
Nissan Race of the Red "R" Emblem

200 points with a Nissan Skyline GTS-T Type M '91 on S2 with Stage 1, no chip; standard exhaust, old oil, NOS and 23 balast. Also a lot of non power mods and I used the tranny trick.
It was against line-up #3 (NA version) with:
GT-R Vspec II '94
HT 2000 RS-X Turbo C '84
GT-R '97
GT-R '91
GT-R M-spec '01
(only line-up I could find without a car from '73 or '70; those bring down the points)

I admit the use of NOS but a better driver can easily do it without. :dunce:

Obviously not ground-breaking news, but accept it as my attempt of paying back for all the valuabe information I found here for my journey through GT4.

The '200pt A-Spec Races' folder rocks!

Dude, I tried this one make with your info and it works! Just did Suzuka foor 200 points, though I have to admit it was tough..
But thanks!!

Edit: How did you manage to pull this off at Motegi? At one point in lap 5 while leading the race, the AI just steps on it and 2 or 3 cars just knocked me off the track :S.. Tires were still green at that point. It seems like I'm just missing speed.

Anyone else can answer this question too ;)

Last edited:
For me, tailbraking is key, especially at Motegi. If this skyline has awd, buy a vcd controller, if not, try to max your exit speed for every corner (duh).

There's a lot of time to be gained (or lost) at the first corner, and the final chicane, maximizing your speed there is very important because of the straight that follows. Same goes for the hairpin before the straight where the finish for the east section is.

Why are so many recommending N type tyres? They're the cheap ones that come with a car ( comfort softs in gt5 ) and one of the first things to change on a car!

Seattle N2's front, & N3's rear nitrous @ 100 ballast @ 200, 50 towards the front ride height lowered all the way TCS, & ASM front & rear @ 0 final gear-4.529, auto-5 (default) showing 178 hp @ parts change/settings menu against this lineup'03 Concept S2'01 GSX-R/4'03 Concept S2 (Me)

Tried that, the thing just slides all over the place, bouncing off the walls, its just useless! And without TCS forget it! Just lots and lots of revving and no forward motion. Switched to sports softs, got a bit more grip but still came last! Its just a heap of crap car, one of the worst handling pieces if garbage in a game!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Why are so many recommending N type tyres? They're the cheap ones that come with a car ( comfort softs in gt5 ) and one of the first things to change on a car!

Usually it is because it is the way to get 200 points for the race. You do realise this is the 200 points forum right? :D
Perhaps you should read post #2.

Tried that, the thing just slides all over the place, bouncing off the walls, its just useless! And without TCS forget it! Just lots and lots of revving and no forward motion. Switched to sports softs, got a bit more grip but still came last! Its just a heap of crap car, one of the worst handling pieces if garbage in a game!!

Err, all street machines come with either S3 (tuners) or S2 tires. If you want N type tires you have to go get them. The reason people use them is because they get more A-Spec points; one of the four factors determining the amount of points is the type of tire on the front axle.

As for the "sliding all over the place bouncing off the walls", I'd suggest that perhaps you have to work a bit on your driving technique.

Err, all street machines come with either S3 (tuners) or S2 tires. If you want N type tires you have to go get them. The reason people use them is because they get more A-Spec points; one of the four factors determining the amount of points is the type of tire on the front axle.

As for the "sliding all over the place bouncing off the walls", I'd suggest that perhaps you have to work a bit on your driving technique.
The reference to n tyres as default was to do with gt5!
And the sliding about is the car, not me! After all i can win a race in a high performance car, in pouring rain no problem!

The reference to n tyres as default was to do with gt5!

Perhaps you overlooked it then, but this is the GT4 forum (or a subforum thereof). Perhaps you should take your question/comment to the GT5 area, where I'm sure it'll receive the attention it deserves.

And the sliding about is the car, not me! After all i can win a race in a high performance car, in pouring rain no problem!

Interesting. I have yet to have a car go sliding around into walls or otherwise without it being a direct result of driver input. Could you share with us which car(s) it is that do this sliding around all by themselves?

Perhaps you overlooked it then, but this is the GT4 forum (or a subforum thereof). Perhaps you should take your question/comment to the GT5 area, where I'm sure it'll receive the attention it deserves.

Interesting. I have yet to have a car go sliding around into walls or otherwise without it being a direct result of driver input. Could you share with us which car(s) it is that do this sliding around all by themselves?

The Suzuki concept car I mentioned earlier!! Its getting better tho its still a dog!

I can't seem to get the hang of the Nissan Red Emblem races. I have tried the Skyline GTS-t Type M '91 as well as the Skyline 2000 GT-R (KPGC110) '73. I can't win at motegi, new york or fuji at all. When I come to the straights, at first I am able to block the AI, however at one point they try to overtake me with 3 cars at the same time. When this happens all hope is lost and I lose the race.

I can't seem to get the hang of the Nissan Red Emblem races. I have tried the Skyline GTS-t Type M '91 as well as the Skyline 2000 GT-R (KPGC110) '73. I can't win at motegi, new york or fuji at all. When I come to the straights, at first I am able to block the AI, however at one point they try to overtake me with 3 cars at the same time. When this happens all hope is lost and I lose the race.

Brother Numsey -
Try using the Nissan Skyline HT 2000GTR KPGC10 '70

I've scored 200 points with both the '73 and the '70 Nissans and found the '70 Nissan to be a little easier if I remember correctly.

For the '70 Nissan I was running with 195-204 horsepower (depending upon AI lineup) with 40kg's of ballast on R1 tires. Some blocking is required.

For the '73 Nissan Skyline GTR I had between 184-212 horsepower and with ballast of 60-80 kg's, and again on R1 tires. For what its worth, my race notes said: "Decent battle, blocking on first and second laps, car degraded quickly, against either one 1970 GTR or none".

Good luck!
GTsail

Last edited:
Race of the Red "R" emblem - Round 1: Motegi Road Course

I found this to be one of the hardest races for 200 points in my GT4 career yet. 10 laps on Motegi Road Course. To get a bit of firm grip I used super hard racing tyres, though I may could've done with sports hard and a little more HP. But yet, I found this, wel.. extremely hard.

My car: Nissan SKYLINE HT 2000 Turbo RS '83, against:

Nissan SKYLINE GT-R '97
Nissan SKYLINE GT-R '91
Nissan SKYLINE GT-R M-spec '01
Nissan SKYLINE GT-R V-spec II '00
Nissan SKYLINE 2000GT-R (KPGC110) '73

I got my car from the secondhand 80's shop, with approx. 56000k on it.

My specs:

RC exhaust / Chip / Racing SH tyres F and R / NOS set to max / RC Brakes / SR suspension (lowered car to 130) / FC tranny (autoset 8) / Triple clutch / shaft / Aids 8/8/5 / 1,5 LSD / Weight: 50kg set to 37.
This will get you 206BHP

Besides the tyre thing I mentioned earlier, I strongly advise to set the tranny to autoset 6 or so, because it never got to that top speed.
Apart from that, use the NOS VERY wisely because you'll be blocking like a maniac for the entire race when you made it to first place.

These were 10, very very long laps in this car. Maybe I should've used a different one, but the one mentioned in the top post didn't work out for me at all.

Good luck!

I'm trying to win races for as many points as possible; Without any AI contact, No use of Nos and staying on the track and off the walls at all times.

These are the Japanese Manufacturer Events which I was able to win for 200 A-Spec points under the above-mentioned conditions.
(Due to the number of events here, I'm going to submit these in 3 parts (Part1; Daihatsu, Honda & Isuzu)

Daihatsu Copen Detachable Top '02 Vs Daihatsu Copen Race All races Vs 1st Line up after a Sarthe I Preview (1xCAT then 4xCDT) (none for 200)

Tsukuba for 68 Points
Parts -
N2 Tyres, PC Chip, Stage1 Turbo, SR Intercooler, FC Suspension, FC Transmission, Triple Clutch, Race Flywheel.
Settings -
Suspension: 6.0,4.0 69,79 -,- 2,6 3,7 2.5,1.5 0,0 3,6
Transmission: Auto1 Final6.050
Aids:000
Ballast: 90,-50

Motorland for 80 Points
Parts -
S1,S2 Tyres, FC Suspension, FC Transmission, Triple Clutch, Race Flywheel.
Settings -
Suspension: 6.0,4.0 69,79 -,- 2,6 3,7 2.5,1.5 0,2 3,6
Transmission: Auto1 Final6.500
Ballast: 86,-50

Autumn Ring Mini for 104 Points
Parts -
N3 Tyres, FC Suspension, FC Transmission, Triple Clutch, Race Flywheel.
Settings -
Suspension: 6.0,4.0 69,79 -,- 2,6 3,7 2.5,1.5 0,3 3,6
Transmission: Final3.500 Auto1 Final4.300
Ballast: 153,-50

Daihatsu Midget II D-type '98 (Black Oil) Vs Daihatsu Midget II Race (not for 200)

Motorland for 123 Points
Parts -
N2,N3 Tyres, Race Brakes, Brake BC, FC Suspension, FC Transmission, Triple Clutch, Race Flywheel, Prop Shaft.
Settings -
Brake BC: 3,4
Suspension: 4.0,3.5 125,135 -,- 4,5 5,6 1.8,1.2 0,2 2,4
Transmission: Auto2 3rd1.620 4th1.310 5th1.090
Ballast: 77,-50

Acura Integra Type-R '01 (Black Oil) Vs. Honda Type R Meeting All races Vs 3rd Line up. (Enter the race twice in a Honda NSX Type R '92, then enter the 3rd race in the Acura Integra) (Accord on pole & no NSX's)

Twin Ring Motegi (Road Course)
Parts -
S3 Tyres, Sports Exhaust, PC Chip, FC Transmission, Triple Clutch.
Settings -
Transmission: Auto2 6th1.185
Ballast: 12,-12

Autumn Ring Reverse
Parts -
Settings -
Transmission: Auto1

Suzuka
Parts -
Settings -
Transmission: Auto3 6th1.130

Motorland Reverse
Parts -
Settings -

Tsukuba
Parts -
Settings -

Honda Civic 1500CX '79 Vs. Honda Civic Race

Twin Ring Motegi (East Short Course) Vs 13th Line up for 158 Points
Parts-
S3 Tyres, NA1, Race Brakes, Brake BC, FC Suspension, FC Transmission, Triple Clutch, Race Flywheel.
Settings -
Brake BC: 3,3
Suspension: 4.0,4.0 120,130 -,- 4,6 5,7 2.5,1.5 0,1 3,4
Transmission: Auto3
Ballast: 146,-50

Suzuka (East Course) Vs 8th Line up.
Parts-
S3 Tyres, Race Brakes, Brake BC, FC Suspension, FC Transmission, Triple Clutch, Race Flywheel.
Settings -
Suspension: 4.0,3.5 120,130 -,- 4,6 5,7 2.5,1.5 0,1 3,4
Transmission: Final5.100
Ballast: 116,-50

Deep Forest Vs 13th Line up.
Parts-
S3 Tyres, Race Brakes, Brake BC, FC Suspension, FC Transmission, Triple Clutch, Race Flywheel.
Settings -
Suspension: 4.0,3.5 120,130 -,- 4,6 5,7 2.5,1.5 0,1 3,4
Transmission: Final5.350
Ballast: 89,-50

Autumn Ring Mini Vs 13th Line up.
Parts-
R1 Tyres, Race Brakes, Brake BC, FC Suspension, FC Transmission, Triple Clutch, Race Flywheel.
Settings -
Suspension: 6.0,3.5 120,130 -,- 6,6 7,7 2.5,1.5 0,1 3,4
Transmission: Auto1 Final6.000
Ballast: 179,-50

Midfield Reverse Vs 13th Line up for 145 Points
Parts-
S3 Tyres, PC Chip, NA1, Race Brakes, Brake BC, FC Suspension, FC Transmission, Triple Clutch, Race Flywheel.
Settings -
Suspension: 6.0,3.5 120,130 -,- 6,6 7,7 2.5,1.5 0,1 3,4
Transmission: Final5.000
Ballast: 127,-50

Isuzu 117 Coupe '68 (Black Oil) Vs. Isuzu Sports Classic (none for 200)

Tsukuba Vs 1st Line up for 125 Points
Parts-
N3 Tyres, Race Brakes, Brake BC, FC Suspension, FC Transmission, Triple Clutch, Race Flywheel, Prop Shaft.
Settings -
Suspension: 4.0,4.0 150,160 -,- 4,6 5,7 2.2,1.5 0,1 3,4
Transmission: Auto1 Final4.400
Ballast: 38,-50

Fuji Speedway 80's Vs 4th Line up for 142 Points
Parts-
N2,N3 Tyres, Race Brakes, Brake BC, FC Suspension, FC Transmission, Triple Clutch, Race Flywheel, Prop Shaft.
Settings -
Suspension: 4.0,4.0 150,160 -,- 4,6 5,7 2.2,1.5 0,1 3,4
Transmission: Auto1 Final3.250
Ballast: 37,-50

Trial Mountain Vs 1st Line up for 167 Points
Parts-
N1,N2 Tyres, Race Brakes, Brake BC, FC Suspension, FC Transmission, Triple Clutch, Race Flywheel, Prop Shaft.
Settings -
Suspension: 4.0,4.0 145,155 -,- 3,6 4,7 2.2,1.5 0,2 3,4
Transmission: Auto1 Final3.800
Ballast: 92,-50

Last edited:
I'm trying to win races for as many points as possible; Without any AI contact, No use of Nos and staying on the track and off the walls at all times.

These are the Japanese Manufacturer Events which I was able to win for 200 A-Spec points under the above-mentioned conditions.
(Due to the number of events here, I'm going to submit these in 3 parts (Part2; Mazda, Mitsubishi & Nissan)

Club 'RE'

Laguna Seca
Mazda RX-7 GT-X (FC,J) '90 (Black Oil) Vs 1st Line up.
Parts -
S3 Tyres, PC Chip, Stage1 Turbo, Race Intercooler, Race Brakes, Brake BC, FC Suspension, FC Transmission, Triple Clutch, Race Flywheel, Prop Shaft.
Settings -
Suspension: 4.0,4.0 120,125 -,- 4,6 5,7 2.5,1.8 0,0 3,4
Transmission: Auto1 Final3.750
Ballast: 47,-50

Autumn Ring Reverse
Parts -
S3 Tyres, PC Chip, Stage1 Turbo, Race Intercooler, Race Brakes, Brake BC, FC Suspension, FC Transmission, Triple Clutch, Race Flywheel, Prop Shaft.
Settings -

Special Stage Route 5 Reverse
Parts -
Settings -
Transmission: Auto1 Final3.200

Opera Paris
Parts -
Settings -

Suzuka
Mazda 110S (L10A) '67 Vs 8th Line up.
Parts -
R1,R2 Tyres, NA3, Race Brakes, Brake BC, FC Suspension, FC Transmission, Triple Clutch, Race Flywheel, Prop Shaft.
Settings -
Suspension: 5.0,5.5 100,105 -,- 5,6 6,7 2.5,2.0 0,0 3,4
Transmission: Auto1 Final3.000
Ballast: 32,-32

Mazda MX-5 J Limited '91 (Black Oil) Vs NR-A Roadster Cup

Twin Ring Motegi for 180 Points Vs 1st Line up.
Parts -
S2,S3 Tyres, NA1, Race Brakes, Brake BC, FC Suspension, FC Transmission, Triple Clutch, Race Flywheel, Prop Shaft.
Settings -
Suspension: 5.0,5.5 110,115 -,- 4,6 5,7 2.5,1.8 0,0 3,4

Tokyo Route 246 for 127 Points Vs 1st Line up.
Parts -
S2,S3 Tyres, PC Chip, NA2, Race Brakes, Brake BC, FC Suspension, FC Transmission, Triple Clutch, Race Flywheel, Prop Shaft.
Settings -

Clubman Stage Route 5 Reverse for 168 Points Vs 7th Line up.
Parts -
S3 Tyres, PC Chip, NA1, Race Brakes, Brake BC, FC Suspension, FC Transmission, Triple Clutch, Race Flywheel, Prop Shaft.
Settings -
Transmission: Auto1 Final4.050

Tsukuba for 187 Points Vs 7th Line up.
Parts -
S2,S3 Tyres, NA1, Race Brakes, Brake BC, FC Suspension, FC Transmission, Triple Clutch, Race Flywheel, Prop Shaft.
Settings -
Brake BC: 2,3
Transmission: Auto1 Final4.750
Ballast: 1,-50

Trial Mountain Vs 1st Line up.
Parts -
Settings -
Transmission: Auto1 Final4.200
Ballast: 131,-50

Mazda RX-8 '03 Vs NR-A RX-8 Cup All races Vs 7th Line up.

Laguna Seca for 167 Points
Parts -
Settings -
Suspension: 6.5,7.0 100,110 -,- 2,5 3,6 2.5,1.5 0,3 2,4
Ballast: 56,-50

Special Stage Route 5 for 167 Points
Parts -
Settings -
Suspension: 6.0,7.0 95,110 -,- 2,5 3,6 2.5,1.5 0,3 2,4
Transmission: Auto1 Final3.700

Fuji Speedway 90's for 166 Points
Parts -
N2,N3 Tyres, Brake BC, FC Suspension, FC Transmission, Triple Clutch, Race Flywheel, Prop Shaft.
Settings -
Suspension: 6.0,7.0 95,105 -,- 2,5 3,6 2.5,1.5 0,1 2,4
Transmission: Auto1 Final3.260

El Capitan
Parts -
N1,N3 Tyres, Race Brakes, Brake BC, FC Suspension, FC Transmission, Triple Clutch, Race Flywheel, Prop Shaft.
Settings -
Transmission: Auto1 Final3.900
Ballast: 159,-50

Tsukuba for 167 Points
Parts -
Settings -
Transmission: Auto1 Final4.500

Evolution Meeting

Clubman Stage Route 5
Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VII GT-A '02 (Black Oil) Vs 2nd Line up.
Parts -
S1,S2 Tyres, Race Brakes, Brake BC, FC Suspension, FC Transmission, Triple Clutch, Race Flywheel, Prop Shaft, AYC, VCD.
Settings -
Suspension: 5.0,5.5 105,120 -,- 2,5 3,6 2.5,1.5 0,3 2,5
AYC: 100
VCD: 10
Ballast: 83,-50

Fuji Speedway 90's
Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VII GT-A '02 (Black Oil) Vs 2nd Line up.
Parts -
S1,S2 Tyres, Race Brakes, Brake BC, FC Suspension, FC Transmission, Triple Clutch, Race Flywheel, Prop Shaft, AYC, VCD.
Settings -
Suspension: 5.0,5.5 105,120 -,- 2,5 3,6 2.5,1.5 0,3 2,5
Transmission: Auto1 Final2.625
AYC: 100

Tokyo Route 246
Mitsubishi Lancer Evo II '94 (Black Oil) Vs 2nd Line up.
Parts -
S3 Tyres, SP Intercooler, Race Brakes, Brake BC, FC Suspension, FC Transmission, Triple Clutch, Race Flywheel, Prop Shaft, VCD.
Settings -
Suspension: 5.0,5.5 125,135 -,- 2,5 3,6 3.0,1.5 0,1 2,4
Transmission: Auto1 Final4.600
Ballast: 23,-50

Mitsubishi Mirage 1400GLX '78 Vs Mirage Cup

Tsukuba Vs 7th Line up.
Parts -
S2 Tyres, PC Chip, Stage 1 Turbo, Race Brakes, Brake BC, FC Suspension, FC Transmission, Triple Clutch, Race Flywheel, Full LSD.
Settings -
Suspension: 4.0,5.0 122,135 -,- 2,5 3,6 3.0,1.5 0,2 2,4
Transmission: Auto1 Final3.425
LSD: 9 12 5
Ballast: 3,-3

Autumn Ring Vs 7th Line up.
Parts -
S3 Tyres, PC Chip, Stage 1 Turbo, Race Brakes, Brake BC, FC Suspension, FC Transmission, Triple Clutch, Race Flywheel, Full LSD.
Settings -
Transmission: Auto1 Final3.350
LSD: 7 8 5
Ballast: 46,-50

Special Stage Route 5 Vs 7th Line up.
Parts -
S3 Tyres, PC Chip, Stage 1 Turbo, Race Brakes, Brake BC, FC Suspension, FC Transmission, Triple Clutch, Race Flywheel, Full LSD.
Settings -
Transmission: Auto1 Final2.850
LSD: 6 7 5
Ballast: 46,-50

Laguna Seca Vs 3rd Line up.
Parts -
S3 Tyres, Stage 1 Turbo, Race Brakes, Brake BC, FC Suspension, FC Transmission, Triple Clutch, Race Flywheel, Full LSD.
Settings -
Transmission: Auto1 Final3.250
LSD: 7 8 5
Ballast: 69,-50

Suzuka Vs 3rd Line up.
Parts -
S3 Tyres, Stage 1 Turbo, Race Brakes, Brake BC, FC Suspension, FC Transmission, Triple Clutch, Race Flywheel, Full LSD.
Settings -
Transmission: Auto1 Final2.925
LSD: 9 12 5
Ballast: 69,-50

Race of the Red 'R' Emblem

Twin Ring Motegi (Road Course)
Nissan Skyline GTS-t Type M '89 (Black Oil) Vs 3rd Line up.
Parts -
S2 Tyres, Stage 1 Turbo, Race Intercooler, Race Brakes, Brake BC, FC Suspension, FC Transmission, Triple Clutch, Race Flywheel, Prop Shaft.
Settings -
Brake BC: 5,4
Suspension: 4.5,4.0 115,120 -,- 4,5 5,6 2.5,1.5 0,1 3,4
Ballast: 26,0

Trial Mountain Reverse
Nissan Skyline GTS-t Type M '89 (Black Oil) Vs 1st Line up.
Parts -
S2 Tyres, Stage 1 Turbo, Race Brakes, Brake BC, FC Suspension, FC Transmission, Triple Clutch, Race Flywheel, Prop Shaft.
Settings -
Suspension: 4.5,4.0 115,120 -,- 4,5 5,6 2.5,1.5 0,1 3,4
Transmission: Auto1 Final3.875
Ballast: 6,0

Fuji Speedway 80's
Nissan Skyline GTS-t Type M '89 (Black Oil) Vs 3rd Line up.
Parts -
S1,S2 Tyres, PC Chip, Stage 1 Turbo, Race Intercooler, Race Brakes, Brake BC, FC Suspension, FC Transmission, Triple Clutch, Race Flywheel, Prop Shaft.
Settings -
Brake BC: 4,4
Suspension: 4.0,4.0 115,120 -,- 4,5 5,6 2.5,1.5 0,2 3,4
Transmission: Auto1 Final3.100
Ballast: 43,-50

New York Reverse
Nissan Skyline Sedan 350 GT-8 '02 Vs 3rd Line up. (This is a different car, so this is a different 3rd line up to the one used above)
Parts -
S2,S3 Tyres, SP Exhaust, Race Intercooler, Race Brakes, Brake BC, FC Suspension, FC Transmission, Triple Clutch, Race Flywheel, Prop Shaft.
Settings -
Suspension: 6.5,6.0 110,115 -,- 4,6 5,7 3.0,2.0 0,1 3,4
Transmission: Auto1 Final2.900
Ballast: 35,-50

Suzuka
Nissan Skyline Sedan 350 GT-8 '02 Vs 3rd Line up.
Parts -
S2,S3 Tyres, SP Exhaust, Race Intercooler, Race Brakes, Brake BC, FC Suspension, FC Transmission, Triple Clutch, Race Flywheel, Prop Shaft.
Settings -
Suspension: 6.5,6.0 110,115 -,- 4,6 5,7 3.0,2.0 0,1 3,4
Transmission: Auto1 Final2.900
Ballast: 35,-50

Nissan March G# '99 (Black Oil) Vs Micra Brothers

Autumn Ring Mini Vs 1st Line up.
Parts -
Settings -
Brake BC: 4,3
Suspension: 4.5,4.0 120,130 -,- 3,5 4,6 2.5,1.5 0,1 3,4

Suzuka (East Course) Vs 1st Line up.
Parts -
Settings -
Suspension: 4.5,4.0 120,130 -,- 3,5 4,6 2.5,1.5 0,1 3,4

Grand Valley East Reverse for 140 Points Vs 3rd Line up.
Parts -
N3 Tyres, NA2, Race Brakes, Brake BC, FC Suspension, FC Transmission, Triple Clutch, Race Flywheel.
Settings -
Suspension: 4.5,4.0 120,130 -,- 3,5 4,6 2.5,1.5 0,2 3,4
Transmission: Auto1 Final3.450
Ballast: 39,-50

Nissan Silvia Q's Aero (S14) '93 (Black Oil) Vs Silvia Sisters (none for 200)

Tsukuba for 146 Points Vs 13th Line up.
Parts -
S1,S2 Tyres, PC Chip, FC Suspension, FC Transmission, Triple Clutch, Race Flywheel, Prop Shaft.
Settings -
Suspension: 6.0,5.0 105,110 -,- 4,5 5,6 3.0,2.5 0,2 3,4
Transmission: Auto1 Final4.450
Ballast: 49,-50

Special Stage Route 5 for 160 Points Vs 1st Line up after a Sarthe I Preview.
Parts -
S1,S2 Tyres, FC Suspension, FC Transmission, Triple Clutch, Race Flywheel, Prop Shaft.
Settings -
Ballast: 120,-50

Fuji Speedway 90's for 146 Points Vs 15th Line up.
Parts -
N3 Tyres, NA1, FC Suspension, FC Transmission, Triple Clutch, Race Flywheel, Prop Shaft.
Settings -
Ballast: 51,-50

Nissan 240ZG (HS30) '71 Vs Club 'Z' All races Vs 2nd Line up after a Sarthe I Preview.

New York for 165 Points
Parts -
S2,S3 Tyres, NA1, FC Suspension, FC Transmission, Triple Clutch, Race Flywheel, Prop Shaft, Full LSD.
Settings -
Suspension: 5.5,5.5 120,135 -,- 4,5 5,6 2.5,1.5 0,2 3,4
Aids:001
LSD: 6 8 6
Ballast: 106,-50

Tokyo R246 Reverse for 155 Points
Parts -
S2,S3 Tyres, PC Chip, NA1, Brake BC, FC Suspension, FC Transmission, Triple Clutch, Race Flywheel, Prop Shaft, Full LSD.
Settings -
Transmission: Auto1 Final3.100
LSD: 6 8 7
Ballast: 114,-50

El Capitan
Parts -
S2,S3 Tyres, Brake BC, FC Suspension, FC Transmission, Triple Clutch, Race Flywheel, Prop Shaft, Full LSD.
Settings -
Ballast: 68,-50

Laguna Seca
Parts -
S2,S3 Tyres, Brake BC, FC Suspension, FC Transmission, Triple Clutch, Race Flywheel, Prop Shaft, Full LSD.
Settings -
Transmission: Auto1 Final3.950
Ballast: 68,-50

Grand Valley Speedway Reverse for 190 Points
Parts -
S2,S3 Tyres, PC Chip, Brake BC, FC Suspension, FC Transmission, Triple Clutch, Race Flywheel, Prop Shaft, Full LSD.
Settings -
Transmission: Auto1 Final3.300
Ballast: 76,-50

Last edited:

(Due to the number of events here, I'm going to submit these in 3 parts (Part3; Subaru, Suzuki & Toyota)

Subaru 360 '58 Vs Subaru 360 Race (not for 200)

Tsukuba for 128 Points Vs 1st Line up.
Parts -
N1,N2 Tyres, Brake BC, FC Suspension, FC Transmission, Triple Clutch, Race Flywheel.
Settings -
Suspension: 4.0,4.0 130,140 -,- 3,4 4,5 2.5,1.5 0,2 3,4
Transmission: Auto1 Final2.945
Ballast: 181,-50

Subaru Legacy Wagon 3.0R '03 Vs Stars of Pleiades

Tsukuba Vs 3rd Line up.
Parts -
S3 Tyres, Race Brakes, Brake BC, FC Suspension, FC Transmission, Triple Clutch, Race Flywheel, Prop Shaft, VCD.
Settings -
Brake BC: 4,5
Suspension: 7.0,7.0 120,130 -,- 3,5 4,6 2.5,1.5 0,2 3,4
Transmission: Auto1 Final3.000
VCD:10
Ballast: 73,-50

Trial Mountain Vs 3rd Line up.
Parts -
S3 Tyres, Race Brakes, Brake BC, FC Suspension, FC Transmission, Triple Clutch, Race Flywheel, Prop Shaft, VCD.
Settings -
Brake BC: 4,5
Transmission: Auto1 Final2.575

Suzuka Vs 2nd Line up after a Sarthe I Preview. (Legacy’s starting 1st & 2nd)
Parts -
Settings -
Brake BC: 5,5
Suspension: 6.5,7.0 115,130 -,- 3,5 4,6 3.0,1.5 0,3 2,4
Transmission: Auto5

Deep Forest Vs 3rd Line up.
Parts -
Settings -
Transmission: Auto1 Final2.625

Laguna Seca Vs 2nd Line up after a Sarthe I Preview.
Parts -
Settings -
Suspension: 6.8,7.0 117,130 -,- 3,5 4,6 2.7,1.5 0,3 2,4
Transmission: Auto5

Suzuki Wagon R RR '98 (Black Oil) Vs K-Car Cup All races Vs 14th Line up. (Enter the race 13 times in a Suzuki Alto Lapin Turbo '02, then enter the 14th race in the Wagon R RR) (none for 200)

Autumn Ring Mini Reverse for 147 Points
Parts -
S1,S2 Tyres, Brake BC, FC Suspension, FC Transmission, Triple Clutch, Race Flywheel, Prop Shaft, VCD.
Settings -
Brake BC: 5,6
Suspension: 6.5,6.5 115,120 -,- 4,5 5,6 2.5,1.5 0,2 3,4
Transmission: Auto1 Final5.100
Ballast: 200,-50

Tsukuba for 116 Points
Parts -
N3 Tyres, Stage1 Turbo, Brake BC, FC Suspension, FC Transmission, Triple Clutch, Race Flywheel, Prop Shaft, VCD.
Settings -
Suspension: 5.5,5.5 110,120 -,- 3,5 4,6 2.8,1.5 0,2 3,4
Transmission: Auto1 Final4.225
Ballast: 70,-50

Motorland for 121 Points
Parts -
S1,S2 Tyres, Brake BC, FC Suspension, FC Transmission, Triple Clutch, Race Flywheel, Prop Shaft, VCD.
Settings -
Suspension: 6.0,6.0 110,120 -,- 3,5 4,6 2.7,1.5 0,2 3,4
Transmission: Auto1 Final4.850

Suzuki GSX-R/4 '01 Vs Suzuki Concepts All Vs 1st Line up after a Sarthe I Preview. (Suzuki S2 then 4 x GSX-R/4's) (none for 200)

Twin Ring Motegi (West Short Course) for 164 Points
Parts -
N1,N2 Tyres, Brake BC, FC Suspension, FC Transmission, Triple Clutch, Race Flywheel.
Settings -
Suspension: 6.5,7.0 75,85 -,- 3,5 4,6 3.0,2.0 0,2 3,5
Transmission: Auto1 Final4.775
Ballast: 197,-50

Seattle for 142 Points
Parts -
N2,N3 Tyres, Brake BC, FC Suspension, FC Transmission, Triple Clutch, Race Flywheel.
Settings -
Transmission: Auto1 Final4.375

Tsukuba for 142 Points
Parts -
N2,N3 Tyres, Brake BC, FC Suspension, FC Transmission, Triple Clutch, Race Flywheel.
Settings -
Transmission: Auto1 Final4.900

Lexus IS200 '98 Vs Altezza Race (none for 200)

Tsukuba for 160 Points Vs 6th Line up.
Parts -
N3 Tyres, Brake BC, FC Suspension, FC Transmission, Triple Clutch, Race Flywheel, Prop Shaft.
Settings -
Suspension: 5.0,5.0 113,113 -,- 3,4 4,5 2.7,2.0 0,1 3,4
Transmission: Auto1 Final5.075
Ballast: 115,0

Suzuka for 139 Points Vs 9th Line up.
Parts -
S1,S2 Tyres, Brake BC, FC Suspension, FC Transmission, Triple Clutch, Race Flywheel, Prop Shaft.
Settings -
Suspension: 5.0,5.0 113,113 -,- 3,4 4,5 2.7,2.0 0,1 3,4
Transmission: Auto1 Final4.150

Apricot Hill for 148 Points Vs 6th Line up.
Parts -
N3 Tyres, Brake BC, FC Suspension, FC Transmission, Triple Clutch, Race Flywheel, Prop Shaft.
Settings -
Suspension: 5.8,5.5 114,112 -,- 4,4 5,5 2.5,2.5 0,0 4,4
Transmission: Auto1 Final4.000
Ballast: 9,0

Twin Ring Motegi (Road Course) for 155 Points Vs 6th Line up.
Parts -
Settings -
Suspension: 5.8,5.5 114,112 -,- 3,4 4,5 2.5,2.5 0,0 4,4
Transmission: Auto1 Final4.325
Ballast: 70,0

Fuji Speedway 2005 for 173 Points Vs 6th Line up.
Parts -
N2,N3 Tyres, Brake BC, FC Suspension, FC Transmission, Triple Clutch, Race Flywheel, Prop Shaft.
Settings -
Suspension: 5.0,5.0 110,115 -,- 3,5 4,6 2.8,1.5 0,2 3,4
Transmission: Auto1 Final3.950
Ballast: 64,-50

Toyota Yaris U Euro Sport Edition '00 (Black Oil) Vs Vitz Race

Fuji Speedway 90's for 143 Points Vs 6th Line up.
Parts -
N1,N2 Tyres, NA2, Race Brakes, Brake BC, FC Suspension, FC Transmission, Triple Clutch, Race Flywheel, Full LSD.
Settings -
Suspension: 3.0,3.5 105,115 -,- 2,5 3,6 2.5,1.0 0,2 2,3
Transmission: Auto1 Final2.725
LSD: 10 8 6
Ballast: 95,-30

Suzuka (East Course) Vs 6th Line up.
Parts -
N3 Tyres, Race Brakes, Brake BC, FC Suspension, FC Transmission, Triple Clutch, Race Flywheel.
Settings -
Brake BC: 6,4
Suspension: 3.5,4.0 105,115 -,- 3,5 4,6 3.0,1.5 0,2 2,3
Ballast: 94,50

Twin Ring Motegi (East Short Course) for 162 Points Vs 2nd Line up.
Parts -
S1,S2 Tyres, PC Chip, Race Brakes, Brake BC, FC Suspension, FC Transmission, Triple Clutch, Race Flywheel.
Settings -
Ballast: 1,0

Tsukuba for 155 Points Vs 2nd Line up.
Parts -
S2,S3 Tyres, PC Chip, Race Brakes, Brake BC, FC Suspension, FC Transmission, Triple Clutch, Race Flywheel.
Settings -
Ballast: 4,0

Autumn Ring for 164 Points Vs 2nd Line up.
Parts -
S2,S3 Tyres, Race Brakes, Brake BC, FC Suspension, FC Transmission, Triple Clutch, Race Flywheel.
Settings -
Transmission: Auto1 Final3.675

This concludes my efforts for the Japanese One Make Races; I've managed to take 13502 of the possible 15331 points on offer.

Last edited:
Mitsubishi Mirage Cup- all races for 200 A-Spec points

Car: '97 Mitsubishi Mirage Cyborg ZR with the following parts:

no oil change
S2 tires
75 ballast @ 0
non-power upgrades optional

Once the car is set up, scroll though the lineups until one appears with 4 '78 Mirages and one '97 Mirage (NTSC/USA lineup #7). Despite the '78 Mirages having significantly better acceleration than you, this series is very easy to complete cleanly without nitrous as the older cars frequently go off-roading. 👍 Even so, qualifying is required at Tsukuba and Laguna Seca.

Last edited:
I've got replays of most of my posted races, so I thought i might as well share this one seeing as how the mirage cup has just been mentioned.

The Altezza Race at Apricot Hill was one of the toughest races I had to do recently. Somewhere around the 15th lineup, you'll get the regular IS on pole, the J at 2, and the Sport Crosses at the back. A brand new IS with N2s on the front and 131 ballast offers 200 points, but the thing drives like an absolute pig!!! I didn't wear it down with any B Spec days...

Anyway, the J usually makes it to the lead by the first turn, and I had to get on the inside of one of the SCs for the first right hand turn to stay within striking distance of the J. This barely allows an opportunity to punt it into the kitty litter at the end of the straight, but it's possible and pretty much required for the win.

The other races were somewhat trivial, in that there are exploitable methods to take/hold the lead. But Apricot Hill doesn't really lend itself to such.

A "Close" Tranny and and Nitro were essential, and a 3ple Clutch and Racing Flywheel were nearly so. Better drivers might be able to get away with less.

Here's a link to my replay, and the settings can be found within it...

Have A Great Drive!
RH

Latest Posts

Back