One Make Races - Japan

• Thread starter daan
  • 148 comments
im on day 1404.. the chart doesnt have days that far... still cant find my daihatsu midget.. :indiff:

:dunce:
Wow, I didn't realise we'd actually need to spoon feed you the information like a baby! :rolleyes:

Take the excel file.
On the filter lines at the top, select Daihatsu for Manufacturers.
Select Midget II D-Type for Model.
Scroll right until you see the word "Cycle" on the top line.
Next to that is a 1. Change that to 3, and it'll put the days in order for the third cycle, which you're now currently in, being on day 1404.
The next one will be a green one which'll arrive on day 1436 for you.
If you wish to wait, there's a 6.2mile special available in red on day 1625.

Please make an effort to use the info we're giving you, it took me no more than 5 minutes to find what you need and post this, but you could've found it equally quickly if you'd taken the time to read the explanations about how to use the spreadsheet that TornadoAlley included in his post about the spreadsheet. ;)

Suzuki Concepts - 200 points at Tsukuba and Seattle

Car : Suzuki Concept S-2
Against line up with Concept on 1st and 4 GSX. ( line up 8 or 9 )

Both took many attempts and playing around with the settings but got there in the end.
Settings for Tsukuba :
NOS @ 100
N3/N3 tyres
Suspension :
14.3/14.3
86/86
7/10
7/10
2.5/1.5
0/-4
1/7

Aids : 0/0/3
Brake Controller : 4/7

Gears: Set Final to 4.529 then Auto to 4

LSD : 20/30/5

Ballast : 98
-50 ( to the front )

Settings for Seattle :
As Tsukuba with a few differences :
Gears : Set Final to 4.529 then Auto to 5
NOS @ 80

Happy racing,

nige

Suzuki S2 at Tsukuba was the most difficult race I've done for ages:scared: - enough so to make me post on here (long time lurker, first (or maybe few others) time poster)!!

I tried last night with many varitions of my own settings and only managed to get in front once and then lost it in about 2hours worth of trying *but I had had a little smoke;) in my defence! And then this evening I had 20 more attempts using Nige's settings and 21st attempt got second place - had lead taken off me due to rubbish driving in last lap due to pressure of gaining unexpected first place position, but then the next race won by 0.7sec!

Could only manage it with outrageous long-range-leader-taking-out overtaking manoeuvres on 2nd and 3rd hairpins.

I've got 91+k points so far, but aiming for max! Wife and kids make it less easy to play much before 11pm:crazy: which is making for slow going! Still got loads of races in the Europe, Japanese and American Halls to do so some easy(ish) points there.

Suzuki S2 at Tsukuba was the most difficult race I've done for ages:scared: - enough so to make me post on here (long time lurker, first (or maybe few others) time poster)!!

I tried last night with many varitions of my own settings and only managed to get in front once and then lost it in about 2hours worth of trying *but I had had a little smoke;) in my defence! And then this evening I had 20 more attempts using Nige's settings and 21st attempt got second place - had lead taken off me due to rubbish driving in last lap due to pressure of gaining unexpected first place position, but then the next race won by 0.7sec!

Could only manage it with outrageous long-range-leader-taking-out overtaking manoeuvres on 2nd and 3rd hairpins.

I've got 91+k points so far, but aiming for max! Wife and kids make it less easy to play much before 11pm:crazy: which is making for slow going! Still got loads of races in the Europe, Japanese and American Halls to do so some easy(ish) points there.

Glad you found my settings useful. Getting first in 20 goes is really quite good. If memory serves me correct it took many more goes to get these races in the bag. Don't worry about taking out other cars we've all had to do it!
Good luck in the hunt for max points 👍

nige

i had a tough time with suzuki concept's aswell but the forum has a wealth of information that is like GOLD. also the members who have gotten max or close to are very friendly and helpful to new nutters.

....Don't worry about taking out other cars we've all had to do it!
Good luck in the hunt for max points 👍

nige

i think if you dont take out other cars (or cut some corners {drastically :sly:}, you really dont stand a chance of winning some of the one makes.

examples coming to mind are suzuki comcept's, saleen's, crosfire's and hyundai's.

if you can do the races for maximum and not "cheat" you are an absolute god at GT4.

Mazda NR-A RX-8 Cup

Mazda RX-8 '03 for 200 points in all races against 3 Type S's, 1 Type E and 1 RX-8 '03.

Set up : N1/N3 tyres, Old Oil + 5200 miles, Tranny set to 5/6 depending on track, NOS.Racing Suspension and Racing Brakes, ASM 0/0, TCS set to 5. 193 bhp.

Make sure you qualify using increased bhp and using Sports tyres.This will get you first on the grid. Without qualifying it is almost impossible to win, for me anyway!

Strategies used :
Laguna Seca - Corner cutting where possible. Quite easy,
SS5 - Wallriding where possible.
Fuji Speedway - Cutting chicane going over grass. Easiest race!
El Kapitan - Again wallriding where possible.
Tsukuba - This is by far the hardest race. Get 1st place on the grid. For each corner you must take the inside line and block. If you go wide the Type S will sneak through and you wont catch it again. Had two attempts at this one!

Hope that helps.

nige

Nige, thanks for your post and the many others from which I have learned something. Here, hoping to use N2 front tires, I put 8,000+ miles on this car, and was delighted to see only 187 hp on the sell screen. I was then able to use the N2's and even add semi-racing exhaust for 197 hp on the parts change/settings screen. Understeer was further tamed with shock settings of 1/2(f), 9/10(r) and 192 ballast @ -50 (to the front). With these enhancements, and even without the NOS, I was able to win the races for 200 each.

Nige, thanks for your post and the many others from which I have learned something. Here, hoping to use N2 front tires, I put 8,000+ miles on this car, and was delighted to see only 187 hp on the sell screen. I was then able to use the N2's and even add semi-racing exhaust for 197 hp on the parts change/settings screen. Understeer was further tamed with shock settings of 1/2(f), 9/10(r) and 192 ballast @ -50 (to the front). With these enhancements, and even without the NOS, I was able to win the races for 200 each.
Glad to be able to help. Good luck on your points quest. 👍

nige

After about 4 hours of testing, I was finally able to beat a 200pt field using the RX-8 Concept that's given for all silvers for the IB License. I wanted to avoid buying a car for this and the RX-8 Cup, so it seemed a natural fit.

Japan/Mazda/Club "RE" @ Laguna Seca

Start
1 - Mazda RX-7 GT-X (FC,J) '90
2 - Mazda RX-7 Type RS (FD) '00
3 - Mazda RX-7 Type RZ (FD) '00
4 - Mazda RX-7 Type R Bathurst R (FD) '01
5 - Mazda RX-7 Type RS-R (FD) '97
6 - Mazda RX-8 Concept (Type-II) '01 <--- ME

Finish
1 - Mazda RX-8 Concept (Type-II) '01 <--- ME
3'31.078
2 - Mazda RX-7 GT-X (FC,J) '90
3'31.358
3 - Mazda RX-7 Type RS (FD) '00
3'33.825
4 - Mazda RX-7 Type RZ (FD) '00
3'34.774
5 - Mazda RX-7 Type R Bathurst R (FD) '01
3'36.521
6 - Mazda RX-7 Type RS-R (FD) '97
3'37.739

N3 Tires F/R, Nitrous @ 30, 133 Ballast @ 0, Carbon Driveshaft, Racing Flywheel, 3ple Clutch, No Oil, ~150 miles (13750 spent)

There were a couple of other Opponent lineups that gave me a 200pt race, with slightly more ballast.

I'll have a report on the other 4 races, but if it takes me as long as this one did, then don't hold your breath. (EDIT): I've decided not to use this car, so my test runs are complete...

Have A Great Drive!
RoadHazzard

Last edited:
This posting attempts to add some small improvements over previous postings on this subject. The first 40 NTSC grids were tested, and by diligent work, B-spec Bob was able to diminish horsepower of the Suzuki Alto Lapin down to a puny 55. The 30th grid, consisting of RS-Z, Sport Ltd, MR Wagon Sport and two Cappuccino's yielded 200 A-spec points @ 158kg ballast, and the 29th grid, which swapped an R RR (the sound of laughter?) for the Wagon Sport, gave up 200 points for 180 kg ballast.

NOS @ 100
N1/N3 tires
6.5/9.5
106/106
1/10
1/10
3.0/1.0
-1/+1
3/5
aids 0/0/0
brakes 3/4

Tranny trick with final at 5.000
Ballast +50 to the rear
VCD @ 10

NTSC/USA, PlayStation2, DualShock2, Manual

Japan/Mitsubishi/Evolution Meeting/All Races = 200 points

Driving: Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI RS T.M.E. '00

vs Lineup 1:
N2/N3, 60 Ballast @ 0

vs Lineup 2:
N3/N3, 179 Ballast @ 0

vs Lineup 3:
N3/N3, 185 Ballast @ 0

Worst to first is doable without the bottle. I employed a lot of wallriding and crash-turning, but these races can be won somewhat easily. Tokyo R246 was a close finish, but for the most part the opponents can be handled in a couple of attempts.

I'll have more lineup details after I reload my other gamesave...

Have A Great Drive!
RoadHazzard

Driving: Nissan Micra '03 (0.0 miles, no oil)
Mods: N3, Nitro
Settings: N3/N3, Nitro @ 75, Aids 000, 85 Ballast @ 0

Japan / Nissan / March Brothers / All Races
Lineup: Varies

Ballast may be adjusted for each race, depending on the lineup. The bottle was only necessary for Grand Valley East, as the front straight is way too long to win from worst to first without it. No dirty driving needed.

Have A Great Drive!
RoadHazard

Driving: Toyota VITZ F '99 (used, no oil)
Mods: Chip, Nitro
Settings: S2/S2, Nitro @ 70, Aids 000, 0-20 Ballast @ 0 (depending on lineup)

Japan / Toyota / Vitz Race / All Races
Lineup: varies

This series can be won without the Chip (and without ballast), so using it puts the A-spec total right on the edge of 200 points (again, depending on the lineup). Some dirty driving was employed, but for the most part the races can be won cleanly.

Have A Great Drive!
RoadHazard

For: Japan / Nissan / Silvia Sisters / All Races
Driving: Nissan SILVIA Q's (S13) '91 (Used, 9000+ miles, no oil, 127 SettingsHP)
Mods: Nitrous @ Max, 3ple Clutch, Racing Flywheel, Tires depend on lineup

@ Tsukuba:

vs Lineup #6 (NTSC/USA)
1 240 RS (S100) '83
2 Varietta (S15) '00
3 Q's (S13) '88
4 K's AERO (S14) '93
5 Spec R AERO (S15) '99
-- S1/S2, 175 Ballast

A tough race. The 240RS starts to break away early, but it can be caught at the hairpin just after T1 on Lap 2... It's crucial to punt it into the junk there. With Nitrous @ Max, I only had 2 or 3 bars left at that point, relying on blocking until coming out of the last hairpin on Lap 3. From there, I juiced it and still won with less than a 2 second margin... Lineup #8 (or #10), which allows for S2s on the front, makes things more manageable.

vs Lineup #8 (NTSC/USA)
1 K's Aero (S14) '93
2 240SX (S14) '96
3 SILEIGHTY '98
4 240SX '96
5 Q's Aero (S14) '93
-- S2/S2, 194 Ballast *or* S1/S2, ? Ballast

It took me a while to find a lineup that allowed for the use of S2s F/R, and this one was the first. I bashed my way to the front, using 3 or 4 bars of Nitrous, but after that the race can be won with some good blocking. Better drivers might be able to "finesse" their way into the lead without as much contact... The hairpin into the long straight need not be cut.

@ Special Stage Route 5
vs Lineup #9 (NTSC/USA)
1 CSP311 '65
2 Q's (S13) '91
3 240RS (S100) '83
4 K's (S13) '91
5 240SX (S14) '96
-- N2/N3, 71 Ballast

Plenty of crash-turning and wallriding, and this one was still somewhat close. I could bang my way into the lead by T1 on Lap 1, but the competitors always close the gap by T2. Other lineups might allow for less "dirty" driving, or less Ballast, or better tires... but this is the one I won my 200 points with.

@ Fuji 90s
vs Lineup #10 (NTSC/USA)
1 SILEIGHTY '98
2 Varietta (S15) '00
3 Spec R AERO (S15) '99
4 240RS (S100) '83
5 240SX (S14) '96
-- S2/S2, 15 Ballast👍

A trivial race, but I'm not sure how necessary the final chicane cut is. I'm sure better drivers can win without the lawnmowing (but with some good blocking), as the lead can be taken before that point. If you're patient enough, this lineup can be loaded for the other races (lowest ballast I've found using S2/S2).

OK, hope that helps those who want to do this event with something other than the CSP311. I'm sure the '88 Q's (S13) would also work with similar settings, but the '91 was the only other one I'd be able to use...

Have A Great Drive!
RoadHazard

Have you familiarized yourself with lineup hunting yet? If you're going for max points (are you?) then you need to get accustomed to entering and exiting a bunch. I suspect that's a problem in this case: your lineup(s) either have too many slow cars, bringing down the points and forcing you to de-tune, or you have the fastest AI sitting at the front. I can't offer any specific advice, but I do remember using one of the old Civics, and that these races weren't walkovers. I don't think I drove dirty, but I definitely did need to find good lineups and get in some practice races before winning.

Lol I know what lineup hunting is. I've not tried to hard. The thing about hunting for slower Civics(EG) is that they bring down points. The faster ones (EK and EP) just wipe the floor with me, even if they start at the back. The '83 Civic is useless, honestly. and the '79 doesnt work well either

And I'm definitely going for max points

Another money saver.. This series can be won EASILY with much less than is suggested in the 2nd post. I swept this event with the Triple-Plate Clutch and Nitrous equipped, but I'm not going to bother testing whether either can be dropped (I felt these mods necessary for the other events in which I drove this car)... I'm confident (some) others can, if/when they try.

For: Japan / Subaru / Stars of Pleiades / All Races (as a championship)
Vs Lineup #1 (NTSC/USA)

Driving: Subaru IMPREZA Coupe 22B-STi Version (GC) '98 (used, no oil)
Mods: N3 Tires, Nitrous, Triple-Plate Clutch
Settings: N3/N3; 266 SettingsHP; Nitrous @ 40 (default); Triple-Plate Clutch; 105 Ballast @ 0

After qualifying P1 for all races, The toughest is probably Tsukuba. Judicious use of Nitrous out of the corners makes this one easy, but good blocking would probably suffice. All other races can be won with very little use of the bottle (some with none at all).

Have A Great Drive!
RoadHazard

Thanks to Dotini for the Civic setup 👍,the Civic races are now done.

I still need to do the Copen race at Motorland, a track which I hate and hope doesn't make it to GT5 :grumpy: . Thanks for the video, Austin343 👍 will see what I can do about that race. Closest I've come is 2 seconds behind the race winner. Only need to do the Copen race, and the Suzuki races under the Japanese showroom events

Copens at Motorland:

Suzuki Concepts at Tsukuba:

Thanks a lot.

For some time I left the challenge, since I had no clue how to do most of my races, but after noticing this post I got to check your Youtube vid list and it seams like you have vids for the 5 I'm still missing, so I will probably try again when I have time, since a vid helps a lot to know what to do in those races.

But then I will have to sharp my skills a bit more again, since I almost quit playing GT4 when I stop the challenge (that was 1 year and half ago...)

Still good to see that someone made vids for the challenge hardest races, making it easier to everyone who may need help in how to drive.

You're welcome, Han. :) Nice to see you here again, too. Your writeups definitely helped me get to where I am now. 👍 As for the videos... the Hyundai races are the ones where I think a video will help most, because the strategy (where to shortcut, where to wallride, where to ram AI, where to ride AI) needs to be very precise in order to win. But the GTi cup at Paris, Saleen at Suzuka, and Suzuki at Tsukuba are not nearly as "perfect" in their execution. My driving could improve a lot in those races and make them look much better, for example not letting the GSX-R/4s ever pass me back in the Concepts race, and since you can learn fairly little besides precise strategy from videos, I'm not sure how much they will be able to help. And the Saleen race in particular may be easier on NTSC, for some unknown reason. Still, good luck getting those last few points. And after your break from GT4, it would also be a good idea to do some practice to get good at the game again, before you try to finish these last stressful points. 👍

Ya, I still come here sometimes (specially for info in GT5), but rarely to this sub-board and always I came here I find myself thinking of how close I'm to finish this...

Still training isn't a problem, I started some time ago (3 or 4 months) a new file where I was aiming for Max possible (not the magic number, but still high) A-spec pts, no B-spec, Minimal game days/car buys, all gold file... I was only doing licenses at the necessary rate (only got the A license) and got a Midget II as my 1st car, always avoiding all upgrades other then N grade tires if needed (since are free) and Nitrous, got about 15% done and over 20.000pts (0pts missing as of now), but then stop it, so I have an excuse to force it a bit more, and since I need to buy a Pick Up and am relatively short in cars to use, I don't mind of using the Dodge Ram, since it's the only way to get some massive number of 200pts races in this challenge...

So if I can put myself into it and with some good visual help (Hell I for 1 time lost the Hyundai Tsukuba race in the last turn....), so that visual help is nice and in some way I hope to give me the confidence I was laking when I gave up. The only bad thing is that I have to wear the Polo again....

And by the way, what tuning setups did you used? the ones posted or something special?

That's a pretty ambitious game save! I sort of wish now that I had started a new one for the A-Spec points and left my old 100% one alone.

I used the setups posted when the races were particularly difficult, because I can't tune at all. I used jbrennen's setup for the Copen race, RJV's for the Hyundai races (except with ballast at 50 instead of -35 at Autumn Ring), and AMG.'s for the GTi race. I also think I used a setup posted here for Suzuki Concepts, but I'm not sure about that one. I think I left the Saleen at default settings, but it could be improved with a good setup, I'm sure.

Ok, then now I have almost everything I need to try again (only need some free time... but the 1st round of exams end next Monday.)

And ya, that Copen setup is really great (I slightly modified it to adapt it the Polo and Mini ONE and where able to give my some hard wins, but not all in the Polo case).

We will see what I can do about my last pts. And yes, this new file is ambitious, but I know I will never try to finish it, still 100K-105K A-spec pts are possible, since my biggest downside is that I can use some great cars ('62 Skyline Coupe...) or wear the engines, or get some cars to get max pts (like in the M Club, since I can win some M cars I will not buy the M Coupe, and so not getting full pts there), and also can't wear the engines (but then I really don't like to have to do all that work, even in B-spec...) and for sure I will hardly be able to spend money in all those parts that don't change the points, since for a lot of the cases I can win without handling improvements, or shorter gear boxes.

For: Japan / Mitsubishi / Mirage Cup / All Races (as a Championship)
vs Lineup #7 (NTSC/USA)
(4 CYBORGs, 1 1400)

Driving: Mitsubishi MIRAGE 1400GLX '78 (0.0 miles)
Mods: NA1, Nitrous, Triple-plate Clutch, Racing Flywheel
Settings: S2/S2; NA1 (99 SettingsHP); Nitrous @ 85; Triple-plate Clutch; Racing Flywheel; 0 Ballast

Qualifying isn't necessary, unless you don't want to bash your way into P1. Other than that, all races can be won cleanly.

Have A Great Drive!
RoadHazard

Last edited:
Suzuki K-Car Cup - for 200 A-spec points

I just knocked off all three Suzuki K-Car Cup races for 200 points.

Very tough races at Autumn Ring Mini and Motorland.

This posting attempts to add some small improvements over previous postings on this subject. The first 40 NTSC grids were tested, and by diligent work, B-spec Bob was able to diminish horsepower of the Suzuki Alto Lapin down to a puny 55. The 30th grid, consisting of RS-Z, Sport Ltd, MR Wagon Sport and two Cappuccino's yielded 200 A-spec points @ 158kg ballast, and the 29th grid, which swapped an R RR (the sound of laughter?) for the Wagon Sport, gave up 200 points for 180 kg ballast.

NOS @ 100
N1/N3 tires
6.5/9.5
106/106
1/10
1/10
3.0/1.0
-1/+1
3/5
aids 0/0/0
brakes 3/4

Tranny trick with final at 5.000
Ballast +50 to the rear
VCD @ 10

I used Dotini's settings which are quoted above, which are very good. Thanks Dotini.👍

I added a little more rear brake bias, and more positive toe in the rear (+3), though I don't know if it made a difference.

There seem to be three lineups that cough up 200 points. The two that Dotini mentions above, and one that Route_66 beat which was as follows: Suzuki Kei Works '02, Suzuki Alto Works Sport Ltd, Suzuki Alto Works RS-Z '97, Suzuki Cappuccino EA21R '95, Suzuki Cappuccino EA11R '91. This lineup only required 146kg of ballast. I was able to beat this lineup for 195 A-spec points. However, for my 200 point wins, I switched lineups and ran against Dotini's lineup # 1 at Autumn Ring Mini and against Dotini's lineup # 2 at Motorland. The Motorland race was not as bad as expected because the lineup had the Suzuki Wagon RRR '98 in first place and it held up all the other cars until I was able to get by it myself.:)

The reason I switched lineups was that my version of Route_66's lineup had the Suzuki Kei Works in first. While the Kei Works is not as fast at the Cappuccinos, its not slow either and it does not hold up the rest of the field.

GTsail290

Mitsubishi Evo Meeting

Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution '92 (used)

No oil change
NOS
Turbo Stage 1
S1 Tires
Max Ballast

Brake Balance 11/7
Full Customizeable Transmission (change final gear depending on track)
Triple Plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel

Basically not that hard. You could go without the Stage 1 turbo and race on Medium tires or with less ballast. However I prefer this setup as it better suits my style of driving.

Mitsubishi Mirage Cup

Although the 2nd post claims you should a Mirage Cyborg, I had hard times using that car, so I tried the 1400 GLX.
I used all non-power upgrades. Further only a racing exhaust. Easy to win in my opinion.

Another 1600 points in the bag. On to Club M.

Back