One Make Races - Japan

• Thread starter daan
  • 148 comments
Suzuki Concepts - 200 points at Tsukuba and Seattle

Car : Suzuki Concept S-2
Against line up with Concept on 1st and 4 GSX. ( line up 8 or 9 )

Both took many attempts and playing around with the settings but got there in the end.
Settings for Tsukuba :
NOS @ 100
N3/N3 tyres
Suspension :
14.3/14.3
86/86
7/10
7/10
2.5/1.5
0/-4
1/7

Aids : 0/0/3
Brake Controller : 4/7

Gears: Set Final to 4.529 then Auto to 4

LSD : 20/30/5

Ballast : 98
-50 ( to the front )

Settings for Seattle :
As Tsukuba with a few differences :
Gears : Set Final to 4.529 then Auto to 5
NOS @ 80

Happy racing,

nige

I start to think that my skills are kind of stupid or something... well after that crazy thing in Nurb and me finding the Roadster a Fun and not extremely hard race, now in Seattle in the Suzuki Concept (that from what I heard it's hard even in N3 tires...)

So I took a brand new Concept S-2 and wear it's engine to 165hp (car settings screen) and with only 8850Km (actually bit under that number, I think it was 8845Km or so).

So here the setup:
N3/N3 tires
Nitrous [100]
138 Ballast [50 in the front]
all the usual non-power, non-weight mods
No Aids

No other tuning was done.

Against lineup with 4 GSX-R/4 and 1 Concept S-2 in the 1st (It took me about 30 minutes to find the line up, opposed to the 9/10 lineup of nige), and it's really needed the S-2 in 1st other way is impossible.

I won this race yesterday in my first try with this setup (but it was after a lot of searching and testing, and I also had other setup that was worst, so it wasn't 100% in my win ratio, so I reset and retry, but for some reason I entered the race before finding the lineup and was to late to try to find the line up again).

So today I tried to get the lineup again and in my 1st try I won this again (but instead of my MOV of 0.4 that I got yesterday I won this by 1.795... this fur sure isn't near has hard has I was thinking).

But this only means more 6pts for me, since I had already done this with the GSX-R/4 for 194pts (but it's 1 more out of the way, 7 to go, and still have Tsukuba to do in this even, but that's other story and harder from what I heard, but I still have to work on it, since I barely tried that race).

I won this race yesterday in my first try with this setup

First try and won the race? You make it sound so easy indeed...:odd: Seattle and Tsukuba were among the toughest 200pts to win for me and both of the races took alot tries before I managed wins. Great work there. 👍

:grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy:, I hate you, you make it sound so simple.

just kidding :D but I do envy you.

AMG.

First try and won the race? You make it sound so easy indeed...:odd: Seattle and Tsukuba were among the toughest 200pts to win for me and both of the races took alot tries before I managed wins. Great work there. 👍

Well maybe it was easy for me, but remember that I said with that setup (I spent about 30 minutes- 1 hour testing other setups so I knew where to overtake when I tested this setup, so that made things much easier).

And the boring thing was then when I went for the final win it took my a lot more time to get the lineup then to win the race (30 minutes to find the lineup for a under 4 minutes race...)

And the Vash you are the one with max A-spec not me...

And both of you already won the GTi Cup Opera and S7 Club Suzuka, and I still don't have any clue in how to win those (has well has Tsukuba in this and in the Hyundai, AR in the Hyundai). Those are my final 5 1-make and I really can't handle those cars in those tracks (but then Opera isn't 1 of my best track as well as AR and Suzuka, and Tsukuba is just that not a easy place), the other 2 races are both in Sarthe (that I also don't like to much), but 1 is easy (Sarthe 24hours), and the other I still need to work on it since I only tried 1 or 2 times (Sarthe 1000 Miles! race).

So ya, some of those that where hard for you where easy for me, but then some that where easy for you (specially the GTi Cup, since I can't find any in-depth info) and are a pain for me.

I think it's just our driving styles that are to different.

And both of you already won the GTi Cup Opera and S7 Club
Re-reading your post.....
I only won the GTi club :) , still have to finish the S7 :scared: Suz & Inf.

(specially the GTi Cup, since I can't find any in-depth info) and are a pain for me.

(my) PAL Lineup #11 slowest car - fastest car
Polo Lupo 76 IV V
Polo GTI 9000mls
N1
88 ballast
NOS
92mm
5/5
8/8
toe 0,-3
rest of Suspension default.
Lots of retries

Hope this helps.

AMG.

Thanks.

I will try that (and for some reason that line up isn't the number 11 for me...)

And I will have to wear other Polo to use that setup (I was with some problems in Midfield and found out that I could add some power and ballast and did it, unfortunately the way to put that power in was a Port Polish so I now can't return it to the lower power).

And lately I didn't tried any race (I got Dragon Quest VIII and have being playing it, since I'm a GT player and also a RPG player), this is what will slow me down, since I'm playing it now and I'm trying to get God of War 2.

Micra Brothers - 200 points all races

I know it is in the second post of this thread but here are a few details.
Car : Nissan Micra '03
All non power mods + Gears set to 2 + N3/N3 tyres + 150 ballast + NOS set to 70.

These races are very easy 200 pointers.

nige

Thanks for the detail nige... my addition would be start at suzuka, then GV, then finish with autumn mini. I managed to pick up a couple losses at autumn figuring out how to drive the car - no such problems on the other two.

Something I read elsewhere but don't see posted on this thread - just verified but sadly not my idea:
Evolution Meeting - EASY 200 pointers
Pajero Evo Rally Raid '03 - auto 5, max NOS, S3, 90 ballast

Edit: Found what (I think) is the origin of this one - ANK posted it in the locked 200 point race thread. Kudos to him.

Hi guys,

I'm trying to get 144 points in the Subaru 360 race but impossible to do so. I used the car (more than 10000 miles --> 15 hp) with max ballast + N1 and it gives me only 133 points even without changing the oil... So I tried again to use another Subaru 360 and it gave me the same... :guilty: I don't know what to do, any advice guys??? Thanks in advance

Hi guys,

I'm trying to get 144 points in the Subaru 360 race but impossible to do so. I used the car (more than 10000 miles --> 15 hp) with max ballast + N1 and it gives me only 133 points even without changing the oil... So I tried again to use another Subaru 360 and it gave me the same... :guilty: I don't know what to do, any advice guys??? Thanks in advance

Have just checked for you - Inorder to get 144 points you need the car at 14bhp ( in your garage screen ) plus 200 ballast and old oil ( mine has done > 12K ) and N1/N3 tyres. Hope that helps.

nige

Thanks for that nige !! I think it's a problem of settings since I still have 15 hp after 10000 miles. So now I'm trying to use the car whitout using the turbo evolution and C1 tyres and adding 200 ballast in order to see what happen... I let you know ASAP...

Thanks for that nige !! I think it's a problem of settings since I still have 15 hp after 10000 miles. So now I'm trying to use the car whitout using the turbo evolution and C1 tyres and adding 200 ballast in order to see what happen... I let you know ASAP...

Julian, adding ballast or N1 tyres isnt going to help. Just leave it on the S2 tyres but change gearing so it redlines as much as possible. See post #2 in any of these threads. Eventually it will come down in hp.
You'll need to experiment that in A spec before you let Bspec take over.

AMG.

Thanks AMG, I just read #2 and I don't fully understand it !! 2 questions:

What does "redlines" mean exactely?
Shall I set up the gear to 25 when using the car on Test track oval? Is it what you suggest?

thanks in advance for your help :)

Thanks AMG, I just read #2 and I don't fully understand it !! 2 questions:

What does "redlines" mean exactely?
Shall I set up the gear to 25 when using the car on Test track oval? Is it what you suggest?

thanks in advance for your help :)

Run the car in A-Spec at the test track. Change the Auto gear so that the Rev Counter hits the red line in 6th gear or whichever gear is the highest when you are going down the straight. You may need to experiment to find this out. Then the engine will wear down quicker to the hp you need. Hope this makes sense.

nige

Thanks again nige 👍 I just realised that my gear was set up at 1... Yeah I know... no comment :dopey: I assume that setting it at 25 would be better...

Thanks again nige 👍 I just realised that my gear was set up at 1... Yeah I know... no comment :dopey: I assume that setting it at 25 would be better...

You will probably need an Auto Gear setting of 3 or 4. Good luck with that and those remaining points.👍

nige

1 is no good because it will hit the red line and bounce back (due to rev limiter). 25 is no good because it will never reach the red line. You need to find the transmission setting that will allow it to run so that it stays in the red line for the longest period. Try different settings and watch what happens with the tacho.

This post is to any of you who may be encountering persistent problems wearing down the Copen to 111/57 HP. Particularly if you are playing a NA ver. of the game

Please refer to Posts#162, 163, and 164 in the General Discussion thread.

Micra Brothers - 200 points all races

I know it is in the second post of this thread but here are a few details.
Car : Nissan Micra '03
All non power mods + Gears set to 2 + N3/N3 tyres + 150 ballast + NOS set to 70.

These races are very easy 200 pointers.

nige

Just to emphasise how easy these races are, I very quickly ran them all for 200 points. What surprised me was that I did so in a previously tuned Nissan March G# with stage 2 Weight Reduction & Port/Polish. I just threw on some N3's and 50 Ballast over the front wheels.

Nissan Club "Z"
A used Nissan Fairlady 2000 (sr311) ’68, no oil change, S1 tyres max ballast.
Nissan 240ZG (HS30), S2, ballast depending on lineup. Lineups with lots of 300Zxxx’ s give better points.

Are you sure about this? My low mileage 240ZG with N2's isn't even getting me 200 points with maximum ballast!

Are you sure about this? My low mileage 240ZG with N2's isn't even getting me 200 points with maximum ballast!

I'm pretty sure of my own stats, but it was over a yr ago I actually completed these races. I'll check again after I return from holidays & the "Ocho". So bear with me. Should I forget please PM me!

AMG.

Well after periodically checking back here for new info on that stupid Copen, and finally finding some, thanks to W, and SuperCobraJet, I have decided to try and wrap up these 6 points i need for those 3 races, and of course, get the 200 from Sarthe II, which oughta be gravy. The last Copen I tried to wear down has 60 miles shy of 20,000 miles on it, and of course, it's only offering 164 points. So now, I'm going to use those tips the aforementioned people used. I did pop the game in today and let it run up to around 20,800 miles, still only 58 horsepower, but it did however drop 1 hp while the power upgrades were installed. It was 113, and is now 112 while the stage 3 turbo, racing intercooler, racing exhaust, and the best chip option (I believe on this car it's only a sports). But oddly, with those things removed, it's still only 58 hp. I then let the B-Spec run again, I just got back from checking it, and my PS2 decided to be a piece of crap and lock up while I was backing out of the race to go check the hp. Needless to say, I had to reset, wasting 12 hours it ran, 4 real hours. But I took the PS2 apart, cleaned the laser and is going again. I'm just gonna let it run til tomorrow afternoon and see how it does. I hope it finally gets it. Thanks again you 2 for this help.

Well after periodically checking back here for new info on that stupid Copen, and finally finding some, thanks to W, and SuperCobraJet, I have decided to try and wrap up these 6 points i need for those 3 races, and of course, get the 200 from Sarthe II, which oughta be gravy. The last Copen I tried to wear down has 60 miles shy of 20,000 miles on it, and of course, it's only offering 164 points. So now, I'm going to use those tips the aforementioned people used. I did pop the game in today and let it run up to around 20,800 miles, still only 58 horsepower, but it did however drop 1 hp while the power upgrades were installed. It was 113, and is now 112 while the stage 3 turbo, racing intercooler, racing exhaust, and the best chip option (I believe on this car it's only a sports). But oddly, with those things removed, it's still only 58 hp. I then let the B-Spec run again, I just got back from checking it, and my PS2 decided to be a piece of crap and lock up while I was backing out of the race to go check the hp. Needless to say, I had to reset, wasting 12 hours it ran, 4 real hours. But I took the PS2 apart, cleaned the laser and is going again. I'm just gonna let it run til tomorrow afternoon and see how it does. I hope it finally gets it. Thanks again you 2 for this help.

Hope you get that last 1 hp so you can finish up the rest of those max pts. Looks like its working since it dropped from 113 to 112.

I have to clean the laser lens on my PS2 every few months too, when it won't boot up the game.Then it will work fine. All it takes is a microscopic particle on that lens and it won't read.

Well I woke up this morning, eager to see if the Copen had been worn down enough, and it did. FINALLY!!! With 24,888 miles on it. So now I'm trying to get back in my racing groove which is terrible right now, cause I haven't touched this game in forever. I did get the 166 at Tsukuba fairly easy. But this Motorland, phew, quite a pain in the tail. But I'll stick with it, and hopefully get these last few points I need. Thanks again for the help.

But this Motorland, phew, quite a pain in the tail.

Read my post #17 in this thread, if you haven't tried those settings already...

That race was really tough, and as I remember, it was crucial to have an Active Top Copen on the pole -- if there was a Detachable Top on the pole, I don't think I ever got close enough to the leader to even tap him much less pass him.

166 pts. each on the Copen done!!! Motorland was a pain, finally got it. Autumn Ring was easy, 2nd try. I'll post my setups and race report later.

Nissan Race of the Red "R" Emblem

200 points with a Nissan Skyline GTS-T Type M '91 on S2 with Stage 1, no chip; standard exhaust, old oil, NOS and 23 balast. Also a lot of non power mods and I used the tranny trick.
It was against line-up #3 (NA version) with:
GT-R Vspec II '94
HT 2000 RS-X Turbo C '84
GT-R '97
GT-R '91
GT-R M-spec '01
(only line-up I could find without a car from '73 or '70; those bring down the points)

I admit the use of NOS but a better driver can easily do it without. :dunce:

Obviously not ground-breaking news, but accept it as my attempt of paying back for all the valuabe information I found here for my journey through GT4.

The '200pt A-Spec Races' folder rocks!

This post is to any of you who may be encountering persistent problems wearing down the Copen to 111/57 HP. Particularly if you are playing a NA ver. of the game

Please refer to Posts#162, 163, and 164 in the General Discussion thread.

I joined the forum just to thank you an -W- for posting this. I had given up on completing max points and abondoned the game almost a year ago. It does work. Only 60 points left.

Back