One Make Trackday Meeting; Saturday - 600PP (PAL & NTSC)

• Thread starter Timppaq
  • 80 comments
Hi,

Little modification done to 1st post. Also changed the name, I hope this doesn´t confuse anyone too much!! Just tried to make this more attractive.. :sly:

And I also hope that someone correct me on the topic, if needed. Is "one make" proper language...? Thanks!!

-Timppaq

(Now I freeze the name, I promise!!!)

edit: edited 1st post to make it a little less goofy... :lol:

Hi everyone,

This is my first post. I found you guys through the GranTurismoWorld forum.

I've been in many races with GTP_ drivers and I'm really impressed by the standard of driving, as well as the level of etiquette. It makes online racing so much more satisfying than playing the AI. Big respect to you all for that.

My PSN name is TwistedNavigator, and I'd be delighted to join you on Saturday for the 147 racing. So if you see me there, please don't think I'm gatecrashing, I'm a big fan of doorhandle racing, and you guys clearly know how to do it properly.

I'm sure you all know it, but I recently downloaded the Tuning Guide from GT Vault and it's been a huge help in understanding setups.

Cheers everyone, and happy racing.

Hi everyone,

This is my first post. I found you guys through the GranTurismoWorld forum.

I've been in many races with GTP_ drivers and I'm really impressed by the standard of driving, as well as the level of etiquette. It makes online racing so much more satisfying than playing the AI. Big respect to you all for that.

My PSN name is TwistedNavigator, and I'd be delighted to join you on Saturday for the 147 racing. So if you see me there, please don't think I'm gatecrashing, I'm a big fan of doorhandle racing, and you guys clearly know how to do it properly.

I'm sure you all know it, but I recently downloaded the Tuning Guide from GT Vault and it's been a huge help in understanding setups.

Cheers everyone, and happy racing.

Hi there, mate!

Nice to see you here, and welcome!! For the event, everyone is welcomed to join in. No need to be GTP_tagged!!! 👍 The more the merrier. :) ---> :dopey:

-Timppaq

Thanks, that's very kind. Looking forward to Saturday - will be working on my setup.

Depending on what tomorrow's update gives us, I'd be interested in 600PP Mazda racing - RX7s and RX8s. Any takers?

Thanks, that's very kind. Looking forward to Saturday - will be working on my setup.

Depending on what tomorrow's update gives us, I'd be interested in 600PP Mazda racing - RX7s and RX8s. Any takers?

Remember also to check out the Swift Cup -thread, if need more instant action ;)
Let´s see what tomorrow brigs... :) After that it´s possible to create a similar thread to this, but for 650pp / 750pp or whatever there is available... (private rooms?)

But we´ll see how popular this thing becomes...

-------------------
(I don´t dare to double post, so...)

I know this is a bit early to ask, but COULD I HEAR SOME COMMENTS, should there be same kind of event for the bigger classes? Mods? anyone?
Would it be too much? Or would it be more interesting, even?

-Timppaq

The more the events the merrier.

I don't see a problem with the same kind of event for the higher PP classes.
It gives people more choice.

On a personal note. I've got kind of addicted to the 500pp so other events would help drag me out of there. And sample the delights of higher powered cars :nervous:

What will tomorrow bring? :nervous:

I have to say that I've just been using the 147 on Suzuka with The Lion's Den setup, and it is absolutely fantastic. The car feels like a really firm sponge pudding. This may not sound like a compliment but seriously, it's mildy elastic but totally planted, you can turn into a fast corner whilst still on the brakes without the rear end sliding out, just like a sponge pudding - wait, that's not right.

Seriously, try this setup; nd4 holden spd, I salute you! 👍

I'm off now to see what else you guys have cooked up.

I thought I was beginning to understand this suspension thing, and then this setup comes along which has thrown it all out of the window - so much to learn :crazy:

Hi kosketi81

Could you please put me down for this one too?

I noted that you have already said that we don't have to be at every race, but just to let you know that I work shifts, so I won't be able to attend every race, but will try my best to make them all!

Many thanks & thanks for organising these events!

Kind regards

Hi kosketi81

Could you please put me down for this one too?

I noted that you have already said that we don't have to be at every race, but just to let you know that I work shifts, so I won't be able to attend every race, but will try my best to make them all!

Many thanks & thanks for organising these events!

Kind regards

Done! 👍 And your welcome, I do this for me also, so it´s a pleasure... :)
Have to see what the update means for this event, as soon as I get home...

-Timppaq

@Timppaq, I'm guessing the Alfa 147 may become ruined much like the Swift has:ill:

Sticking to 500pp, you may want to try the better cars in this class (Audi TT, Alfa Brera:sly:, BMW Z4, Clio V6)

@Timppaq, I'm guessing the Alfa 147 may become ruined much like the Swift has:ill:

Sticking to 500pp, you may want to try the better cars in this class (Audi TT, Alfa Brera:sly:, BMW Z4, Clio V6)

I´m at work at the moment... I´ll get back to it as soon as I have the time!!! :)

Good idea about using different cars:tup:

500pp races weren't very popular last night. The biggest race I found was 3 people:nervous: I'll be sporting the RX-8, great car especially round the esses:sly:

Good idea about using different cars:tup:

500pp races weren't very popular last night. The biggest race I found was 3 people:nervous: I'll be sporting he RX-8, great car especially round the esses:sly:

Might be my choice as well... for a start. :) It´s looking like not too many people are coming from here, so we may all want to go at the same time (xx:00). But hopefully there will be lots of people coming at the last minute... 👍 I´m sure we´ll get good races out of it anyways.. :dopey:

-Timppaq

Just had my arse whipped a couple of times by "GTP_2Fast4Stig" in a Mini - nice driving that man. :cheers:

Might I suggest a Cooper Cup for the next event. I've not driven one yet, but I keep getting beaten by them so might as well join them, as the saying goes. Anyone?

See you on the grid tomorrow :D

I´m sorry guys, seems like I won´t be able to make it...:indiff: Hope you have fun time anyways... 👍

..damn girlfriends! :lol:

Just had my arse whipped a couple of times by "GTP_2Fast4Stig" in a Mini - nice driving that man. :cheers:

See you on the grid tomorrow :D

Thanks TwistedNav, It's a completely different car on N tyres, but I've managed to make a good setup for my driving style. Hope to race you again!

Love the standing starts at Suzuka! Struggling to get off the grid with the Mini and seeing all the 4WD cars flashing by with their "rocketstarts". :)

Had a few good races this morning with TwistedNav and GTP_nige sorry about the mix up in the last race. Hope to have a few more good races in the future.

Not sure what happened but couldn't get onto the server at the allotted time. Did manage to go a few rounds with GTP_Dollaghan and GTP_nige. Good racing guys :cheers:

Tyre restrictions really do make such a difference to setup, don't they? It's even more of a minefield now than it was before. Has been causing me no end of headaches and frustration. Going to be interesting to see what the Tuning boys come up with for the Viper challenge.

👍

Hi Timpaq,

Please update the firstpost again ;)

If you will, then please sign me up for saturday in the 430 on PAL

(pal, isn't that a color coding system that was used last millenium in counties that use a 50Hz powergrid unsuitable for NTSC. Using large vacuum tubes with an electrone-cannon to fire electrons onto a fosfor coated backplane of glass?)

I'll check back for the group and stuff.

-And, thanks for the tip in the other thread, please do remember my request for a 512BB make race ;)

Back