Ongoing PSN outages

Status
Not open for further replies.
NO!!!!!!! HOLY ****. :dopey:

Actually, i'm glad in a way PSN is down, is giving me more time to play some of the psone classics I bought off PSN recently. Just polished off Medal Of Honor last night. :D

Pity we haven't got the PSOne classics the US store has. Give us Dino Crisis 1 and 2 SCEE!

atiger
lol. It did to. Red again now. It might be a positive sign that PSN's not to far away from rebooting.

Possibly, but I'm no going to hold my breath. You had me so excited too! I was about to put together my ghetto sim rig and everything!

I don't care how you slice it Toronado we DO pay for psn. All your mincing is meaningless and still wrong.

If there was no psn do you think the games released would have so little offline playability? If so would you still buy them? Everone is buying ps3 games with the assumption they can play them on the psn at no additional cost.

Hmmm I'm not getting into the meat of your argument here, that's between you two. However, I played GT5 for various months before even attempting online play. Granted it's opened a new world for me with the game, but I think if a game gives me multiple months of gameplay then in my opinion it was worth the 50 bucks even without online capabilities. I think as consumers we each place our own value on different aspects of games, and I don't really think PD skipped out on offline content. The only real reason I think online play is appealing is because the AI suck and real humans are challenging to play against. But the AI have sucked since the beginning. They drive one line exceptionally well, and if you have an ounce of checkered flag in you and your car is competitive you'll win.

Still, my argument would be (only for this particular post) that the games aren't geared towards online play. At least in the case of GT5. Just my opinion, and as we know opinions will vary.

I can also name multiple up-and-coming games that I would buy with absolutely no intention of using them online as a primary source of fun: dead space 2 and mortal kombat among them.

Additionally, I actually own ps1 games in (gasp) cd format. Yes. I'm that old.

Last edited:
I don't care how you slice it Toronado we DO pay for psn.
Yes we do. Indirectly, in the same we we pay for everything Sony does. By purchasing things from Sony, the profits of which they spend however they desire.

Not in a way that warrants the bitching or demands in this thread, and nothing at all like people who own 360s pay for XBL. Sony takes the hit on their end rather than passing it off onto the consumer. The fact of the matter is that PSN is for all intents and purposes free to PS3/PSP owners, because the prices of PS3 games and peripherals wouldn't be any different if PSN costs were separate and subscription-based. XBox 360 games costing the same as PS3 games despite the separate XBL charge proves this.

All your mincing is meaningless and still wrong.
A reason would be nice. I've attempted to explain the situation the best I can. You've made no effort to make it look like you've paid any attention to it.

If there was no psn do you think the games released would have so little offline playability? If so would you still buy them? Everone is buying ps3 games with the assumption they can play them on the psn at no additional cost.
I'm not sure I understand the relevance of this.

I've tried logging on so many times in the last ten minutes, sony changed my maintenance message to "Playstation Network is currently undergoing maintenance. What part of that don't you get? If you don't stop messing around with the sign in feature, we're sending translatorsan to your house to beat you to death with a playstation move controller. You've been warned......MUAHAHAHAHA!"

grrr i wish the US site that that green light red light thingy

It makes me think that there's a secret hack war where sony turns on their servers just to see what happens, then they quickly type code back and forth between the hackers, trying to shut them out, and John Travolta is there also. No? ok.

Not relevant to PSN, unlikely that it will happen, and it hasn't even been confirmed that Anon did it in the first place.

Yeah, agreed. Just posting the link for the OP :)

On a totally irrelevant note, I decided to open up my coin tin. $124 in Aussie silver currency after 6 months. Off to the bank Wednesday after the holiday w/end!

Tower Turn 13
It makes me think that there's a secret hack war where sony turns on their servers just to see what happens, then they quickly type code back and forth between the hackers, trying to shut them out, and John Travolta is there also. No? ok.

What? No, Charlie Sheen.

And he is WINNING

But anyway, about this 'green light', did anyone try to log onto PSN and did anyone succeed?
Yes I tried, and zero success. Same old message.
NA
That's what's happening. Sheen hit Sony with a violent torpedo of truth, and all the techs walked out in protest.
Tiger blood is the key!

On a totally irrelevant note, I decided to open up my coin tin. $124 in Aussie silver currency after 6 months. Off to the bank Wednesday after the holiday w/end!

That, sir, is the hidden cost of PSN.

Come on that's at least kinda funny.

That, sir, is the hidden cost of PSN.

Come on that's at least kinda funny.
Gotta do something while I grind B-Spec the old fashioned way. I think this Laguna Seca, once done, will mean I have my first lvl 40 driver! Been 40 in B-Spec for about 2 weeks now :dunce:

I'm actually kind of curious what the situation was this time. It probably wasn't another Anon attack, because (among other things) I can't imagine Sony would take such drastic steps as to shut down all the PSN servers to defend against a bunch of losers running DDoS scripts.

I can't keep refreshing this thread and writing ridiculous crap. I can't do it. Good night to you all.

By the way my brother said of Anonymous: "I know who those virgins are. I don't mess with that. Some of them are pedophiles and should be in jail." WTF and I'll leave you with that.

I'm actually kind of curious what the situation was this time. It probably wasn't another Anon attack, because (among other things) I can't imagine Sony would take such drastic steps as to shut down all the PSN servers to defend against a bunch of losers running DDoS scripts.

Plus Anon even released an announcement saying that For Once They Didn't Do It.

Ding ding ding.

I'm two seasonals behind. I could care less besides that.

I managed to get the current one before I lost connection. I think I'd have been happier not having the chance to race them before losing PSN. Definitely makes the withdrawl worse when you've had a good taste of the goods before the fact. :ill:

Sorry. We injected some tiger blood into it. Either that or Adonis DNA.
Grand Master Warlock tiger blood nonetheless.
NA
I managed to get the current one before I lost connection. I think I'd have been happier not having the chance to race them before losing PSN. Definitely makes the withdrawl worse when you've had a good taste of the goods before the fact. :ill:
So the muscle car seasonal is good then? :P

Subjective of course, so opinions may vary, but it's one of my favorites so far. Made a little over 1 mil in credits doing 10 5 lap races to boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back