Ongoing PSN outages

Status
Not open for further replies.
What does legality have to do with the actual situation? That's why companies employ lawyers, my job if you must know, was to overlook my company's interests in Scotland, as in I would oversee very one of my employers branches in my designated region and deliver reports with my fellow regional directors to our superiors. You tend to learn a fair bit about company finance in a position like that. especially about where money goes.
You keep going back to this. :lol:

You do not have to be a lawyer, it is very, very simple. Yes, we all assume that we pay into PSN, indirectly. However, if you want to make a claim that you paid for the PSN, you must have some sort of paper(or digital) trail, like a receipt, contract, etc. Because without it, no, you didn't pay for it.

a6m5

You do not have to be a lawyer, it is very, very simple. Yes, we all assume that we pay into PSN, indirectly. However, if you want to make a claim that you paid for the PSN, you must have some sort of paper(or digital) trail, like a receipt, contract, etc. Because without it, no, you didn't pay for it.

Please don't go back to this!

I don't believe I'm spamming. If you think I am, you should report me.

Wait, don't do it.

;)

I wouldn't say spam. It's just not going anywhere is all, so why just repeat it over and over?:)

a6m5
I don't believe I'm spamming. If you think I am, you should report me.

Wait, don't do it.

;)

I didn't say you were spamming, sorry if it came across that way. I was just saying that because that whole paying for PSN argument got really annoying.

NA
Subjective of course, so opinions may vary, but it's one of my favorites so far. Made a little over 1 mil in credits doing 10 5 lap races to boot.

Now I am looking forward to it even more :drool:

Yes we do. Indirectly, in the same we we pay for everything Sony does. By purchasing things from Sony, the profits of which they spend however they desire.

They spend however they think will further the companies success, in this case it's providing psn. You are just arguing semantics here really in some hopes of sounding smart.

Not in a way that warrants the bitching or demands in this thread, and nothing at all like people who own 360s pay for XBL. Sony takes the hit on their end rather than passing it off onto the consumer. The fact of the matter is that PSN is for all intents and purposes free to PS3/PSP owners, because the prices of PS3 games and peripherals wouldn't be any different if PSN costs were separate and subscription-based. XBox 360 games costing the same as PS3 games despite the separate XBL charge proves this.[/font][/color][/b]

This still has nothing to do with xbox, why you keep thinking it does I cannot understand. What is the cost of the xbox service? $60.00 a year? If so that would be what 15 cents a day? Ok, that is not free then.(If I'm wrong about the cost I apologise as I don't know the figures) I'll cost compare the same game on cross platform and see what the difference is if it makes you happy.

A reason would be nice. I've attempted to explain the situation the best I can. You've made no effort to make it look like you've paid any attention to it.

I've made no effort to make it look like I've paid any attention to the situation? What? Maybe you mean I've not considered your point of view? I have, I've read all your posts and what I get out of it is you are tired of people complaining that the psn is down. Their complaints although annoying, are valid. I don't think a few days is a big deal either but asking for an explenation makes sense.

I'm not sure I understand the relevance of this.

There is substantial relevance you should clearly see. Compare gt4 to gt5 as far as offline content, consider how many features of gt5 can only be utilized online, it's not hard to see.

Josh & NA:

You guys are completely right. I just came back to answer a reply to my post. Don't worry, I think we are pretty much done anyway.

a6m5
Josh & NA:

You guys are completely right. I just came back to answer a reply to my post. Don't worry, I think we are pretty much done anyway.

Yay! :lol:

The paying or not paying things played out. As a wise man once said, nothing's for nothing. It may be a cliche, however nobody could reasonably believe that a corporation provides a service out of the goodness of their own heart, as a charity which feed the poor. If there wasn't a buck in it there's no way Sony would be providing PSN for no monthly fee.

So name one example that you would need to prove in a court of law that you've knowingly paid Sony for use of their online services, irrelevant as that situation is. Or wouldn't that be covered in the terms and conditions you agreed to after you purchased a PS3 and made a PSN account? So you paid for a PS3 in the full knowledge that you have access to PSN, you agree to the terms and conditions (legally binding contract if you will) and therefore you've paid for it.

I thought i would read this thread to see if their was any news about when the network was going back up, or if their was any new official announcements. Instead i've had to trawl through page after page of utter drivel from people bitching and pretending they know what's going on when actualy they know as much about the situation as i know about cheese mining on Neptune. This thread is a waste of space, how about just leaving it for genuine information to spare others from having to wade through dozens of pages of trash to find absolutely nothing?

XPOWER180
I thought i would read this thread to see if their was any news about when the network was going back up, or if their was any new official announcements. Instead i've had to trawl through page after page of utter drivel from people bitching and pretending they know what's going on when actualy they know as much about the situation as i know about cheese mining on Neptune. This thread is a waste of space, how about just leaving it for genuine information to spare others from having to wade through dozens of pages of trash to find absolutely nothing?

From what I've heard so far (besides the paying for PSN argument) no one knows yet when PSN is going to be back up. I haven't heard any new information on the cheese mining in Neptune, sadly...

So name one example that you would need to prove in a court of law that you've knowingly paid Sony for use of their online services, irrelevant as that situation is. Or wouldn't that be covered in the terms and conditions you agreed to after you purchased a PS3 and made a PSN account? So you paid for a PS3 in the full knowledge that you have access to PSN, you agree to the terms and conditions (legally binding contract if you will) and therefore you've paid for it.
You are definitely not a lawyer, I believe you. I bought PS3 in the full knowledge? If you have a proof in writing, just show it to me. If not, let just quit while we are behind. :lol:

Why come to a thread on GTP to find genuine information about the current PSN situation instead of ummm... official Sony websites? You know, the sort of places where you can find useful and dare I say official information.

So to sum it up, you waded through pages of trash through nobodys fault but your own so stop whining.

I suspect when real solid information comes out, this thread will be the last to know anyway. :lol:

You are definitely not a lawyer, I believe you. I bought PS3 in the full knowledge? If you have a proof in writing, just show it to me. If not, let just quit while we are behind. :lol:

You really have no idea what you're on about do you? Yes you are behind, quite a long way I may add so we'll quit.

Why come to a thread on GTP to find genuine information about the current PSN situation instead of ummm... official Sony websites? You know, the sort of places where you can find useful and dare I say official information.

So to sum it up, you waded through pages of trash through nobodys fault but your own so stop whining.

Because on rare occasions someone on these forums will stumble upon a genuine piece of information before the official announcemet is released. Oh, silly silly me, if only i had thought to check the Sony website, gosh, why didn't i think about that before searching through this thread? Wow, Stephens just highlighted the error of my ways, Stephen you're my hero.

http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com/

Me when I tryed to sign in this morning

rofl.gif

Awsome :D I've not tried myself, best off just waiting till someone else does it for you ;)

Because on rare occasions someone on these forums will stumble upon a genuine piece of information before the official announcemet is released. Oh, silly silly me, if only i had thought to check the Sony website, gosh, why didn't i think about that before searching through this thread? Wow, Stephens just highlighted the error of my ways, Stephen you're my hero.

I've contacted the moderators about the thread. Thinking it needs some spring cleaning and some time with a pad lock. 👍

I wasn't trying to be rude but honestly, what do you expect from a forum like this? Apart from serious GT5 discussion in which even some those type of threads oft-times go rapidly downhill, this forum is usually made up of banter. All I was saying was "what did you expect?"

I've contacted the moderators about the thread. Thinking it needs some spring cleaning and some time with a pad lock. 👍

Yeah this thread is getting off topic. Unless we get back on topic quickly then it will probably get closed :(

Just checked, and PSN is still down for those that are wondering, and not worrying about looking smart in their arguments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back