Online Events Renewal - April 30

• Thread starter amar212
  • 119 comments
But this update doesn't please anyone.:lol:

I wonder how long was the last 750PP Suzuka in PRO event? since the 750PP World Event?! :indiff:

But the event that race Ford GT on N3 tyres is quite fun! More practice on braking! :D
It's really funny to watch the AI driving my GT after the race is done.. it keeps crashing around the track! :lol:

They got rid of my Expert 650 High Speed Ring. There are no other good Expert races with this update. Guess I won't be racing for a while.

Ive said it before and ill say it again! PD doesnt care about what fans want! Otherwise they would check all the several foruns, and if they do, sure doesnt seem like it! PD is goind down in the opinion i had of them! Is this the importance they give to the fans?! This joke is not funny anymore! Im just sick of whatching the same movie for 5 or 6 months over and over again!

While this is a dissapointing update, I like it better than last month's. I might go back to racing online.

I'll propably pass on these events because I'm not really good at tuning cars. :embarrassed:

Hopefully they'll add some expert races with stock cars in the future; I liked that F430/GT-R/Z06 race they used to have. 👍

I did try the F430 event last month, but that was a little bit too extreme for my taste! :nervous: So, I'll propably pass on this Ford GT event as well. :guilty:

So could someone post the new events? For those who don't frequent GT5P as much as they'd like.

Edit- Nevermind, found Rudi's post.

For those who don't just play Pro Physics here are all the new events:

Beg Mid Size Cars, Suz East /STD up to 12 players
Beg Sports Cars, HSR /STD up to 12 players
Beg Supercars, Fuji F /STD up to 12 players
Beg Supercars, Daytona Speedway /STD up to 12 players - World Event

Int PP650 Fuji F /STD up to 12 players - World Event
Int PP750 HSR / STD up to 12 players
Int PP800 Daytona Speedway /STD up to 12 players
Int 4 Supercars Fuji F /STD up to 12 players

Exp PP550 /FWD HSR /PRO up to 16 players
Exp PP550 /RWD Suz /PRO up to 16 players
Exp PP600 /AWD Fuji F /PRO up to 16 players
Exp PP650 Suz /PRO up to 16 players
Exp Ford GT DR /PRO up to 16 players - N3 tires

Enjoy!

I was thinking the Suzuka 650 would be more popular, but I have yet to get in with more than 2 other people. Its not so fun when you get in with just 1 other person and they are only running 2:15's lol. Mmmm private rooms, dare to dream...

I was thinking the Suzuka 650 would be more popular, but I have yet to get in with more than 2 other people. Its not so fun when you get in with just 1 other person and they are only running 2:15's lol. Mmmm private rooms, dare to dream...

Strange, I played it once last night when I got home and got an 8 person grid... ended up 3rd, 4 secs off the leader. Great race!!

I think some people are missing the fact that the 650pp suzuka is a 10 lap race... I love it.

Hopefully they'll add some expert races with stock cars in the future; I liked that F430/GT-R/Z06 race they used to have. 👍

I miss those stock car events as well! 👍

I did try the F430 event last month, but that was a little bit too extreme for my taste! :nervous: So, I'll propably pass on this Ford GT event as well. :guilty:

The F430 N1 events are pretty extreme indeed, but if you're able to keep it on track throughout all 5 laps, you'll find it rewarding as it trains up your throttle and braking skills. 👍

For the N3 Ford GT event, I found it quite drivable when compared to the F430 N1 events, the only thing we need to concern about is just the braking points. Even the GT is equipped with N3 tyres, it still got lots of grip. ;)

I'm trying to rationalize what PD is doing here (big mistake I'm sure). Is it that we are all playing the low PP events so much that they are translating that into "interest"? Is it that the high PP events aren't going over well enough in Beg and Int to warrant moving them up to the Exp level as drivers improve?

I spent some time at the Int 800PP Daytona Speedway last night in the Tuned Vette and the GT LM II - sadly, its a 3 lap race and good laps are in the 43 second range so the total race times are in the 2m12s to 2m18s range. You are basically waiting longer to match/join than you are racing AND with a rolling start you better be at the front of the pack because a 5s gap just isn't possible to make up on a good driver. The Int 750PP HSR also looks interesting.

There has to be a way to get word to PD that we want Exp High PP events - they turned off RBE for us so clearly they listen: we just need to figure out how to talk to them again.

A few onths ago, most of the expert events were high PP affairs, and we were clamoring for 550-650pp events to allow us to use more cars. We were also asking for no handicap, and FR/AWD restricted events. They listened to us back then and gave us expert events matching these requests almost exactly.

These days, we'd like to see at least one event in the high-PP range. Mostly we want some variety, I think.

I suspect that these days they are just rotating the existing events, biding time until the full GT5 gets released.

A few onths ago, most of the expert events were high PP affairs, and we were clamoring for 550-650pp events to allow us to use more cars. We were also asking for no handicap, and FR/AWD restricted events. They listened to us back then and gave us expert events matching these requests almost exactly.

These days, we'd like to see at least one event in the high-PP range. Mostly we want some variety, I think.

I suspect that these days they are just rotating the existing events, biding time until the full GT5 gets released.

Exactly, a few months ago everyone on here wanted low pp events,and remember making an event inside of an event? Well they gave you what you ask for fwd, rwd events. WHY will they not give us an expert world event?

Where's London and Eiger on Pro events??!!!! I so need those!! Let's get some touge done shall we?? lol
Or at least a 750pp or 800pp event... Come on PD!

I think variety is the key, for sure. I have never seen a Pro event with higher than 650pp.(I have only been online for last 6 months) I personally would like tire restricted races, without the car restrictions. The pp system is flawed just enough to make some of the low pp races rather boring i.e. race tires on a 550pp race is fastest. If the low pp races were restricted to sport tires alot more cars would be competitive, and the cars feel faster (more challenging anyways) than on race tires. I only imagine the fun we would have at eiger on sport tires with 650pp, dreaming of the day.

p.s. Must see video Earth made on the NTSC 650pp thread in race events. That race seems really fun, and competitive according to his shots.

Ford GT N3 on Daytona - separate boys from man :) Great event, maybe greatest so far, no words..

And Suzuka "free" will see my F430 again, win is not a must but fun is back..

Finally two events in one update, nice..

Yes sir, the f430 was geting kind of dusty. I think PD's motive is to get us to use certain cars before the full one is released. Think about it. If we can't have a fun race at 600pp. How are we going to fair when the full game is out? 600 or so cars. imagine the pp posiblitys there. Just go with it guys.

Back