Online is useless thanks to the stupid Lotus

• Thread starter Mortuus
  • 141 comments
listen people, its not about coming first. wouldn't you rather have a heated race with a proper racer and finish 5th then take the lotus out and come first by some margin, and the whole 3 laps you are literally racing yourself.

forger the lotus's, i've even noticed the majority of people on here drive the 111R tuned, except people like Kas and PatchSam. get out of the 111R and jump into a proper car like the NSX or GTR, F430 or anything else thats not a track car.

Coming first helps a lot if you're just racking up credits for the F2007, and don't want to lose your mind doing some offline event over and over and over again.

I've been doing the PP650 expert daytona oval to get cash, but seriously I'd love to have another option besides the 2 elises to have any chance of finishing first. So far best success I've had with the R8, usually in top3-4 although I've never managed to win. I'll have to try the F40 some more, haven't managed to make it behave the way I want. Any recommendations for what to try to beat those scalextr...I mean elises?

I got in my 111R tuned today, and after one race I felt like a pikey so I got back in my 'vette. I probably won't drive the lotus for another couple of weeks now.

@ CoccoBill: you can win with the F40, even the z06 is good enough sometimes. To be honest the difference between 1st and 2nd is 2,500cr so 1st isnt that important, and you can almost always gaurantee 2nd or better in the F40 every time. Just set your pp at 648/47 to get pole, otherwise the elises will just run away.

listen people, its not about coming first. wouldn't you rather have a heated race with a proper racer and finish 5th then take the lotus out and come first by some margin, and the whole 3 laps you are literally racing yourself.

forger the lotus's, i've even noticed the majority of people on here drive the 111R tuned, except people like Kas and PatchSam. get out of the 111R and jump into a proper car like the NSX or GTR, F430 or anything else thats not a track car.

Where's the +1 rep button? 👍 I know I drive the 'Motorsport' Elise a lot, but I'm seriously thinking of switching to another car. I think that maybe the NSX-R, the Corvette / tuned, or the Suzuki Swift / tuned could be worthy challengers.

Where's the +1 rep button? 👍 I know I drive the 'Motorsport' Elise a lot, but I'm seriously thinking of switching to another car. I think that maybe the NSX-R, the Corvette / tuned, or the Suzuki Swift / tuned could be worthy challengers.

I got an F40... quite good corner speed and overall power. About 3-4 seconds a lap slower than an Elise in my hands at the moment.

Sorry, rant coming up..... I've been finding that alot of the guys who do the pushing off usually can keep up with you and do have some skill although not always enough to go around you, hence they feel the need to just let their car run on just that bit longer off the brakes approaching corners so give you that gentle but affirmative tap up the backside to give you 'just' enough extra momentum to run you wide off the track and incur a penalty or end up in the kitty litter. I have had it with online for now, it's no fun, may aswell play burnout for the arcade style of races I've constantly been ending up in. Unfortunately GT is such a popular series now (victims of our own success) every tom, dick 'n harry has a copy (which is great in one respect, don't get me wrong, long live GT) I don't think this problem will go away until private matches come along. Mics/lobby chat/kicking will be good too, the anonymity that GT5P allows in it's current form is allowing too much dirty tactics, here's waiting for updates....

Hi guys, first post so dont hate me lol.
I drive the 111R without any aids and although i accept that it is one great car, i dont think its unbeatable. Especially in 650 races, where ive seen countless occations where 7 elises are beaten by other cars.

I've just finished a marathon of 20 Elise Ring 650 races, with a 111 in 649PP.

The facts:

-> 10 1st places, half with more than 5 second lead (usually lapping 1.11 high, 1.12sec when by best with this car was 1.10.3 or something)
-> 4 2nd places
-> 1 3rd place
-> 5 disconnects

Some, but very few drivers are fast with the 111, like the 2 that beat me once each 👍 (in other non wins I was sent off and had to recover :ouch:).

Dirty tactics and bad driving came from everywhere... other Elise's, or other cars. Examples: a moron on a skyline ramming me in the straight time and time again (sigh), a mad NSX spinning all over and taking everyone with him, a ferrari 430 trying to go round corners side by side and pushing me off or in, or trying to outbreak me :dunce:. And he obviously wasn't Kas, I ran across him 3 times and I confirm he is an extraordinarily clean racer.👍

But the worst DID come from Elise drivers. Since I didn't fight back, some of these dirty dudes, at one point, actually tried to keep it clean. But when the pressure was too high, they ended up trying to block me, ramming me against the wall, pushing me from the back so i would go into the barrier on corner 2, etc... From all the Lotus Elise I raced tonight, only 2 where fast and clean. Can't remember their names though, they were too many.

25% of the times, the race was stopped because someone, probably one of those idiots above referred, drank from the same poison and gave up, being the host.

So the Online is full of these guys.. and they mostly drive the Lotus Elise 111R.

Oh, but and I have to admit I was dirty once, on a previous race tonight, test running my setup for the car.
There was a guy in a 111 (I think it was JaPPal), apparently driving with all aids, that kept speeding into my slipstream and at the end of the straight he would deliberately bump my back so I would go into the wall in corner one. I took it 3 times, and still held my position by heavy breaking and escaping without a penalty. I have rear breaks on 5, just for these emergencies, this way they don't lock. When I figured it was intentional on the final lap he made his 4th try, and SURPRISE!!!! slammed the brakes on his face. I got bumped back to "normal" speeds and he was left searching for his virtual teeth. Sorry, lost my temper :grumpy:... MEA CULPA.

The facts:

-> 10 1st places, half with more than 5 second lead (usually lapping 1.11 high, 1.12sec when by best with this car was 1.10.3 or something)
-> 4 2nd places
-> 1 3rd place
-> 5 disconnects

Some, but very few drivers are fast with the 111, like the 2 that beat me once each 👍 (in other non wins I was sent off and had to recover :ouch:).

Dirty tactics and bad driving came from everywhere... other Elise's, or other cars. Examples: a moron on a skyline ramming me in the straight time and time again (sigh), a mad NSX spinning all over and taking everyone with him, a ferrari 430 trying to go round corners side by side and pushing me off or in, or trying to outbreak me :dunce:. And he obviously wasn't Kas, I ran across him 3 times and I confirm he is an extraordinarily clean racer.👍

But the worst DID come from Elise drivers. Since I didn't fight back, some of these dirty dudes, at one point, actually tried to keep it clean. But when the pressure was too high, they ended up trying to block me, ramming me against the wall, pushing me from the back so i would go into the barrier on corner 2, etc... From all the Lotus Elise I raced tonight, only 2 where fast and clean. Can't remember their names though, they were too many.

25% of the times, the race was stopped because someone, probably one of those idiots above referred, drank from the same poison and gave up, being the host.

So the Online is full of these guys.. and they mostly drive the Lotus Elise 111R.

Oh, but and I have to admit I was dirty once, on a previous race tonight, test running my setup for the car.
There was a guy in a 111 (I think it was JaPPal), apparently driving with all aids, that kept speeding into my slipstream and at the end of the straight he would deliberately bump my back so I would go into the wall in corner one. I took it 3 times, and still held my position by heavy breaking and escaping without a penalty. I have rear breaks on 5, just for these emergencies, this way they don't lock. When I figured it was intentional on the final lap he made his 4th try, and SURPRISE!!!! slammed the brakes on his face. I got bumped back to "normal" speeds and he was left searching for his virtual teeth. Sorry, lost my temper :grumpy:... MEA CULPA.

Thanks for the kind words. I cant remember racing you. What's your username and what car were you in? Your right about the elise. Everyones got one! I bought one just to see what the all fuss was about. And to be honest, i didn't like the way it felt. It just stuck to the ground like ****, so i went back to the 430.

I dont care about coming first. I'd rather be toe to toe with a clean driver than get smashed into the wall by an elise driver. Having said that not all elise driver are the same. I had some good races with some elise drivers last night.

Sorry but I can not see how you can call the lotus a noob car. I have used a lot of cars online and I can tell you it is not easy to drive at first like the gtr is and many other cars. you have to get the setup just right or all you do is spin.
at the end of the day if you can only find that car as bad on there then i think its a realy good game it must be a good car if a lot of poeple use it.

Well than look again, even I see it, i've tried the thing, just turn all aids on and every noob will be able to outcorner, outbreak, outperform any other car on the track, so it definitely is a noob car. All these noobs (not all Elise drivers are, there are some fantastic clean drivers out there) just put the aids on and go for the win.
For me as a non-elise driver (I'm a Ferrari fan) I'm first in any race where there weren't any non-elise cars in front of me. I don't care about the credits, it's about 2 or 3 extra races each night to compensate for the difference between 1st or 2nd or 3rd, I don't even think I'll use the F1 very much, I'll try it, and the money? Well it will come, I have a lot of fun completing and repeating all the nice dealer races, Mini on professional settings, all aids of, on London is one of my favorites right now, I play that one a lot finnishing 1st every time, so the money keeps on coming.

I race mostly in Beginner and 500PP events and hardly see Elise's and when I do they don't tend to be a threat for race wins. They don't seem to be driven badly either. As a matter of fact, the only bad driving I've seen is when the drivers of other cars pick on the Elise drivers.

What's your username and what car were you in?

Red/Black 111 Elise (that was the purpose of the "test", to prove myself those chumps are slower than me, and where only beating me on a 430, a GT-R or what ever because of the car).

Username is: Burnout_PT. I remember starting just behind you a couple of times, passing you clean leaving you the outside free on the exit, and you never closed the door or tried any over-defensive or aggressive come back move. Which is rare these days.

Next step is to setup my 430 or F40 and try the ring tonight, hope we meet again in even terms.

Regards,

Red/Black 111 Elise (that was the purpose of the "test", to prove myself those chumps are slower than me, and where only beating me on a 430, a GT-R or what ever because of the car).

Username is: Burnout_PT. I remember starting just behind you a couple of times, passing you clean leaving you the outside free on the exit, and you never closed the door or tried any over-defensive or aggressive come back move. Which is rare these days.

Next step is to setup my 430 or F40 and try the ring tonight, hope we meet again in even terms.

Regards,

Yeah, I remember you now. I believe in fair play. I never ram anyone, even of they try and ram me. there was a guy called Niuelly who constantly rams me off the road. Id stay well clear of him.

Ill be on the high speed ring again tonight. see you there!

Heh despite the spelling mistake, I appreciate that you notice me for not being in the usual crowd of Lotus Elise drivers. I too rather finish 5th but thought "wow thats a good battle" rather than finishing in a distant podium position to Lotuses which on average are above 10 seconds faster than I am, even without putting a foot wrong. It can be criminal at times when they make a mistake yet they're able to catch you up and win the race. They're becoming all too common now, I remember in one race at Suzuka where 9 out of the 12 participants drove at least a Lotus Elise yet miraculously I finish in the mid pack, I hardly seen a race with variation nowadays which is a shame. I'm too anticipating a change in events, hopefully an all Japanese car race event will be on the cards in which I definitely be in! 👍

Driving different cars can be fun aswell, I do find the GTR kicks back at bit when cornering hard in professional mode, yet the handling of the Evo X is uncannily good with S-AWC even in pro physics mode. It is much different to drive from the Evo IX which shows the attention to detail PD had made to distinguish the two cars. Though I have to admit, the Skyline Coupe Tuned car is not a nice car to drive at all in pro physics...

Yeah, I remember you now. I believe in fair play. I never ram anyone, even of they try and ram me. there was a guy called Niuelly who constantly rams me off the road. Id stay well clear of him.

Ill be on the high speed ring again tonight. see you there!

Well I can't keep track of all of them, so I don't even try to remember. There are to many bad drivers, and usually in the same car, it's not easy... can't even remember the good ones on a Elise.

It's easier to "whitelist" the other guys and suspect all others. Especially if it's a lotus Elise, I have to agree you must always be very defensive when you see one.

See you online, I'll be wearing red. LOL

Reducing my points (on the 111R) to 649 has significantly improved my overall online experience. Now I start on the front and don't get affected by all the crashes on the first corner at Susuka. And then I can race with the good drivers that catch up on me.

Finally, somebody from GTP I can actually remember racing, and racing a lot.
We have had some good races on Suzuka from memory, but you need to get a little better still if we are going to go 'head to head'. 👍

Bit ironic but I finally had a race where no Elises were participating, well there were some but they quit probably due to mistakes which ended up with a pretty close race with the GTR and the Ferraris, as well as my car.

In reality, a good driver (Not even a great driver) in an Elise (Lets not even bring the Exige into this) would put the typical Ferrari driver to shame with little trouble.

Thats not to say it would even be a flat-out victory, but if you've ever been chased by a Lotus, you know what I'm talking about.

Indeed, totally wright!

Do you guys watch top gear??? This car can outhandle an Apache gunship!!!

In reality, to put it like this, I would have an orgasm in that car, and not in the ferrari, or maybe just a tiny one:dopey:

Finally, somebody from GTP I can actually remember racing, and racing a lot.
We have had some good races on Suzuka from memory, but you need to get a little better still if we are going to go 'head to head'. 👍

What's your psn ID & car you are driving? I have been racing a lot (only on Susuka though with my Yellow Elise 111R Tuned) and start to really enjoy it, thanks to a few good drivers that keep me working hard :-)
My username on GT5P is "yannc", have been racing nearly everyday after work (earned 2 Millions credit online).

The great thing with online is that as soon as you have identified a good driver and having good race with him, you can have a good succession of races (even when the host disconnects).
So many times I have been in situation where I am racing with one guy, and if one makes a mistake, the other one waits. Sometime, I just don't care about the grid finish when I race with these very good drivers!!
Hope I was clean racing with you. I actually think that I'm too fair sometime, by trying to not hit somebody I would make a mistake and unfortunatly go to the sand....

[edit]
There is another very good driver with similar username, "yann91b" I think, he is very good (better than me). I'd like to meet him again, I had a few good races with him. We are head to head for the ranking in time trial susuka 650points :-)

But the worst DID come from Elise drivers. when the pressure was too high, they ended up trying to block me, ramming me against the wall, pushing me from the back so i would go into the barrier on corner 2, etc...

I see what you are tying to do, however you have used some bad science.

You basically said that the elise drivers were like any other drivers till the end when they got dirty. However what you didn't think about is that you didn't test out how the other drivers react in the same situation. On the final lap were you ever battling tightly for first with non elise drivers? If so how many times and how did they react 'when the pressure was too high'?

You always have to compare like for like otherwise there is no point.

I've had a few very close battles with Elise drivers who don't use any aids (I guess) on HSR in the Ferrari F430.

I found that I can almost equal their exit speed from the last corner onto the main straight and then use the slipstream to overtake them just before the finish line. I've managed to pull this off three times so far. :)

They absolutely cream me in the braking zone for turn 2 though. :)

Today I had only one bad experience online. It was an Elise that had spun out on turn 1 and was recovering. I went around the outside and was ahead over the bridge, but knowing I would surely be beaten under brakes into the next corner I pulled right over to the left leaving the door open... but no... they rammed me really hard up the backside into the barrier.

Of course, in this case it had nothing to do with the car they were driving, just their lack of intelligence.

I see what you are tying to do, however you have used some bad science.

You basically said that the elise drivers were like any other drivers till the end when they got dirty. However what you didn't think about is that you didn't test out how the other drivers react in the same situation. On the final lap were you ever battling tightly for first with non elise drivers? If so how many times and how did they react 'when the pressure was too high'?

You always have to compare like for like otherwise there is no point.

Yes, I've driven other close races with others and the amount of wrong doing is a lot less.

But my point is actually that there is no "Elise drivers" problem. There is no "Lotus Elise is bad" or "Lotus Drivers are bad" absolute truth. Only bad drivers looking for quick way to get ahead. For that they use the fastest car, and dirty moves.

I'm a Lotus Elise fan. I love the light weight concept to start with, and the car itself.

What I had to prove myself with this experiment, was that I could be as fast or faster than those wrong doers, given the same tools. I'm now happy with the results, but also bored because many races I just pulled ahead for 5 laps, so I'm parking the Lotus Elise for a while.

Just had some bad Elise experiences today.
90% of the people in Elise's I raced, don't know how to drive.
This was in Pro Events btw.

I don't understand why idiots that can't drive enter the Pro races.
The whole word says it. "PROFESSIONAL".

Just had some bad Elise experiences today.
90% of the people in Elise's I raced, don't know how to drive.
This was in Pro Events btw.

I don't understand why idiots that can't drive enter the Pro races.
The whole word says it. "PROFESSIONAL".

Well, they paid for the game as you did and the game lets them ( i would prefer a kind of qualifying, too, to enter the pro events, like driving a laptime in the time trial below a certain time...).

By the way, its not 90% of the Elise drivers, its almost 90% of all drivers....
The problem is that people have no patience and wait for their chance, but keep on trying on their own line like in a time trial without looking at others, different points to brake and so on.

I tried to drive in cappuchino at suzuki, and then i dont get shot only by the elises, but from most of the cars, because they think they are in the faster car and have to overtake you at once.
Its the same what the elises think...i am faster, so i have the right to overtake everytime, and when the guy in front of me doesnt let me, just push him a little bit....aaaaaaaaaarghhhh.
Of course it happens that you touch another one when fighting, this just happens is no big deal when racing on your personal limit

To all the race-wannabes out there:
People keep thinking that every inch of the race track is an opportunity to overtake....its NOT! You cannot overtake in the infield in suzuka, if your opponent in front of you is on the racing line...its as simple as that. Wait for your chance, you have 3 laps time, and when you are faster you will be able to pass the guy in front of you clean. if you dont manage to, you havent been faster..you will see that a clean second place after a great fight is more fun than winning, if you had to shot the other one off the track to pass him for the win.

But i think my words are lost.... ;-)

regards to everybody out there,

edebert

this is getting ridiculous... Last light it was impossible to race without a 649pp elise. And with one, I was bored in the lead. Even stopped at the end of lap 1 to let the 2nd guy get his 5sec back, but he was no match.

Today I've been 15m waiting for a race. 1st try, disconnected in lap1, 2nd, in the 1st corner, 3rd and 4th didn't even start!

10 out of 12 on the grid where idiots with a Lotus Elise. What are these guys doing online...?

Back