Online Meeting (NTSC)

• Thread starter Earth
  • 1,650 comments
Oh dear, I didn't get the call for the PS3 like I was told I would. I hope nothing has happened "crosses fingers":nervous:

if everything on the internets were true, there would sure be a whole lot of clean drivers out there.

You got too many things to say about me.

If the problem start with steering wheels, finish with the steering wheel.

you do not want to start talking bad things too much. It is not good for anyone.

When I wrote that a couple of weeks ago it was 100% true, you were one of the worst bashers out there!
If you'd looked at some of my other posts the thing that made you the worst is that you didn't need to bash because you were fast, it looked like you crashed people just for the heck of it.
Losing a race to someone that crashes you out isn't really losing!

Well, it was past. I don't tell people I got block or hit when I play. I do return when others do to me. If i can not, they are very good. The rule is simple, win by speed and by heart. Which I need the second part only.

i should be out in 750pp suzuka tonight, hope to see some of you there. its boring running with people who suck, im looking for some good races out there

I am with U

Well, it was past. I don't tell people I got block or hit when I play. I do return when others do to me. If i can not, they are very good. The rule is simple, win by speed and by heart. Which I need the second part only.

You don't have the heart for winning?

I've got to say that anyone who "returns the favour" is an idiot. There is a lot of accidental &/or incompetent punting & shunting going on, but anyone who does it deliberately, even in "retaliation" is a fool - it just ends up in an endless cycle of violence.

Can't we all just get along... :)

I've got to say that anyone who "returns the favour" is an idiot. There is a lot of accidental &/or incompetent punting & shunting going on, but anyone who does it deliberately, even in "retaliation" is a fool - it just ends up in an endless cycle of violence.

Can't we all just get along... :)

I would mean " You wants Clean, we stay Clean "
" You wants aggressive, then let play aggressive "

"sigh" I can't seem to be able to do anything without some sort of set back. Looks I'll have go searching for a 60 Gb PS3 due to the fact that I haven't heard anything from Fry's. This is the last time I get anything from them:grumpy:

"sigh" I can't seem to be able to do anything without some sort of set back. Looks I'll have go searching for a 60 Gb PS3 due to the fact that I haven't heard anything from Fry's. This is the last time I get anything from them:grumpy:

:(

And the wait to get my chance to drive online vs the great RACECAR is pushed on...

:(

And the wait to get my chance to drive online vs the great RACECAR is pushed on...

I know, man. I don't know what I do to have this keep happening to me. Hopefully, tomarrow I'll know something but it may not be good news:indiff:

Saw Drama-Kyd for the first time tonight on 750pp suzuka. Very fast. Unfortunately in both races I was (accidently I think) punted from behind into the sand (once causing me go ghost directly through Drama-Kyd).

Speaking of which, I tend to get rear-ended a LOT on suzuka. I'm very much a "slow in fast out" guy with most of the cars I drive (I mostly drive MRs, so braking before the turn is usually very important). I don't know that there is anything I can do about this. In an MR car I simply have to brake a little sooner than all those guys driving the S2000 or the Vettes. If I don't I risk a spin-out on every turn, or I end up trying to drift the corner because of the oversteer (slow!).

So, will I never see another GTP tag in the 750 races again? I've been trying to enjoy the 600pp races, but honestly I just love the speed and the grip on racing tires. I mean, I ski extremely fast on very good skis. Sure, I could, if I wanted to, go out and equip myself with cruddy skis that can't hold a carve. I would have to work just as hard to ski, but I would go slower. Why would I want to do that? Speed speed speed!!! :-)))

Anyone race with this guy LuCkY13? drives a green S2000, he can be pretty fast but he will punt you or get underneath you whenever he can. Usually on the first lap i play peek-a-boo with the slower cars in front of me until i can get a good pass or they make a mistake. because im driving slower he would be all over my ass and ramming me going into the turns. I mean what can i do ya know?

Anyone race with this guy LuCkY13? drives a green S2000, he can be pretty fast but he will punt you or get underneath you whenever he can. Usually on the first lap i play peek-a-boo with the slower cars in front of me until i can get a good pass or they make a mistake. because im driving slower he would be all over my ass and ramming me going into the turns. I mean what can i do ya know?

Let him pass you. Unless the race is for points or money, just let him pass. Why put yourself into a stressful situation?

Saw Drama-Kyd for the first time tonight on 750pp suzuka. Very fast. Unfortunately in both races I was (accidently I think) punted from behind into the sand (once causing me go ghost directly through Drama-Kyd).

Speaking of which, I tend to get rear-ended a LOT on suzuka. I'm very much a "slow in fast out" guy with most of the cars I drive (I mostly drive MRs, so braking before the turn is usually very important). I don't know that there is anything I can do about this. In an MR car I simply have to brake a little sooner than all those guys driving the S2000 or the Vettes. If I don't I risk a spin-out on every turn, or I end up trying to drift the corner because of the oversteer (slow!).

So, will I never see another GTP tag in the 750 races again? I've been trying to enjoy the 600pp races, but honestly I just love the speed and the grip on racing tires. I mean, I ski extremely fast on very good skis. Sure, I could, if I wanted to, go out and equip myself with cruddy skis that can't hold a carve. I would have to work just as hard to ski, but I would go slower. Why would I want to do that? Speed speed speed!!! :-)))

I just find 750PP on Suzuka too (unrealistically) fast & every race I've tried has been an out-of-control punt-fest with cars veering all over the place. 500PP feels too slow to be exciting. 600PP feels "just right". 👍

If you like speed, give F1:CE a try. 👍

I just find 750PP on Suzuka too (unrealistically) fast & every race I've tried has been an out-of-control punt-fest with cars veering all over the place. 500PP feels too slow to be exciting. 600PP feels "just right". 👍

If you like speed, give F1:CE a try. 👍

Unrealistically fast!? I'd say most things GT feel unrealistically SLOW except for the F2007. The sensation of speed has never been great in GT games. If you have a car that's in the game, go drive it like you do in the game and see how much faster it feels!

Anyways I've been playing 600pp just because no GTPers seem to do 750pp anymore, and there are more options of cars to use in 600pp (GT Test is the ONLY option in 750pp IMO). I should be up for some 750pp races this week. 👍

Unrealistically fast!? I'd say most things GT feel unrealistically SLOW except for the F2007. The sensation of speed has never been great in GT games. If you have a car that's in the game, go drive it like you do in the game and see how much faster it feels!

I agree that the sensation of speed is very limited in racing sims in general, not just GT5P. Go out in any normal car and do an autocross. In most cars you'll never even get out of second gear, but trust me, it feels like you are flying! I do like the sensation of speed, and the 600pp races on S2s just make me feel like I'm crawling along, hence I'm not all that fond of them. I do them from time to time, but the aren't my preference. I'm not a usually a big fan of race-cars though - for some reason I have a real fondness for interesting (often tricky) road-cars, like the Ferrari 512 and the Elise. My "ultimate" race in GT4 is something like the Alpine 1600 tuned to 253 horses on RSH tires running around Citta di Arria or the Yellowbird on RSH tires on the Nurburgring. Both races in which you'll have considerable sensation of speed...

At any rate, this is why you'll most often find me in the 750pp races instead of the 600s. Yes, there are some more "punters" out there, but it really does seem to be getting better and better.

I don't disagree with that. The sensation of speed is not that strongly conveyed in GT4 or GT5P. However, the online racing at Suzuka in 750PP just feels all wrong, with cars careening all over the place. Offline, it seems more reasonable.

The F2007 is fast but way too smooth. F1:CE is great at recreating the bumpiness & sensation of speed experienced in F1 racing.

i race 600pp, 750pp is just too unpredictable for me. people just dont have enough control over their cars for me to be confident enough that they will not hit me.

i race 600pp, 750pp is just too unpredictable for me. people just dont have enough control over their cars for me to be confident enough that they will not hit me.

I spend most of my time on 600pp Suzuka too, 750 just had way too many bashers, I've had more clean, close races on 600pp in the last week than I have had in 750pp in the last month!

come into the chat I wanna gets some guys together to race in about 20

We are doing PP500
mins.

Anyone going to be out there this evening / tonight? (Sat. June 7th.) It looks like I've finally got a nice block of time-off and was thinking of joining in the 500pp and 600pp races and finally trying out the chat system.

Please keep in mind that I haven't had much practice at the 500pp and 600pp races, and will almost certainly be using the 6-speed gated shifter and clutch. So if I'm suddenly driving like Joe_Moron please forgive!

I'll probably login around 6:30 EST.

I have to thank all of the guys I raced tonight at Suzuka PP600. We had all GTP races for about 4-5 races. I can't stress enough how much of a realief it is to be able to trust the guy behind you. I love it. These races have kendaled my interests in GT5P again. Although I was not able to win a race, I was close, but always make a mistake that set me back. With the boost gone or serverly reduced it is hard to match the laps time Sphinx, Angel, Hamilton and others where throwing at all of us. You are truely an elite group to race with..there is lots of talent with each of you.

I cannot wait to race you guys when we have the full version of the game..

Thanks again

Back