Online Races

• Thread starter kikoTR
  • 40 comments
Turkey
Turkey
I was playing FM6 and i hate the online mode of that game because there were hoppers, crashers... No fun at all...

How will be the Online mode of GT Sport ?

Thanks. Do you know where i can find more details about it ? I googled but no luck.

“Advanced matchmaking system.” It will rate players for Driver Class and Sportmanship points.
Driver Class will depend on group average rating, qualify results and race results. Sportsmanship points will indicate a driver’s manners on the track, and will decrease or increase depending on the factors that you can see below.

GTSport-11.jpg

And important to note that there were still plenty of hoppers and crashers in the beta in spite of the driver ranking system.
Those type of drivers can also be seen for example in real life racing so I don't think we are able to get rid of them permanently ever. Unfortunately.

I guess the system will fix itself when more time passes, since the good drivers will be far away in points from bad drivers, so it will be easier to filter them out.
Not necessarily.

Based on the beta and all of the information we have seen to date the SR rating can't go any lower than the level you start out with, as such it could well have very negative issues. In that new racers, on-line for the first time may well find they are subject to races with a heavy presence of griefers and crash jockeys.

In those circumstances it runs the risk of actually putting new racers off before they can move onto the cleaner racers (not that they were totally devoid of that kind of behavior either).

But GTSport is very first and only game ever to hold entire 3 months Beta testing primarily for developing tools they need, we need, to create good on-line enviroment 👍
And?

I guess the system will fix itself when more time passes, since the good drivers will be far away in points from bad drivers, so it will be easier to filter them out.
Not necessarily. In addition to the reasons above from Scaff, the system will only ever be as good as the alogorithm behind it and the enforcement behind individual infractions. The former, so far at least, allows for a number of incidents, without fault, to take place in each race, all the while still maintaining a good rating. Smart griefers will take advantage of this. The latter does not exist as of yet. Unlike iRacing where you can appeal individual incidents, we've yet to see anything of the like in GTSport and it's incredibly unlikely to happen in public lobbies due to the sheer volume of work it would entail. I don't see it happening in Sport mode at any but the highest levels, if then.

But GTSport is very first and only game ever to hold entire 3 months Beta testing primarily for developing tools they need, we need, to create good on-line enviroment 👍
No its not.

The WMD process for both project cars is both much longer and started before PD did in that regard.

The EU PS Blog has just confirmed something that many had asked about, will PS+ be needed for on-line.

The answer is yes.

"This doesn’t mean you’ll need PlayStation Plus though. As with all PlayStation titles, PS Plus will only be needed for the online multiplayer, portions of the Arcade Mode, including limited two-player split screen, single player races on select tracks and time trials can still be played offline."

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/201...t-gran-turismo-sport-before-you-start-racing/

So offline among other things we can play "single player races on select tracks". That's interesting. Why would we need online connection for some other tracks ?

It's incredible what some people invent in their head when it relates to GT. Do you not think every game has a select set of beta testers that are used to test all game features before release?

Not even close to what that GTSport beta was like. Beta testing with payed testers is "somewhat" different from this beta open to public eyes.

Numbers were not unlimited, but it was public for anyone to stream, record, try to abuse features (available ones) PUBLICLY.

Not even close to what that GTSport beta was like. Beta testing with payed testers is "somewhat" different from this beta open to public eyes.

Numbers were not unlimited, but it was public for anyone to stream, record, try to abuse features (available ones) PUBLICLY.
Look at those goal posts go!

It was no different a beta than Pcars. The way to get access is what changes, not how the beta functions. They're both testing the game for flaws and issues. We've been seeing Pcars pre-release footage roll out for some time now, so how is that any different?

I was playing FM6 and i hate the online mode of that game because there were hoppers, crashers... No fun at all...

How will be the Online mode of GT Sport ?
Sony just announced a new beta, so make sure you sign up and if you are lucky enough to be selected you should be able to try it out for yourself before release.

It was actually almost 4 months. It started on March 17th 2017, and ended July 16th, 2017. So it was even longer than you're saying.

Back