Online Races

• Thread starter kikoTR
  • 40 comments
@ImaRobot

Post above mine mentioned complaining about needing online to download patches... so I asked what about ading on top of that anticonsumer practice when developer hides behind "day 1 pacht mantra" actual blocking early reviews, previews - but even refusing to produce any on-console material by them selves (by developer) with zheir total control... what pCARS 2 dev right now is doing appers to fall into that.

@ImaRobot

Post above mine mentioned compalining about needing online to download patches... so I asked what about ading on top of that anticonsumer practice when developer hides behind "day 1 pacht mantra" actual blocking early reviews, previews - but even refusing to produce any on-console material by them selves (by developer) with zheir total control... what pCARS 2 dev right now is doing appers to fall into that.
No posts above yours complained about downloading patches, not in this thread at least. However, for the umpteenth time, what is the issue with day one patches? All games block early reviews, its called an embargo. GTS also had it, so are you going to condemn too, Or just ignore it because its PD?

As for previews, we got a ton of those already, and we've had things that have hinted at the fact that they're likely console releases, hence the legend on the game showing console buttons. You just chose to ignore that because it went against the things you've made up/tried to prove against it. Along with all your other ridiculous conspiracy theories. It's not the same as GTS and PD, Its development start with PC first, and always has, so thats why we'll always see more PC footage instead. Where as GTS is specifically a console game, and only one console at that, so of course their footage is going to be on PS4.

It depends on the amount of material we get (or do not get) from PD regarding GTS. And how much will they be appropriate for assesing the game and features AND performance - BEFORE release.

It depends on the amount of material we get (or do not get) from PD regarding GTS. And how much will they be appropriate for assesing the game and features - BEFORE release.
In response to what? Please start quoting when you reply to people, so they actually know you replied.

@ImaRobot To the first part of your post, and then you added the rest of it.
The first part of my post asks what the issue is with day one patches. You ignored that part. As for the second half, You also didn't answer the question.

We've gotten a lot of pre-release footage, like I said in the second paragraph, you're just choosing to ignore it because the fact that it's on PC(and that they might be using a console controller on PC, even though you have no way to prove that.) However, we also have seen nothing about how GTS works on the base PS4, so then that would mean that GTS is in the same situation. Like I alluded to, you choose to blame one side for something, and not the other.

@ImaRobot

Post above mine mentioned complaining about needing online to download patches... so I asked what about ading on top of that anticonsumer practice when developer hides behind "day 1 pacht mantra" actual blocking early reviews, previews - but even refusing to produce any on-console material by them selves (by developer) with zheir total control... what pCARS 2 dev right now is doing appers to fall into that.
I don't see how any of this is anti-consumer. If someone is looking for PS4 footage of any game pre-release and goes online and doesn't find any, why on Earth would they preorder the game? In that case, anyone with a lick of common sense will simply wait until the game is released and pick it up a few days later if it all turns out well. Caveat emptor.

I don't see how any of this is anti-consumer. If someone is looking for PS4 footage of any game pre-release and goes online and doesn't find any, why on Earth would they preorder the game? In that case, anyone with a lick of common sense will simply wait until the game is released and pick it up a few days later if it all turns out well. Caveat emptor.

You asked why would anyone then preorder if he demands to see footage before hand but can't find it? How about, because reason why one goes searching for said material is because developer/publisher is creating a pressure by announcing that aspects of preorder bonus will not ever be available outside if pre-order package...". So, one keep frantically trying to find some, any, assurances before plunging in pre-order.

Ofc., you can be superior and avoid all that, but not everyone.

You asked why would anyone then preorder if he demands to see footage before hand but can't find it? How about, because reason why one goes searching for said material is because developer/publisher is creating a pressure by announcing that aspects of preorder bonus will not ever be available outside if pre-order package...". So, one keep frantically trying to find some, any, assurances before plunging in pre-order.

Ofc., you can be superior and avoid all that, but not everyone.
As I said, caveat emptor. If all it takes is a couple of trinkets to sway your decision to preorder then I would say that you aren't really that concerned about how the game is going to turn out.

Gents, let's get back to the chapter please. What are your thoughts about hoppers and crashers ? Do you think that the online experience will be worse or better than Forza ?

Gents, let's get back to the chapter please. What are your thoughts about hoppers and crashers ? Do you think that the online experience will be worse or better than Forza ?

The beta was pretty good for me.

Sportsmanship rating kept fostered a good mentality straight out the gate, most of the time, because having a red number in front of your name was more psychologically damaging than finishing last. :lol::lol::lol:
Hopefully (heavy) damage implementation will curb those that would try and circumvent these measures.

As for hoppers, possibly because the races were short, I believe the vast majority of races I did ended with the field that started, to my surprise, since connection dropping wasn't "punished" in the beta.

Back