Online Server Closing - Seasonal Events

United States
United States
On May 20th, when the GT5 online servers shutdown will you still be able to play the already released seasonal events? Will DLC still be available?

I don't see why DLC would be affected. Seasonal events though will most likely vanish, especially if the current implementation does not save them on the console HDD.

I don't see why DLC would be affected. Seasonal events though will most likely vanish, especially if the current implementation does not save them on the console HDD.

Thanks for the quick reply. That's a major bummer about seasonal events. I enjoy those the most. That will seriously hamper the replay value.

It would be great if it was given us the chance to download all the seasonals before servers close

I am very annoyed with this news. I am a big fan of the F1 cars in GT5. I and all of friends enjoy racing for many hours online using just the F1 cars we have a community. Sure we all invested in GT6 because many websites claiming to show the complete list of cars in GT6 show the Ferrari F10 and 2007 but they are not there. What is this link between Senna and GT6 can anyone explain that? GT6 uses an F1 legend name to promote itself but has no F1 cars! Either keep the GT5 server going or put an F1 car in GT6. Feel like I was lied to by PD to purchase GT6 and now being discarded by them because of the server shut down. I purchased a PlayStation 1 to play GT1 same for PlayStation 2 to play GT3 and again PS3 to play GT5 will not be buying the PS4 or GT7 with the money I save will just go online with iRacing and drive the Williams FW31, no licensing problems there I see! PD needs to buck up and smell the roses GT6 is a disaster we need an escape and GT5 is that escape!

VectorPath

Umm, that's what companies do. It's better to have a GT than no GT because PD has no money.

sorry for the late reply, but i bet once the GT5 server actually goes down, the GT series will lose so many players to the point that there wont be a GT left. but whatever happens happens.

I tell you, I do like the racing dynamics better for GT6, but they took away so many things that I enjoyed in GT5. Trying to get all the cars, and then focusing on the ones under 5Km and better yet... trying to get all the OCD cars available.

Having all the cars available in the dealerships takes away so much of the challenge.

Maybe they will start the 200 point thing that GT4 had going for it.

I am very annoyed with this news. I am a big fan of the F1 cars in GT5. I and all of friends enjoy racing for many hours online using just the F1 cars we have a community. Sure we all invested in GT6 because many websites claiming to show the complete list of cars in GT6 show the Ferrari F10 and 2007 but they are not there. What is this link between Senna and GT6 can anyone explain that? GT6 uses an F1 legend name to promote itself but has no F1 cars! Either keep the GT5 server going or put an F1 car in GT6. Feel like I was lied to by PD to purchase GT6 and now being discarded by them because of the server shut down. I purchased a PlayStation 1 to play GT1 same for PlayStation 2 to play GT3 and again PS3 to play GT5 will not be buying the PS4 or GT7 with the money I save will just go online with iRacing and drive the Williams FW31, no licensing problems there I see! PD needs to buck up and smell the roses GT6 is a disaster we need an escape and GT5 is that escape!

VectorPath
I agree. I probably will not be guying GT7, which means I will not be buying a PS4.

If PD doesn't do something right with GT6, they lost me as a customer.

VectorPath

The Senna content is coming around the anniversary of his passing. Be patient.

And try using the FGT or the Standard X2014, they're just as good as those silly Poncy Horses F1 cars.

GT6 is hardly a disaster.

The Senna content is coming around the anniversary of his passing. Be patient.

And try using the FGT or the Standard X2014, they're just as good as those silly Poncy Horses F1 cars.

GT6 is hardly a disaster.
It's not a disaster, but they took out so many things some of us liked. Where is the challenge of finding cars, when they are all available?

It's not a disaster, but they took out so many things some of us liked. Where is the challenge of finding cars, when they are all available?
I don't have the time nor want the "challenge" of hoping that my favourite rare car shows up in the used car dealership.

On that note, I hardly see GT as a game (it does a particularly poor job of it). It is a sandbox where I can do what I want. If I have the money I should be able to buy what I like.

I wonder what the last Season Event will be.

And I wonder if they'll announce it as such (the last).

Latest Posts

Back