Online word filter is driving me bonkers!

• Thread starter Tommy_861
  • 86 comments
I'm pretty sure Tsukuba, is censored, that is strange indeed.

Yeah I laughed and raged when I found that out. I have a headset now so it doesn't matter but when I had to spend forever typing it out on the DS3 only to have the entire sentence censored I would get so mad!

Oh wait I mean ******************************************

Keep it clean, boys. I can actually give an infraction for too many "****'s".

:lol:

Last edited:
We were cracking jokes about the engine one, because we kept getting filtered and we couldn't figure out why, once we saw it was engine we realized they thought we were using the racial slur towards native americans hahaha

Someone said "if I blow up an engine would that make me a terrorist?"

Tsukuba is sensored because of the 'suk'. Engine is sensored because of the 'gin'. Hardcore is also sensored, because the game was obviously made for the casuals! :lol:

I've also found that anything relating to a copyrighted brand or image is also sensored. 👍

The reason the chat is censored is because GT5 is a G rated game and G rated games can have the headset chat turned off in the parental controls, so younger players ears are not scorched off with the foul language, but can still communicate with other users, the filter employed in GT5 tho seems to have been developed by a dyslexic monkey using a mongolian dictionary.

Can't even type "Monaro" despite it being a car in the game. Have to refer to it as the "CV8"

Can't type stuffed, or bugger, or any number of others.

Luckily, my headset just came in the mail today, so this is a moot problem for me now.

It blocks Hitler and Nazi.
But Osama Binladen and Al-Quaeda are fine
Never knew the Japanese were so discriminitive.
Poor nazis.

You can't talk about anything. Last night I spent more time trying to tell my friend about a car than I did driving because of the swear filter.

I'd forgotten the word engine is offensive and must never be uttered. Especially in a racing game.

and Tsukuba for some reason.

Tsukuba is sensored because of the 'suk'. Engine is sensored because of the 'gin'. Hardcore is also sensored, because the game was obviously made for the casuals! :lol:

I've also found that anything relating to a copyrighted brand or image is also sensored. 👍

Why is "suk" so bad when you can say "suck"?

Disconnected is another of the censored words, which I found out when explaning to the new host of a session that I had created.

Disconnected is another of the censored words, which I found out when explaning to the new host of a session that I had created.

"Con" is apparently not allowed, which explains disconnected and connected being *****d out. :ouch:

The thread title translated to Gran Turismese: ******************************.

It's that bad.

I think I should get the boys on 4chan to start a raid against Sony and PD's swear-filter. if it's a server/group of servers, I'll just come in with a hammer.

You cant say :

Engine
Suzuka
Tsukuba
Hoe gaat het ? ( Meaning how are you in Dutch )
LSD settings

And many more things lol.

What's particularly annoying is when you type a long message and the entire message is ******* out. So now you have to type it over again without even knowing which word caused it. Sometimes I think they're just messin' with us. :lol:

This:
Blaa blaa blaa blaaBlaa blaa blaa blaaBlaa blaa blaa blaaBlaa blaa blaa blaa engine Blaa blaa blaa blaaBlaa blaa blaa blaaBlaa blaa blaa blaaBlaa blaa blaa

=

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Which is annoying

Word sensor must be on host side, he decide if turn On or Off. To much stress to writte a simple and inofensive word, each culture have many words that in many countrys is a ofensive and others are not. Host decides.imo.

I had to find out when I was chatting with a german speaking guy on GT5, I once used the word "bitte" which means "please" and all I got were those stars… and a lot of other completely normal words which I successfully forgot about.

This is why I got a headset

Back