Only 1 win in 92 races

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by thestig911, Jan 6, 2018.

1. kilesa4568

kilesa4568

Deleted.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2018
  2. Shottah072

Shottah072

Yeah but thats driver level (exp) not DR ratings. Would like to see it for DR as well.

kilesa4568 likes this.
  3. Renrag39

Renrag39

Never thought of that! Problem solved! :idea: :lol: :D

RazorSharkz, sirjim73 and GTP_Remo like this.
  4. Manasseh257NSX

Manasseh257NSX

12 wins in 82 races A/S driver. I know how you feel to an extent. Being paired up with folk like TRL_Doodle, Orma_Snow, setted etc. Gives me a slim chance at winning a Sport mode race at this point but it's the consistency that counts. 1 win + countless podium finishes or 10 wins + multiple last place finishes, DNFs, retires, etc.

Shottah072 likes this.
  5. kilesa4568

kilesa4568

Oops.:O

Thank you for the correction.:cheers:

6. Mini Stiggy

Mini Stiggy Premium

Hey there, we always seem to be racing each other (PSN is I__Like_Oranges).

I'm at 80 wins with 184 races finished. I think part of the problem is there just not enough people playing sport to have consistently close races.

7. Corsa

Corsa Premium

I'm not so sure this is for online wins only, anyone verify?
    If so is it only daily races or can we setup lobbies with friends, career count towards this?

Last edited: Jan 6, 2018
  8. Nando deBem

Nando deBem

Good thing about having been an athlete at some point in my life is I know how to lose and not to be frustrated. Lol

A/S

Sport Mode Races132
    Sport Mode Wins17
    Sport Mode Pole Position18
    Sport Mode Fastest Laps10

Manasseh257NSX likes this.
  9. phl0w

phl0w

B/S (12360/99)
    Races 182
    Wins 9
    Pole Positions 10
    Fastest Laps 9

Haven't won a single race since I've been promoted to B 27 days ago. I hardly put effort into qualifying though, I usually clock 2-3 laps depending on the time left till race, and then run 3-5 races with that time before I call it a day.

Of course in Sport Mode, otherwise players would just rig races in lobbies for the torphy.

10. Corsa

Corsa Premium

Ah, as they do in PC2. Got it.

11. Nando deBem

Nando deBem

One of this days, I spent 2 hours qualifying before entering a race. I think I was something like 4 tenths away from the leaderboard... but it put me in lobbies with faSt people and I was able to follow them. Even finishing behind them... I still got DR bumps!

Edited

Last edited: Jan 6, 2018
  12. JacksHerer

JacksHerer

Hehe those fat people are hard to overtake because they are so wide

13. Piet Eastsea

Piet Eastsea

No problems here. Being stuck at level D/C has certain advantages. It's the consecutive clean race nr. which embarasses me.
    Sport Mode Performances8,147
    Sport Mode Sportmanship99/99
    Sport Mode Races453
    Sport Mode Wins25
    Sport Mode Consecutive Clean Races3
    Sport Mode Pole Position31
    Sport Mode Fastest Laps24

14. VanessaMagick

VanessaMagick

34 races; 1 win... and that one win was a one-make on Miyabi. Ha.

ColinNZ likes this.
  15. ColinNZ

ColinNZ

189 races for 7 wins. B/S.

Often find myself in some very competitive fields, with qualifying times within 2 seconds of each other.

16. PorscheHD

PorscheHD

Maybe a stupid question but can tou see those stats in game?

17. VFOURMAX1

VFOURMAX1

You can go to achievements on your home page and see number of races, number of wins, number of poles and number of clean races.

18. GTP_Remo

GTP_Remo Premium

Sport mode only, as far as I can tell.

19. FazerT

FazerT

DR: B/C
    SR:S
    XP Level............ 35
    Races................ 250
    Wins ................ 9
    fastest laps ...... 4
    Pole position ... 11

Every time I get into B, I end up half way down the grid with everyone within .5 second of my time with the front of the grid 2 seconds faster lol.
    Scrapping in the midfield soon has me back in C. I need more close clean races and laps tailing better drivers to help me improve to make B stick and challenge A. The DR isn't important for enjoying a race but it give something to aim for and a reason t improve I guess

Draggon likes this.
  20. Shottah072

Shottah072

Vredefort and jasguer like this.
  21. Seikenfreak

Seikenfreak

@Shottah072 Yea, saw that after my post here.

Now someone with a degree in graphics design or business, go turn it into a pretty looking GT inspired pyramid graph lol

Would also make it more accurate if there was a way to remove Drivers who haven't logged in, in say, a month. Chop off that chunk of people who just bought the game, played it for a day and never came back.

22. J_Martell

J_Martell

I'd have to check my stats, but I think I've only got 1 or 2 wins, and 1 or 2 poles in (its gotta be) over 100 races....

who you're matched with makes all the difference.

23. TheGeologist

TheGeologist

I was just thinking of making a similar post. Everytime I get faster, I just get paired with faster people. I never get to win at my level... I'm now DR B, and I never won a single race when I was DR C.

All of my wins came in DR D.

Dr B
    Sr S
    Races finished: 123
    Wins: 3
    Pole Positions: 0
    Fastest laps: 1

I just want to run well, but anytime I get faster, they just pair me with drivers from the top 10 in the world -_-

Draggon likes this.
  24. Alpha Cipher

Alpha Cipher

25 poles, 18 fastest laps, and 20 wins from a total of 61 races
    Most of my losses came fron spinning out, or disconnecting (thanks to my wonderful ISP :))
    I'm B/B though

fastone371 likes this.
  25. kups420

kups420

I stopped playing online since I got the platinum trophy a day before christmas eve. Best advice I could give is that you need to focus on setting a good qualifying time first before you start with the races. I always make sure my qualifying time is good for top5 in the grid at the least before racing, with top3 being the ideal place to lurk around.

Ended up with:
    99 race wins
    131 poles
    65 fastest laps
    322 races finished (minimum requirement for platinum)
    30% win rate, 40% pole rate, DR:A SR:S

Last edited: Jan 7, 2018
    GTP_Remo likes this.
  26. Sven Jurgens

Sven Jurgens Premium

I'm back to B/S now and as soon as I hit SR.S matchmaking became very harsh again. From starting top 5 in SR.B and SR.A to starting 11th and 12th in SR.S. The last race I did in B/S I didn't even get to finish while I climbed all the way to 4th place, still timed out. I can't compete with cars that qualify that lap in 1:55 and run at 1:57, yet the system thinks that's a fair match. My best is a high 1:59, once in 5 races.

So now I get to deal with stuff like this again

That actually worked in my favor, 2 positions gained before the start and the burning rubber on the first corner had already cleared up.

I kinda feel racing clean is a punishment... Even with 10 sec penalty for yellow flag fails I still gained 8 points out of 11 before for a clean race, back at 99/99. How do you lower SR without lowering DR... (and without hitting people of course) Matchmaking in SR.S kinda sucks. I don't need to have a shot at winning, yet getting to finish a clean 10 lap race without any mistakes is something I do expect should be possible.

fastone371 and TheGeologist like this.
  27. LordExia

LordExia

The way I see it, because those wins don't come around so often, you value them a lot more....at least I know I do. I'm currently at DR A so I usually get matched with a lot with DR S and must faster then me DR A guys and those guys usually just take it and run with it every single time. I don't know about you but I usually get a little bit excited whenever the lobby page is loading cause I can't wait to see who I am matched against and/or where I am on the grid, then lo and behold 5 of the top 10 in my region would be in the lobby....the excitement becomes a deep dark realization that winning is not an option and the best possible result is P6...that is of course, if I can make it out of the first corner unscathed.

28. DriftMethod

DriftMethod

16 wins in approximately 150 races. I make too many mistakes to win consistently, but very happy that I get lucky every once in a while. One thing I learned is when @Schwen_108 and @Mini Stiggy (I__Like_Oranges) are racing, 3rd place feels like a win to me.

Renrag39, Mini Stiggy and GTP_Remo like this.
  29. LordExia

LordExia

There's quite a few other name that needs to go along those 3...TRL_doodle, Orma Snow, Praiano, Turismo Lester and a few more.

30. ShiftingGears

ShiftingGears

My wins/starts rate is around 35%. I certainly think they should have more statistics available to players to see progress that they've made, outside of wins and poles.

Mini Stiggy likes this.