Opera Paris & George V Paris

• Thread starter Zuku
  • 22 comments
United States
Georgia
Netherlord
They weren't my favorite, but it would add to more variety of city tracks which are my favorite. :)

EDIT: Can someone PM me next time they decide to change my title especially considering there was another suggestion with two tracks as well?

Thank you.

Last edited:
Opera_paris.gif

Opera Paris is by far my favourite street track in any GT game, purely because of the road camber and high kerbs. It made it very challenging, and at the same time a lot of fun when compared to the traditional 'flat' street course (i don't mean elevation, i mean road curvature like you'd get on public roads).

i loved taking my minolta toyota to this track and flying though the chicane coming so close to the wall, oh how i miss this track

Yes! I love racing on street circuits, and this was one of my favourites. I wish I could throw more likes at you.

Having these two tracks connected like that would be fun for Endurance Racing, but then again it'd be fun regardless just wish it'd be put back in. It wasn't my favorites, but it help make GT4 as well. especially GVP(George V Paris) at night

EDIT: Also I'd rather have this track than London currently not that it's a bad place, but it's so boring to race around unlike Tokyo R246 and even other city tracks like the new Rome don't get to see much of the city see buildings and that's really about it can't tell it's London basically.

...I'd rather have this track than London currently not that it's a bad place...
I understand, as nice-looking as the London track is, it is cursed with the problem of not having a pit lane, rendering it nearly useless for endurance racing.

I understand, as nice-looking as the London track is, it is cursed with the problem of not having a pit lane, rendering it nearly useless for endurance racing.

You know I never even noticed that sadly it was just it felt closed in like unlike New York track couldn't really view the city like that. It was just buildings, area with the trees shadows and then that one bright spot right after where the crowd of folks are.

Well I accidentally appear to have made a layout for this location. I originally wanted to make a track around Grand Palais as an excuse to purpose it as a photomode location. They hold a car show there and its just beautiful, but anyway I designed a layout around the building and then I went "Oh yeah, Paris has been in GT before, I wonder where those tracks were located." Surely enough I was working smack between the 2 and didn't know it. :lol: So from looking at this thread this layout probably belongs to be posted here.

I think this track is the ultimate street layout. The track technically has 17 turns, I just didn't feel like counting each of the 3 kinks in the narrow chicane on their own. It has plenty of corners primed for passing opportunity and a couple good straights to get the speed up. Yet it also has plenty of old school tight, twisty, technical bits, so it should please everyone. Most importantly it is a good bit wider than the other Paris layouts in enough locations to make it accommodating to a wider variety of cars. The scenery is absolutely stunning too, especially on the run between turns 9 and 10. Seriously, check this place out in street view, Grand Palais is simply stunning.

Grand Palais Paris Circuit Map.png

So that's my little coincidental track, and since it was the original agenda of my mission, here as some pics of the Grand Palais, which held the France's biggest auto show for a long time and holds an event called the Tour Auto today:

00_01.jpg 1BDDCE8B22C78F6585281DF4699A5_h498_w598_m2.jpg1375324-jm16415-jpg_1265796.jpg

Last edited:
I remember @shirakawaa suggested a combined version a few years back (as both tracks irl are located bot far away from each other):

View attachment 104727
(At least I think it was him :boggled:)

That'd feel pretty weird to actually race on, kinda like doing a lap of one circuit, going through a weird intermission phase and then doing a lap of the other circuit, and repeat.

You'd almost expect it to suddenly change to night on the way to George V and then back to day when you get back to Opera :lol:

Well I accidentally appear to have made a layout for this location. I originally wanted to make a track around Grand Palais as an excuse to purpose it as a photomode location. They hold a car show there and its just beautiful, but anyway I designed a layout around the building and then I went "Oh yeah, Paris has been in GT before, I wonder where those tracks were located." Surely enough I was working smack between the 2 and didn't know it. :lol: So from looking at this thread this layout probably belongs to be posted here.

I think this track is the ultimate street layout. The track technically has 17 turns, I just didn't feel like counting each of the 3 kinks in the narrow chicane on their own. It has plenty of corners primed for passing opportunity and a couple good straights to get the speed up. Yet it also has plenty of old school tight, twisty, technical bits, so it should please everyone. Most importantly it is a good bit wider than the other Paris layouts in enough locations to make it accommodating to a wider variety of cars. The scenery is absolutely stunning too, especially on the run between turns 9 and 10. Seriously, check this place out in street view, Grand Palais is simply stunning.

View attachment 141911

So that's my little coincidental track, and since it was the original agenda of my mission, here as some pics of the Grand Palais, which held the France's biggest auto show for a long time and holds an event called the Tour Auto today:
Nice design bra very nice!

Back