• 183 comments

Blitz187

The Man From Amsterdam
Premium
Netherlands
020 A'dam
Blitz187
Are u serious?
I received a couple of clips of this game from a friend and being a BIG FPS fan, I have to say this game looks amazing and also VERY promising... I have not played previous iterations of this series... but I think I am going to pick this one up FOR SURE! 👍 What do you guys think about this upcoming game and what platform will you buy it for since I did see that it will be available on consoles and PC... I unfortunately dont have a good gaming PC so I will have to settle for the PS3 version...

http://www.codemasters.nl/flashpoint/index.php

I think I will enjoy the hardcore mode IMMENSELY :lol:

So who else is waiting to get their hands on this game along with GT5 and others...?? :D

-- To the mods: Did a search and didnt find a thread for it... if Im wrong do as you feel fit! 👍

Last edited:
I am really glad to see the recent trend of games opening up the accessibility to both the hardcore and the casual gamer. Having hardcore modes such as in this game, Forza 1-3, NFS Shift, and so on allows everyone to enjoy the game. Specifically in my interest, hard core gamers benefit from the additional sales to casual gamers, building the budget for their games to potentially make them better, all the while (hopefully) not compromising their realistic gaming experience.

I've been tracking this game quietly for a few months. Basically I want the hardcore side of things, no messing about, just straight up realism and this has been the title which seems to have the best chance of fulfilling my wants. I have never pre-ordered a game in my life but this year I may be pre-ordering 2, Operation Flashpoint 2 and GT5 of course. I really hope they dont dumb it down to much for console users, and I hope they put alot of work into co-op and hopefully allow us to DL levels made on the mission editor (even if the editor itself is only available on PC).

...I have to say this game looks amazing and also VERY promising... I have not played previous iterations of this series... but I think I am going to pick this one up FOR SURE! 👍 What do you guys think about this upcoming game and what platform will you buy it for since I did see that it will be available on consoles and PC... I unfortunately dont have a good gaming PC so I will have to settle for the PS3 version...
Hey Blitz, same here. I've never played an Operation Flashpoint game before but I'm really looking forward to this one. It seems to have the same hardcore style as SOCOM, an aspect of this game I'm really looking forward to trying out. I'm thinking about skipping Call of Duty this year so this'll do the job nicely.

Dunno if this will interest you but I happen to know that the PlayStation3 version is being developed in-house rather than being farmed out to another developer or ported over. I'm still a bit worried though...I mean I have the option to buy this on either platform but I'd prefer to buy it for PlayStation3...simply because I use it more.

If this game looks as good on the PS3 as those videos....look out Modernwarfare2. I can see me using up my sick days at work and tossing the kids in the closet or shipping them to Grandma's house. Now...what to do with the wife?:) In all seriousness, this game looks sick and very much worth the wait. I hope the online offers great experiences as well.

I heard there's a ton of bugs in the game still. Needs more polishing.
Very promising though. Reminds of America's Army.

I played Operation Flashpoint Cold War Crisis, and still that remains one of my favourite FPS games to date. This game looks very promising, however it also has the ability to be a huge let down, it needs the wide array of vehicles that the originals had and the ability to do all the other things the original did. But it looks good so far!

I don't know if I'll get this, I've already got ARMA2 and that's very good.

I really enjoyed the original 'operation flashpoint' I am very much looking forward to this one.

It's going to be hardcore for me.

Hey Blitz, same here. I've never played an Operation Flashpoint game before but I'm really looking forward to this one. It seems to have the same hardcore style as SOCOM, an aspect of this game I'm really looking forward to trying out. I'm thinking about skipping Call of Duty this year so this'll do the job nicely.

Dunno if this will interest you but I happen to know that the PlayStation3 version is being developed in-house rather than being farmed out to another developer or ported over. I'm still a bit worried though...I mean I have the option to buy this on either platform but I'd prefer to buy it for PlayStation3...simply because I use it more.

Yeah, Im really liking the hardcore aspect of this game! Looks very enticing :) I hope they dont dumb down the console versions too much like was mentioned by someone else.... That would be a shame ... Hopefully we see a demo appear in the near future :D

Heres a nice walk through of the 360 version, but it dose show the tactical map feature and confirms online 4 player mode which basicly allows you to do ALL the single player game with 3 of your mates!

Last edited:
Looks fantastic:tup:i'll be keeping my eye out for this, ive never owned or played any of the other O.F games so it will be good to see what this is like.

... and confirms online 4 player mode which basicly allows you to do ALL the single player game with 3 of your mates!

Awesome!!, that alone has moved this game up on my list of games to get:tup::)

Pre-ordered today :) Along with MAG, GT5, Shift and Tekken 6 :P The guy behind the counter was looking at me like.. You are gonna be a busy boy this fall... :lol:

This is a very big DO WANT. I've played the original OPF (although I'm terrible at it) and quite liked it, this looks even better.

Yep I'm ordering too, along with the obligitory GT5, NFS shift, IL2 and Supecar challenge.

Got the SOCOM 1.5 patch on tuesday, then 1.6 and DLC following soon after so as far as shooters go I'm covered till OPF 2 hits LOL The big one for me has to be the 4 player co-op through single player.......that has got to be a major highlight of the year!

I'll go dig some other missions out and put them up.

Yep I'm ordering too, along with the obligitory GT5, NFS shift, IL2 and Supecar challenge.

Got the SOCOM 1.5 patch on tuesday, then 1.6 and DLC following soon after so as far as shooters go I'm covered till OPF 2 hits LOL The big one for me has to be the 4 player co-op through single player.......that has got to be a major highlight of the year!

I'll go dig some other missions out and put them up.

The co-op is what i want to, I love long missions against loads of enemies with just your team with you. I've been waiting a long time to get a game that offers an authentic experience on consoles and this is my only hope.

This and ArmA II Dragontastic though I expect that game my either be a long time coming or a bit of a bugfest if they rush out the conversion to consoles. But to be honest the Co-op aspects I doubt will be in ArmA II

Well, I put out my pre-order, or technically my gf has/will for my bday present :) Can't wait now, the only bummer will be if my university strangles online gaming, that would be a major downer.

Cool, looks like I'll have people to play with online then :) lol.... Got this in pre-order as well ;)

4 player co-op vids all over youtube, already have my sustinance snacks stockpiled for this one LOL

I'm almost looking forward to this as much as I am GT5, I've been waiting an age for a shooter like this on console.

I bought ARMA II because I am a big fan of the original Operation Flashpoint (plus add ons) but I am not sure how OPFlash 2 will be with a different dev team, a demo on the way soon?

Jay
I bought ARMA II because I am a big fan of the original Operation Flashpoint (plus add ons) but I am not sure how OPFlash 2 will be with a different dev team, a demo on the way soon?

Not sure if theres a Demo coming... havent seen or run into any info about it. From the clips Ive seen it looks very good though... A different class of shooter, I have not played the previous one or ArmAII either... so I have really no idea what to expect :)

Last edited:
There's more goodness floating around the net, I can't remember what exactly as I've not been looking recently, well worth youtubing and googling for more info though.

I like the look of this too, first found out about it today while in a game shop and saw the pre-order advert. Looks promising. I get bored of CoD games...

Back