[ORA] FIA GT World Championship [S3] | TRL_Evo and Ramalhinho are your PRO and AM Champions!Finished 

7JpRLBW.png

Monza Finale Event

G8mqtA6.png

ATTENDING
PJTierney
Mikey24
Brutaka
Ramalhinho91
CAMikaze
Pubs16
Dan181295

NOT ATTENDING

Unsure
yuc2002

RodeRuner1967

UNCONFIRMED
bcd73
Charlie A
Toshost
BAZZER
-vinc'-
James Cooper
llmorganll
SSJGZWarrior
JakeKing39
1Lambofan
j1Nk

TO CONFIRM ATTENDANCE, REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE TAKE OFF QUOTE MARKS AND ADD YOUR NAME IN EITHER OPTIONS.

MAKE SURE YOU ARE REPLYING TO THE LATEST ONE!

OTHERWISE THE LIST WILL NOT BE CORRECT...

IF YOU CANNOT DO SO ASK THE STAFF TO DO IT FOR YOU.

seeing as there is a potential poor turn out could i join in?
I'd rather you not because I don't want the Am finale race results to possibly be tampered with by other drivers.
Sorry if that sounded mean I wasn't trying to be mean at all or single you out. This goes for all the pro drivers.

Brutaka's Brief
Monza and S3 overall​
Monza

Qualified: 4th. I had a decent qualifying. I think I could've gotten 3rd if I had been more precise.

Sprint: 9th. Terrible race. I binged it on lap 1 turn 1. I was trying to brake early but @Ramalhinho91 stopped a lot earlier than I expected. I had nowhere to go and I slammed into the wall. I crashed into somebody but I don't know who. I gave up the race.

Endurance: From 9th to 3rd!. From my worst race ever to one of my best races yet. On the first lap I overtook two drivers and made my way for @Dan181295 and @RodeRuner1967. I eventually passed both of them and got into 3rd. I took a pit stop and came back out in 7th. @yuc2002 unfortunately DC'ed and I passed by others who took stops. I then proceeded to have another fantastic battle with my season rival @PJTierney. I eventually won (Payback from Spa) and finished 3rd. An awesome finish to Season 3 and possibly my entire GTWC career. Due to college I may have to retire from GT6 sim racing temporarily. Season 4 may or may not start before I go to College (August). So this race at Monza may be my last in GTWC, It was a great one nonetheless.

Congrats to our AM Double champion: @Ramalhinho91

5TzuUIdX4LEoaxvo1D_0.jpg

The Ford was off the pace last night, but it was damage that limited my results first and foremost.

Pre-Race:
I've been using my Monza setup as my baseline for the past 3 rounds, so not much adjustment needed to be done this week. I ran a few laps to test downforce levels but there wasn't much time to be found.​

Qualifying:
Set a modest lap in line with my previous testing. The Ford was off the pace here so I wasn't expecting much.

5th

Sprint Race:
I got off the line well but then Turn 1 happened, the end result of which for me was heavy front damage. I pitted along with @Dan181295 and @Ramalhinho91 and emerged between the two. Over the next few laps I caught up to @Dan181295 while @Ramalhinho91 caught up to me and the three of us had a decent battle. Once it settled the Nissan was in front and I was clear of @Dan181295 and from then on I simply cruised to the finish.

6th

Feature Race:
I had a strong start for this one immediately gaining spots and by the end of the first lap I was chasing down @yuc2002 for P3. We were evenly matched for the following laps before he began to spin at Ascari; I had nowhere to go and made contact. I pitted immediately for RM, intending to finish the race on a single tank.

With clear air I started to put in some fast laps, including a 1:46. Shortly after this I outbraked myself into Turn 1 however and took some light damage. It wasn't bad enough to force me to pit but my pace from then on was limited; running the numbers I lost about 27 seconds compared to what I would be getting with an undamaged car.

I made a few spots as others pitted and found myself in P3. @Brutaka eventually caught up and I defended hard, but with my front damage I was always going to get beaten and he finally cleared me after a few laps. @Pubs16 then caught me with 2 laps to go and again I fought my position but ultimately he had the straightline speed to get by with a minute to go.

5th

boFHrAsMGIy0FEHvp_0.jpg

Some feedback on the season:

What I liked:
The cars were pretty well balanced for the most part. I did feel however that the Honda was a little bit stronger overall, it didn't seem to have a key weakness unlike the others (the Ford's for example was heavy front tyre wear).

The track list was fairly conservative but still had a bunch of good choices. Monza, Spa and Silverstone were highlights.

The racing in AM was quite good, I had decent battles with multiple drivers throughout the season, most notably @Brutaka and @Mikey24.

The Sprint/Endurance format was well balanced, Endurances were just long enough for fuel to become an issue.

I liked the inclusion of the Super Enduros.​

What I didn't like:
I'm not a big fan of car allocations as opposed to open choice but I understand why you have them. Luckily the cars are balanced enough to make this a non-issue.​

I don't like that Sprint and Endurance have different points payouts. I feel it needlessly overcomplicates matters. A Sprint Race can be just as tough to succeed in as an Endurance due to the different skillset and level of urgency required and as such should be rewarded as much as the longer races.

There were far too many Lap 1 incidents this season; several of my races (and I imagine the same for a few other drivers) were pretty much ruined due to early contact and a forced pitstop.

Results and championship tables need to be uploaded faster, I shouldn't have to wait 5 days in some cases before knowing where I stand championship-wise, especially towards the end of the season. I understand that you have to take potential penalties into consideration but there's no real reason you can't have provisional results and tables up within 24 hours and then make adjustments if any penalties are given.

I think too much weight is placed on the initial driver grading. Running a spec car is fair enough but I feel that DS3 users are somewhat disadvantaged due to the limited throttle and steering control a pad provides. Based on my grading I was one of the bottom-ranked drivers overall but my results this season proved otherwise. I have a recommendation to make regarding this but I'll post it in a follow-up instead of elaborating here.

I didn't like that none of the AM races were broadcast. I understand that PRO is where the key focus is for this series but us AM drivers are just as involved and active and to not be broadcast at any point didn't feel good at all when we've had some genuinely good racing going on.

I wasn't a big fan of RH being the mandatory tyre for the start of Endurance races; I feel that race strategy was limited too much because of it. I would rather have an open tyre selection but a mandatory compound change; that way drivers will still use both RH and RM but you have an additional strategy element where different drivers are quicker at different stages of the race. Right now an Endurance is almost always a 20-30 minute run on RH followed by a single stop for RM, which is quite limiting.

Your Twitter account is dead, it needs to be used more frequently. You can share updates on when rolecalls have started, drivers briefings have been posted, lobbies are open, results/tables added etc.

I don't like how the in-game club is under-utilised. First off there is no profile pic, which makes the club look less appealing:

Uwx5aBX.png

Second, there are no in-game events or any way to download the lobby settings. Here is what I have been doing (events are for an upcoming season). This was very successful for Really Rubbish Racing in the past as people would often hold practice lobbies in the days before a race. You could also see the results of any practice races held, so that you know what kind of pace to expect on race day.

CpF85ce.png

4s48TTu.png

Suggestions for the future:
I'd like to see some longer circuits used; it would be nice to have some Super Enduros on the Nurburgring N24 layout or LeMans for example.

I'd like to see some form of variable weather added; it doesn't need to be for every event, maybe keep it to the Super Enduros to make them feel a bit more special.

It would be nice to have a quicker time progression in place. The Spa race was quite interesting as it transitioned from day to night and presented a new set of challenges (if you have day/night races however please set the room quality to maximum as otherwise opposing car's lights don't work properly). Maybe some 24 hour transitions if you go ahead with LeMans/Nurburgring.

I'd like the Sprints to be run on RM tyres from the beginning, or for us to at least have the option. On some circuits it may even be a case that towards the end of the 20 minutes an RM driver is struggling for grip and you've have a tortoise-and-hare situation as the RM runners try to fend off the RH drivers.

I'd like to see a Reverse Grid for the Endurance races, could lead to some interesting results.
Sorry if this comes across as negative, that's not my intention. I quite enjoyed this season but wanted to give some honest feedback regardless.

Last edited:
I think too much weight is placed on the initial driver grading. Running a spec car is fair enough but I feel that DS3 users are somewhat disadvantaged due to the limited throttle and steering control a pad provides. Based on my grading I was one of the bottom-ranked drivers overall but my results this season proved otherwise. I have a recommendation to make regarding this but I'll post it in a follow-up instead of elaborating here.

My suggestion regarding this is a 3-tier grading system:

The first is to lock in the AM and PRO champions so that they're both competing in PRO (you do this already).

The second is to assign each driver a point value based on where they finished in the previous season's championship. You'd give max points for the top driver in each class and decrease it as the positions go down. This rewards drivers that are loyal to the series by signing up for consecutive seasons.

The third is the normal driver grading system, but to award a second set of points based on laptime.

You then add up the point totals, with the top half being in PRO and the bottom half in AM.​

The benefit of this system is that a driver's overall performance (and implied skill) is measured, as opposed to their one-lap pace on a specific car and specific circuit. A driver may simply be a bad qualifier, but a good racer that always finishes ahead of where he starts, which is something the current system does not take into consideration.

To give a practical example, here is what a hypothetical Season 4 lineup would look like if we take the current season's championship positions and assume that everybody got the same laptimes they did in the initial grading:

PTRqevU.png

Some notes on this:

@TNR_KING_FILO, @TeamEdge702 and @Mikey24 all had weak gradings but a strong season, and as such would be graded higher than a pure lap-based system.

@Glenalz81 and @TORCHON had good gradings but either didn't compete or dropped out early, which meant that they took up potential car allocations from other drivers and were over-rewarded for what was simply a 5 lap run on a single night.

I believe this new system is fairer for all involved and I recommend you consider it for the upcoming season or any where you do driver grading and car allocation.

Attachments

• GTP GTWC.xlsx
    12.7 KB · Views: 13
My suggestion regarding this is a 3-tier grading system:

The first is to lock in the AM and PRO champions so that they're both competing in PRO (you do this already).

The second is to assign each driver a point value based on where they finished in the previous season's championship. You'd give max points for the top driver in each class and decrease it as the positions go down. This rewards drivers that are loyal to the series by signing up for consecutive seasons.

The third is the normal driver grading system, but to award a second set of points based on laptime.

You then add up the point totals, with the top half being in PRO and the bottom half in AM.​

The benefit of this system is that a driver's overall performance (and implied skill) is measured, as opposed to their one-lap pace on a specific car and specific circuit. A driver may simply be a bad qualifier, but a good racer that always finishes ahead of where he starts, which is something the current system does not take into consideration.

To give a practical example, here is what a hypothetical Season 4 lineup would look like if we take the current season's championship positions and assume that everybody got the same laptimes they did in the initial grading:

PTRqevU.png

Some notes on this:

@TNR_KING_FILO, @TeamEdge702 and @Mikey24 all had weak gradings but a strong season, and as such would be graded higher than a pure lap-based system.

@Glenalz81 and @TORCHON had good gradings but either didn't compete or dropped out early, which meant that they took up potential car allocations from other drivers and were over-rewarded for what was simply a 5 lap run on a single night.

I believe this new system is fairer for all involved and I recommend you consider it for the upcoming season or any where you do driver grading and car allocation.
To be fair, I spun on one of my grading laps and I couldn't get used to the car. 👍

well seeing as this is not a tuning prohibited series i felt the grading system wasn't as thorough as it could have been. I went near full on pace but the camber which impacts the DS3 more than the wheel resulted in me becoming 4th reserve and waiting for 3 events till i could race. Both impacting my effort in the championship and moral.

you could improve this by say perhaps using a GTWC spec car (with tuning allowed) and say after 5 or 6 laps your 2 fastest laps are then combined to give you an accumulative time you can use to order people from fastest to slowest.

Qualifying

I screwed up my two laps :boggled: Made a mistake at second chicane on lap 1 which cost me a few tenths and then on lap 2 I lost the car at Parabolica :banghead: Fortunately the first lap was enough for P2. Last time we're at Monza my Q time was 1:48.125 and yesterday only a 1:48.993. However it would not be enough anyway for P1, which was set by @Mikey24 with an awesome lap. Really fast mate well done 👍

2nd

Sprint

I started well, but I knew that first chicane would cause troubles for some drivers. I didn't apply 100% brake press because I didn't want to cause any problems right at first corners. Then I was hit from behind and that caused me right rear and front left damage. I went to the pits for RM at the end of the lap and exited on P8 and last.
I had a good battle with @PJTierney and @Dan181295 for a couple of laps and after passing them I went for @Pubs16 and If I did not wasted so much time on that battle with the Ford's I could have catched @RodeRuner1967, only 0.7 ahead of me.

4th

Endurance

I think the start went with no major drama, I made a couple of positions at the first chicane and all I could do was handle for P2 cause I knew @Mikey24 was faster. I tried to play a pit strategy but it was not effective lol Then at 5mins from the end I was being faster and I saw him going to the pits to put some more fuel.
It was really good to end the championship with a win, but @Mikey24 was clearly stronger yesterday.

1st

I want to thank all of you for this great season, my first season on GTPlanet. Becoming AM champion is just fantastic for me.
The ORA staff is trully dedicated to this, and I hope to be back for Season 4! :)

I wish all the best to all of you (PRO/AM) and a good GT Cup :cheers:

P.S- I think I don't have the tuning skills to compete with PRO guys since I'm kind of new on this things :scared::crazy:

Last edited:
Back