ORDL GamePOD Road Series Season 1 - Lexus ISF RM Championship

  • Thread starter Thread starter kris8583
  • 611 comments
  • 30,465 views

Please select your preferred next race event:

  • Mitsubishi Evo V Subaru Impreza Cup

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Nissan GTR 07 STD Super Cup

    Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Ferrari 458 Knockout Cup

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • BMW Concept 1 Series tii 07 Championship

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • RUF RGT 00 PIT Championship

    Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Audi R8 5.2 FSI Quattro 09 Cup

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    12
  • Poll closed .
Yeah I think im somewhere round there mate. Would be nice if all ORDL members are in for the practice tomorrow night

Depending in the time I'll be there. It can't be after 9, and not before 7.
 
Yeah I think im somewhere round there mate. Would be nice if all ORDL members are in for the practice tomorrow night


By the time difference here will be 17:30, so I'll be in college at that time. Mondays and Wednesdays only, others are days off ... I hope to meet in the practice lobby, greetings.

Ok so close to 400 miles on the clock in the Lexus and after oil change figures showing are 735 HP and 608 PP. Anyone getting similar figures?

exactlly the same here...but for my partner is a bit less, just dont know how much...

I haven't hit those miles yet. I have always heard the break in period was 300km which is the equivalent of 186 miles. How long do you guys typically drive before the break in oil change? I think my PP will be close to that though. Numbers sound right.

go to B spec, put the car and B pilot in the laguna seca race (90 LAPS) about 200 miles. Let the race finish and change the oil of the car... thats it! good luck!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Have we found neal a team mate yet? Ive been posting ordl info in game lobbies on gt5 trying to get some more members.
 
unofficial practice lobby up, running by RatG-_- now for those who wants to share and discuse a tune for this trak. lobby name ORLD PRACTICE: 1472-6118-3701-4254-8442
 
Could do mate but.... im at work for another 12 hours yet

Must add its good to see you lot getting online, i will admit i was worried i wouldnt have any takers when i first sugguested the league lol
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Must add its good to see you lot getting online, i will admit i was worried i wouldnt have any takers when i first sugguested the league lol

lol
 
unofficial practice lobby up, running by RatG-_- now for those who wants to share and discuse a tune for this trak. lobby name ORLD PRACTICE: 1472-6118-3701-4254-8442

So while im at work protecting the public how did tonights practice runs go? Oh and who from ORDL is using a wheel?
 
So while im at work protecting the public how did tonights practice runs go? Oh and who from ORDL is using a wheel?

I have a wheel, wether I will use it or not, it yet to be decided. Probably be a last minute thing.
 
Still havent got you a team mate neal, hows the lap times coming along?
 
Still havent got you a team mate neal, hows the lap times coming along?

Not been on GT5 all week, in fact, the last time I played it was when i posted here with a lap time for the standard ISF RM.
 
Im really looking forward to the first round now, im going to get the rest if the rounds in the calendar tomorrow and see if i can fit another intermediate event around it.
 
No wheel, just controller. Considering dropping some money on a wheel though. Any suggestions on good ones for GT5?
 
No wheel, just controller. Considering dropping some money on a wheel though. Any suggestions on good ones for GT5?

DFGT, or G25.or G27. If value is your bag, DFGT, it's the wheel I have.
 
i have the g27 (perfect wheel!!) RatG-_- has the DFGT... we are lapping under 1:52.5xx

now under 1:51.8xx
 
Last edited:
Yeah I have a g27 its a great wheel and makes hell of a difference over a ds3.

I will be opening the practice lounge earlier that scheduled tonight, will be open around 9pm

i have the g27 (perfect wheel!!) RatG-_- has the DFGT... we are lapping under 1:52.5xx

now under 1:51.8xx

Just checked my lap times now im home, 1:52.050 with some room for improvement. Looks like this is going to be a close race. Look forward to seeing you guys online later.

Im interested in joining. How many laps? Which speed setting on tire wear? Tire restrictions?

Are you signing up mate?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Ran about 10 laps last night, with the broken I'm car. 1:53.9xx. Looks like I have some work to do.
 
Ran about 10 laps last night, with the broken I'm car. 1:53.9xx. Looks like I have some work to do.

You will do all right joe, are you in tonight for team practice fella?
If we had the beginner series up and running it may of suited you to start there to get race experience but at the moment there just are not enough members to do it. I have updated the race calendar and the first tier championship for promotion and relegation is the start of may. If there are enough of us then and you wish to drop down then it can be done that way and leave another driver in the intermediate series.

If anyone has any input about the website etc just let me know and il nake changes for the benefit of our members.
 
I can't practice tonight until 9:00 PM my time, but that's 2:00 AM for you Brits. I'll keep working on it. I think a beginner series would be a good start, but we'll just need to wait and see on members. I have to work on my ass end not sliding out so much, I think it's going to be a combination of throttle control and tightening up my car. I tried ballast, but that didn't work well. If anyone has suggestions on cleaning up the rear of the car without ruining the cars ability to coast through turns I would appreciate the advice.

BTW: this is a lot of fun. I like figuring out these kinds of problems.

Good luck to all
 
I can't practice tonight until 9:00 PM my time, but that's 2:00 AM for you Brits. I'll keep working on it. I think a beginner series would be a good start, but we'll just need to wait and see on members. I have to work on my ass end not sliding out so much, I think it's going to be a combination of throttle control and tightening up my car. I tried ballast, but that didn't work well. If anyone has suggestions on cleaning up the rear of the car without ruining the cars ability to coast through turns I would appreciate the advice.

BTW: this is a lot of fun. I like figuring out these kinds of problems.

Good luck to all

If you mean as your coming out of corners then throttle control is key along with trying to get the car straight. Go for a DFGT or even better, a G27 they are great wheels and help with throttle control and being able to correct steering is easier than with a DS3. Your lap time is not bad at all, maybe you could try slightly different lines and later braking to make up a little time. Ballast will only hinder you when it comes to the races with no one else carrying any additional weight.

I dont know if best lap replays can be shared for you to use as a ghost lap? Have you been using your ghost to see where you can make up time or where your behind whilst setting laps?
 
Yeah I have been using the ghost, it helps a lot. I am just going to keep at it and see if I can chip away at that time. I know I'm slow through the middle section of the track right before the first tunnel and towards the end coming out of the last tunnel. I can gain time there with better lines.

Thanks for the advice.
 
i would like to join Adrian_187

adrian_187 lexus blue (P) No tuning
 
Last edited by a moderator:
adrian_187 lexus blue (P) No tuning

Thats great, can you please visit the webiste and complete the registration form for the ORDL registration. I dont understand what you mean by no tuning, are you wanting to join the beginner league. If so we dont have enough members yet so we are all in the intermediate series for now. To join the Lexus ISF RM Championship you will need the event registration form, decide on car number and if you want to be a new entry or part of neallcroppers team. If so your car color will have to match his.

Sorry its a lot to take in and hope to see you online in the practice tonight!

Yeah I have been using the ghost, it helps a lot. I am just going to keep at it and see if I can chip away at that time. I know I'm slow through the middle section of the track right before the first tunnel and towards the end coming out of the last tunnel. I can gain time there with better lines.

Thanks for the advice.

The middle is the hardest part and try to stay tidy through the last tunnel, its long and a lot of time be lost here and the two corners after it.

Just waiting for out newest member adrian_187 to complete registration and il add him in to the championship, still need a few more to fill that grid.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Did you guys say that there was a practice tonight?

Also can I get confirmation of the specs that we have to have, and tyres, because I have just ran a 1.47.367 that's way to fast.
 
Last edited:
My lounge open friends requests have been sent

Neal, all on our website under regulations me thinks your on racing tyres and not sports haha and yes practice is open
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Neal, all on our website under regulations me thinks your on racing tyres and not sports haha and yes practice is open

Right, yeah I'm on RS.

Also kris, use the edit button aswel pal, the mods don't like double posting ;-)
 
After some testing last night with the lexus it became apparent that the tyre types available in each series may not be suitable for the power that some cars produce. I did some testing with other vehicles that would be in the intermediate and beginner league and found similar results there too.

So I have changed the regulations for each series on the website to better suit the requirements. Please see the tier regulations on the website for more info.

http://onlineracedrivingleague.weebly.com/

Cheers,
Kris
 
Last edited:
After some testing last night with the lexus it became apparent that the tyre types available in each series may not be suitable for the power that some cars produce. I did some testing with other vehicles that would be in the intermediate and beginner league and found similar results there too.

So I have changed the regulations for each series on the website to better suit the requirements. Please see the tier regulations on the website for more info.

http://onlineracedrivingleague.weebly.com/

Cheers,
Kris

Great. Drove last night on the SS and still couldn't crack 1:53.xxx. I'll try the Racing Mediums tonight and see how it goes.

I'd be up for some practice around 4:30 my time. 9:30 for you folks if anyone can make it. I'll be in evolutions lounge.
 
Great. Drove last night on the SS and still couldn't crack 1:53.xxx. I'll try the Racing Mediums tonight and see how it goes.

I'd be up for some practice around 4:30 my time. 9:30 for you folks if anyone can make it. I'll be in evolutions lounge.

Yeah there is a practice again tonight, keep checking the race calendar as ive added some stuff recently including the tier promotion championship scheduled for may, hope by then we should have more members!.

I sent all members a psn friends request last night so keep an eye on your messages.
 
Last edited:
After some testing last night with the lexus it became apparent that the tyre types available in each series may not be suitable for the power that some cars produce. I did some testing with other vehicles that would be in the intermediate and beginner league and found similar results there too.

So I have changed the regulations for each series on the website to better suit the requirements. Please see the tier regulations on the website for more info.

http://onlineracedrivingleague.weebly.com/

Cheers,
Kris


ohh com'on... that makes more funny to drive thoose lexus... on racing tyres they have too much grip an makes the car boring.... remember this is not an easy track... try monza and u will find ur car more stable and easier to drive
 
Do not change the tyre restriction for this division. with SS tires, everything is closer to real life and is more fun too.
 
Back