Original Xbox, PS2, GameCube, or dreamcast?

• Thread starter Nay2002
  • 14 comments

Which game console did you prefer?

• Xbox

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • PS2

Votes: 10 66.7%
  • GameCube

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Dreamcast

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ps2. Because Gran Turismo 4. Plus you could play all your PS1 discs too, so you had all four volumes of GT to that point :D

Impossible to vote for one. The Dreamcast was great, the Gamecube was my most favourite Nintendo console. The PS2 home to some my most played games.

The Xbox didn't push my buttons and was unplugged early and never used again.

Can I pick 2 ? PS2 and Dreamcast. I still have PS2 slim in as new condition, I would love to have a Dreamcast again, around 16 years ago, I was loaned one by my best friend for about 2 years, he had 3 of them, 1 in box, 2 were modded, 1 loaned to me.

I've never played the Dreamcast, but I had a PS2, Xbox and Gamecube. Gotta say the Gamecube was the most fun to me and had the best games at the time. I'll probably be in the minority with that opinion, but I loved the little thing. I still think the original Metroid Prime is one of the greatest games made, of any era. It's just perfect.

I owned a PS2 and obviously it was great but I also really liked the GameCube. Borrowed one off a friend for a week back in the day and it was great.

There was just something about it, it was a cool design and was also Nintendo's last system that was powered on an equal footing, if not slightly better than the competition at the time.

Unfortunately I never ended up with one, I had a first gen GBA which gave me my Nintendo fix.

PS2 cause of the jrpg lineup was untouchable by the other three.

Which is still the case even today with the ps4, xb1, switch

Last edited:
Had to vote PS2, though they're all great...

I do have a special fondness for the original Xbox though, since it was my first console from that era.

PS2 cause of the jrpg lineup was untouchable by the other three.

Which is still the case even today with the ps4, xb1, switch

I wouldn't count the Switch out on the JRPG front. PS4 definitely isn't untouchable, it just has a decent headstart. Nintendo's portable systems have always seen good JRPG support, and the Switch is already shaping up nicely in that regard.

I voted for PS2 because of its racing games, as well as the trio of Ace Combat titles and a handful of other exclusives/multiplats, but primarily racing games. It was my first "racing game box", like my XB360 and now my PS4, yet it still remains hooked up while the XB360 got shelved to make space for the PS4. :)

Nintendo consoles have always been my first choice and usually where I collect a more varied set of games, but the GCN was kind of thin on games that appealed to me, though of course I'm glad I didn't miss out on some of the top exclusives. Unlike the complementary status of my XB360 and PS4, I bought more PS2 games than GCN games. The mega Xbox and the Dreamcast each had some cool exclusives too -- I'm glad I had chances to play several such titles back then -- but not enough.

Had to vote PS2, though they're all great...

I do have a special fondness for the original Xbox though, since it was my first console from that era.

I wouldn't count the Switch out on the JRPG front. PS4 definitely isn't untouchable, it just has a decent headstart. Nintendo's portable systems have always seen good JRPG support, and the Switch is already shaping up nicely in that regard.
For smaller jrpgs yeah but what about triple A jrpgs? games like main line final fantasy, kingdom hearts, Nier: Automata, persona 5 and so on.

The one big difference between the ps4 and switch is while the switch gets small to double a jrpgs the ps4 gets the whole pie. 👍

DQ XI, Xenoblade 2 and SMT V are what I’d also consider to be AAA for JRPG standards, which are on or coming to Switch (and two are exclusive, in fact).

And if, like me, you consider Japanese SRPGs as part of the JRPG pie, then you also have stuff like Valkyria Chronicles 4 and Fire Emblem. (And FE is another exclusive)

So yeah, the PS4 has some good games. But the Switch is no slouch and is absolutely getting some tasty slices the PS4 isn’t.

But let’s not derail the thread further, eh? They’re both fantastic systems with fantastic games

Last edited:
PS2 for me because Gran Turismo and I never had a Gamecube or Xbox. The Dreamcast I have to give credit to though because that is the first ever video game system I played and I'm pretty sure remember. I vaguely remember playing Gran Turismo 3 in its early days, and my parents said they bought that game on its release day, but I also remember playing an arcade racing game on the Dreamcast that had a Jeep Wrangler and one of the maps had a tornado. I can't remember the name of that game, but I assume I was playing that before the PS2 came out. I also remember my dad using the Sega Channel, but I don't recall in particular what it was used for.
After GT3 came out I probably only played on the Dreamcast ten hours or so total while I'm on the PS2 still more than that a year, both systems I enjoyed and continue to keep around.

PS2 is the best selling console of all time. It was a giant leap from PS1 and had an amazing library of games and above all one of the cheapest DVD players to get at the time.

Back