ORS GT | Season 2

• Thread starter Oniichan
  • 321 comments
I'm intrigued, looking forward to seeing what you settle on next year.

@jtv90069 - Do you know how long after release are you planning to start up the WRS again? Also, as it is a new game, will we need to qualify again to get classified? I used to be either D1S or D1B (can't honestly remember as it has been so long) so will that remain or will I need to resubmit a time?

There will be a new qualifier for GT6. I'm assuming we'll have something sorted within a month.
As none of us have the game yet and those that do still have online options locked(until day 1 patch) there's little else we can do for now except discuss theories.

Xerx - sorry my bad but it looks like the NSX Concept will be in GT6 but in the Day 1 1.01 patch. I can't wait to drive it, will probably be the only car (once i buy it) i'll be driving for a few months lol.

No worries mate, I thought it was in but wasn't 100% sure either. Other thing I like the idea of is an FRS/BRZ/GT86 championship like someone else is running in the US. That would be cool, I almost brought a BRZ when they released here but couldn't bring myself to wait while all the pre-orders were filled first. Was expected to be almost 12 months wait... :banghead: There we so many cars in the game that will make great series racers, even the new GT3s, especially the base models we can have team colours on too!

Taital! Good to hear from you again mate, will definitely be back into it once you kick off in GT6.
When I moved house shortly after the IS-F series the internet at the new place wasn't fast enough to play online with any consistency so I had to pull out. Have had the net fixed since (was a problem with the copper cable) and now I should be all good to get back into it.
Wished I had got all the GT5 DLCs and started racing again sooner but as I'm sure everyone here knows life and work can get in the way... :boggled:
I don't think I ever dominated the series, I wasn't really ever faster than everyone, possibly lucky not to get caught up in big incidents and slightly more consistent so even on a bad night I still bagged some decent points. But I put that down to having real racing experience, it helps teach you a lot that translates to games also.
The one moment that still haunts me from the IS-F series was at Le Mans when I had a massive lead (30+ seconds) and ran out of petrol on the run to the S bends :dunce: on the final lap and I think it was Mike who caught and passed me in the final chicane... :ouch: LoL, 🤬 happens.

Wow I clicked on the thread and a few Xerxs posts!!

Talk about your blast from the past. Them were some good days.

Good to see you're still about mate.

Hey Mick, good to see you are still about too, I saw Evan was entered in this series but didn't see you anywhere.

Will you be rejoining the series in GT6? We had a good season in our Red and Green machines!

That was a while ago now, I look forward to rejoining you all on the track very soon.

Re add me xerx.. got game before you guys now its sitting in my van huanting me till i finish work at 3!! Can't wait!

I hope you all have been enjoying GT6 and building those credits. While we all wait for the next full ORS season to begin next year. I have decided to host a mini season this monday night on the 16th of December.

ORS_S11_R1_zpsb2e56a75.jpg

To participate, you'll need to purchase the Renault Sports Megane Trophy Base Model '11 to participate. The car can be purchased for 100,000cr from the Renault Sports dealership. The car must remain stock and untuned to keep the racing close.

Each round (race) will vary from 8-12 laps during the night. We have 6 races in total on the night. Damage will be set to light for all 6 races and tyre wear set to very fast. There will be no mandatory pit stops. The tyre for the night will be racing hards only.

The first race will feature a 5 minute qualifying session. After that all races will be reverse grid based on previous race result.

All the standard ORS rules will apply during the night.

Race start will be at 8:30pm AEDT, 7:30pm AEST, 10:30 NZDT.

Tracks we will be racing on;

Race 1 | Apricot Hill
Race 2 | Brand's Hatch GP Circuit
Race 3 | Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit
Race 4 | Willow Springs
Race 5 | Spa Francorchamps
Race 6 | Bathurst

Let me know if you will be participating in the event.

Cheers,
Oni.

Last edited:
I hope you all have been enjoying GT6 and building those credits. While we all wait for the next full ORS season to begin next year. I have decided to host a mini season this monday night on the 16th of December.

ORS_S11_R1_zpsb2e56a75.jpg

To participate, you'll need to purchase the Renault Sports Megane Trophy Base Model '11 to participate. The car can be purchased for 100,000cr from the Renault Sports dealership. The car must remain stock and untuned to keep the racing close.

Each round (race) will vary from 8-12 laps during the night. We have 8 races in total on the night. Damage will be set to light for all 8 races and tyre wear set to fast. There will be no mandatory pit stops. The tyre for the night will be racing hards only.

The first race will feature a 5 minute qualifying session. After that all races will be reverse grid based on previous race result.

All the standard ORS rules will during the night.

Tracks we will be racing on;

Race 1 | Apricot Hill
Race 2 | Brand's Hatch GP Circuit
Race 3 | Deep Forest Reverse
Race 4 | Silverstone (TBC Layout)
Race 5 | Matterhorn (TBC Layout)
Race 6 | Madrid Mini Circuit
Race 7 | Spa Francorchamps
Race 8 | Bathurst

Let me know if you will be participating in the event.

Cheers,
Oni.

I'm ready!

Timetable for the start the same as the usual ORS? (8:30pm AEDT, 7:30pm AEST, 10:30 NZDT)

Cac.

I will be in attendance, but will depart quickly if I lag. Kind of hoping it's a server issue that will decrease in time as there's nothing more I think I can do to solve it.

Taking ideas

That's a negative mate. Cars will be completely untuned in both suspension, gearbox, parts, etc.

They definitely are fun. Yeah qualifying starts at 10:30 NZDT for you. It's only 5 minutes and we can't start until everyone arrives.

Also i have changed the races to 6 from 8 and removed matterhorn for Willow Springs due to the cars not liking Matterhorn.

They definitely are fun. Yeah qualifying starts at 10:30 NZDT for you. It's only 5 minutes and we can't start until everyone arrives.

Also i have changed the races to 6 from 8 and removed matterhorn for Willow Springs due to the cars not liking Matterhorn.

Are mics disabled tonight?!

I need more of these "practice races", it's been a long time since i raced in a group online, feeling very rusty.
No one seems to be complaining about me jumping around the place, i assume everyone is ok with my connection?

Back