ORS GT | Season 2

• Thread starter Oniichan
  • 321 comments
ORS GT | SEASON 2 | ROUND 5 | PRE RACE BRIEFING

For Round 5 we remain in Japan and head over to Motegi for a 40 lap race.

ORS_GT_S2_R5_zpsf7b35f10.jpg

The following ORS Rules apply at all times during qualifying and racing.

- Two wheels must remain inside or on the white line at all times
- Drivers must ensure when entering the pits that they nor their b-spec driver cuts the white lines
- Drivers must stay inside pit exit line when exiting pits
- Regardless of position when overtaking the car in front has the ownership of the racing line
- Lapped cars must give way to leaders of the race and not become an obstacle
- Ramming not tolerated
- Foul language not tolerated
- Please keep text comments to a minimum while qualifying sessions are underway
- Text chat can only be used by stewards during a race

A full list of penalties and the points that will be applied to a driver for each penalty can be found by clicking the banner below.

If you do have an off be wary of the reduced grip level once you've rejoined the track. Also when rejoining, please aware of your position on the track relative to your fellow races. Drivers rejoining the track must give way to race traffic and not become an obstruction.

All drivers must ensure they have set their cars to meet required specifications (see page 1) for the race. Failure to comply can results in a point penalty, disqualification from the race to removal from the series (see infringement link above).

The following drivers need to ensure they are carrying the below ballast for Monday night.

Rod_AUS - 35kgs (1235kg)
Oni_chan- 25kgs (1305kg)

Failure to comply can results in 1 race bans to removal from the series.

Now finally all drivers must make sure they submit their tyre choice for qualifying/race start by 12pm (Sydney time) Sunday. Once your tyre choice has been submitted you cannot change it. If you fail to nominate a tyre by the deadline you will qualify and start the race on Racing Hards.

Regards,

Oni
ORS Committee

Tyre choice is now closed. All those that did not nominate a tyre will be starting on racing hards.

can i sign up to this?

Unfortunately the series is restricted to Australia and New Zealand only. Plus we are now full for this season. Sorry mate.

It is with sad news that I have to announce the immediate retirement of the Pink Panther AMG, after one and a half seasons of competition it has been decided that the team are going to push forward the release of the new car to the next round.

Another great night of racing, thank you all once again.

Had some great fights with Oni, Mustafur, Roto and Jon. Really felt for you Jon, you had a great pace mate.

Awesome final 10 laps with Roto, Jon and I having a great fight with the climax being on the final lap, final 3 corners with Jon and I side by side (worth having that on a replay). Thanks for that Jon!

One comment/reminder to everyone, if you hit/push someone out and you want to wait for them, please do it on a safe place where you won't cause problems to others.

Other than that, great race and well done Oni for the win.

Now on another note Oni, as a heads up, I will be away next week and also on the week starting 18th o November for 3 weeks, so I will be missing at least 4 races. After that I think it will be more like "catch you on GT6" ;)

Cheers All,
Rod

Hey guys
I need to apologies to mus for wrecking his race on lap 29 on the back straight i had a brain fade and i braked at the no slipstream brake marker not at the slipstream brake marker and could not get my car stopped and plowed into the side of him giving him damage.
So sorry buddy.

CHEERS redness-63 (;)

Bit of a jumbled race, at the start I nudged JTV wide when my car flicked to his direction when i got on the power which spun him, I slowed down to let him past but once he fully spun i didn't really have a choice, Im sorry for that as it screwed your race and it wasn't my intention I could see you there the whole time but i didn't have time to react to the flick and thats all that was needed.

That allowed Rod to get ahead and for the next few laps i was trying to get past after a did i opened up a fairly healthy gap to keep him out of my draft and started to be a bit easier on my Tyres as my car is quite bad on them, after the pits everything was going well then I spun on the exit of turn 4 and was very lucky to miss the wall.

That dropped me behind Oni, but even still I felt a win was on the cards as i had good race pace and i was sure he was on the mediums where I was on hards, then after the 2nd pit stop i ended up behind redness after i had to put in extra fuel thanks to the thirsty V12 of the Lambo, I managed to put heavy pressure on him and eventually got past, I then pumped out as fast lapsas i could but redness was just able to stay with my draft as he could brake soo much later, then he missed his brake marker a few laps later and took us both out, I had to pit again as I had heavy left side damage by this stage any decent result was now lost.

Sometimes these things happen, not very pleased but im happy to know that I had the car to go for the win and hopefully I can make it work at the next round.

Gents,

A roster change will mean I'll miss Mondays race at Trial Mountain (Round 6), but, at this stage, be able to make Grand Valley East (Round 7) that I was not expecting to make.

Fuji F (Round 9) is still a no show at this stage.

Cac.

Thanks for the heads up Cac. Looks like we will be 3 down (Rod, Arie & Cac) come Trial Mountain. Wildcards let me know if you can make Round 6 - Trial Mountain.

My race at Motegi was pretty straight forward. Not much excitement and a pretty cruisy race for me. I had a little battle with Rod as i was trying to claw back time after losing a position and a few seconds behind the leader due to the turn 2 incident. I managed to tap Rod along under brakes a few times until i eventually outbreaked myself by a mile and ended up deep into the sand which dropped me back from 3 seconds behind the leader to 11 seconds by the time i got out. I went on for a few more laps and decided to try pit early and do an undercut.

I went out on mediums again to claw back all the time lost in the sand and hope i could hold off anyone coming on my final stint using hards as i knew everyone behind me would be on mediums making it very difficult. Luckily for me there were about 5 guys battling for 3rd place so their fighting helped me manage to cruise to the finish line. So for me not a lot happened that race. No battles and a cruise to the finish line.

Now boys i have finally finished Round 2 video. Hopefully i can get more up quicker but they do take up alot of time to edit.

ORS GT | SEASON 2 | ROUND 6 | PRE RACE BRIEFING

For Round 6 we head into the mountain for a 48 lap around Trial Mountain.

ORS_GT_S2_R6_zpsa5e59207.jpg

- Ripple Strip Rules will come in effect around Trial Mountain. See below image
- Drivers must ensure when entering the pits that they nor their b-spec driver cuts the white lines
- Regardless of position when overtaking the car in front has the ownership of the racing line
- Ramming not tolerated

ORS_GT_RippleStrip_Rule_zps24806487.jpg

As you may be aware Trial Mountain's track edge lines (white lines) are quite far away from the apex if a corner. Therefore for round 6 the Ripple Strip Ruling will come in effect. See above image for what is considered acceptable and what is not. There are also corners around Trial Mountain that has yellow lined areas (break down zones), you are permitted to use these zones during qualifying and the race.

If you are found to be cutting corners or running wide consistently or frequently then you will be penalised by the stewards. Penalties can range from point deductions, grid penalties, 1 race bans and up to disqualifications from the entire ORS GT Season 2. Ensure you have read all the rules in the opening post (page 1).

A full list of penalties and the points that will be applied to a driver for each penalty can be found by clicking the banner below.

If you do have an off be wary of the reduced grip level once you've rejoined the track. Also when rejoining, please aware of your position on the track relative to your fellow races. Drivers rejoining the track must give way to race traffic and not become an obstruction.

All drivers must ensure they have set their cars to meet required specifications (see page 1) for the race. Failure to comply can results in a point penalty, disqualification from the race to removal from the series (see infringement link above).

The following drivers need to ensure they are carrying the below ballast for Monday night.

Oni_chan- 60kgs (1340kg)
Rod_AUS - 35kgs (1235kg)
X4rotorsploxX - 25kgs (1380kg)

Now finally all drivers must make sure they submit their tyre choice for qualifying/race start by 12pm (Sydney time) Sunday using the banner below.

Once your tyre choice has been submitted you cannot change it. If you fail to nominate a tyre by the deadline you will qualify and start the race on Racing Hards.

Follow this link if you wish to see everyones submissions: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...andMSHpfbkRaU0laeDlYYVhhZVE&usp=sharing#gid=1

Regards,

Oni
ORS Committee

Last edited:
Gents,

Rather than logging onto GTPlanet and posting a message to nominate a tyre choice, CLICK on the "TYRE NOMINATIONS" banner heading in Oni's post #223 above, and a form will open up.

Click on the 3 drop down arrows, Race, Tyre, Name, make your selection, and click Submit at the bottom. Done.

The Hyperlink Oni has provided at the bottom of his post will show you the entire list of nominations for all Races.

For those Drivers who have already nominated tyre choices in the forum thread (evan, Musta, JTV), I will add those choices to the list.
*PLEASE NOTE HOWEVER!*
Under NORMAL circumstances, Drivers making tyre nominations for other Drivers than yourselves will not be tolerated.

Cac.

Gents,

Rather than logging onto GTPlanet and posting a message to nominate a tyre choice, CLICK on the "TYRE NOMINATIONS" banner heading in Oni's post #223 above, and a form will open up.

Click on the 3 drop down arrows, Race, Tyre, Name, make your selection, and click Submit at the bottom. Done.

The Hyperlink Oni has provided at the bottom of his post will show you the entire list of nominations for all Races.

For those Drivers who have already nominated tyre choices in the forum thread (evan, Musta, JTV), I will add those choices to the list.
*PLEASE NOTE HOWEVER!*
Under NORMAL circumstances, Drivers making tyre nominations for other Drivers than yourselves will not be tolerated.

Cac.

Gents,

Do yourselves a favour and try the new procedure I've listed above on Oni's post, and hopefully it will help avoid the problem of missing the tyre nomination deadline.

1. Click on the Banner and open the Form.
2. Bookmark the Form page in your favourites in whatever browser you use on your PC/Laptop/Tablet/Smart-Phone/PS3 for easy recall anytime.
3. Already know what tyre you want to run for Round 7, or 8, or 9, or even 10, or just want to run Mediums every week? Then load up the Form and make your nomination now! It takes only 7 mouse clicks(per Round)!
4. There is no limitation how far ahead you can nominate a tyre. Just remember that you will not be able to change it later though.
5. Want to know what everyone has chosen for Round 7/8/9/10? Load up the hyperlink from Oni's post and save that in your favourites.

The ORS Committee (plus myself) spend hours chewing over ideas and testing them out in the hope of making all our lives easier. At least try them out for yourselves. If you think it doesn't work, or could do with improvement, drop the Committee a note on your sugestion (or whinge at me) and we'll try to improve it.

Cac.

Last edited:
That felt good to finally get a result not hampered by doing an extra pitstop due to damage or lack of fuel, first stint i just tried to stay ahead of everyone at the start and hold the advantage, my tyres where wearing quite bad in the first stint and i wasnt able to extract the best performance out of it but happy to have a few second gap at the end of the stint, red was catching me quite bad at the end of that stint so I pitted lap 16 to cover him.

I essentially doubled the gap once everyone had pitted but red went really long in his first stint and was able to fly towards me with new mediums, I couldn't hold him so i didnt bother to defend hard.

Then I pitted for mediums in the last stint and I felt this made my race as i was able to rapidly eat up the gap red made and was able to make sure he left the pits behind me with hards, by this point I knew my race was won and cruised to an easy win.

Hey guys

I had a good race no major incidents and no damage,a couple of understeer & oversteer moments but nothing major.
Ran 20 laps on medium tires in the first stint, possibly 1 or 2 laps to long,then 20 laps on medium tires in the second stint,
then 8 laps on hards to the finish.
My lap times weren't quite good enough and not consistent enough.
But all in all,i had a good race.

Well done MUS too fast.

CHEERS redness-63 (;)

Well done to Mustafur and Redness!

I was pretty confident of getting a win here as I was a few tenths quicker then Musta in our practice rooms but unfortunately too many mistakes had cost me a fair bit.

I started on the hard tyre and was pretty happy with qualifying but on lap 3 I spun just before the first tunnel. Luckily I kept it off the wall. I carried on still believing a win was plausible. By lap 13 I was actually starting to gain on the leader.

I pitted on lap 17 and went on to the mediums. Then ended up damaging my car out of the corner before the back straight.

I thought I could race with a damaged car, as I did in Motegi, but it was so much more twitchy and about 2 seconds off my normal medium tyre pace. I then had spun the car and received more damage so I decided to throw the softs on. At this stage I thought I could clear Mr tait as I believed he had to do an extra stop but apparently he was much closer to me then I thought. That caught me off gaurd a bit.

None the less I put in quite a fair few laps on the softs, all of which were sub 24.0's, to catch up to JTV who I suspect was on the hards by this stage. I then pitted for meds on lap 38 (I think) and went all out assualt on the tyres. Thought 3rd was out of the question as I had pitted when I just caught up to JTV.

So considering all my dilemma's and the extra stop I'm pretty surprised where I ended up. Looking forward to next week!!

On a different note I just wanna say thanks to all the guys involved in organizing the series! You's definitely have put a lot of time into getting everything organised extremely well. Love all the spreadsheets and what not showing a lot of info from the races. Thanks again!

Once again congratulations to Mustafur for his first place finish, Red for coming 2nd and Rotor securing 3rd in the closing stages with tyre strategy.

My race was best forgotten as everything that could go wrong that race did. Luckily we only had 9 drivers that night so i didn't finish lower then i could have. Definitely not happy with the result but thats racing. We all have nights like that once and awhile.

Ok all as i stated in the room after the race. All incidents will no longer be done via PMs. As it's hard to tell who has received a PM, Cactass came up with the idea of using a form. This way the Chief Steward can delegate each incident to different stewards to avoid doubling up. Also it gives Cac and I more visibility on what incidents are being reported and who are managing them.

From now on you will all need to use the following banner to submit an incident request.

Cheers,
Oni.

P.S - Thanks Rotor for the compliement. We in the ORS work hard to ensure drivers have the most professional and well organised series for the Aus/NZ community.

Last edited:
Gents,

Only 20 Hrs to go till the Tyre Compound Choice window closes. Unless you prefer starting on Hard Compounds for Race 1, get in soon and make your choice.

Don't forget! Use the Form link to make your choice rather than the GTP Forums.

Cac.

ORS GT | SEASON 2 | ROUND 7 | PRE RACE BRIEFING

For Round 7 we head to Grand Valley East Reverse for a 3 x 20 lap Sprint race.

ORS_GT_S2_R7_zps7d792bd4.jpg

- Two wheels must remain inside or on the white line at all times
- Ramming not tolerated

Mustafur - 35kgs (1390kg)
X4rotorploxX- 25kgs (1380kg)
Redness-63- 25kgs (1225kg)

Now finally all drivers must make sure they submit their tyre choice for qualifying/race start by 12pm (Sydney time) Sunday using the banner below.

Once your tyre choice has been submitted you cannot change it. If you fail to nominate a tyre by the deadline you will qualify and start the race on Racing Hards.

Follow this link if you wish to see everyones submissions: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...andMSHpfbkRaU0laeDlYYVhhZVE&usp=sharing#gid=1

Regards,

Oni
ORS Committee

Last edited:
I think you've got the weights wrong there Oni - 1380 for me and 1390 for Musta I believe

haha yeah sorry about that boys. Was in a rush to leave this morning so didn't triple check. It's updated now.

Back