Other teams- Let's Discuss

nd 4 holden spd

(Banned)
GTP_nd4holdenspd
No, another PSN: nd4holdenspd
This thread is for talk about other teams online. The whole point of having GTP tags is so when the time comes we have a way of indentifying GTP members for representation is races amongst other things. So perhaps we sould start looking at what we're up against. What other teams have you noticed? Who are the better ones amongst them? Do they even race cleanly? The only other team I've noticed has the tag _GTRP. I don't know who these guys are, and haven't had a decent battle with them yet. One by the name of pyrooo_GTRP seemed pretty quick though.
Mods, sorry if this is in-appropriate, delete or lock if so.:)

Those who drive with the GTRP tag are from the german forum with the same name.

The only other team I've noticed has the tag _GTRP. I don't know who these guys are, and haven't had a decent battle with them yet. One by the name of pyrooo_GTRP seemed pretty quick though.
Mods, sorry if this is in-appropriate, delete or lock if so.:)

GTRP (Gran Turismo Racing Point) is a very well known German GT site within the GT OLR community. They take part in the Board Challenge every year and actually won it not too long ago (BC7). They also have the best GT time trial database 👍

The topic appears to be fine by me. 👍

GTC and GTIRN are about too.

Rivals isn't exactly the right word though. Right now, it's all of the drivers from all the GT boards against the general public, and it's up to us (GTP, GTRP, GTC, GTIRN et al) to show the general populace how to drive GT online.

GTK seems to be the fastest team around. They are from a korean GT forum. There is team 2ch from a MASSIVE japanese message board. They are just casual players though.

I have only had a few races with GTRP guys, they punted me each time though, as has one GTK member.

I have only had a few races with GTRP guys, they punted me each time though, as has one GTK member.

We don't want this thread turning into a slagging match between different GT boards, so keep things positive please.

I've raced against quite a few GTRP members. And all of them have been good fair racers.

I guess there's two sides to every story. :sly:

There is GTPT, without many players but all of them are trustful, I know most of them personally. It's also the reason I don't use a tag on my PSN ID, this way I don't have to stick to only 1 community.

There is GTPT, without many players but all of them are trustful, I know most of them personally. It's also the reason I don't use a tag on my PSN ID, this way I don't have to stick to only 1 community.

I use my GTP tag for all Gran Turismo races, but for everything else, I use my normal slicecom tag.

I am originally from GTC french board and know a lot of players from other boards : GTP, GTPT (Portugal), GTRP (Germany), GTIRN (Italy).

there's a lot of fast & fair player in all of those community & it's allways a pleasure meeting them online.

We at GTC are not using a GTC tag yet but will do it soon and hope to have some good challenges & races with (or against) all other boards ;)

See you online

I will use a tag for each community I race with, but only when I play in race series organized by those groups. While racing freely, I use my non-tagged ID.

It would be great to see the various GT forums and sites working together and organising online events in future.

So how do I add a tag just for GT5P? Some games like CoD4 have a clan tag option but I havent seen that in GT5P. Maybe it is just me not understanding japaneese

I am a GTP and a GTRP (member since 2002) racer and race for each forum as I want too. This forums are not in any rivalry - the only thing I know is that some1 with a _GT? tag is more into the game than the average racer. The majority of racers I know are at GTRP since I am for the U.S. and do not own the PAL version of the game I race most of my online races under the GTP tag. I feel we should race clean, fast and consistent to represent any GT specific forum - competition does not mean always rivalry.

So how do I add a tag just for GT5P? Some games like CoD4 have a clan tag option but I havent seen that in GT5P. Maybe it is just me not understanding japaneese

You can't. You must set up an account for that PSN name. I have a subaccount on my PS3 for GTP_Famine. I've not actually used it yet - I haven't quite completed enough of GT5P to transfer my save across to that account.

I've raced against a few GTRP guys/girls before, several of them at once in fact in on Daytona road course race, clean and fair racing for 3 laps. 👍

I've now created an account with the GTP tag to use for GT5 Prologue, although my driving isn't the fastest I like to think I'm a 'good' racer, we all bump people unintentionally but I'd never do it to try and gain an advantage and hopefully some of the 'actual idiots' (we've been calling the AI artificial idiots for years, now we have real ones) will take note... Either that or get bored watching us drive off into the sunset and go back to playing burnout. :D

Darren.

You can't. You must set up an account for that PSN name. I have a subaccount on my PS3 for GTP_Famine. I've not actually used it yet - I haven't quite completed enough of GT5P to transfer my save across to that account.

Ahh, Thanks man, I'll just use my JP account to do that with.

Cool, so they are all clean, and some of them fast too. So they're pretty much just different country's GT boards most of them. I'll change the thread title, but we will still vs them in the future I think. It will be fun, like Holden vs Ford in the V8 Supercars, that kind of heated competition..

This might come when we will have private rooms for the online.

I'm sure we can have several teams from the french, german, italian board to compete vs ;)

I think I raced with a guy with US tags and GTRP in front of name. I was right behind that guy, over take him, but then at last corner he did a nice job overtaking me! I think he was just playing with me haha , I see them on top 10s all over the ranking system. I wonder if I could get in ;) haha

I seem to have raced a number of other teams, though funnily enough never anyone with a GTP_ tag! I've definitely competed on time trial times against the BRC people before who seem very quick, though I've never raced them one-on-one.

Though I have no tag myself, I do look forward to racing team members of all sorts as there's usually more of a chance they're there for the racing and not to play bumper cars.

Anyone seen any racers from BCN? I haven't got a clue of who they are, but every now and then they do pop up in races. I saw one earlier at Suzuka. 👍

I seem to have raced a number of other teams, though funnily enough never anyone with a GTP_ tag! I've definitely competed on time trial times against the BRC people before who seem very quick, though I've never raced them one-on-one.

Though I have no tag myself, I do look forward to racing team members of all sorts as there's usually more of a chance they're there for the racing and not to play bumper cars.

Hi homeforsummer.

So far we haven't raced much online because we are still trying to aqquire all the cars and as you know spending some time on the time trials. A few of the BRC members race online but today a friend of mine was telling me of his nightmare experience on the PP600 Daytona road. Apparantely someone called GTP_redeye messed up the first bend and as my friend tried to drive pass he was speared off the road by him. Thankfully my friend managed to pass him and leave him some distance behind. This is my experience of racing online because you are either used as a brake or when you try and pass people they swipe you off the road. Personally speaking im waiting for the option of private rooms becomes available so I can race against people I trust. Speaking of which send me a friend request if you like because you seem a fair, but fast racer and would love to race against you when the private room option is introduced.

Hi Homeforsummer,

i raced you yesterday, i was in the orange 512BB on the Daytona Road Course, my PSN tag is Mugo123. I was impressed at your speed, i was in and out of the course just trying out various cars, seems the Clio and the 512BB were a good match. Sorry, if i bumped you. :)

Hi homeforsummer,

Maybe you should use this link to find times where you can hook up with fast, clean GTP racers.

Hi Homeforsummer,

i raced you yesterday, i was in the orange 512BB on the Daytona Road Course, my PSN tag is Mugo123. I was impressed at your speed, i was in and out of the course just trying out various cars, seems the Clio and the 512BB were a good match. Sorry, if i bumped you. :)

I remember you! I mentioned you in another thread actually I think, I noticed you tried a few cars and when you switched to the Ferrari you finally beat me (though I did mess up at the fast chicane!) :sly: You seemed a very fair racer, I hope to race you again at some point. I appear in PP600 Daytona Road and Suzuka a lot. I'm sure it'll be easy for me to spot a bright orange 512!

Hi homeforsummer,

Maybe you should use this link to find times where you can hook up with fast, clean GTP racers.

Thanks, I shall check it out :)

IVORBIGUN: Expect a friend request next time I log on, I'm always happy to add quick and fair racers :)

GTRP_Klopfer-Excellent driver. I've raced with him a few times at Suzuka, good racing. I haven't noted any GTRP members bashing away out there, so I like seeing their tags on the grid before the race starts.

I'll have to keep an eye out for the other teams mentioned.

GTRP is still the only team I remember seeing, and I've had clean racing with them. I must also look out for these other clean racers frm other teams.👍 I think I seen a couple different tags on the time trial board at Suzuka last night, but can't remember what they were. (I also seen someone can drive their Tuned Z06 4sec faster than I can drive mine :grumpy:)

I had races with guys with the GTNDC tag and they were clean and fun. My first race with one of the GTNDC member is when he slowed down at the finish line to let me through on lap 2 at Suzuka. Further up, I let him overtake me as I thought he doesn't need to do it but he then tried to do it again on the final lap on the finishing straight so I just slammed the brakes just before the finish line and for a while nobody wanted to win the race! He then cheekily drove behind me and punted me over the line to win it! Bless him.

My second encounter with another GTNDC member was a fast one. I was racing with GTP_Nasadus that night and it was a tightly contested race between the top 4 of the grid throughout the race. It was pretty fast as the GTNDC member had a black Viper ST10 Tuned car while GTP_Nasadus had a white Viper Tuned car, so you can imagine it was pretty close! I was barely able to keep the pair up in my Lancer Evo X Tuned Car. I had to say it was the best night of racing I ever had. Kudos to the GTNDC team and GTP_Nasadus for some great clean racing! 👍

I had races with guys with the GTNDC tag they were clean and fun. My first race with one of the GTNDC member is when he slowed down at the finish line to let me through on lap 2 at Suzuka. Further up, I let him overtake me as I thought he doesn't need to do it but he then tried to do it again on the final lap on the finishing straight so I just slammed the brakes just before the finish line and for a while nobody wanted to win the race! He then cheekily drove behind me and punted me over the line to win it! Bless him.

My second encounter with another GTNDC member was a fast one. I was racing with GTP_Nasadus that night and it was a tightly contested race between the top 4 of the grid throughout the race. It was pretty fast as the GTNDC member had a black Viper ST10 Tuned car while GTP_Nasadus had a white Viper Tuned car, so you can imagine it was pretty close! I was barely able to keep the pair up in my Lancer Evo X Tuned Car. I had to say it was the best night of racing I ever had. Kudos to the GTNDC team and GTP_Nasadus for some great clean racing! 👍

Gran Turismo Network Drivers Club 👍 :sly:

image.php

Back