Oval Racing and smoking tires

Germany
Germany
So with the new Patch i was gonna do Oval Racing with the Indy Car and now i put a trail of tyre smoke behind me and i cant even properly finish a 7 Lap Career Race. Wasnt like this before. Anyone has any Setup advice?

I noticed in a vid I just posted, my rear tyres smoke in the mirrors but not for people behind me. Wear over overheating doesn't seem to register with the smoke.

I'll take my default position and call bug.

I noticed in a vid I just posted, my rear tyres smoke in the mirrors but not for people behind me. Wear over overheating doesn't seem to register with the smoke.

Mine has massive tyre wear. Something that wasnt an issue before Patch 2.0.

So lets hope what went broken now can be fixed later again. I tried various tyre pressure and nothing really helped

In the oversteer bug video you posted, in the private test you did, check your mirror while going through 100R. There's a steady stream of smoke coming out. I get this all the time in long duration corners, like here, Sugo, Monza, Algarve, etc.

I've always thought it was from the fronts, basically understeering and plowing through the corner.

In the oversteer bug video you posted, in the private test you did, check your mirror while going through 100R. There's a steady stream of smoke coming out. I get this all the time in long duration corners, like here, Sugo, Monza, Algarve, etc.

I've always thought it was from the fronts, basically understeering and plowing through the corner.

That shouldnt happen. And overall i assume its the real wheels as that whats happening in the overall even though all tires are effected. So or so its unrealistic and needs to be fixed - you dont pull a trail of smoke behind you

It's a known issue. (Though I can't find in the thread whether it's just a visual thing).

I think it's in the Q&A about being visual. From my in dash telemetry on the Megane TC, i was seeing smoke at about 120-130 degrees C. Above that, it was constant smoke. At Oulton Park, i could back off a bit to cool them from 145 degrees. At Dubai National, it was more difficult because of the long radius turns. I got up to 170 degrees towards the last 5 laps out of 17.

Back