Overdrive's real photography

In my mind that picture would not need spot coloring to be dramatic, though perhaps black and white with some burning and dodging to add feel. Now that I think about it, spot coloring just the basketball would take away attention from the shooter, when it is a shot of his moment and anxiety, which isolates him from everything else for that moment

Yeah, you're right. Whenever I have a chance to take that picture, I'll be sure to play around with settings. I also though that maybe it should be silhouette at sunset. Or sunrise. But, being an amateur, I'm not saying I'm a professional (Though I've caught the attention of professional photographers a couple of times) but I am saying that I really need to take a photography class..

I think the more you shoot and start thinking more about composition, the greater the tendency to steer away from things like selective colouring. As Azuremen said in his post, the technique seems to be used a lot as a tool for lifting a nothing shot or a cheap way of drawing the viewer's eye to the subject. The latter which should really be done through composition and choosing the right exposure for the picture and message you're trying to convey. IMO, a photo should be about the whole picture, even if there isn't anything going on in parts of it, everything should be working to convey the emotion of the image through space, perspective, colour (or lack of it), tone and shape. Looking forward to seeing how you develop your skills.

Rue
I think the more you shoot and start thinking more about composition, the greater the tendency to steer away from things like selective colouring. As Azuremen said in his post, the technique seems to be used a lot as a tool for lifting a nothing shot or a cheap way of drawing the viewer's eye to the subject. The latter which should really be done through composition and choosing the right exposure for the picture and message you're trying to convey. IMO, a photo should be about the whole picture, even if there isn't anything going on in parts of it, everything should be working to convey the emotion of the image through space, perspective, colour (or lack of it), tone and shape. Looking forward to seeing how you develop your skills.

I agree with you on Selective coloring, but its still a neat feature. Because I'm still learning the ropes of photography, I'm just experimenting with a lot of these pictures but I will defiantly try to capture that moment which will never happen again, or in my case I will never be able to take a similar picture again. I think I'm better with close ups then I am with anything else. At the moment that is.

Leaving California so I'm going to be on a plane all day. Probably not going to reply to anybody's post until close to midnight Eastern Standard Time.

Because I'm going back home, there aren't any automotive events going on for while but I'll try to get some neat pictures.

Closing the thread for the moment

Closing due to my internet service contract...Thing. Is ending, and I'm going to go with a new provider. The contract ends today (June 18th). As soon as I get a new provider, I will continue uploading. I probably won't be uploading much though, considering what I have posted so far, are some of my better pictures and right now, not many automotive stuff is going on. But, I shall still try to take pictures of flowers or scenery or something.

Sorry everyone.

Overdrive003
Closing the thread for the moment

Closing due to my internet service contract...Thing. Is ending, and I'm going to go with a new provider. The contract ends today (June 18th). As soon as I get a new provider, I will continue uploading. I probably won't be uploading much though, considering what I have posted so far, are some of my better pictures and right now, not many automotive stuff is going on. But, I shall still try to take pictures of flowers or scenery or something.

Sorry everyone.

Really? I look foward to this thread to see new things.. well ill manage

Thread is now open. Again.

Yup, I'm back, but I have no new pictures to show. I will try to take pictures soon but right now, nothing interesting is happening in Florida.

Overdrive003
Yeah! I'd like to see that!

Ok hang on
Edit: here they are..

445aa0a1.jpg

bad6dfe7.jpg

a9eb1d1f.jpg

Oh and I found this while leaving the beach.

2012-06-22134812.jpg

@locoman88
Very nice! I'm not the biggest fan of Vee-dubs but you saw a good amount of them. And an oOscar Meyer car/truck/thing. I haven't seen that before.
I'm off to bed, Night!

Overdrive003
@locoman88
Very nice! I'm not the biggest fan of Vee-dubs but you saw a good amount of them. And an oOscar Meyer car/truck/thing. I haven't seen that before.
I'm off to bed, Night!

Thank you. I will be looking foward to your pictures.

I took a good amount of pictures, and these three turned out:
My cat:
292915_166388173496567_1961620547_n.jpg

My other cat:
418422_166388366829881_1856656713_n.jpg

The moon (Looks out of focus, but its the clouds):
309433_166202710181780_2131961810_n.jpg

Thanks locoman88! I've been taking pictures around my house and outside. I think the moon will be out again tonight so I can try to snap some better pictures. If the sky clears up because it's been raining all day.

Overdrive003
Thanks locoman88! I've been taking pictures around my house and outside. I think the moon will be out again tonight so I can try to snap some better pictures. If the sky clears up because it's been raining all day.

I love space. I'm an ametuer astonomer

Hey everyone!
Sorry for not posting anything recently, the weather hasn't been very good (It keeps raining) and because it's usually very dark, I can't get any shots of the rain either. If it stops raining and I start thinking of new areas to go to take pictures, I'll post some.

PS: Does anyone know how to make a light stream effect? Like on a highway/motorway and you see streaks of red? Do you know what I'm on about?

Awesome,however I don't think you can. Try photobucket,they have really good edits!

Really? I know its possible to make streaks without editing. I took a picture that has streaks, but I cannot replicate it. I'll post it if I can find it, and if I can't find it in 15 minutes, I'll post it in the morning.

Back