Overdrive's real photography

Its called a long exposure shot. There's a couple in my gallery (/shameless self promotion). Its where you leave the shutter open for an extended amount of time so that more light hits the sensor and you get light trails :) so instead of 1/60 or 1/4000 for shutter speed it may be more like 8 seconds or even longer. The longer you leave it open the longer the streaks will be but any stationary light sources will become even brighter on the image and may cause a white out.

Its called a long exposure shot. There's a couple in my gallery (/shameless self promotion). Its where you leave the shutter open for an extended amount of time so that more light hits the sensor and you get light trails :) so instead of 1/60 or 1/4000 for shutter speed it may be more like 8 seconds or even longer. The longer you leave it open the longer the streaks will be but any stationary light sources will become even brighter on the image and may cause a white out.

Thanks for this! I'll have to try it out. If my camera allows it that is..
Also, what camera do you use? I love your photos!

You'll have to put your camera in full manual mode to do this, but any DSLR should allow for it 👍

I have a Panasonic Lumix G2, nothing too fancy but it works nicely for my skill level of photography. Thanks :cheers:

You'll have to put your camera in full manual mode to do this, but any DSLR should allow for it 👍

I have a Panasonic Lumix G2, nothing too fancy but it works nicely for my skill level of photography. Thanks :cheers:

I usually have the camera on full manual, but still learning the ropes.

I am using a new camera I bought which is a Nikon D5100. I got it a couple weeks back and still learning how to use it. Also, all the pictures in this thread (with the exception of the Petit Le Mans pictures) were taken with the Nikon.

Finally some new pictures! I haven't had a chance to do a long exposure shot, but I will attempt to do one tonight.

The sky on the way to the mall...
422231_171901782945206_1091988083_n.jpg

The sky after the mall
208334_171901926278525_119914169_n.jpg

And a bush
394497_171902116278506_1530392616_n.jpg

Aww. I need to get myself a good camera. Love the pics! I like last one best too.

I got mine on sale. Regular price is $1299 and I got mine for $899. Saved $400! (Without taxes) and the camera I'm using (think I mentioned this before) is a Nikon D5100. Got it at Costco 👍

Thanks!

Overdrive003
I got mine on sale. Regular price is $1299 and I got mine for $899. Saved $400! (Without taxes) and the camera I'm using (think I mentioned this before) is a Nikon D5100. Got it at Costco 👍

Thanks!

How much?

Overdrive003
Yeah, its pretty expensive, but its really worth the money. (Might have said this before, but) all the pictures in this thread, with the exception of Petit Le Mans, were taken with the Nikon.

Ill take in to that, if not, apps!

Ill take in to that, if not, apps!

I know you can get DSLR camera's for less then what I paid, but I got a couple of accessories for the camera. I got a nice Nikon camera bag, a 55-300mm lens, the standard 18-55mm lens, a couple of different cables, and a large memory card (16GB. Thats big for me).

Here's an alternative to the last picture in the newest update. Slightly out of focus, but I like where the streaks are.
579913_172033899598661_639125546_n.jpg

Sorry for the lack of updates everyone! Its been raining so much I haven't been able to get any pictures. I tried to get lightning pictures but the Frames per second on the camera is to slow.

Again, sorry everyone!

Overdrive003
Sorry for the lack of updates everyone! Its been raining so much I haven't been able to get any pictures. I tried to get lightning pictures but the Frames per second on the camera is to slow.

Again, sorry everyone!

Yeah I heard that they take pics of lightning by taking a bunch of shots.

Back