Page navigation missing on bottom, too tight on top with tablet use.

• Thread starter OdeFinn
  • 12 comments
Finland
Finland
OdeFinn
Need this on bottom of page (as it was earlier there too):
_20170612_190532.JPG

And lot more space between these two lines:
_20170612_190715.JPG

Thanks @Jordan

Why does it need to be on the bottom of every page when it's already floating at the top of every page?

TB
Why does it need to be on the bottom of every page when it's already floating at the top of every page?
Can't use floating "sticky" banner, it takes too much space from tablet screen and makes posting message nearly impossible on landscape view 2/5 on keyboard, 2/5 on banner and other tab headers (which aren't hiding while sticky banner is there) rest 1/5 for text input which thinks at I can see through sticky banner and I have to scroll that 3-line area up and down for typing.

Because no sticky banner it would be nice to get one thread upward on thread tree without scrolling 30 messages back to see button for it.

Thank you.

Screenshot_2017-06-14-02-27-18.png

Last edited:
I'm not sure if this is a common feature on Android devices, but on iPads and iPhones, you can quickly scroll to the top of a page by tapping near the top of the screen (where the date/time is located). This should make it easy to get back to the top of the page if you're not using the sticky header.

I'm not sure if this is a common feature on Android devices, but on iPads and iPhones, you can quickly scroll to the top of a page by tapping near the top of the screen
Unfortunately I don't think it is on Android/Chrome. However there is something that I think is built in - two quick finger flicks up or down will take you to around half way through the page. Three flicks will take you to the top or bottom. It needs a little practice to get it right but it's useful once you know how to do it.

I'm not sure if this is a common feature on Android devices, but on iPads and iPhones, you can quickly scroll to the top of a page by tapping near the top of the screen (where the date/time is located). This should make it easy to get back to the top of the page if you're not using the sticky header.

Android doesn't have such feature, even it had it still comes back to original point of my question for user friendly browsing experience, users are scrolling screen till end of thread and then jumping back one branch on forum tree to look other threads in their interested forum area. Scrolling page back up is just boring thing to do several times in one "quick reading" session, few new messages and scrolling 20+ messages back for jump on other thread.
Browser bar on bottom would be logical solution for all who aren't using huge screen devices for reading with sticky bar activated.
Thanks.

Unfortunately I don't think it is on Android/Chrome. However there is something that I think is built in - two quick finger flicks up or down will take you to around half way through the page. Three flicks will take you to the top or bottom. It needs a little practice to get it right but it's useful once you know how to do it.
Flicking speed to kickboard :)
Accidentally hitting like/quote/reply/advertisement while kickboarding back to top of page instead of easy button on bottom, well it doesn't sound good solution. :)

You're on a relatively small tablet screen in landscape mode. You're always going to struggle for space. Turning it to portrait may help a bit.

You're on a relatively small tablet screen in landscape mode. You're always going to struggle for space. Turning it to portrait may help a bit.
Mounts what I'm using are landscape, portrait isn't solution or I have to pop windscreen from my car.
9" and relatively small, wow, how big tablets you're using there?

Not everyone on GTP uses a tablet you know. As far as all screens used, a tablet (no matter how big) will always be on the small side.

And you have a 9 inch tablet attached to the windscreen of your car?

Not everyone on GTP uses a tablet you know. As far as all screens used, a tablet (no matter how big) will always be on the small side.

And you have a 9 inch tablet attached to the windscreen of your car?
Not everyone use tablet, true, having "thread navigation" on bottom wouldn't hurt any of other users, but mobile users at least will benefit it. World is going more and more toward mobile devices, so hard to understand why cripple their usage now, it was there earlier and now it's not.

Not on windscreen, bolted stand above air vent in side of A pillar.

I should note that, as I mentioned elsewhere, there will be something else coming to the bottom of threads which will include a link back to the parent forum. This should help you with this issue.

I should note that, as I mentioned elsewhere, there will be something else coming to the bottom of threads which will include a link back to the parent forum. This should help you with this issue.
Thats all what is needed. Thank you!

Back