Paint Chips in GT6?

• Thread starter Afrodeezy
  • 107 comments

Would you like to see paint chips back in GT6?

• Yes

Votes: 29 24.8%
  • No

Votes: 88 75.2%

• Total voters
Should be a paint wheel or chart with unlocking "hue" with level progression in game like level 1-10 be gloss 11-18 metallic 19-23 pearl 24 upwards chrome etc etc also could unlock colours earlier with car purchases (much like the paint chip but its a permanant colour)

You said "hue" and then listed finishes (gloss, metallic etc) :confused:

GT6 should just have a paint shop where we can just choose the color we want and perhaps pay a premium for speciality paints. The is no need to store 5000+ paints as individual items.

SimonK
No, absolutely not. Stupid, stupid idea. Just give us a colour wheel to paint our car any colour we like at any time with a realtime preview. Like every other car game of the last 10+ years which lets you paint your car.

This. Sony used the bad GT5 paint sytem to sell DLC. This shouldn't happen again.

Ugly ass colour-scheme fans should be able to paint all the ugly ass, eye-hurting colours they want. They should scrap the single-use chip system and create a system where once you gain a colour, you can use it as many times as you want. If they are concerned about people not "earning" their paints, they can lock them to the account and disable the trading of colours.

This is a simulator. Hopefully, well I know PD is smart enough to not listen to the kids who just want everything

This is a simulator. Hopefully, well I know PD is smart enough to not listen to the kids who just want everything

pink-audi-r8-638x358.jpg

San-Galgano-Abbey.jpg

Shockingly, you can paint cars ugly ass color schemes in real life. So what exactly is the "this is a simulator" defense supposed to mean for your argument?

Last edited:

Wishing to restrict choice on the basis that another person may choose an option you don't like comes across as a little precious to me. I mean: shall we submit our wheel choices and driving styles for your validation too?

This is a simulator.

No, it's not. A simulator costs many thousands of dollars and you don't put it into your PS3. This is a "sim racer," a genre of video game. iRacing, even with its tyre modelling is closer, but ultimately a game too.

Edit: "Kids," "smart"? Pfft. Because nothing says "intellectual" and "mature" like a petty ad hominem...

Last edited:
chip per sè are a stupid way to customize a car. better if you can choose wich existing color you want to paint your car with and wich special ones too. and a real preview of the color would be better than the dummy. no point of collecting chips and items. better purchase them when you need. better yet changing color for free..

tensor120
I think the paint system is perfect. Now people cant make ugly ass, eye hurting colors AND theyre custom ones the manufacturers have created

Why? Why would you bother with someone else's car color? Maybe i'm not reading this right but who cares about what other do with what belongs to them
I think the paint chip system sucks, why cant we just get any color and texture, its frustrating more than anything

Yes, but they can put into a system like that we can buy them, if we dont have the paint chip we want

RickNU
Yes, but they can put into a system like that we can buy them, if we dont have the paint chip we want

Yeah i agree with that, but as long as we can get any we want i dont mind spending the 2000$ GT AUTO charges to paint the car for any paint chip. And i dont mind if i have to pay another 2000 for the same paint chip used again, just any painy chip any time

Wow it's surprising that so many people are against paint chips. Ideally for me, GT6 would offer paint chips from every car like GT5 (but you wouldn't lose them once you paint a car) and also have the option for making your own color.

I just think it's nice to have the exact colors from different manufacturers and cars. I know the current system is flawed, but I don't see why people wouldn't want them. For example, if I want to paint a car "Plum Crazy", it's nice to have that exact color from a paint chip instead of trying to match it by myself.

OHM_fusion
Wow it's surprising that so many people are against paint chips. Ideally for me, GT6 would offer paint chips from every car like GT5 (but you wouldn't lose them once you paint a car) and also have the option for making your own color.

I just think it's nice to have the exact colors from different manufacturers and cars. I know the current system is flawed, but I don't see why people wouldn't want them. For example, if I want to paint a car "Plum Crazy", it's nice to have that exact color from a paint chip instead of trying to match it by myself.

Yea the paint chips themselves are good, cause we can find the exact colors we want, but the system sucks,

Gabtremblay
Yea the paint chips themselves are good, cause we can find the exact colors we want, but the system sucks,

I would be okay with the paint chip system if you didn't lose the color when you used it.

I would be okay with the paint chip system if you didn't lose the color when you used it.
This is the very first thing that they should have patched in, at the least IMO. It boggles my mind that the system has never once been revised, especially so when it's broken, what with multiple chips of the same colour that don't get sorted and counted properly.

The fact that they have never once revised it, and then took advantage of the broken system by selling one usage DLC paint chips makes me nervous about painting/cust. in GT6, in spite all of criticism that the system has received.

Hell no, give me an RGB pallet with matte,gloss,metallic,carbon,pearl etc options.
+1 Absolutely. Or if they decide to keep the stupid paint chip system, at least they could make it so, that you can choose your colour from a RGB pallet and then buy it as a paint chip.
It's frustrating when you can't find the specific shade of blue even if you have 500 different blue chips :grumpy:

You all who want a wheel are just missing the point. You cant get what ever the **** you want in life. You have to earn it and some **** is more precious than other ****in ****:ill:

You all who want a wheel are just missing the point. You cant get what ever the **** you want in life. You have to earn it and some **** is more precious than other ****in ****:ill:

calm down man.
and to answer.. i could even agree with the fact that i have to earn something in life.. (paint chip? seriously? get a life..) but not earning random chips, give me the chance to buy the chip i want, not waiting for it to appear.

Wow, what a compelling argument.:rolleyes:

tensor120

I think you're missing the point of the AUP.

I also think you're missing the point of not being an ass.

Furthermore, you're missing the point that comparing earning colors for your virtual car and earning things IRL is ridiculous.

You're also missing the point that almost every other major racing game for the last 5+ years has had a color wheel or something similar.

:dunce:

tensor120

This is hilarious to me. It's a video game. You should be able to access colors you want, whenever you want. I propose they make the different textures/finished unlock able based on level. Like EVERY OTHER GAME ON THE MARKET.

You cant get what ever the **** you want in life. You have to earn it and some **** is more precious than other ****in ****:ill:
That's nice. How does what happens in real life (where you can paint a car any color that you want, so again, not the most convincing of arguments) apply to this discussion about whether the paint chip system (which has no real life basis, again, because any paint shop you take a car to will happily color match your car to whatever paint you want; and which is hardly a matter of "earning" anything since PD give away chips simply for turning your game on) should return for GT6?

No because alot of the time to get the chip I want I have to pointlessly buy a car and sell it again which can be very frustrating.

Yeah, last time I bought something I had to wait for it to show up in a lot of 30 items that changes daily, and then I had to buy something else to paint it in the color I wanted.

Yes they can. The paint chip system doesn't prevent that in the slightest.

I'm pretty sure a competently designed system would at least allow an actual preview option. Nevermind the joke of them being one-use.

have you had an actual preview on a real car?

Why do we need to earn paint in a racing game? I don't understand. It shouldn't be a paint collecting game.

Latest Posts

Back