Paint Chips in GT6?

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 6' started by Afrodeezy, Aug 4, 2012.

?

Would you like to see paint chips back in GT6?

1. Yes

29 vote(s)
    24.8%
  2. No

88 vote(s)
    75.2%
  1. Piotrov

Piotrov

I like the paint chip idea but I don't like the way it was implemented into gt5.
    It's too much of a chore to get the paints you want.

2. Same here. Letting us "Favorite" them would have helped a whole lot. I hoped they'd let us know what paint chip was used after painting the wheels like they do with the body paint in the garage's showroom.

3. JBanton

JBanton

Could we get Irodescent finishes too?

4. Teflonicus

Teflonicus

Iridescent finishes? That's what the "colour shift" texture is, isn't it? -The way in which "hue changes in correspondence with the angle from which a surface is viewed".

Perhaps you are referring to a more adaptable version of what GT5 has where, instead of choosing from limited, locked colour-texture options available, you could select an ordinary colour and then apply an iridescent finish to it.

Separating "textures" from colours is a great idea. Then we could select a colour, say red, and the next option would allow us to make that red into matte red, pearl-effect red, metallic red, iridescent red/blue, iridescent red/gold, etc.. And PD could--as they are predisposed to do--limit colours and finishes to those ones you have already managed to earn or collect with the others "greyed out" or hidden.

5. JBanton

JBanton

No, I just meant three-tone or maybe four-tone colour schemes.

6. II-zOoLoGy-II

II-zOoLoGy-II (Banned)

Let's see paint chips, even ones that I have to pay extra for (DLC), or a livery editor in which I can make anything I desire.

I choose paint chips....

Really, there are certain things that should just be a requirement for a game to launch. IMO this is one of those things for a racing sim.

7. Teflonicus

Teflonicus

Too late. I like the idea I imagined of yours better. :p

8. CAMAROBOY69

CAMAROBOY69 Premium

NO!!!!!!!!!!! I hated rewards in the form of horns and paint chips. Terrible idea. :tdown:
    If I want a color thats not stock, just allow me to pay for it. I have over 500+ paint chips and nothing to do with them. Unless there is a way I can just sell these on some sort of auction house in GT5 that I dont know about.

9. zedextreme8177

zedextreme8177

You beat me to it :grumpy:

Personally, I'd like to see these options:
    Color palette: To allow us to create a shade to our liking.

Paint-type option: Metallic/Matte/Color-shift etc.

Existing paint chips: Should only be present as an option when we want to match the paints of manufacturer. Usage should be unlimited, and allowed for cars which you have not purchased.

Livery editor: Comprehensive with a multitude of options, should not be a half-arsed attempt.

And finally, we need a preview!!! :mad:

10. Ven0m

Ven0m

This, this, and more of this. We NEED this stuff, otherwise, GT6 will still be as meh as GT5.

11. JBanton

JBanton

Problem solved...

PD get in here

12. Antonisbob

Antonisbob

Nope, I want a color palette to mix any color I want (Like real life, you know?) Not just colors I get from cars I've purchased.

13. sprplay

sprplay

Not the current system with tons of same colours under different names.

What I'd like is a reward system for special colors like the silvers etc. to be granted for winning special races like e.g. some seasonals.

14. HAL20XX

HAL20XX

Color palette plus a library of manufacturer colors. Problem = SOLVED.

It's really not that hard.

15. Theace37

Theace37

True but I would definitely want the mAnufacture colors

16. UrieHusky

UrieHusky Premium

I would love a system where you go into GT Auto, then when you select "Paint Car" or "Paint Wheels" it goes into another sub menu with a preview of your car spinning like it does in GT Auto to the right.

In this sub-menu there are two options.

Manufacturer Colours - Which then goes into another sub menu of Car Brands with all of those vehicles colours that are available in the game.

Below that, there is another menu called "Custom Colours", which brings up a RBG pallet or something of the like that also has a side bar of colour types (Matte, Gloss, Metallic etc) which would allow freedom of choice and the ability to pin point a certain colour.
    Perhaps even the ability to scan colours in with the eye or with a digital photo?

This way, both sides are happy, people who want to customise their cars are free to do so, while people who want Lamborghini's Verde Ithaca or Ferrari's Rosso Corsa etc also get what they want.

This seems like a great win-win situation, especially so if PD do take on the fans requests for a livery editor.

If this isn't possible, the ability to purchase paint chips or at least have the ones you own be unlimited usage would be great, I know I've lost a few paints from painting my car and then deciding soon after I don't like the way the colour falls on the car

17. Samus

Samus

That's pretty much exactly what I said a few pages back. ;)

18. UrieHusky

UrieHusky Premium

Ah sorry, I didn't see that. Kinda read the first couple pages and then came up with my own more detailed idea. Great minds think alike I suppose XD