paint-jobs

• Thread starter seansheep
  • 21 comments
wouldnt it be cool if you could do your own paint jobs for your car on gt5. it would make for brilliant personalised race cars.. you could even do a body shop aswell for kik ass bodywork kits and other stuff. wats u all thinkin??

bodyshops and all that are normallly for the street racing games. Although it would be nice to have the Race Modification again that was in GT2, where it kitted up your car.

Would also be nice to have decals that you can select to put on your car.
eg: buy an Impreza stick some WRC decals on it when you go to a rally event.

i would like it if you could put stuff like sponsers and racing decals on your cars...... or even go faster stripes.... or flags ontop o ur car..

playstation=excelent
x-box=crap

sums it up really

You're making more enemies than friends with that.

And the discussion in this thread is redundant. We've been talking about it since I've been here and that's been over three years.

It would be great if you actually got money for each of the sponsered decals you put on the car.

Also if you make nice vinals on a car, it would be nice if it could be sold online to lots of people who quickly want a nicely done up car paying more money depending on:

amount of parts present, e.g. are there full tyre choices (every tyre bought)
niceness of car
look
etc

It would be nice if you could create colours for your cars, sort of blended colours like you find on the TVR's.

Who wants a tuned-up race car... looking plain? You know, a red dime-a-dozen sport compact with way above average tuning... yet looks plain. Bodykits aren't possible (I think), but painting up your cars would be a nice feature. Painting up cars doesn't have to involve street racing. The bodykit deal relates to street racing, but not painting up cars. You got a car, GT wing options, don't you want to complete the look? Go ahead, paint a box on the side of your car and paint a number to give yourself a driver number. Add a few racing stripes to your 2005 Mustang GT. Why do we have to boil things like car painting to street racing?

I'm mentioning things like this in my thread on upgrading "My Home." But it would be nice to think about such an option. You don't even need a racing modification to do so. This MAY be possible in GT5, but who knows? Would make dull cars a bit more unique and personal. Do you want to stand out, or just be another normal Joe?

Sometimes I think it'd be great to change the colour of a particular car outright, just for own pleasure... That would certainly not be street racerish (what a phrase)

Of course, as far as rarity of certain colour cars goes, a reduction in value of your particular car must be effected as a compromise... since if you respray a classic car a different colour it loses value... yadda yadda

Let’s not forget about, sharing the paint-job you created. This way you can create a custom paint-job for your team to race on-line.

You know, in "Ridge Racer V," you can select up to three colors, then an extra one. You begin with four pre-configured paint schemes you can choose from. Then, with positive progress, you can make your own set of four colors. The only weird thing is that the colors for your cars will look good on some cars, but kind of crappy for others. For example, the most awesome car is the Rivelta Mercurio, with its four-wheel drive and sweet performance. I tried making Castrol colors with it. You know, white car with red and green accents. The end result looked nice for just that car, but kind of weird for others.

Another Namco example would be Ridge Racer Type 4. As you get more cars, you'll get similar paintschemes for each team. One of the more different designs is the PRC (Pac Racing Team) colors, yellow and red. But when you get the best race car from Terrazi, the Pac Racing Team yellow and red is traded for mostly a red car. It CAN be possible to take existing cars and come up with the same paint scheme for each. However, you'll have to mix and match, not to mention try to make sure if one paintscheme looks good on one car that you try other paint schemes. This is why I don't think the same paintscheme would look nice on the same car. Would you paint up a VW New Beetle the same way you would with a Dodge Viper SRT10? For many of you, probably not. I have experience painting up cars, especially with the PC game "Sports Car GT." I took a blank car and painted it up, and made a standalone car. If it can be done on my PC, it can probably be done in the next GT. Plus, I don't see anything wrong with a paint feature. If you want to talk more on racing paintschemes, reply to my thread "What If You Could Upgrade 'My Home?'"

JohnBM01
You know, in "Ridge Racer V," you can select up to three colors, then an extra one. You begin with four pre-configured paint schemes you can choose from. Then, with positive progress, you can make your own set of four colors. The only weird thing is that the colors for your cars will look good on some cars, but kind of crappy for others. For example, the most awesome car is the Rivelta Mercurio, with its four-wheel drive and sweet performance. I tried making Castrol colors with it. You know, white car with red and green accents. The end result looked nice for just that car, but kind of weird for others. ...

This would not be a problem if they use a system similar to Forza’s one, were you use layers and you can move this layers when and were you want them, so if you see a good paint-job, you just import it and adjust the layers so that the graphics are in harmony with the car.

I'd prefer to go down the sposors route, the more you win with a particualar car, the more companies ask you to put their name and logo on you're car for a little extra cash, as you win more you get asked to put bigger logo's on you're car for a bit more cash, until you're car becomes true winners car or whatever but it win's A LOT and they ask to sponsor the team running the car like Calsonic does for the NISMO GT-R LM in the JGTC500, soyou're once humble S2000 is now a tuned racing beast with minor sponsors giving you bit extra for each race win and has a main sponsor say it's by Manchester United (remeber the Newcastle United Lister Storm), so you're S2000 is now called the Manchester United S2000 in much the same way as the Calsonic Skyline, Mobil 1 NSX and STP Taisan Viper ect.

Back