Paint

  • Thread starter Thread starter Maverick0016
  • 25 comments
  • 1,629 views
Messages
1
United States
United States
Messages
DMM-249
Why is it that everyone has the awesome paint jobs on their cars. And have all the colors ever in the game and I have like 25 colors?

Someone help me
 
All I can say is I'm glad PD removed that one stupid thing where paint chips magically disappear after use. Now you can use it as much as you want. But really, we don't need paint chips. Just have some preset colors and a RGB Color Wheel.
 
The very appreciated Silver Chrome being offered now in a seasonal event.
 
The very appreciated Silver Chrome being offered now in a seasonal event.

Yes! I could finally make my Shelby Cobra look like it has a naked aluminum finish. It's a bit too shiny, but it gets the job done.
 
The very appreciated Silver Chrome being offered now in a seasonal event.

Which one? Not done any seasonals since the Aston VGT one.
 
Was I the only who already had a silver chrome then? It was titled "GT-Chrome-0XX" and looks almost identical to the silver chrome paint chip from the Tokyo seasonal...
 
Was I the only who already had a silver chrome then? It was titled "GT-Chrome-0XX" and looks almost identical to the silver chrome paint chip from the Tokyo seasonal...

I have GT JAPANESE 002-c and its the most realistic chrome I've had, And the gold gt Japanese 010-w. The worst are the 15th anniversary chrome's
 
i wish you were able to delete paint chips, i have brought all the cars, plus duplicates for the special colours, now when i paint a car i have to meticulously look at where abouts the colour i desire is, takes toooooo long :(
 
Totally agree with you about single use chips, stupid. On the other hand, having manufacture accurate colors does add to the authenticity.


Many of the colors are off. One example is the sonic blue on the ford lightning, and there is many others as well.
 
It annoys me a bit that we cannot choose to view them in alphabetical order if we'd prefer to, rather than just the colour/tone ordered list we have now.
 
Was I the only who already had a silver chrome then? It was titled "GT-Chrome-0XX" and looks almost identical to the silver chrome paint chip from the Tokyo seasonal...
I have that one. Yea it's only very slightly different to the Seasonal prize one
 
i wish you were able to delete paint chips, i have brought all the cars, plus duplicates for the special colours, now when i paint a car i have to meticulously look at where abouts the colour i desire is, takes toooooo long :(
Heard that! So what's the tally? And, not that I don't believe you, but are you capable of taking a picture of the color count in your career stats? I'm just so concerned I'll reach a cap prior to purchasing the rest. (My count is 242 additional car purchases, seasonal event paints and paints from future cars not included.)
 
Heard that! So what's the tally? And, not that I don't believe you, but are you capable of taking a picture of the color count in your career stats? I'm just so concerned I'll reach a cap prior to purchasing the rest. (My count is 242 additional car purchases, seasonal event paints and paints from future cars not included.)
I can next to assure you that there is no paint number cap, I'm coming up to 3000 unique paints, and have alphabetically bought every car in every colour up to Lexus, with at least one of every other car so far. So don't worry about a cap.
 
I can next to assure you that there is no paint number cap, I'm coming up to 3000 unique paints, and have alphabetically bought every car in every colour up to Lexus, with at least one of every other car so far. So don't worry about a cap.
Still apprehensive! :lol: But I appreciate the assurance. I'll probably backup my save prior to buying the rest just in case.
 
Still apprehensive! :lol: But I appreciate the assurance. I'll probably backup my save prior to buying the rest just in case.

without a doubt! back up your save as always, i'll take a picture tomorrow! i'm sure it's about 12XX
 
It annoys me a bit that we cannot choose to view them in alphabetical order if we'd prefer to, rather than just the colour/tone ordered list we have now.
Yes, alphabetically! And by manufacturer! And it would be nice to know what car it came from! It would also be nice if they were listed more accurately by color gradient. And if the chips actually matched the color of the car! I only have about 700 chips, so I have less to bitch about compared to some of you.
 
It annoys me a bit that we cannot choose to view them in alphabetical order if we'd prefer to, rather than just the colour/tone ordered list we have now.
Not to mention that many of them are still out of order even when you do sort by Hue. And many of the little icons are way off as well.

In general the paint system still just kinda sucks.
 
i wish you were able to delete paint chips, i have brought all the cars, plus duplicates for the special colours, now when i paint a car i have to meticulously look at where abouts the colour i desire is, takes toooooo long :(

I just wish we could sort them by manufacturer, like in GT5.
 
I don't imagine them ever happening--and this may not be the place to suggest them with the hopes of them ever happening--but over the course of acquiring and searching through my collection of paints, I've had some ideas to make it more streamlined:
  • Indication of make (and perhaps even model) within the list--it could be as simple as: "Brilliant Black (Mazda)"
  • All paints laid out in correct order of hue, brightness and saturation with the ability to narrow by finish (i.e. Solid, Metallic, Pearlescent, Color Shift (may be difficult, but hue at a common angle could be the salvation here), Matte and Chrome), Make/Model and perhaps even order of acquisition
  • Indication of paintchip ownership in the dealership color-selection menu--something as simple as the same check seen on the model thumbnail but next to the paint name in the menu
  • A revert-to-current and revert-to-selected box (click the unselected to choose option) near the confirmation button to allow for quick back and forth comparison between the color a car's currently painted and how the car will look in the color selected
But at this point I'd settle for the current format but with the paints in each category laid out in correct order of hue, brightness and saturation as specified in the second idea.
 
Back