PAL version, how many points?

• Thread starter plfrench
  • 112 comments
How many points have people got then? I think it is quite neat that you are rewarded more and more the quicker you go.

I have only got about 1100 points at the moment, but I was interested to see what sort of numbers people were getting...

Paul.

I think I have just under 6800 (EDIT: it was 6869) after just playing it through in 90 minutes. But I really worked on my times in the Korean version, where I have well over 10000 points. Perhaps more interesting is the total time though, as some lessons only reward you 100 points max, for getting 1st place/gold.

At http://db.granturismo.de there is a licence db that among others lists total time if you entered times for all lessons (coffee breaks excluded). I got it to under 55 minutes, a few guys are even faster than that. I recommend working on that rather than your points, it's more fun!

5843, with three lessons and three coffee breaks left to gold.

Just below 4000 points now, which means 16 golds, 14 silver and 16 bronze. So around 1/3 of the game done then.
Total time is still in the 63 mins, but I have to keep myself busy for the 5 or 6 months until GT4 is finally released (cross fingers)

I agree with Flat-out, the game has to last til november, so on 3500 points now ;)

Improving but not rushing it

Oh and Flat-out; it seems I am chasing you again.... (db.granturismo.de)

Happy racing all!

Originally posted by flat-out
Just below 4000 points now, which means 16 golds, 14 silver and 16 bronze. So around 1/3 of the game done then.
Total time is still in the 63 mins, but I have to keep myself busy for the 5 or 6 months until GT4 is finally released (cross fingers)

I got Prologue in December and I'm still playing ... :D

I've only just got it (Or to be exact half of it!!)

My and a friend went halves on it... went to his last night and we've done all the tests now but not many golds... So we're on about 2000 (Well actually he is...) I've got it now though so I'm on 0 at the moment... but this will be a lot more after this evening!!

C.

PS The licence tests don't get easier after 5 or 6 beers though!!

Yeah I hate that! You really fancy a beer or six when you get home from work but if you sucumb then it is nigh on impossible to get any decent times on GT!

I have 1892 points now. I shall be improving that tonight...

Paul.

I got just under 4000 (3985 or something) last night. Nailed my way though most of the tests upto the Fuji Overtaking one. Mostly Gold about 3 silver and about 8 bronze.

C.

That test is tricky...

The way I found to do it is...

Cross the start line and drift slightly left then fully turn to the right... wait for the second braking zone and then stand on the brakes...

Bring the front round and gently bring some power back in (More if you're goin towards the wall) as soon as you're clear floor the accelerator and hold out 2nd gear for as long as poss (The gear change from 2nd to 3rd takes an age!) and over the line...

Once you've got a ghost with that sort of line then you can keep doing it and you'll get the gold.

C.

Originally posted by k2racer
Oh and Flat-out; it seems I am chasing you again.... (db.granturismo.de)
Godverdomme. Jij heeft 131 punten meer dan ik.
You're not chasing me, I'm chasing you... ;)

Originally posted by flat-out
Godverdomme. Jij heeft 131 punten meer dan ik.
You're not chasing me, I'm chasing you... ;)

Sorry, but in this way it becomes more personal in a way and therefor more challenging!?

See you! :)

I still don't have Pal version off prologue,but when I get it I will just play it to get all golds,so I can see the Ending Movie......but in NTSC version......I have 10592 points,but I'm not playing it anymore,when I will buy Xport(to proove my times on www.granturismo.de ,I will play it again......!:)

Originally posted by yeti
I got just under 4000 (3985 or something) last night. Nailed my way though most of the tests upto the Fuji Overtaking one. Mostly Gold about 3 silver and about 8 bronze.

C.

Sorry I lied... I checked again and it was just under 3000...

But now it is just under 4000!

I've got all gold Upto Red (Except one silver (Dome NSX at NY))

Then a few Bronze in Red with 1 gold. And All purple are silver upto McClaren F1 test which I haven't had time to complete... I was nailing it and was down to 25 seconds off the leader and in 3rd on my 4th lap then messed up the last bend and slid off the course... GRRRRRrrrrr!! Got so annoyed that I went and did some coffee breaks!!

C.

EDIT : Got the gold on the Dome NSX now! Great a Misti "I" what a POS!

k2racer
Sorry, but in this way it becomes more personal in a way and therefor more challenging!?
See you! :)
Yes, I'm seeing your name a lot on db.granturismo.de. One day above mine, the next day below... The game will never last until november, I already have 5639 points, 32 golds, 9 silvers and 5 bronzes.
I'm off to try and gold that damn McLaren on Fuji.

flat-out
Just got that earlier tonight. 13'15.384 on my second completed attempt. (I got silver on my 1st attempt)

flat-out
Yes, I'm seeing your name a lot on db.granturismo.de. One day above mine, the next day below... The game will never last until november, I already have 5639 points, 32 golds, 9 silvers and 5 bronzes.

Big Fun isn't it! I've have my new Driving force Pro now and I am getting used to it, some times are easy to improve with the wheel, others are lot more difficile

I can fully recommend the buy, it is so much fun compared to the old gt force :D

If the licenses are all gold, we can always start entering times at the arcade car database (where i saw some times from you), this should keep us busy till november 💡 Challenge ?

@daan : Nicely done. I finally kept this test for later : I can have nice laps on Fuji but I only had 10 clean laps once, this made is bronze (13:40).

@k2racer : I'm above 6000 now, with 38 golds, 6 silvers and 2 bronzes. I think indeed the arcade times will be a challenge when all 46 tests are gold... unless I go and play GT Concept again to put more distance between you and I :lol: :lol: :lol:

flat-out

Did you find the arcade db at db.granturismo.de as well? You can enter quite a lot of times there, and I'm stressed I won't manage to drive all of them before november ... :scared: :lol:

Arwin
Did you find the arcade db at db.granturismo.de as well? You can enter quite a lot of times there, and I'm stressed I won't manage to drive all of them before november ... :scared: :lol:
Having a time for each car on each track will indeed take some time (that's roughly 300 combinations, not counting the different tyre choices). It'll take years if we try to have good times.
I already have one time submitted (Datsun 240Z @ Citta di Aria) and have some Lupo times on my mem card that I need to take a look at.
BTW, when I've had enough trying to gold the remaining licences (I'm 39-6-1) I try to improve my time on test 2 : it helps staying cool...

Back