PAL version, how many points?

• Thread starter plfrench
  • 112 comments
I found lesson 13 harder then 39 (maybe because after 13 I was used to New York).

Yeah the HSC is fairly quick, you can tell by the straight line speed it has a few more horses.

I did lesson 13 about 4 weeks ago and my friend (I went halves with a friend) had it back for 3 weeks and I'd therefore forgotten how to drive the course!!

Now however after doing 39 I've finally worked out the braking spots (13 had the red/blue "lazy" line) for myself and the funny thing is... the braking spots are about the same for most of the cars... mainly cos the slower cars are going slower at the same spot but have worse brakes... so it evens itself out...

Except for the odd car which is quite slow but has amazing brakes (i.e. Spoon S2000) where if you hit your braking points you stop well short of the turn and it upsets your line completely!!

The problem with the HSC is that it puts you up against the same cars as the NSX would get... which makes all the races really easy... I did a Fuji 5 lapper... and I was close to lapping the last car (I started the home straight as he crossed the line (And I didn't cut the chicanes!)) Given another lap and I would've had him easy!!

I then raced a Viper GTR and that has the same enemies as well... although I struggled to beat them cos I put on the street tyres with all aids off!! Man that car is a beast to handle like that!!

C.

Three months ago I crossed the 10.000 points barrier and yesterday I passed the 12.000 mark in the PAL version. Now I have 12.045 points and there are still a lot of lessons to improve on (and coffee breaks). I know of a couple of people that have even more points than that and some even without touching a single wall !

The highest I read about is someone who has (had?) exactly 13.500 points. This seems the highest score so far.

CooperS
The highest I read about is someone who has (had?) exactly 13.500 points. This seems the highest score so far.

Well I'll just shut up then... :indiff:

IMHO, lesson 13 is the toughest of the lot :scared:... (and maybe lesson 6 as well)

I figure that the highest possible figure is 13,800... you can get up to 300 points per test, and there are 46 tests.... (checks calculator :dunce: )BUT, you only get 100 points for a gold, and the other 200 points can only be gained by improving your time, and each test has a different grading system... e.g. an early test which involves a basic cone slalom, you get 5 pts per 0.001 second you improve (in other words, you only need improve by 0.040 seconds to get the max score)... in another (harder) test (Impreza on Citta di Aria), I improved my time by about 0.008 sec (wow! :indiff: ), and scored no points increase at all... (presumably you need improvements on a 0.010 second time scale)

TM

Cosmic
Damn! :grumpy:
That sucks! =/

I dunno, PD have a habit of doing things like this.... I call it the 'Everest Effect'... just when you thought you'd reached the summit, another one looms high in the distance... just means more game for your money! :D

Touring Mars
Well I'll just shut up then... :indiff:

IMHO, lesson 13 is the toughest of the lot :scared:... (and maybe lesson 6 as well)

Hi Touring Mars, lesson 6 and especially 13 took me the most time to get the gold time. If you really are determined and spend a lot of time (and then some ...) on lesson 13 a 3.08.xxx might be possible in the PAL version. The Asian versions of Prologue even made it possible for some people doing 3.05 (! sick: !)

I also had problems with lesson 8 (Mitsu Colt at Tsubaka) and lesson 39 (Ford GT at New York). But I admit in I spend amost as much time playing Prologue as I did before on GT3 (in total that is) ;-)

PS I do not know what is the absolute maximum. There is this guy Dalwing-Ruiliweb on the Granturismo.de database that is an absolute master asking him would probably tell what the max might be. But like I wrote earlier you cannot run as fast in some lessons in the PAL version compared to some Asian versions. So the Asian versions will get you the most points.

PPS You're quick calculation is not entirely correct: there are some lessons you can get over 600 points and some that I doubt will get you over 150 (aside from the get the gold - 100 points only lessons).

CooperS
PPS You're quick calculation is not entirely correct: there are some lessons you can get over 600 points and some that I doubt will get you over 150 (aside from the get the gold - 100 points only lessons).

Yeh, the 300 point thing was speculation on my behalf... I have got 300 points in atleast one test (the basic slalom, number 2 or 5 or something), but nowhere near that on just about every other test :D ... but up to 600 points in some tests? OMG! I think I'll have to rename the 'Everest Effect' to the 'Olympus Mons Effect'... :scared:

Well,I think 13000 points aren't posiblle with 100% clean driving!I have over 12000 points in Pal and NTSC version and now when I score a better time,my points go up by 10-15,sometimes less....sometimes more,but I can't say for sure because I have many fast times in ntsc version so I didn't drove that good in pal:
Example:In ntsc lesson 40 my time is 2.17,but in pal version 2.20....so maybe there is a way to score 13000,we should ask Dalwing that! 👍

GTmaniac
Well,I think 13000 points aren't posiblle with 100% clean driving!I have over 12000 points in Pal and NTSC version and now when I score a better time,my points go up by 10-15,sometimes less....sometimes more,but I can't say for sure because I have many fast times in ntsc version so I didn't drove that good in pal:
Example:In ntsc lesson 40 my time is 2.17,but in pal version 2.20....so maybe there is a way to score 13000,we should ask Dalwing that! 👍

Edited, see post below (sorry)

Hi GTmaniac,

I think the guy's (nick)name was Thurzo, his times can still be seen at the Racing Line database (all green ticked !)

Dalwing is the exceptional one, if anybody has more than 13.000 it must be him.

And yes my 12.000+ points are not all scored the clean way, but my defense is I wrote a guide on the lessons so I had to verify every cheat myself ;-) Especially in lesson 24 you can gain a lot of points when you ride the walls, if I remember correct that my dirty as hell 15.3xx got me over 600 points instead of the meager 150 (not sure exactly) for a clean 16.988 !

The lessons that will improve you're points using walls and shortcuts:
Lesson 3, use the wall to decellarate the car (0,2 sec faster than my clean time)
Lesson 10, use the wall / fence to turn the car (0,3 sec)
Lesson 18, use the wall / fence to turn the car (0,2 sec)
Lesson 20, use the walls (dunno, might help a lot)
Lesson 22, use the wall / fence to turn the car (0,7 sec)
Lesson 24, wallride all the way (1,6 sec)
Lesson 30, cut the corners through the sand (2,0 sec)
Time trails (Lessons 38 / 40 / 41) Riding walls and cutting corners might improve your times as well

So all in all not that many lessons where you will benifit from an unclean run.

This is also my fear for the points system in GT4, as much as I like the idea (I really do!) scoring many points does not mean it has been done with clean runs ! So unless PD ups the foul margins a lot (and making the game inaccesible to the novice player at the same time) the point count does not say anything about somebody being a good driver.

PS I still do not consider myself a good driver/player (merely an addicted one ;-)

I agree totaly CooperS! 👍
I know all the cheating lessons because I was using wallriding before,that way is easy to score above 13000(for me),but then I read rules on gtde and I was amazed,because untill then I thought that all thoose fast guys from the database are using walls the same way,I was schoked when I realised that all times are 100% clean :crazy:
This point sistem is good but PD should work on this cheating lessons! :)
In a week or a month....I should get my self Max Drive and then..."I'll be back" :sly: .....

P.S Without entering my times on gtde,I counted my total points with Point sheme.....I was on 2nd place with over 7000 points! :)
I think that's good and that's way I need replay proove! 👍
P.P.S Sorry for my bad english!

Cheers,GTmaniac (Zoky):cheers:

my points is 129XX.
without wall riding, I can;t make it..
but ,in gtde all records are clean.

now,I don't play gtp any more..to achieve high scores takes too much time for me.
so I am tired :grumpy:

agent R
my points is 129XX.
without wall riding, I can;t make it..
but ,in gtde all records are clean.

now,I don't play gtp any more..to achieve high scores takes too much time for me.
so I am tired :grumpy:

Hi Agent R is your nickname on GranTurismo.de Dalwing-Ruiliweb by any chance ? If so your times are amazing ! Respect !

Take care and we will hear more from you when GT4 comes out, no doubt

GTmaniac
I agree totaly CooperS! 👍
I know all the cheating lessons because I was using wallriding before,that way is easy to score above 13000(for me),but then I read rules on gtde and I was amazed,because untill then I thought that all thoose fast guys from the database are using walls the same way,I was schoked when I realised that all times are 100% clean :crazy:
This point sistem is good but PD should work on this cheating lessons! :)
In a week or a month....I should get my self Max Drive and then..."I'll be back" :sly: .....

P.S Without entering my times on gtde,I counted my total points with Point sheme.....I was on 2nd place with over 7000 points! :)
I think that's good and that's way I need replay proove! 👍
P.P.S Sorry for my bad english!

Cheers,GTmaniac (Zoky):cheers:

Hi GTmaniac, I know about the rules, harsh ain't they ;-) In the GT3 lessons the game itself was more strict about wall contacts.

PS Impressive if you come in second amongst the top drivers that have their times listed !
PPS No worries, I can perfectly understand you, that is the most important thing !

I've got 1 gold this morning from sílver to gold :)
It gave me only 54 points (total pts 5146).
I've got 7 secondes better then before , shouldn't it give me more? :confused:

Cosmic
I've got 1 gold this morning from sílver to gold :)
It gave me only 54 points (total pts 5146).
I've got 7 secondes better then before , shouldn't it give me more? :confused:

Ouch, that's gotta hurt! :ouch: The reason for that is that you only reach 100 points for getting the gold or better, so 54 points from silver to gold is a big increase relatively speaking.... it seems from other posts here that to score really high you need to wall-ride.... :indiff: Although the general consensus seem to be that clean runs are still the best way to becoming a better GT player, I think it's crazy that PD's new points system seems to benefit unrealistic/bad driving... 👎
anyway, good luck with those last few tests... 👍

Touring Mars
Ouch, that's gotta hurt! :ouch: The reason for that is that you only reach 100 points for getting the gold or better, so 54 points from silver to gold is a big increase relatively speaking.... it seems from other posts here that to score really high you need to wall-ride.... :indiff: Although the general consensus seem to be that clean runs are still the best way to becoming a better GT player, I think it's crazy that PD's new points system seems to benefit unrealistic/bad driving... 👎
anyway, good luck with those last few tests... 👍
Actaully I couldn't wall ride beacuse it was the last Coffe Break Licence Test.
Thanks anyway 👍

CooperS
Hi Agent R is your nickname on GranTurismo.de Dalwing-Ruiliweb by any chance ? If so your times are amazing ! Respect !

Take care and we will hear more from you when GT4 comes out, no doubt

sorry!
In gtde my nick name is rail gun..(kor version)

129XX is not clean records(a few wall ridings,short cut).
I"m waiting for gt4 very much.I'm playing energy air force 2and other racing games .when gt4 comes out,I will not play other games maybe.

good luck to you .Cooper S :)

agent R
sorry!
In gtde my nick name is rail gun..(kor version)

129XX is not clean records(a few wall ridings,short cut).
I"m waiting for gt4 very much.I'm playing energy air force 2and other racing games .when gt4 comes out,I will not play other games maybe.

good luck to you .Cooper S :)

Hi Rail gun (Agent R), I am chasing your 6th place lessons and overall on gt.de ;-) So please keep playing airforce2 ;-))

Maybe I should post a message for Dalwing on gt.de and ask him how many points he has, or can you get in touch with him for me? I think I read he is Korean right ?

Cheers
CooperS

Thurzo
Well, i think i've over 13500points with a few wall rides and short cuts.
I'm also waithing for gt 4 i need to have it.

Hi Thurzo, some great times you have !! Can I convince you to enter those times at Granturismo.de ? Since the events at racing-line you seem to be without any serious competition over there.

PS use 1st gear at lesson 14, I think you should be able to get below 25.000.

PPS congrats on your first GTPlanet post

CooperS
Maybe I should post a message for Dalwing on gt.de and ask him how many points he has, or can you get in touch with him for me? I think I read he is Korean right ?
He sometimes visits gtde so you can catch him there and there is some korean gaming site,I think it's ruliweb.com,but if you understand japanese language! 👍

Hi Cosmic, have you tried the tips from the lesson guide ? I guess you did but if there are any other lessons you need help with let us (the people here at GT) know and you might get some extra tips.

PS Getting many points will come later, first try to gold all lessons, after that improve the lessons you like and so on and so forth.

CooperS
PS use 1st gear at lesson 14, I think you should be able to get below 25.000.
Yes,but use Pal version for that lesson....for some reason I couldn't score bellow 25.000 in Ntsc! 👍

P.S Welcome Thurzo!:cheers:
P.P.S Sorry for double post! :scared:

Edit:Well,it wasn't a double post! :sly:

GTmaniac
He sometimes visits gtde so you can catch him there and there is some korean gaming site,I think it's ruliweb.com,but if you understand japanese language! 👍

Hi Gtmaniac I like the looks of the Japanese (and Korean) characters but I cannot understand a single one (no Katana nor the other dialect). I will try gt.de

Regards
CooperS

CooperS
Hi Cosmic, have you tried the tips from the lesson guide ? I guess you did but if there are any other lessons you need help with let us (the people here at GT) know and you might get some extra tips.

PS Getting many points will come later, first try to gold all lessons, after that improve the lessons you like and so on and so forth.
Hi! I managed to get 44 golds today (a little help from zoxxy :sly: ) see my signature :) And yes , my pts are more :D

Back