Pantera

  • Thread starter Thread starter speedy_2
  • 20 comments
  • 1,168 views
Messages
1,295
Messages
speedy_2
Went to the 1/8 mile drags at Qualcomm stadium tonight. Saw this beautiful car there. :)

Pantera1.jpg


Pantera2.jpg


Pantera3.jpg
 
The Pantera is just soooo damn Sexy !...

I doubt anyone will believe me, but my old überboss (guy who owns the company) has one, in pieces, parked next to all his Ferraris. It has been in that state all the time I was with the Company - Soooo friggin' sad... Btw. It's complete with the Ford V8 sitting on a shelf with the original Mag wheels.... Damn him and all his money..
 
Integra Type R
Cool car! I've never seen a Pantera IRL. :(

I like the 2nd and 3rd shots the most. :)

Again, next time post in the Offical Photography Thread. :D

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=46750
I have seen a few in real life, and am always amazed that the car didn't take off. Price point maybe? These cars are stunningly gorgeous, and next to a Carrera, I'd love to have one.

Simply beautiful shots of a beautiful car.

I've bumped this thread into the Automotive section, as that is where it belongs.
 
I saw two yesterday, red and black one. No Joke!
 
Wow. Such a wonderful car. :)
 
Beautiful car! 👍
 
Integra Type R
How much did they cost brand new?
1974 Pantera sold for $12,600

http://www.panteracars.com/carpage.html for some that are currently up for sale.

The last pantera was built in 1993, and in it's final design, only 41 were built. Truly a Luxury GT car. Of the 41 only 4 were made as a Targa model (open top).
 
Wow speedy, I didnt know you were in San Diego! I went to an autocross there at the beginning of the year. My buddy has a pantera, I went with him to a pantera GTG so many nice cars!

chrislook.jpg


garageme.jpg


yellowwidefront.jpg


500hpengine.jpg


ACcobrapantera3.jpg


panteragarageout.jpg


panteralinedown.jpg


chrisblur.jpg

My buddys car..

I have a ton more pics from that day.
 
This would be the 14th time I came back to look at these cars. Very nice! :D
 
They're great. There's a car here in Sweden, with an engine tuned by Gale Banks Engineering. Twin turbo's, 20 cm thick driveshaft and 690 bhp at 0.3 bar. Oh, and 14 inch wide tires.

And vr6gti72, where's all the images from? Heaven? :D
 
Der Alta
1974 Pantera sold for $12,600

http://www.panteracars.com/carpage.html for some that are currently up for sale.

The last pantera was built in 1993, and in it's final design, only 41 were built. Truly a Luxury GT car. Of the 41 only 4 were made as a Targa model (open top).


Hmm... I wonder why they didn't sell well, then? :confused:
 
There are a few of them around me, while they aren't really rare or anything I still think they are cool as hell.
 
Ever since I had a drawing contest here at GTP I've always liked them a little bit more than in the past. 👍
 
toyomatt84
You should get one of those Blazin! :D


I would love one, but my soon to be wife, finacee, whatever, would definatly kill me.
 
The transmission is almost the worth of the car ( out of the original GT-40). My friend is worried about that. I guess if you help develop HalfLife money really isnt a problem. :) He just got a new oilpan so he can now autocross it without the oil sloshing around and possibly killing the engine. It has 351 cleavland but hes thinking of swapping in something with a bigger aftermarket.....must be nice...oh yeah his "daily driver" is a Z06....
 
VIPERGTSR01
I saw two yesterday, red and black one. No Joke!
Yep same. Great car!
 
Radicool02
Yep same. Great car!


But did you see they red one? I saw it at Brighton in traffic.
 
VIPERGTSR01
But did you see they red one? I saw it at Brighton in traffic.
OH, probably not then. :P
 
Back