Patch 1.10 - new single player mode "GT League"

• Thread starter ststav01
  • 1,978 comments
Well Capcom said they will release additional free content to Resident Evil 7 from january this year. They said it will be out in 3 months confirmed. Here we are, mid december, 8 months later we are getting the actual free content :D

They said December for GT league and the cars
Yeah, we know.
it’s either coming next week or the week after if you work it out logically. There’s no way PD would release the update on the Christmas or New Years week so we have a timespan from the 11-22 for it to come in my opinion.
Working it out logically, and your opinion, are not quite as definitive as an announcement from PD saying it's coming on this date.
About the 1.09 thing it might not be that specific update number. Could easily be 1.10 with all these little patches PD are releasing.
Given that everyone was convinced it was coming in v1.07 (with even the user-made thread for the v1.07 update stating it isn't v1.07, because it doesn't have GT League in it), and PD released two patches this week, it might not even be v1.10. At that rate there's enough time to release up to v1.14 before the end of the month...

However, a user has declared that the GT League and cars are definitely coming in v1.09, which is "hopefully" this week - and the person who started this thread has changed the title on the strength of that alone. As one of the production team on the GTPlanet news page, I just want to know where the information is coming from so we can report on it. They can't be that definitive in their statements unless it has been posted somewhere officially, and I can't see it on the GT website, social media or PS blog...

Last edited:
The general consensus is the game is suffering from massive lack of content, PD have liveries in-game but things like manufacturer logos they use aren't in the livery editor for us to use ourselves without uploading/downloading them etc.
The last game had over 1100 cars, Granted a lot were old assets and duplicates but the current count is 1/10th that number.

Personally I'd rather have a smaller number of cars done well (thinking not just about the graphics, but also the physics and sounds) than a large number of cars badly implemented, though obviously would be nice to see more in the future - as long as they're implemented well.

Same goes for the tracks too.

Man I dig the new cars, would love more tracks hopefully next patch will give us a bunch of new tracks and I hope make believe not real world tracks.

Also really want the ferrari fxxk for some reason, love that car in assetto corsa looks amazing and I dig that split spoiler

Man I dig the new cars, would love more tracks hopefully next patch will give us a bunch of new tracks and I hope make believe not real world tracks.

Why do you want more fake tracks instead of real ones? Okay, some of them are fun, but I'd *much* rather have more real tracks (unless they're ovals...)

Why do you want more fake tracks instead of real ones? Okay, some of them are fun, but I'd *much* rather have more real tracks (unless they're ovals...)
From an objective standpoint, ( not my opinion but as an actual fact) modern tracks have been gimped to reduce the amount of speed and flow drivers can get. This was done for safety reasons. From a subjective standpoint, real tracks are boring.

From an objective standpoint, ( not my opinion but as an actual fact) modern tracks have been gimped to reduce the amount of speed and flow drivers can get. This was done for safety reasons. From a subjective standpoint, real tracks are boring.

But isn't that one reason why race sims often offer more than one historical layout for a given track?

Fctio
But isn't that one reason why race sims often offer more than one historical layout for a given track?
Yep, I'd love historical tracks, but I'd much rather have a PD track. Also, I bought a driving sim. I could name about a hundred places / BEFORE suggesting a real-world track. n.

Will it? Link?

I've seen PD publish optimistic dates before, and 'soon' when it's not sure, but never 'hopefully'. What's the source here?
Well I don't know for sure, I'm just making an educated guess. Or an assumption which is horribly incorrect. I was suggesting that the update would come after the regular maintenance period on a Wednesday.

With how close they where to December when they made the announcement, it shows how confident in a release date, by not giving one, it could easily be January when it’s released.

I suspect this addition wasn’t part of the original plan for the game, and the change of direction came until late, but PD thought they could make it by December.

Actually they could add in Daytona and Indy and not only get the road course but two more high speed ovals at the same time with those additions. I really like the Daytona road course.

Fctio

Yep, I'd love historical tracks, but I'd much rather have a PD track. Also, I bought a driving sim. I could name about a hundred places / BEFORE suggesting a real-world track. n.

I'd still love to see Spa Francorchamps, Imola, Languna Seca, Bathurst, also Silverstone, though the latter mostly because I live not far from it (Oxford, UK), so go to it quite often.

Actually they could add in Daytona and Indy and not only get the road course but two more high speed ovals at the same time with those additions. I really like the Daytona road course.
Too many ovals already. Wish they'd have given us those two instead what we got though. Damn I miss the road courses.

I'd still love to see Spa Francorchamps, Imola, Languna Seca, Bathurst, also Silverstone, though the latter mostly because I live not far from it (Oxford, UK), so go to it quite often.
We do have Bathurst though (aka Mount Panorama)

You mean Gran Turismo “historic” tracks, right???

Any tracks that were in GT6, should be in this game. Adding the Monza OVAL would be AMAZING. Obviously, Daytona, Motegi, and Indy are greatly missed. See, some of us like more than one overtaking opportunity per lap.

Polyphony/Sony need to be more confident with their dates, the fact that we still don't know an exact date for such a major update shows that they are still un-confident if they can make it, no other reason to keep the release under wraps. People want to know and many purchased the game based off the announcement for this.

I hope PD makes it before next year, but after no news at PSX for the update, I must say 2018 is looking more likely with each day.

I will dig around and see if I can get some info for the update.

Polyphony/Sony need to be more confident with their dates, the fact that we still don't know an exact date for such a major update shows that they are still un-confident if they can make it, no other reason to keep the release under wraps. People want to know and many purchased the game based off the announcement for this.

I hope PD makes it before next year, but after no news at PSX for the update, I must say 2018 is looking more likely with each day.

I will dig around and see if I can get some info for the update.

PD didn't announce a date so there's simply no date to miss. And there's still plenty of days left before 2018.

PD didn't announce a date so there's simply no date to miss. And there's still plenty of days left before 2018.
Only 11 days, companies don't really work in great capacity in the christmas season, no hope past December 22nd.

Hoping to jump in and spend time with GTS this Christmas, so I am still hopeful, but worried at the same time.

How do you know PD specifically works in a lower rate in December? You don't, you're just assuming.

Nothing prevents them from releasing it after that date, they might want to release it on Christmas day.
How many releases of games/updates are we getting past december 22nd?

Releasing in the holiday season means limited PR, people spend Christmas home, at that point they would get no news out of the update as journalists and PR teams take the holiday off, am I assuming? No.

I have been working with PR teams and you are lucky to get in touch with anyone working in marketing on Christmas from their office, it's very rare.
Same goes for developers, I know a lot devs that work in the industry, none of them are working on Christmas.

I want to be as hopeful as you, but got to be realistic too.

How many releases of games/updates are we getting past december 22nd?

Releasing in the holiday season means limited PR, people spend Christmas home, at that point they would get no news out of the update as journalists and PR teams take the holiday off, am I assuming? No.

I have been working with PR teams and you are lucky to get in touch with anyone working in marketing on Christmas from their office, it's very rare.
Same goes for developers, I know a lot devs that work in the industry, none of them are working on Christmas.

But PD aren't others, they release what they like when they like. They are releasing updates every other day in December so they aren't working in a lower rate in the holiday season. Actually it's quite the contrary, it feels like they are doing more things now.

They might want to release on the 22nd or 23rd on purpose to make it a "Christmas DLC" type-thing.

So let's not assume things and say they missed dates already.

But PD aren't others, they release what they like when they like. They are releasing updates every other day in December so they aren't working in a lower rate in the holiday season. Actually it's quite the contrary, it feels like they are doing more things now.

They might want to release on the 22nd or 23rd on purpose to make it a "Christmas DLC" type-thing.

So let's not assume things and say they missed dates already.
Never said they missed the date, and PD are no different than others.
Holidays start around the 22nd, so they have been working full time and will continue to do so until Christmas.

Can they release it on last day in the office? Yes.

Would it be smart? No.

They need the marketing badly since GT Sport is heavily hated for the online focus.

That's just my opinion on how late they can release it to make it reach more people.

I still have hope, but their silence is not helping the community.

Can they release it on last day in the office? Yes.

Would it be smart? No.

I'm afraid PD don't care about being logical or smart...

They need the marketing badly since GT Sport is heavily hated for the online focus.

Hated by some people on GTPlanet wich make about 10-15% of the GT Sport community? Most people don't even care about Sport mode.

I'm afraid PD don't care about being logical or smart...

Hated by some people on GTPlanet wich make about 10-15% of the GT Sport community?
Umm No.
I have a YouTube channel with some GT videos reaching 300k-500k people, guess what is the major complain in the comments?

Lack of single player, it has calmed down since the announcement though, have a look around pre-announcement blogs, tweets etc.

If you think that GT Sport is receiving hate only on GTPlanet, you have not done research at all.

I'm not hating on the game in any way, but I assure you that what you are saying is very much false, many can tell you how much GTS was boycotted for lack of single player at launch around the internet.

Umm No.
I have a YouTube channel with some GT videos reaching 300k-500k people, guess what is the major complain in the comments?

Lack of single player, it has calmed down since the announcement though, have a look around pre-announcement blogs, tweets etc.

If you think that GT Sport is receiving hate only on GTPlanet, you have not done research at all.

I'm not hating on the game in any way, but I assure you that what you are saying is very much false, many can tell you how much GTS was boycotted for lack of single player at launch around the engire internet.

Since when were we discussing Sport mode?

And i did boycott the game as well , i don't own GT Sport yet because of the Sport mode focus, so no, people don't have to tell me anything.

@Phoenix i'm considering buying it soon too, because of the same reason.

Since when were we discussing Sport mode?

And i did boycott the game as well , i don't own GT Sport yet because of the Sport mode focus, so no, people don't have to tell me anything.
Not once did I mention Sport Mode, I was talking about Single Player for the most part.

Please read through entire posts before replying, as you went completely off-topic.

I hope folks like yourself that bought the game for this update get the Chriatmas gift you guys deserve, but as I said previously, I am worried.

Polyphony is very well known for being the late guy at the party, sadly...that is a fact.

Back