Patch 1.10 - new single player mode "GT League"

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by ststav01, Nov 22, 2017.

1. CLowndes888

CLowndes888

It doesn't sound like a 458 at all, it is quite different and a bit louder. The sound is the best in game (dispute as you will). Great fun to drive, but the absence of turbo lag is a downside considering how often people speak of it. Not that I care because I'm driving my favourite car.

TheNuvolari likes this.
  2. Griffith500

Griffith500

There's a hard metallic component mixed in for the onboard, but the exhaust is mostly modeled after the 458 (although the real inspiration was the other way: where do you think they got the idea for the 355's howling merge?).

It's not identical to the 458 in the game, but it doesn't sound exactly like an F40, either. There is a lot of this in the game - plenty of cars that sound "good", but not quite right for their engine architecture. Another prominent, recent example is the Cobra - doesn't sound like it has separate exhausts. I try not to let it ruin my enjoyment ;)

SDSPOWER01 and Fabr_123 like this.
  3. 05XR8

05XR8

How much tuning of a car, can be done in the Sunday Cup, Boxer Spirit, etc?

To add: If PD are going to be that detailed with the RX-7, hope they enable the v-tec shift lights in the NSX-R this time.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2017
  4. Tillbeast

Tillbeast

Quick quesion.

Can you play the new single player content without an internet connection? I have upgraded to a pro and giving my old ps4 to someone else but they don' have internet at home.

5. Donnced

Donnced

Yes,it can be played without Internet connection, BUT,you CAN'T save any progress without Internet connection.

So,if they don't have Internet at home, better stay away from GT Sport

6. redhed17

redhed17

If you are starting from a new account on the PS4 you are giving away, you may have to set up the new user, and install the game, with all updates to get it ready to save the GT League offline if you haven't thought of that already.

As Donnced said, a lot of the progress can't be saved, and it may become a very frustrating and limited game with no internet connection.

Oh, and I just had another thought, parts of the GT League has levels you need to be at drive the. It may take quite awhile to get to those levels just doing custom races.

Gone is the joy of getting a game and just playing it. :rolleyes:

7. Tillbeast

Tillbeast

Thanks for the replies. Got home and checked it out. Online saves only suck

sirjim73 and fikridroid like this.
  8. CLowndes888

CLowndes888

I'm not one to get hung up about the details, mainly because I don't have an understanding of what's incorrect!:lol:

9. BrunusCL82

BrunusCL82

News about the content of next update?

10. Aphelion

Aphelion

:grumpy:

TheNuvolari likes this.
  11. Nielsen

Nielsen

"GT Mode" hasn't really been the same for well over a decade. Since GT5 it has been little more than themed events showcasing the variety of different car types. Thanks to Seasonal Events, credits also started accumulating so easily that upgrading slow cars lost its former appeal and purpose. So I wouldn't say GT League is much different to what GT's core mode has been for some years now, other than being much smaller for now. In this regard it actually makes little sense that PD brought back this broken formula now that GT Sport aimed to be different. Respone to fan requests of course, but still quite pointless without a worthwhile overhaul to the classic mode.

Falcon787B and ShiftingGears like this.
  12. Cayit

Cayit

Since we will be getting more Cars until March '18, i assume we will be also getting ''updated'' the GT League with more Races...

13. ShiftingGears

ShiftingGears

GT league is PD regressing into bad habits again. Half the events are a disparate mishmash of vehicles which they were presumably turning away from when they launched GT sport.

14. TypeRDC5

TypeRDC5

Agree this single player add on feels like it;s coming straight from GT5, The GT League makes me realise that I love the direction they originally took with GT Sport even more than I thought so.

Don't get me wrong i love the extra events and its nice to have a reason to use a load of cars that i never use and i'm even enjoying using sports tyres that I rarely use in sport mode because most races are gr3,fr4, the thrill and excitement of Sport mode racing against other people online on stable servers with little to no lag is miles better than grinding our results against awful AI for credits and car collecting.

On a side note the new cars are a very welcome addition, I can't stop driving the F40 :)

JonnoW and KingFrog like this.
  15. MarchingSaint

MarchingSaint

The Gt league is. A welcome addition, has a lot of room for improvement but i get that the league wasn't a priority for the studio. I can't get enough of the F40 or R32.

fikridroid likes this.
  16. Nielsen

Nielsen

Any ideas why PD didn't opt for a reappearance of Seasonal Events over the static GT League? I think that could have been more consistent with the always online approach. Besides, time-limited Seasonal Events would be better excused for the barebones gold trophy hunt.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2017
    foundaunivers likes this.
  17. Sloppy Shades

Sloppy Shades Premium

Played through all the League events. 'League' being a very subjective use of the word. Nothing more than cobbled together custom races with THE WORST gold trophy of ALL time in any game. It must have been randomly generated by a 3yo on an Android app. Which is being generous. If there are more races promised I'm not interested.
    We need BADLY a CUSTOM RACE mode where like liveries we can design our own races, upload them and play ours and others designs online or offline. It would be very well used and there would be some great races for sure.
    It would give the game a whole new life span and let PD concentrate on getting the engine right and penalties/sport mode etc.
    ANY of us here could do a better job designing these races.
    The only race I felt was a challenge was the MR race at Maggiore. I used the Citroen and had a tight fun race. BUT I had to ignore the shambolic cartoon like rubber-banding called BOOST in this game (watch out for it in lobbies!)
    Leader starts 30 seconds ahead of you. Catch him by end of second lap....the next 8 he's no further than 4 seconds behind you all the way.

splintermgs and KingFrog like this.
  18. KingFrog

KingFrog (Banned)

But CAREER MODE!! Seriously the mission challenges were PD at its best, they gave us interesting scenarios and good clean competitive racing.
    PD should make ALL N grades like GR 3/4 and closely balance them out. This is why BOP was invented PD, people who like running stock cars can just race with BOP off, people who like it can turn it on. You can already do this but PD got the bright idea to include detuned and tuned cars into N grids. This was done to make it appear as if the game has more cars since certain N classes only have 2-3 cars. But ironically it seems like the game has fewer cars when grade N 600- 1000 all have a laFerrari / Veneno / Hellcat/ AMG AND the grids for ALL classes are fixed. Heck, PD can drop the whole N class crap and give us something along the line of drive club : Hatchback / Sports car / Supercar/ Hypercar and add cars into there and adjust them with BOP. Im sure PD had a class system in GranTurismo 1 - 3 that worked like this C / B/ A / S class. All Pd would have to do is toss in cars into these classes and adjust their BOP . Heck they can even keep the N classes , the C-S system would be BOP balanced classes. Tune/detune cars from 100-300 to 200 , 301-500 to 400 , 501- 700 to 600 and 700-1000 all to 900 and tada C/B/A/S class

Sloppy Shades likes this.
  19. @nndr3w

@nndr3w

What about this as an idea. You have qualifications and the times are compared against your friends best times. Then the race emulates your friends times in the AI cars.

fikridroid likes this.
  20. KingFrog

KingFrog (Banned)

Like forza, no thanks. The only way to speed/ slow cars down is by using speed modifiers, basically hard banding cars to go faster. Slower based on your qualification time, it's easy to cheat and serves as a long way to pick difficulty.

21. @nndr3w

@nndr3w

No sure what you mean but if it can be cheated then I agree.

22. chromatic9

chromatic9 Premium

Last edited: Dec 26, 2017
  23. Griffith500

Griffith500

The left hand image is clearly sharper, within the limits of texture resolution, obviously.

24. GTWelsh

GTWelsh Premium

That subtle difference costs a lot of FPS from my experience, not worth it until the textures are (much) better. Even then if you want realism it's all nothing without true-to-life lighting. Example being, watch TV, looks real doesn't it, now watch it in 720p, still looks real doesn't it :p

I'd prefer if we stuck to 1080p and worked on textures and lighting dynamics.

Sikumatchbox and Doomotron like this.
  25. foundaunivers

foundaunivers

My November 2017 prediction was wrong. The user score for GT Sport stubbornly remains at 6.0 post-Christmas.

With extreme rubber banding, inability of the AI to take a corner at speed, AI that drives dirty and doesn't teach sportsmanship, no sense of progression, no multi-race championships (!) and no seasonal events (!) the single player content in GT Sport is still disappointing.

The handicap and clean racing reward bonuses in GT League are a very welcome addition.

Edit: I'm surprised by how much I have enjoyed the circuit experience. It has made me a MUCH better racing driver. It's a wonderful addition to the franchise.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
  26. ZHPbimmer

ZHPbimmer

Can somebody please tell me why the hurrican, the car in the picture for the midship challenge events is NOT allowed in the event?! What the hell?

27. Doomotron

Doomotron

PD.

meck_rb7 and MOPARbarrett5 like this.
  28. baldgye

baldgye Premium

I finished all the events a few weeks ago, honestly the only enjoyable event was the endurance LMP1 race, the enjoyment of which was due simply down to driving such a fast car around a fun track.

I don’t understand why it had time wasted on it to be honest. The challenge came from merely getting out of ‘boost’ range for the final start/finish straight.

I wasn’t expecting anything so I guess it delivered, but even as something to do instead of Sport mode it fails.
    I find far more enjoyment from making short races and trying to win them from last in a GR3/4 car...