Patch 1.10 - new single player mode "GT League"

• Thread starter ststav01
  • 1,978 comments
Ahh, gotta love Pd's marketing strategy with this game. Release a sub par product, wait for incoming backlash, quickly announce an upcoming patch that will include things that should've been in the game in the first place.
Sub-par product? If they'd waited you'd have been whining that they delayed it again. They can't win. What they did do is release a solid game that justified me putting in more than 24 hours driving and 40'odd hours total in general messing about. Hardly sub-par, and nobody is forcing you to play it.

So we can now all agree the game was a bit meh before :D
No. The game was fine before and continues to get better with each update at no extra cost to us.

Some people just want to whine and complain for the sake of it, such is the state of the first-world we live in.

No. The game was fine before and continues to get better with each update at no extra cost to us.

Some people just want to whine and complain for the sake of it, such is the state of the first-world we live in.
Smilie face?

At the end of an online race we could see the winner's screen with some info. Now we get a "personal" screen that we finished in whatever position etc. is there a way to change that? (winning is a solution i know hehe) But seriously i think that it is interesting getting some info on winners when we dont win the race. Looking at their total wins etc works as a challenge to become better :)

At the end of an online race we could see the winner's screen with some info. Now we get a "personal" screen that we finished in whatever position etc. is there a way to change that? (winning is a solution i know hehe) But seriously i think that it is interesting getting some info on winners when we dont win the race. Looking at their total wins etc works as a challenge to become better :)

I thought that having to witness that winner in his or her celebration pose was also kind of a small torture :D just so you want to avoid that next time and win yourself. :)
So i dont mind getting the winner displayed. After all, he or she earned it to show off.
Or just make some animation of a podium with the first three celebrating together.

Last edited:

i thought that having to witness that winner in his or her celebration pose was also kind of a small torture :D just so you want to avoid that next time and win yourself :)
so i dont mind getting the winner displayed. after all, he or she earned it to show off.
or just make some animation of a podium with the first three celebrating together.

I have no idea why PD doesn't have a podium display, it would be so much better and more realistic. But they went with 'winning is everything', for that screen, the achievements, and the trophies.

Finish low down and it's just you and your car, as if you're glaring at it saying "you piece of ****".

A bit higher up and you're getting a solemn handshake from someone you've never met (I know, team boss or whatever, but we haven't ever been introduced to the team). He's probably wondering when that other driver they were trying to headhunt will become available.

:sly:

I have no idea why PD doesn't have a podium display, it would be so much better and more realistic. But they went with 'winning is everything', for that screen, the achievements, and the trophies.

Finish low down and it's just you and your car, as if you're glaring at it saying "you piece of ****".

A bit higher up and you're getting a solemn handshake from someone you've never met (I know, team boss or whatever, but we haven't ever been introduced to the team). He's probably wondering when that other driver they were trying to headhunt will become available.

:sly:
+
Sorry meant the new approach adopted might help a little too in reducing the win at all costs many seem to adopt....

Sub-par product? If they'd waited you'd have been whining that they delayed it again. They can't win. What they did do is release a solid game that justified me putting in more than 24 hours driving and 40'odd hours total in general messing about. Hardly sub-par, and nobody is forcing you to play it.

That's where you're wrong my guy. i would've gladly waited, infact, i would've waited for GT6 to come out on PS4. Hardly sub-par? Not what a lot of other people think, specifically companies who review games..

There's more people that dislike it than like it, simple facts. Just because you're easily pleased doesn't mean the game is good. it is a sub-par game if you compare it to previous titles. Sorry to burst your bubble, but if the sales figures aren't there, this will be the last GT you get, so enjoy the hot garbage while it lasts.

That's where you're wrong my guy. i would've gladly waited, infact, i would've waited for GT6 to come out on PS4. Hardly sub-par? Not what a lot of other people think, specifically companies who review games..

There's more people that dislike it than like it, simple facts. Just because you're easily pleased doesn't mean the game is good. it is a sub-par game if you compare it to previous titles. Sorry to burst your bubble, but if the sales figures aren't there, this will be the last GT you get, so enjoy the hot garbage while it lasts.
I feel confident in saying that sales will easily surpass GT6. Even if the sales don't live up to expectations, don't expect this to be the last GT. PD has enough brand power that Sony wouldn't pull the plug on it after their first entry into the latest hardware. Releasing GT6 on PS3 was a mistake, but now that GT is on PS4, I'd expect at least one more title before Sony would even consider shuttering them.

And while there are a lot of mixed feelings regarding the game, I wouldn't say the majority of people dislike. Did it alienate some of the fans that liked the old style? Of course, but it's also going to bring in people who may not have played GT in the past. And the game isn't really getting that bad of reviews either. Most are positive and the aspects they're criticizing most are the small content and the always online aspects, two things which can and have been addressed.

Here at :gtpflag:we are more than used to delays by now so it wouldn't be anything new with PD.

Whilst I agree so far from my experience the game is very polished however I've only had the game a little over a week now and I've got gold on everything, I've been gifted most of the cars the only thing keeping me any kind of interested is the livery editor and that took its sweet time making it into the series (It was hinted at back in the GT:5 Prologue days over a decade ago!!!)

The general consensus is the game is suffering from massive lack of content, PD have liveries in-game but things like manufacturer logos they use aren't in the livery editor for us to use ourselves without uploading/downloading them etc.
The last game had over 1100 cars, Granted a lot were old assets and duplicates but the current count is 1/10th that number.

They had 4years and I really don't need to hear excuses oh PD is only a small studio etc etc for the simple fact that Bethesda have even less employees and they still bang games out faster with a hell of a lot more content.

So why do you think that they are separate teams? And why do all these studios have the same team structure? Why don't they just have one big 3D modelling team that does everything? And why aren't there any alternative structures, such as "team a-h", "team i-q", "team r-z"? Team a-h could do Audi and Bathurst, team i-q could do Imola and Jaguar, team r-z could do Renault and Suzuka. Why not? If they all do the same job anyway?

No, they are not looking for "a CG artist". They are looking for several CG artists. They're not asking the same person do to both tracks and cars, because we already know that they are organized into different teams. Where they end up is not based on management rolling a dice, it's based on their skills and what they're good at. I'm sure some artists would do a good job in either group, but then it's because they have the required skills.

A car modeler and a landscape modeler are both called CG artist, just as a painter is called a painter regardless of whether he's painting landscapes or portraits. That doesn't mean that the landscape painter is also good at painting portraits, and vice versa. I'm sure the landscape painter can paint a portrait if they must, but chances are that it won't be up to par with what the portrait painter can achieve.

Of course it has. If you learn how to model a landscape in 3D, you should be able to use that knowledge to model a car. After all, it's the same thing...

victorypbeda-car-gaz-m20-img.jpg
oDOBJ.jpg
i totally agree with your painters comparison. i do 3d modeling for a living, and its completely different.

objects, specially when they are the center of attention require a lot of 3d model detail and complex surfacing, very difficult specially for cars, because they have to look smooth but at the same time shapes are really defined.
on the other hand, "ambients" or spaces are primarily very simple 3d shapes with very little 3d detail, but with a vey complex map texturing (images) for color, roughness, opacity, specular, etc, etc.

in other words, car artists spend a lot of time with 3d modeling, shaping, refining, etc. and track artists spend a lot of time on 2d files, editing photos and creating images.

In my honest opinion, i was already happy with how GTS was when i bought it back at launch, now they've added new cars and a new promising update in december will bring even more features to a game i already love. Knowing PD they're preparing something for christmas, now the catch is: are they going to update the game in early december? or will they update it during the christmas week? I'd say they'll go for the double december update with a special event ( like they did with time ago with the Mazda VGT) but here i'm just speculating.
I'm wondering if they'll ever announce new tracks or just add them in silence though

Sub-par product? If they'd waited you'd have been whining that they delayed it again. They can't win.
Such is the lot of every developer in the industry.

What they did do is release a solid game that justified me putting in more than 24 hours driving and 40'odd hours total in general messing about.

Hardly sub-par, and nobody is forcing you to play it.
Good for you, the main point being 'for you'. Your personal experiences don't invalidate anyone else, nor can they be used as an effective argument to dismiss them.

Once again this depends on a persons expectations and personal focus. It was fine for you before and continues to get better for you with each update. However just as I dont get to speak for all purchasers, nor do you.

As such these attempts to shut down any opinion that differs from you own (and please don't try and claim you are not doing that, 'nobody is forcing you to play and the following comment put pay to that defence).

And some people just want to white knight for the sake of it, such is the state of the first-world we live in.

It cuts both ways you see.

I think (hope) Gr. 2 is reserved for Japan Super GT/DTM, since they are a lot faster than FIA GT3 (Gr. 3)
My biggest wish will be a Gr. 2 Dlc pack with thouse cars.
My only concern is that thouse two categories are not FIA sanctioned.

I want those too, badly. DTM and Super GT are awesome. Would need more tracks to go with them too though, only Nurb and Suzuka currently! Need Fuji, twin ring, hockenheim and so many more :indiff:

I want those too, badly. DTM and Super GT are awesome. Would need more tracks to go with them too though, only Nurb and Suzuka currently! Need Fuji, twin ring, hockenheim and so many more :indiff:

GT3 is SRO sanctioned and Le Mans/WEC is ACO sanctioned (FIA simply lend the name) but the cars still appear in GT Sport.

Personally I'd rather see LMP2 and IMSA DPi as Gr.2 as it plugs the gap... also where the hell is the multi-class races with 29 opponents?

Great news! I just hope they reinstate some of the missing features from Gran Turismo 4 (Special Condition Events, Endurance Events). A few more tracks and cars wouldn't be bad too! :cheers:

Ok definitely buying a wheel now. Hopefully they add trial mountain and Tsukuba. Just have to update VR and I’ll buy that to
Are they actually adding them?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, certainly at the rate they're making adjustments to the base game atm.
Fwiw, I still think delaying the GT league was a stroke of genius. It made the online mode inescapable. So most of us tried it. From my previous online experience I was expecting a terrible and very broken experience and I was pleasantly surprised.
I'm over the moon that the league is coming but it's not the be all, end all of GT now.
It's a new chapter for GT and PD and I think there's something for everyone.

it is a sub-par game if you compare it to previous titles. Sorry to burst your bubble, but if the sales figures aren't there, this will be the last GT you get, so enjoy the hot garbage while it lasts.

How we can compare this to previous titles when there isn't previous one, this is first "sport" title?
If you're speaking product functionality, then this is more functioning than previous products from PD, less bugs and problems, better overall functionality. Designer choice of online save isn't arguable thing on function workings, because it's working just as designed, if you don't like it that's a different thing.
IMO.

Will it? Link?

I've seen PD publish optimistic dates before, and 'soon' whe it's not sure, but never 'hopefully'. What's the source here?

They said December for GT league and the cars, it’s either coming next week or the week after if you work it out logically. There’s no way PD would release the update on the Christmas or New Years week so we have a timespan from the 11-22 for it to come in my opinion. If not then I’m a baffoon.

About the 1.09 thing it might not be that specific update number. Could easily be 1.10 with all these little patches PD are releasing.

Back