Patch 1.09 Wishlist

United States
United States
Please PD! Please allow us to put rims on our standard cars. If u have to import them from past GTs just like u did with the cars then be my guest. I am tired of racing a race car that looks stock. Add more rims for premium cars too. The scarce selection really does not have much good looking rims.

Many of us have been begging for drag racing for YEARS now. I doubt we will get it but it is better than not sayin anything about it.

Last edited:
Front aero parts that give front downforce. Fixed or adjustable, as long as it's more than 10.

Reduce trade limit to 100,000 credits.

You mean the sending limit. Might as well remove it completely, waste the time it took to develop it... restart everyone's game in the entire world because odds are that 40% of all cars are duped ones....

How about being realistic?

Me:
Level requirement for X2010 down to 30 or 35
Increased credits for winning
Try and fix the online racing so many people can get proper races.

Be able to save during endurance races. 3.5 hours through the Roadster event and someone hits the triangle button to continue racing when I'm not at the wheel.

for next patch i want new cars and tracks - would be really nice if we could get tracks from prevoius GT like midfield or el capitan....

Reduce trade limit to 100,000 credits.

So when are you getting sworn in for presidency of the Anti-Duping Society?

On Topic: What Roj said... 👍 So dumb to put on front Aero and you cant adjust it

Ditch A-Spec and the whole driving aspect of GT5 because there are cheaters who use rubberband grinding to earn money!

Make B-Spec the only mode of the game!

Restart Everyones game! (Okay Not Really Serious)

But Seriously, I think PD should make it like Previous GT Version where In order to Compete in the Races you have to EARN that License Type!

I've got all 60 Golds Currently and would Love to do it again as I thought it was a challenge to get all Golds!

I'd like a burger stand half way round the Nurby so I can stop, take photo's, play swingball and eat.

:lol:

I understand the sarcasm.

I love that on the same day as a new patch is released, a thread is immediately started saying that it isn't enough.

Front aero parts that give front downforce. Fixed or adjustable, as long as it's more than 10.

👍

Replacing the rims on a car should also alter the weight, as should a lot of modifications. Adding a supercharger will increase wight, adding a turbo will increase weight and so on.

And add a telemetry screen so tuning a suspension becomes easier. Everybody and their mother does it nowadays and I'd appreciate having it in GT5 as well.

You can expect a job offer from Sony/PD any time now! 👍

:lol:

I was being sarcastic, but think about it...

Some people abused car gifting, PD made car gifting useless!
Some people use rubberband grinding, will PD drop A-Spec?

In other words instead of fixing the problem PD always makes the worst decisions, that's why GT5 was a mess when it was released and it's getting worse... 👎

People are duping cars?
Don't ban gifting! Increase the prize money. Allow us to win prize cars again or win one of our A-Spec opponents cars. Allow us to sell expensive cars. Unlock all cars in arcade mode!

But I find funny that all the GT5 elitists were so enraged about car duping yet they find rubberband grinding totally acceptable. Of course if some people are enjoying with rubberband grinding I have no problem, keep on doing it and have fun! It's your game! 👍

But the fact that rubberband grinding is even possible proves beyond any doubt that GT5 isn't a simulation but a very rough approximation of driving mechanics that sometimes is convincing. The damage modelling and the collision physics in GT5 are laughable non-existant.... But No.... PD doesn't fix that! Instead they care about the important things which is to ban car gifting! 👎:dunce:

Hope the next patch will finally add a save option in endurance. If not I'll do my own GT5. With blackjack. and hookers.

I'd like a Ferrari cake, and 6 pack of coronas please.

Oh, and more options to do stuff to standard cars too (at least change the wheels!)

Here are my suggestions:

1. Be able to use standard cars in photo travel. It really doesn't make sense that only premium cars are allowed, and this is only made worse by the fact that you can see standard cars in the photo travel locations of the main menu. Oh, and standard cars don't look ugly; they look fine.
2. Name your AI & B-Spec Driver. If all your opponents have names, why not name them yourself? It could be your friends' names or your family's names, or even your rival's names. Same applies to B-Spec Driver; finding a random name is not fun at all.
3. Remove the leveling system. This is just my opinion, but I hated the leveling system from the very beginning. I've played Gran Turismo since the first game, and I can say that the leveling system is not user-friendly, especially to new players of GT5. You need to reach a certain level to do a certain race. You need to reach a certain level to buy that car. I just find that leveling system unfair. I think that all cars should be available to use, and that all races should be restricted to licenses, just like before.
4. Put some used cars in the dealership as new cars. It's no fun trying to find our favorite car after every race. Some of these cars, like the Toyota GT-ONE and the Suzuki ESCUDO, should go back to the dealersihp.
5. Be able to pick the time and weather of any track that has those features.
6. Simplify the track menu. Like, put the option of time/weather change and forward/reverse all in one track. The track selection menu seems very disorganized.
7. Allow us to set the view of the car in options. Every time I start Gran Turismo 5 and then start a race, I am always at the mirror view of the car. Please put the option to set the view of the car back.
8. Fast-Forward the B-Spec. Not all of us can sit through a boring 20-lap Tsukuba race, or a 24h Nurburgring race. Please bring the fast-forwarding back.
9. The ability to save in championship and endurance race.
10. An opportunity for DLC. Being able to download tracks and cars, that is. Though this may be introduced as a 2.0 or higher update
11. Custom BGM for Used Car Dealership, the menu before the race, when you win a race, and others that I may have missed.
12. Be able to switch music during racing. This is especially true if you end up with a song you've already listened to. Midnight Club was able to do this, why not Gran Turismo?
13. Create custom events/championships, with the latter for Arcade Mode (both single and two-player battle).

That's all I can think of for now. I'm actually new to this forum, so I hope my ideas are alright.

Last edited:
Rims for standards would be nice, perhaps a "hood/bonnet" view, instead of sitting on the roof. More seasonal events, bigger laptime/record lists.

But the main thing i want

Drag Strip.

Another thing I'd like...
In online mode, it would be nice to have more filters... a filter for the age of the car, and a
filter for the brand of the car.

This to create and search more targeted events.. :)

revert to 1.06. This isn't a patch, its a 🤬 attempt at removing our freedom. They're worse than Soviet Russia
InSovietRussiaTelevisionWatchesYou!.gif

Co-op A-spec It would be fun if I could do A-spec races together with a friend. This would really add value for me and at least one more person I know :)

I wish they would offer optional rims and equipment (like Carbon fiber roof and spoiler on the Lexus LFA) from the Manufacturer itself like in the real world

Last edited:
In my opinion it is kinda scary what PD might do/take away/change for the worse in the next update.

Saves in endurance and championship events is a must. Set it up so you can save only after completing a race in a series, and during a pit stop in an endurance, but just do it. Ridiculous that it has not been implemented.

Reverse the 1 mil trade limit from 1.07. Take backs like that are not good IMHO

Changing wheels and painting them on standard cars should have been an option already.

Hi All, Here is my wishlist of additions to GT5, adding to some already-made suggestions:

- Option to QUICKLY change cars in practice mode, ie. at the pre-race menu.
- Option to perform standing start at the Top Gear Test Track.
- A larger selection of aftermarket rims for premium cars.
- Ability to change the rims of standard cars.
- Adding tracks from previous GT series, including:
- Seattle Circuit
- Citta d'Aria
- El Capitan
- Midfield Raceway
- Change some of the more popular/famous standard cars to premium editions (eg. Bugatti Veyron)
- A larger number of available seasonal events to allow faster progression through the game (more credits and XP to earn) to reduce grinding.
- A time trial event on the Nurburgring.
- A choice offered for different race liveries for RM cars, as opposed to a single design.
- Ability to track backwards or forwards though a replay for PhotoMode use.
- Ability to be able to purchase paint chips as well as winning or obtaining with car purchases.
- Ability to actually pre-view a car prior to spraying, instead of the little spinning model.
- Allow cars in-game to stay dirty over time until a car wash is performed, eg. a car would remain dirty whilst in garage, photo mode etc.
- Finally, different types of vehicles added would be exciting, such as 3-wheeled cars and other innovative modern designs.

Overall my vote is the game rocks. I know there are niggles here and there but I don't mind as at the end of the day the gameplay is superlative.
With recent updates/patches we all know that PD are listening and taking action.
Anyway thanks for reading and soz it's been a long one.

Happy Driving :)

Disable pause during A-Spec endurance events!! :mad:
That would be so realistic...

And implement a punishment system.
For each day you don't login to GT5 a car you own will be removed from your garage! :mad:

That will teach you to use your PS3 for other stuff or even worse (blasphemy!) play other games!! :dunce:

1. Paintdealer in GT-Auto => if you want a special colour you have to pay 5k-10k (chrome and other specials have to be more expensive)
And/Or: use the chips infinite => less "PD-gift"paintchips when you log in.

2. Trackeditor: Seperate the Bumps from the difficultness => you could create "flat" Circuits with many corners

3. Higher Credits for the Endurence Races but this is not a must just optional ;)

4. Faster loading times espacially for the garage ;)

5. Car change while in GT auto

6. Optoin to have 2-4 tunes for one Car (like in GT4 and GT5P)

Just my list of things to make GT5 a better game xD

Back